• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Console is superior to play on, but PC will always be superior overall given it's clear all patches will come to it first, some with exclusive features and we have no idea how long we need to wait on console.

Is cheating not handled better on PC as well, or is it just as bad? I'm not talking some duping of legit items, full on hacked items and such.

Good to know!

I was just speaking personally, the extra wait or the duping/hacking doesn't concern me. I've heard they were aiming for roughly a month's lead time PC > Console with patches, not sure if that's still accurate.

Laconic

Banned
Has anyone got a Fire%, CC, Str ammy with a fourth main stat that I could roll off into CD?

I'm getting tired of coming up empty trying to get one.

Does anyone have spare Eyes of Earth or Spires of Earth? I would prefer Spires but will take any of them. If anyone has them please let me know what you want for it. I'm on xbox one.

Burritoad

Bought this on PS4 after putting in over 400 hours in to the PC version and all I can say is wow, this game feels so good on a controller. Started a new crusader and I am having a blast, the menus took some time to get used to but being able to equip and turn items to junk without having to open the inventory screen is great. I can't wait for 2.1 to drop so I can do Greater Rifts and goblin rifts, still haven't seen one on the PC yet :(. Feel free to add me, just doing bounties until I hit level 70.

PSN: Burritoad

Has anyone got a Fire%, CC, Str ammy with a fourth main stat that I could roll off into CD?

I'm getting tired of coming up empty trying to get one.

Pretty sure I have a spare Haunt of Vaxos in the stash of you're on ps4.

psn Fivesix4three

(if you had a spare cindercoat lying about that would be awesome)

bobawesome

If you're the kind of host who just exits a game randomly after a rift has been cleared I have some strong words for you. I'll never know what that mysterious legendary flail was, now.

Svafnir

That's me. I put about 150 hours into PC diablo (before RoS and AH removal) and now I've gone to the PS4 version. Thanks to local play (online not required), local multiplayer, the Nemesis system, and the mail system I'm pretty sure the current gen console version I feel like Diablo: UEE is definitive version of D3.

The only thing is that it is missing a lot of content. Sure the console will get greater rifts and legendary gems, but console is never getting seasons and the online is full of hacked items because of allowing off line characters to go online. If they are doing leaderboard for the console version of greater rifts.. They are worthless due to the hacked items.

It's a great version, but not the definitive version at all. You also mention you didn't play RoS on the PC. So your view on that version is a bit biased, original D3 is no where as good as it is now.

I seem to have hit a wall. I can't seem to get my DPS above 500k for the life of me. I have four pieces of the AK set for my crusader and what seems like a decent weapon and shield.

Gets frustrating sometimes but man is the grind fun.

Svafnir

What are Seasons anyway? I assume it's not referring to weather patterns. Is it some kind of tournament or something?

It's a reset of the game. Everyone who wants to play in it starts over and competes in a new mode completing challenges and also trying to get the top spot on certain leaderboards. There are exclusive items that only drop in a season and once the season is over, everything you did, items, gold, characters, paragon etc is added to your normal account. Then a new season starts with new items and challenges. Repeat every 2-3 months.

It's a reset of the game. Everyone who wants to play in it starts over and competes in a new mode completing challenges and also trying to get the top spot on certain leaderboards. There are exclusive items that only drop in a season and once the season is over, everything you did, items, gold, characters, paragon etc is added to your normal account. Then a new season starts with new items and challenges. Repeat every 2-3 months.
That sounds kinda cool. Why isn't it coming to consoles? I know the lack of always-online allows cheating, but the players all start with nothing anyway, right? Seems they could just require you to be online while participating in the turney, since you can't bring your hacked items with you anyway. What am I missing?

Ogawa-san

Honestly, consoles aren't missing much by not having seasons and possibly leaderboards. It's the cheesefest you'd expect; 2~3 broken specs making the top, played by people that can/want to put far more hours into the game than you.

If you don't care about best times and whatnot, what's there for you is just a handful of temporarily exclusive legendaries that are kinda interesting but most probably not better than what you have. And they'll make into the "regular game" once the season ends anyway.

I got really bored and someone sent me like 3 hacked weapons so I played around with them for a while. Pretty funny but ultimately pretty boring and kind of ruins it. I'm just losing my patience with the rng. Haven't gotten an akkahn piece in like 329847298 hours of grinding. I guess I'll go back to playing normal.

Guess I'll keep trying...for a bit. Meanwhile I've salvaged like 100 RRoG. I get those like candy. (I do act 1 bounty then rift then bounty then rift).

subwilde

Wow was giving my buddy a bunch of equipment including some set pieces and and SoJ for a 70 wizard and the game crashes causing the stuff to be lost in limbo and cannot be recovered :(

Svafnir

I got really bored and someone sent me like 3 hacked weapons so I played around with them for a while. Pretty funny but ultimately pretty boring and kind of ruins it. I'm just losing my patience with the rng. Haven't gotten an akkahn piece in like 329847298 hours of grinding. I guess I'll go back to playing normal.

Guess I'll keep trying...for a bit. Meanwhile I've salvaged like 100 RRoG. I get those like candy. (I do act 1 bounty then rift then bounty then rift).

Playing normal or on normal difficulty? Set pieces only drop torment 1 +

Playing normal or on normal difficulty? Set pieces only drop torment 1 +
I just mean not cheating haha, as in playing the game normally.

I just run T4 mostly since I can do it quickly without dying. It's funny, right after I posted that I got the breastplate. If anyone has the gloves/boots LETS DO IT. Will trade for whatever random you might want.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Clocked over 1000 hours in the PC versions of D3, plus probably the same amount across D1 and D2. I'm a firm believer that the console version is superior now though. The belief that "Diablo is a PC game" that I've held for the last decade is over.
And not a single hour played with me. ;__;

Monk and Cruzader at Level 70. Trying the Demon Hunter now.
Paragon Level 5

HF2014

Clocked over 1000 hours in the PC versions of D3, plus probably the same amount across D1 and D2. I'm a firm believer that the console version is superior now though. The belief that "Diablo is a PC game" that I've held for the last decade is over.

Agree, It totally rock. I wonder after that how i will go back to the PC version. Amazing visual, the monster density of the pc, loot system and soon the 2.1 patch and all upcoming patch confirmed to be release at the same time of the pc version. I got a PS4 friday, and havent stop playing. My Barbarian is lvl 66 hehe.

It just feel right playing that game with a controller.

HF2014

The only thing is that it is missing a lot of content. Sure the console will get greater rifts and legendary gems, but console is never getting seasons and the online is full of hacked items because of allowing off line characters to go online. If they are doing leaderboard for the console version of greater rifts.. They are worthless due to the hacked items.

It's a great version, but not the definitive version at all. You also mention you didn't play RoS on the PC. So your view on that version is a bit biased, original D3 is no where as good as it is now.

Well iv clock many days of gameplay with the PC version, and even if there is no seasons, the extra they add in it make it even if not better. Played RoS a lot, played with the 2.1 patch, and i just love it more than the pc version.

Laconic

Banned
I just mean not cheating haha, as in playing the game normally.

I just run T4 mostly since I can do it quickly without dying. It's funny, right after I posted that I got the breastplate. If anyone has the gloves/boots LETS DO IT. Will trade for whatever random you might want.

I have some spare gloves.

Want?

PSN: gankedemstyle

I have some spare gloves.

Want?

PSN: gankedemstyle
mmmm doooo want if you need anything I might have let me know. Adding you now.

edit: thanks a lot! Didn't think I'd ever get the boots after all my grinding. Gloves are a decent enough roll too if I can get some crit damage on that through enchanting. Thanks again!

JCizzle

I've been a Diablo, Diablo 2, Diablo 3 PC player my whole life... is there anyone who played the PC version, yet switched over to PS4? Just curious... chilling on the couch playing D3 sounds very enticing vs. a computer chair. Heh.

Yes. It's the better version IMO. Easy couch play, remote play, controller is better (IMO), etc. Only downside is the hacks - if that will bother you, don't buy it.

ZenaxPure

That sounds kinda cool. Why isn't it coming to consoles? I know the lack of always-online allows cheating, but the players all start with nothing anyway, right? Seems they could just require you to be online while participating in the turney, since you can't bring your hacked items with you anyway. What am I missing?

Probably the biggest reason is that it is meant to be a competitive thing. There are leaderboards for achievement points (which in the console version is the challenges), Greater Rifts, and every single conquest (special season only achievements that are more challenging to get, but, frankly only 1 of them in the first season is really hard to get). It's not as simple as just flipping a switch. There are no D3 servers you are hitting up every time you log on like the PC version (the moment you get into the game it begins logging you in and connecting you to the server). They would have to setup servers for people to play on, which they might not be willing to do for a variety of reasons.

Frankly the most unfortunate part about this is that in a blue post from a few days ago Blizz said that the console version won't be getting seasonal items at all. That sounds pretty shitty, honestly I figured they would just add them once the PC season was over and the next content patch came to the console version, but, I guess those will be infrequent enough they don't want to bother. That doesn't mean much right now since there are only 2 amazing items in the first season, but, as time goes on it will just add up. If the console version really never gets any of those items... That sucks.

Laconic

Banned
No problem! I used that one for a bit while going through T1 until I found a better one. Lucky for you I never enchanted it. :D

It's still awesome for me!

I have been rocking a yellow ammy with 500-ish Str, 10 CC, 93 CD, and 6% IAS for the longest time.

Nothing with three of the four stats I need ever dropped.

Once I roll CD onto it, I shall be very close to auto-piloting T6.

This ought to get my times down to the 5 minute mark.

HORRORSHØW

ByHI4McCMAA_teo.jpg

maomaoIYP

Just 2 more achievements left. I can't bring myself to put this down to play Destiny (which is really boring in comparison).
Still loving my Wizard main, at roughly 750k DPS, 50% critical chance. I have a Thunderseeker, but still don't have any awesome set armor pieces. Was struggling on Torment 2 until I completely overhauled my build to a cold focused one and now I have no problems at all.

HORRORSHØW

Just 2 more achievements left. I can't bring myself to put this down to play Destiny (which is really boring in comparison).
Still loving my Wizard main, at roughly 750k DPS, 50% critical chance. I have a Thunderseeker, but still don't have any awesome set armor pieces. Was struggling on Torment 2 until I completely overhauled my build to a cold focused one and now I have no problems at all.

are you on psn? i have extra set pieces in my stash if you need 'em.

I think im ready to finish up with Diablo. The game is fantastic, however i have been playing non stop with little reward.

- Still no RoRG
- jewels cost WAY too much to make.
- i cant stand the enchanting system - there was one time where i was trying to change Vitality into either a slot or critical hit chance, it gave me 3 x rolls of different vitality. If you are rolling that to change, then it should be removed from the options. The fact that it costs a forgotten soul + a load of cash to change just isnt fun
- i havent received any legendary drops which will allow me to go past T2. Ie. RORG, Fate of the Fell, the wizard staff which allows two Hydras, any Akkhan sets or anything.
- ive gambled all my shards...not one legendary or set piece

so basically, im playing bounties to get a RORG - nothing. I then play Rifts on T1 to get legendaries..i get shit. Then im wasting money enchanting and making jewels.

If these things can be fixed then it would be worth it....but if the loot just isnt dropping then there is nothing i can really do.

ZenaxPure

- i havent received any legendary drops which will allow me to go past T2. Ie. RORG, Fate of the Fell, the wizard staff which allows two Hydras, any Akkhan sets or anything.

You need a new build then. Pretty much any half decent build from any class can take you up to at least T4 as long as you just have gear with the appropriate stats. All the items you mention are pretty much things that exclusively take you to T6+. You should be looking at other items until then. Don't focus so much on T6 builds and gear until you can at least get T4 down.

Trashbat

Bought this on PS4 after putting in over 400 hours in to the PC version and all I can say is wow, this game feels so good on a controller. Started a new crusader and I am having a blast, the menus took some time to get used to but being able to equip and turn items to junk without having to open the inventory screen is great. I can't wait for 2.1 to drop so I can do Greater Rifts and goblin rifts, still haven't seen one on the PC yet :(. Feel free to add me, just doing bounties until I hit level 70.

PSN: Burritoad

Sorry to sound think here - but how'd you do that. Though yuo always had to open inventory??

Number45

Sorry to sound think here - but how'd you do that. Though yuo always had to open inventory??

Up on the d-pad cycles through recently picked up items with options to equip/junk etc. Clear trash I just hit up then square, then vendor/salvage as necessary when I get back to town.

Calcium

Banned
I've been having an internal struggle about whether or not to get this game the last few days. I love the Diablo series and I've put well over 500 hours into the PC version since launch. The idea of playing it on a console sounds like a blast, but I have the feeling that I'd just be trying to recreate the characters (gear wise) I already have. Anyone else that felt the same way and ended up enjoying the transition?

Trashbat

Mine too!
wtf, this game really needs a manual. Even with the wiki lots of things still don't make sense, if I didn't already know about how every hit is like a roll of multiple dice based on core stats, I wouldn't have a clue how things worked.

Couldn't agree more. While this is an absoutley fantastic game, there's no excuse for expecting players to go and look things up on a wiki. For example, I still don't know what the '++' stat is (the one next to the attack and defense symbols on char screen). I think it has something to do with regeneration but it's really not explained at all, even in the expanded char info. Also, I'd love to see some more info on how different spell/rune/whatever configurations affect damage

You need a new build then. Pretty much any half decent build from any class can take you up to at least T4 as long as you just have gear with the appropriate stats. All the items you mention are pretty much things that exclusively take you to T6+. You should be looking at other items until then. Don't focus so much on T6 builds and gear until you can at least get T4 down.

i dont have the appropriate gear. My best character is my Wizard who is on 750K DPS. in order to really up my armour/damage i need a RORG and some armour sets. Im just not getting them. The staff with 2 x Hydras would help too but i have no idea how to get them.

Ive farmed Act 1 bounties for so man damn hours and not a single thing yet. It's just boring and does nothing for me. I know its randomised but i see a guy say hes "trashed 100 RoRGs" when i have not got even 1, it just makes me want to not keep playing.

Im going to keep shifting my characters i guess until i get them all to 70 then hopefully 2.1 hits and they increase the drop rate or something.

tricho

Come on Kadala + LootGod. Still no luck on the Gyrfalcons Foote. Someone got a spare one? Will trade for my firstborn + a coke light.

BTW: Is there a way to see how many bloodshards you've earned?

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
And not a single hour played with me. ;__;

Monk and Cruzader at Level 70. Trying the Demon Hunter now.
Paragon Level 5
Timezones! :(

Mine too!
wtf, this game really needs a manual. Even with the wiki lots of things still don't make sense, if I didn't already know about how every hit is like a roll of multiple dice based on core stats, I wouldn't have a clue how things worked.
The ingame tutorial introduces you to this mechanic and tons more as you play...

i have 3 or 4 left. need to finish 200 more bounties, ugh.

ZenaxPure

i dont have the appropriate gear. My best character is my Wizard who is on 750K DPS. in order to really up my armour/damage i need a RORG and some armour sets. Im just not getting them. The staff with 2 x Hydras would help too but i have no idea how to get them.

That's my point though. Those things aren't going to increase your damage. Those things are going to leave your general stats the same or in a lot of cases lower (your sheet damage ALWAYS goes down when you equip a RoRG because the stats are always shit). This is my seasonal Wizard right now. My sheet damage is only 250k (substantially lower than yours) and I can do Torment 2 no problem. The only difference in gear is the Leoric's Crown (as that is not attainable on console yet). If you can only do T1 with the stats you listed then it means you need to fix your build. Close to a million sheet damage should not be stuck on Torment 1.

More to the original point though, the items you are striving for are not items that are going to push you into Torment 3 or 4, those are the items that are going to push you into Torment 6 and beyond (in 2.1). Right now you should simply be trying to get really good rolls on your gear and find a build that is strong without a reliance on legendary items such as the wand that gives 2 hydras.

Top Bottom