• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

All I need is a good weapon for my crusader, a better second ring, and MAYBE a better roll on a shield and my crusader will officially be completel.

Espada

I got this game a few days ago and it's amazing. It's my first Diablo game, so I was a bit unsure what I was getting into until I was sold on it from impressions here + trying the demo.

They did a really good job diversifying the classes. The character I used to finish the campaign, Monk, is way different from the others. It's making it hard to resist replaying the game with new characters.

All I need is a good weapon for my crusader, a better second ring, and MAYBE a better roll on a shield and my crusader will officially be completel.

Same. I need a better roll on my weapon and shield and good roll a Unity ring for me and my Templar. I'm almost ok running T5 solo, but I need better damage output.

I finally buyed the game it was on offer and it was and impulse buy, i bought the vanilla game and the expansion and right now i´m playing a crusader on expert and i died like once, can´t wait to finish to unlock the higher difficulties and start to play co-op, im on PC

Audioboxer

This is the only Fate of Fell I have,

nhk1tYu.jpg

To at least attempt the build (my gear is the same as Drotahorror minus shield, and some weaker rolls) should I sacrifice vitality or speed for a slot?

The increase in 6% attack speed to DPS doesn't seem worth it to lose that vitality bump which may help until I get a better rolled Fate of Fell IMO.

My shield is actually decent, allows shield glare to blind all enemies around me, which in return would help with wrath regeneration. Has like 29% block as well.

Tried the shotgun build with my setup and was struggling for wrath. Maybe I've just been spoiled with not needing to care about wrath I'm badly managing it lol. It is powerful though. Think I'll just revert and wait until I get some better drops. My previous weapon/shield also had 6% cooldown each.

xclk07

Are there any guides/tips for goals of leveling up for each individual Torment level? Finally got to level 70 and a dozen paragon levels, but don't know what I should focus on in terms of gear & re-rolls (as a crusader) trying to properly get through each Torment level step by step.

There are tons of great builds and discussion around T6, but as someone else said in this thread: one shouldn't be looking for that equipment right at the beginning- one needs to get appropriate gear for each Torment level to progress, otherwise you can hit a wall and farm for one item for days/weeks on T2 (with much lower drop rates than on T5).

Thanks all!

turnbuckle

Having a hard time making any kind of progress in Torment. Sticking with Master right now but it feels like such a waste. My gear is almost all (or all) junk. I sure do miss my old barbarian on the PC version :p

Is there a consensus on what the best wrath generator is? I switch between punish and sweep. I'm using a 1 hander with a shield right now if that makes any difference.

Having a hard time making any kind of progress in Torment. Sticking with Master right now but it feels like such a waste. My gear is almost all (or all) junk. I sure do miss my old barbarian on the PC version :p

Is there a consensus on what the best wrath generator is? I switch between punish and sweep. I'm using a 1 hander with a shield right now if that makes any difference.
Enchant your equipment to add slots for gems and put some on it. That will help until you find better stuff.
Crusaders should be using 2 handed weapons mostly as well.

Argh... Stupid me. I was wondering why I got champions spawning every time I used a shrine... I thought it it was an expert difficult thing but no, I equipped legendary wrists without reading beyond the dexterity bonus I got with it: the nemesis bracers. And, yes, "shrines will spawn an ennemy champion". Duh...

Argh... Stupid me. I was wondering why I got champions spawning every time I used a shrine... I thought it it was an expert difficult thing but no, I equipped legendary wrists without reading beyond the dexterity bonus I got with it: the nemesis bracers. And, yes, "shrines will spawn an ennemy champion". Duh...
More chances for good loot to drop!

Brawl96

Cool. Now that I've beaten the main campaign, can someone tell me how to play the Playstation exclusive dungeons and how to get the exclusive transmogs?

oh man, I think I need a vacation from Diablo for a little bit. This game is like crack, but I think I'm starting to get a little burnt out on it. The grind never ends.

Carpo

Neo Member
What are people using as their main legendary gems? I'm using on my crusader the bane powerful? (increased damage to elites and from killing elites) and the smite one but not sure which one to put in my amulet.

Also finally had my first goblin portal yesterday so i got the hoarder gem too :)

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
What are people using as their main legendary gems? I'm using on my crusader the bane powerful? (increased damage to elites and from killing elites) and the smite one but not sure which one to put in my amulet.

Also finally had my first goblin portal yesterday so i got the hoarder gem too :)
Wrong thread mate. :p
Console doesn't have 2.1 just yet.

Dirtdog07

Neo Member
Decided to start up a Barb as my first hardcore character. Got greedy with the difficulty and died at 68. Any recommendations for fast leveling?

Raptor

Decided to start up a Barb as my first hardcore character. Got greedy with the difficulty and died at 68. Any recommendations for fast leveling?

Jesus Christ at 68?

I would have thrown the damn controller lol.

Also that damn Female WD are almost nude at the start lol.

She is hot....lols.

drotahorror

Tried the shotgun build with my setup and was struggling for wrath. Maybe I've just been spoiled with not needing to care about wrath I'm badly managing it lol. It is powerful though. Think I'll just revert and wait until I get some better drops. My previous weapon/shield also had 6% cooldown each.

I was under the impression you didn't have the hellskull shield though? It's necessary for holy shotgun.

That build is just so gear dependent. You HAVE to have 50%ish cool down reduction. I guess other things are luxuries but having around 80% holy dmg, and 45% heavenly fire is pretty big.

I dunno I'm bored with Crusader, been playin a Leapquake barb, so much more fun.

Duxxy3

Playing an unhealthy amount lately (trying to get thunderfury on my monk (i never got it in wow)) and I keep sending the majority of the last 30 or so gifts to one person (who is addicted to destiny).

Duxxy on xbox one. Just a solo player though. 91 paragon monk.

edit: holy shit, just got a stone of jordan

HORRORSHØW

playing with helscream is my lucky rabbit's foot. 2 2-handed flails dropped (along with a bunch of other stuff), and gambled a sweet sword. and shotgun build is dullsville; having much more fun with a fire-chain maximus build and a "leapquake" build using cam's rebuttal.

ByMgc9wCUAEdpI0.jpg

ByMgijWCYAE1Wje.jpg

drotahorror

Grimløck;131279738 said:
playing with helscream is my lucky rabbit's foot. 2 2-handed flails dropped (along with a bunch of other stuff), and gambled a sweet sword. and shotgun build is dullsville; having much more fun with a fire-chain maximus build and a "leapquake" build using cam's rebuttal.

A leapquake crusader build?

HORRORSHØW

A leapquake crusader build?

lol not as devastating as the barbarian version, but using cam's rebuttal and with enough cdr you can make a crusader variant. it's pretty niche, and not as strong as shotgun/fire starter, but it's okay if you're burnt out on the usual crusader builds. i'm just using it 'cause i gambled the sword and was looking for a different playstyle.

maomaoIYP

Grimløck;131285099 said:
lol not as devastating as the barbarian version, but using cam's rebuttal and with enough cdr you can make a crusader variant. it's pretty niche, and not as strong as shotgun/fire starter, but it's okay if you're burnt out on the usual crusader builds. i'm just using it 'cause i gambled the sword and was looking for a different playstyle.

Do you get better drops by gambling at higher difficulties? You seem to get a lot of legendaries via gambling.

HORRORSHØW

Do you get better drops by gambling at higher difficulties? You seem to get a lot of legendaries via gambling.
nah. the difficulty doesn't matter when gambling. you do get more bloodshards at higher torments, tho. the reason i went back to my crusader was to try and get this sword. in the past week i must've gambled ~10k bloodshards. got a fate of the fell and other weapons in the process before i finally got it tonight.

ashylarry

Just created a new character and can't wait till I finally reach lvl 70. Is anyone playing on high torment and willing to let me run through adventure mode. I have a few akkhan pieces to make the decision easier :)

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
What's the average shard per legendary on Kadala? Haven't gotten a single one as yet, but only spent maybe 1000 shards so far.

While it doesn't work like that, on a feel maybe once every 4-500 shards for me.

Keep in mind that Kadala is included into the universal leg drop frequency that's in play in all you do in Diablo. You're in theory more likely to get Kadala drops if you haven't had a leg drop out in the world for quite some time.
(And then you factor in RNG which makes all of this highly unpredictable)

Number45

What's the average shard per legendary on Kadala? Haven't gotten a single one as yet, but only spent maybe 1000 shards so far.
Never had a single legendary or set item, or rare that I haven't instantly junked. Probably a couple of thousand shards total.

She's clearly in league with the cryptarch.

Is there anyway to reset a bounty? Had one last night that was kill all the enemies in a dungeon, but was left with one left. After several passes I left. I'm guessing the only way to fix this is to start a new adventure mode game.

ZenaxPure

Is there anyway to reset a bounty? Had one last night that was kill all the enemies in a dungeon, but was left with one left. After several passes I left. I'm guessing the only way to fix this is to start a new adventure mode game.

Was it Scavenger's Den? There is a unique mob there that is a worm. He is annoying as shit to find sometimes.

But nah, there isn't anyway to reset a specific bounty. Have to leave the game and remake it.

turnbuckle

Enchant your equipment to add slots for gems and put some on it. That will help until you find better stuff.
Crusaders should be using 2 handed weapons mostly as well.

I was reading that about 2-handers. I just haven't been able to find one good enough yet to replace my 1-hander. I keep hoping!

One thing I really dislike on the console version over the PC version is not being able to get a more accurate read on the damage difference between two pieces of gear. The arrows aren't nearly as helpful as seeing what the supposed raw number difference is.

Which brings me to a question I had while enchanting last night -
Is there a way to tell the damage/stat difference on enchants before accepting them?

My amulet:
Goodish damage roll
+attack speed
+crit chance
+physical skill damage

Not caring about the attack speed I re-rolled hoping to get crit damage. But before I did I got an enchantment for +600ish strength. Although I'm sure the crit damage I eventually rolled (+95%) is better than the strength I rolled I can't be sure by how much. Feels like a lot of guessing.

Laconic

Banned
I was reading that about 2-handers. I just haven't been able to find one good enough yet to replace my 1-hander. I keep hoping!

One thing I really dislike on the console version over the PC version is not being able to get a more accurate read on the damage difference between two pieces of gear. The arrows aren't nearly as helpful as seeing what the supposed raw number difference is.

Which brings me to a question I had while enchanting last night -
Is there a way to tell the damage/stat difference on enchants before accepting them?

My amulet:
Goodish damage roll
+attack speed
+crit chance
+physical skill damage

Not caring about the attack speed I re-rolled hoping to get crit damage. But before I did I got an enchantment for +600ish strength. Although I'm sure the crit damage I eventually rolled (+95%) is better than the strength I rolled I can't be sure by how much. Feels like a lot of guessing.

For amulets you want:

Main Stat
CD
CC
Elemental Damage

Exchange one of those for CR, if your build demands it.

Raptor

Crusader Level 56 doing Torment 2 with ease, only have like 85k dps.

I must be doing something rigth or crusader is straight up OP because I only die when those enemies explode and I can't get away fast enough lols.

Was it Scavenger's Den? There is a unique mob there that is a worm. He is annoying as shit to find sometimes.

But nah, there isn't anyway to reset a specific bounty. Have to leave the game and remake it.

Off the top I don't know. Act 2 - clear lvl 2 of a dungeon, it was a small area and there wasn't anyone left to kill.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
When does 2.1 come out for PS4.Isn't it quite some time we wait now?
Unofficially, 1 month's lead time on patches, give or take a few weeks. Note though that the "launch window period" (eg. some weeks) is not counted in this time frame, or so I've heard from.. places.

Bairds

Neo Member
If anyone was waiting for a price-drop or sale for Diablo 3 before hopping in on PS4, if you have a Fred Meyer (probably only people in the Pacific Northwest) it's on sale right now for $41.99. I about shit my britches and triple-checked to make sure it was the PS4 version. Sure enough, it was.

Top Bottom