• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Krayzie

Just found a spare boots and gloves of akkan. Any takers?

Come on Kadala + LootGod. Still no luck on the Gyrfalcons Foote. Someone got a spare one? Will trade for my firstborn + a coke light.

BTW: Is there a way to see how many bloodshards you've earned?

Check your inventory. Its next to the cash amount.

Number45

Also having the issue with all my friends list playing Destiny.

My psn: NaughtyPrawn

Anyone still active on Diablo give me an add! :D
I'm guilty of this at the moment. I do hop on occasionally (need to get the last two classes to 70), but I'm really looking forward to some of the changes coming in 2.1.

That's my point though. Those things aren't going to increase your damage. Those things are going to leave your general stats the same or in a lot of cases lower (your sheet damage ALWAYS goes down when you equip a RoRG because the stats are always shit). This is my seasonal Wizard right now. My sheet damage is only 250k (substantially lower than yours) and I can do Torment 2 no problem. The only difference in gear is the Leoric's Crown (as that is not attainable on console yet). If you can only do T1 with the stats you listed then it means you need to fix your build. Close to a million sheet damage should not be stuck on Torment 1.

More to the original point though, the items you are striving for are not items that are going to push you into Torment 3 or 4, those are the items that are going to push you into Torment 6 and beyond (in 2.1). Right now you should simply be trying to get really good rolls on your gear and find a build that is strong without a reliance on legendary items such as the wand that gives 2 hydras.

Ah on that wizard i can do t2 but VERY slowly. Fair enough points though. My current crusader is on T1 about 460K DPS. Ive never ventured into T3 on any of my characters because i know i will get destroyed by Elites.

BTW i do have a leorics crown? it wasnt good though - unless there is a special one you have that i dont.

Audioboxer

i dont understand what that "unity" ring does - splits damage among people wearing it...what does that mean?

Say an enemy hits for 4,000 damage to one person. Instead of that person taking the full hit, if 4 people were playing, each person would take 1,000 damage.

Only really useful ring IMO if you have a big co-op session going. I wouldn't even wear it for 2 people.

Jumped up to T5 last night, struggling a bit. I think the Gyrfalcon build just might not be good enough for end-game, maybe T1-T4, or possibly T5 with better rolls than me. I'll post my build and stats later, might be time to go hunting for Fate of the Fell I think it's called. I have one in storage, but awful roll.

Say an enemy hits for 4,000 damage to one person. Instead of that person taking the full hit, if 4 people were playing, each person would take 1,000 damage.

Only really useful ring IMO if you have a big co-op session going. I wouldn't even wear it for 2 people.

Jumped up to T5 last night, struggling a bit. I think the Gyrfalcon build just might not be good enough for end-game, maybe T1-T4, or possibly T5 with better rolls than me. I'll post my build and stats later, might be time to go hunting for Fate of the Fell I think it's called. I have one in storage, but awful roll.

guess that only works if the other players in your team arent all dogshit right? otherwise you will be taking damage for no reason?

Audioboxer

guess that only works if the other players in your team arent all dogshit right? otherwise you will be taking damage for no reason?

If everyone is wearing the ring damage will be spread regardless of what's going on on-screen. I guess having weaker players could lead to some trouble, but look at it this way, if you're all pretty good on the stats side, any damage being done is being split 1/4 each way. That SHOULD keep everyone alive longer, as opposed to occasionally dropping down a man.

LordAlu

If you get two, equip one on yourself and one on your follower. Then equip a "Follower cannot die item" on them. Permanent 50% damage reduction. At least when you're soloing.

I need to play some more today. Gotta try and find some more Sunwuko pieces for my Monk - my 360k DPS (or 700k with Flying Dragon Proc) needs a boost! :D

im playing a crusader right now. Is there any way to get the Akkhan set pieces? or is it just completely random. I dont see how people can get full sets when im at Paragon 70 and still havent found one piece...are there any guides in how to get these pieces?

Number45

im playing a crusader right now. Is there any way to get the Akkhan set pieces? or is it just completely random. I dont see how people can get full sets when im at Paragon 70 and still havent found one piece...are there any guides in how to get these pieces?
You're not alone, I'm in the same position you are (almost exactly in fact, paragon levels and all). I've played a good amount hoping for a carrot that will keep me interested but up to now nothing at all. :'(

It's killing my enthusiasm to start up the game (love it when I'm playing of course), as I don't see me getting much past T3 without something happening for me. Maybe I should gear up another character.

mr lurtle

They can drop everywhere and can also be obtained via Bloodshards from Kadala as long as you play at least on torment.

HORRORSHØW

i got a lot of my set gear from gambling.

bounties>rifts>gamble. i'll spend all shards on one part till i get it before moving on. i put a lot of time into this game so far tho.

on another note, this thing just dropped for me. didn't even know it was a thing.

ByINIOhCIAEhvYh.jpg

You're not alone, I'm in the same position you are (almost exactly in fact, paragon levels and all). I've played a good amount hoping for a carrot that will keep me interested but up to now nothing at all. :'(

It's killing my enthusiasm to start up the game (love it when I'm playing of course), as I don't see me getting much past T3 without something happening for me. Maybe I should gear up another character.

agreed mate.

i have a wizard on 70, crusader on 70, DH on 65, Monk and Witchdoctor on about 20 ea.

Cant really farm for good gear until they make it worth my while and increase the drop rate. also, the prices for gems are just outrageous, but i heard both those things will be sorted in the next patch.

Number45

Yeah, at the very least I should be able to max out my gem slots with 2.1 and get an RoRG - although that in itself is largely useless without some decent set items.

Grimløck;131143031 said:
i got a lot of my set gear from gambling.

bounties>rifts>gamble. i'll spend all shards on one part till i get it before moving on. i put a lot of time into this game so far tho.

ive literally put every shard ive had into looking for something like the Fate of Fell or whatever. roll after roll after roll. I have never once received anything which actually increased my damage one bit.

The UR drop rates in Mass Effect were higher than this game.

Audioboxer

If you get two, equip one on yourself and one on your follower. Then equip a "Follower cannot die item" on them. Permanent 50% damage reduction. At least when you're soloing.

I need to play some more today. Gotta try and find some more Sunwuko pieces for my Monk - my 360k DPS (or 700k with Flying Dragon Proc) needs a boost! :D

Did not know they existed! Legendary drops?

Danneee

I'm about to trade Destiny for this as multiplayer FPSes aren't my kind of games even though I try to like them.
It's been a long time since I played a diablo so this will be fun!

HORRORSHØW

ive literally put every shard ive had into looking for something like the Fate of Fell or whatever. roll after roll after roll. I have never once received anything which actually increased my damage one bit.

The UR drop rates in Mass Effect were higher than this game.

yeah, gambling for weapons is a lot tougher because they cost 3x as much as armor pieces. i got lucky with a few of my legendary weapons from kadala, tho.

Duallusion

Does anyone, for the love of RNG, have a Serpent's Sparker wand lying around somewhere in her/his stash? I 'm pretty sure it would elevate me to T4 but the damn thing just doesn't want to drop for me. :(((

Audioboxer

Grimløck;131144213 said:
only dropped as far as i know. i've only had the templar one drop for me. never seen one for the enchantress or scoundrel.

Thanks, fingers crossed for my Templar it will at some point.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Got the DH Marauder boots last night from Kadala. Moved it to an inventory.

Just finished raising a DH to 70 on my main account. Doing clean up to move everything to the main. Game crashes. Boots are gone.

Thanks game.

maomaoIYP

Got the DH Marauder boots last night from Kadala. Moved it to an inventory.

Just finished raising a DH to 70 on my main account. Doing clean up to move everything to the main. Game crashes. Boots are gone.

Thanks game.

Haha, that's nothing. I came back from a one week holiday on Friday with my mailbox filled with items. I opened them all and there were 3 set items amongst other legendaries. My 360 hangs when I open the last item. When I restart my 360 everything is gone.

Finally finished the main game yesterday. Chapter V was long compared to chapter IV. Act 5 was kicking my but on expert till I got a game changing legendary that upped my DPS from 500 to 1500. Anyways I finished at lvl 64, should I wait to start Adventure mode till I'm lvl 70 or just start adventure mode now?

Laconic

Banned
agreed mate.

i have a wizard on 70, crusader on 70, DH on 65, Monk and Witchdoctor on about 20 ea.

Cant really farm for good gear until they make it worth my while and increase the drop rate. also, the prices for gems are just outrageous, but i heard both those things will be sorted in the next patch.

I really does seem like the drop rates have bottomed out of late.

If I knock the difficulty down to T5, I am lucky to see even one Leg pop up during a full clear + all the way to the way back obelisk.

nikos

Quick question, does the drop rate for legendaries increase with each Torment level? For instance, will more legendaries drop in T3 than T1?

mstevens

I would gladly take the gloves if you are on PS4 as they are the last piece I'm missing. I have a spare Akkhan helm and shoulders.
PSN ID: dmnk

Hey if you have nothing to do with those, those are the two pieces I'm missing... I would glaaaadly take either or both off your hands :)

My psn is mcstevens88 if you're feeling like being my savior haha

Laconic

Banned
Quick question, does the drop rate for legendaries increase with each Torment level? For instance, will more legendaries drop in T3 than T1?

The odds increase, yes.

Considerably, anymore.

I won't play anything under T5 due to this, and I'm seriously considering going exclusively T6, once I roll CD onto my new amulet.

Raptor

Man Crusader is pure isnanity god damn and Im only 3000+ dps, I pretty much anihilate everything on Expert lols, I know is only Expert but I struggled with the Monk on this level tho, I put 2 great white gems on the armor for time reduction and pretty much can blind and have hammers flying all the damn time is awesome.

Audioboxer

Man Crusader is pure isnanity god damn and Im only 3000+ dps, I pretty much anihilate everything on Expert lols, I know is only Expert but I struggled with the Monk on this level tho, I put 2 great white gems on the armor for time reduction and pretty much can blind and have hammers flying all the damn time is awesome.

Crusader is quite the tank, but torment awaits you :p

Laconic

Banned

Just wait until you get a properly geared one.

The most exciting part will be activating Horse to clear gaps in mobs.

Audioboxer

Just wait until you get a properly geared one.

The most exciting part will be activating Horse to clear gaps in mobs.

Can you share your build/gear? I'm looking to move away from my blessed shield build for T5 as I'm struggling a little (the 0 wrath cost and 6 splitting shield is amazing, but I'm going to get more DPS/health/armour with a 2h). I think most Crusaders move onto getting FotF?

THEF3AR

It seems to me that number of players makes a bigger difference than difficulty level. Play in a full game to get more drops.

I agree X 10000000. By myself I will be lucky to get a drop, but when I'm in a party all you hear is your party mates saying they are getting greens and oranges.

I love this game on PS4, but it's getting on my nerves that most every time I try to join a higher tier Torment quick game most of the people I come across are using hacked items. That crap is really putting a damper on my enjoyment of the game. Blizzard needs to think of some way to block hacked items from being usable once offline characters come online.

Laconic

Banned
Can you share your build/gear? I'm looking to move away from my blessed shield build for T5 as I'm struggling a little (the 0 wrath cost and 6 splitting shield is amazing, but I'm going to get more DPS/health/armour with a 2h). I think most Crusaders move onto getting FotF?

For anyone wondering about my Crusader's gear, here ya go - (Akarat's Champion is active for stats)

Also, Deathjr, the helmet is Hellscape Mask, and the armor is Doom Armor.

build - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/crusader#lYdVfQ!aWSe!cbYYYY

Drotahorror listed his gear, above. His is better than mine - nearly ideal.

Shotgun melts everything. Ev-er-y-thing.

benjammin

Just as I was starting to get fed up with loot farming, the game sticks its hooks back in me. I spent close to 3k shards trying to get akkhan gloves. Finally get them and then get akkhan pants with 2 sockets on my second roll immediately after. Only the chest and shoulders to go. And a rrog of course. I've been farming for one for weeks and I've yet to even see one, let alone one with different stats. The grind continues!

Audioboxer

Drotahorror listed his gear, above. His is better than mine - nearly ideal.

Shotgun melts everything. Ev-er-y-thing.

This is the only Fate of Fell I have,

nhk1tYu.jpg

To at least attempt the build (my gear is the same as Drotahorror minus shield, and some weaker rolls) should I sacrifice vitality or speed for a slot?

The increase in 6% attack speed to DPS doesn't seem worth it to lose that vitality bump which may help until I get a better rolled Fate of Fell IMO.

My shield is actually decent, allows shield glare to blind all enemies around me, which in return would help with wrath regeneration. Has like 29% block as well.

My third wolf is brain dead. Looks like blizzard hasn't patched that on the console version yet... I think I'm going to go back to the PC version until some of the little quirks get patched. I'm getting more and more annoyed the more I play.

Top Bottom