• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

hookurs

Just opened my PS4 copy.

Can someone explain the save system please. I searched for the Chancellor's Altar in the graveyard, returned to town, saved, ate supper, came back and now none of the areas (the fog of war) have been saved. I have my checkpoints, but the areas I've already visited are black again!!

Is this a completionists nightmare??

AEREC

Just opened my PS4 copy.

Can someone explain the save system please. I searched for the Chancellor's Altar in the graveyard, returned to town, saved, ate supper, came back and now none of the areas (the fog of war) have been saved. I have my checkpoints, but the areas I've already visited are black again!!

They are randomly generated each time u start the game.

It only saves character and quest progress.

Just opened my PS4 copy.

if you leve the game the levels are Randomly generated. only saves checkpoints if you get to them. but those too, are in random locales

Voidance

Just opened my PS4 copy.

It regenerates the map, terrain, etc. every game so no two layouts are 100% the same (in theory).

So yeah, folks who hate foggy maps will have their work cut out here, but it's not the point of the game.

gioGAF

Well, the hunt continues for better loot. Like I said earlier, 90% of my friend base ditched me on Diablo, they are all on Destiny. So if any of you are interested in doing some co-op, my PSN = Akuma_818

I'm a straight up min/maxer and have spent most of my time trying to gear up a Demon Hunter / Witch Doctor / Crusader.

Demon Hunter:
I'm currently trying to get a better weapon (ideally a "good" Calamity or Kridershot, but given the drop rates on those, it will probably never happen).

Witch Doctor:
Finally completed Jade Harvester, but my Quetz is a little crappy.

Crusader:
Running Fire build. Wanted to go one-handed for Fervor but have not found a decent one-hander (Darklight and Swiftmount, I'm looking at you!). Since I have a decent Maximus+Hellskull, I'm rolling with a two-handed weapon Fist of Heavens build. Damn Strength Cindercoat keeps eluding me. Crusader Cindercoats = 0, Witch Doctor Cindercoats = 4!!!

Always looking for better amulets (Elemental %, STAT, ChC, ChD). Finally got a Xephirian Amulet, and it rolled like garbage (this game can be INFURIATING).

Anyway, if any of you are on the same boat and would like to clear rifts (T6 ideally) in search of better gear, or are looking to trade gear (or flat out give me gear ;-)
Feel free to send me a friend request (mention that you are from GAF).

hookurs

Ahh thanks folks, instead of obsessing over the world, I guess I'll obsess over my character.

I can't help but wonder what kind of randomly generated loot and chests and shrines and all that good stuff will be created again though. Is everyone just ignoring what they've plowed through and moving onwards?

Laconic

Banned
Okay, holy shit.

On a whim, and since I just got a couple of minor upgrade to defense and CC, I decided to drop War Cry and Frenzy, due to diminishing returns, and equip a couple of other skill onto my Fire Leapquake Barb.

I added Ancients, since it seemed a no brainer, but, my god, what difference the other skill made, in tandem with my Strong Arm Bracers, and the Toppling Impact Leap rune, and the Earthquake Cave-In rune.

Seismic Slam: Shattered Ground utterly RUINS enemies' shit... 50+ million a crit, easily. With my Leaps generating Wrath, I always have plenty to dump into Slams. it is like a hot knife through demonic butter.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Yeah, Slam works with Leapquake well. I have a coldquake barb with a Sun Keeper and Aughild's. The freeze lasts a long, long time, and elites eat visibly more damage from Slams than trash. It's pretty incredible.
I can't help but wonder what kind of randomly generated loot and chests and shrines and all that good stuff will be created again though. Is everyone just ignoring what they've plowed through and moving onwards?
Play the game on your terms, but you should know that it's structured to keep you perpetually moving to your next target with monsters to kill as you do so. Backtracking through emptiness isn't ideal, but it's up to you if you care about filling out the map and such.

Laconic

Banned
Yeah, Slam works with Leapquake well. I have a coldquake barb with a Sun Keeper and Aughild's. The freeze lasts a long, long time, and elites eat visibly more damage from Slams than trash. It's pretty incredible.

Play the game on your terms, but you should know that it's structured to keep you perpetually moving to your next target with monsters to kill as you do so. Backtracking through emptiness isn't ideal, but it's up to you if you care about filling out the map and such.

You run Cold?

I have the gear for it, I think, but it is so much slower than Fire, it isn't even funny.

What's your gear look like when running that build?

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Cold has some of the best CC I've seen in the game, maybe best overall (I'd have to test more with my lighting Wiz specifically with a Wyrdward equipped, also Lightning Vacuum Monk with Wyrdward might be cute), and as I always play in groups I'm more concerned with ensuring that I provide CC if I'm not the primary damage dealer (and considering the people I usually play with are the posters Helscream and quest, that means I'm not).

Gear... Sun Keeper, Azurewrath, Augild's chest and bracer, Earth legs shoulders hat, Lut's, IK gloves, belt - I can still get away with using a vanilla Pride of Cassius, otherwise I have a good IK defense belt for that, plain yellow amulet (14% cold str cc cd), RORG, plain yellow ring (+att str cc cd). Sheet damage is 900K (950K?) plain and can get up to 1300K once all buffs are maxed. I've seen some 50M+ slams come out.

Laconic

Banned
Cold has some of the best CC I've seen in the game, maybe best overall (I'd have to test more with my lighting Wiz specifically with a Wyrdward equipped, also Lightning Vacuum Monk with Wyrdward might be cute), and as I always play in groups I'm more concerned with ensuring that I provide CC if I'm not the primary damage dealer (and considering the people I usually play with are the posters Helscream and quest, that means I'm not).

Gear... Sun Keeper, Azurewrath, Augild's chest and bracer, Earth legs shoulders hat, Lut's, IK gloves, belt - I can still get away with using a vanilla Pride of Cassius, otherwise I have a good IK defense belt for that, plain yellow amulet (14% cold str cc cd), RORG, plain yellow ring (+att str cc cd). Sheet damage is 900K (950K?) plain and can get up to 1300K once all buffs are maxed. I've seen some 50M+ slams come out.

Sweet.

I have 675k sheet damage, unbuffed.

...but I rock 94% Fire, and 68% Elite on top of that.

Raptor

Okay, holy shit.

On a whim, and since I just got a couple of minor upgrade to defense and CC, I decided to drop War Cry and Frenzy, due to diminishing returns, and equip a couple of other skill onto my Fire Leapquake Barb.

I added Ancients, since it seemed a no brainer, but, my god, what difference the other skill made, in tandem with my Strong Arm Bracers, and the Toppling Impact Leap rune, and the Earthquake Cave-In rune.

Seismic Slam: Shattered Ground utterly RUINS enemies' shit... 50+ million a crit, easily. With my Leaps generating Wrath, I always have plenty to dump into Slams. it is like a hot knife through demonic butter.

This sounds like fun, what are your gear and skills?

lol, sorry to ask you a lot but your builds sounds very fun lol.

Laconic

Banned
This sounds like fun, what are your gear and skills?

lol, sorry to ask you a lot but your builds sounds very fun lol.

I run:

The whole Might of the Earth four piece set
Cindercoat
Strongarms (with Fire%)
Harrington's
Haunt of Vaxo (with Fire%)
SoJ (with Fire%)
Unity (lucky CC & CD)

Devastator (rolled them until I got a 20% Fire one)
Sunkeeper (+26% damage to elites)

My main skills now are:

Leap: Toppling Impact
Seismic Slam: Shattered Ground
Whirlwind: Volcanic Eruption
Earthquake: Cave-In (it's there just for the bonus to my leapquakes, really)
WotB: Slaughter or whatever
CotA: Duty or whatever

Ruthless
Earthen Might
Superstition
Boon of Bul Kathos

I have to be on my toes a lot, due to the off-chance of multiple procs underneath me, but otherwise it is solid.

I need to get two of my resistances to the soft caps, still - they are sketching it at 68.7% or so, and I'm very nearly at 80% damage reduction, at 79.5% or so.

...that's gotta be pylon thing. :/

EDIT:

I have 40% CC and 517% CD as well.
If I ever find a Countess Julia's Cameo with a combination of three of the following: Fire%, Strength, CC, and/or CD (or all four, for the Mega Millions win), I shall never, ever remove it.

EDIT EDIT:

I actually only have 575K sheet damage - that was typo.

...and in truth, with the Harrington buff up, I'm now get 175,000,000+ damage. o_O

Nah - that's gotta be a pylon. :p

Yasuraka

Got a crusader sheild drop and a pair of Akkhan feet I dont need. Anyone got anything decent to trade?

Really could do with a better FOTF but not having much luck with drops

Jekangbord.png

Sabs%2520of%2520Akkhan.png

Laconic

Banned
Is anyone mildly irritated that we still cannot stack Blood Shards properly?

I mean, it is one thing to limit us to only 500.

But it is another thing to not let us pick up PART of a pile, to GET us to 500.

I'm tired of guessing how many I have to spend in order to actually pick up a pile on T6, when I've got 400 or so.

subwilde

Trying to trade for some cool Barb gear. I have a few weapons like darklight and maximus with sockets that I don't use. I also have a holy shotgun crusader but I would need a pretty sweet offer for some of that gear ;) jk but it would need to be something cool :) I also have a couple maxed gems which are diamond, ruby, and amethyst IIRC.

dralla

Got a crusader sheild drop and a pair of Akkhan feet I dont need. Anyone got anything decent to trade?

Really could do with a better FOTF but not having much luck with drops

Jekangbord.png

Sabs%2520of%2520Akkhan.png

I could use those Akkhan boots, it's the only piece I'm missing. But I don't really have much to trade, definitely no FOTF. I haven't been finding great stuff lately. I've been trying to get a Darklight myself and no luck.

drotahorror

Has anyone ever got Spires of the Earth with a native Earthquake + dmg on them? I'm pretty convinced there's a bug where it's only Avalanche damage that can be rolled.

Not talking about enchanting, I'm talking about getting a spires of the earth shoulder with earthquake damage already rolled on to it.

Just traded in Destiny for Diablo 3 , this game is much more fun and has a lot more variety.

I'm holding on to Destiny in hopes it gets improved via patches (maybe a loot 2.0 scenario) but playing D3 right before it really ruined it for me.

The loot and progression in Diablo is just fucking perfect, so well done. Your work is constantly rewarded and equipment actually feels awesome and unique.

Laconic, I can roll the RORG into Strenght right?

The one you gave me is Dex but it can be rolled?

I don't think you can change dexterity to strength. You can re-roll dex for a different amount or for something totally different, but you can't roll it into strength.

Laconic

Banned
Trying to trade for some cool Barb gear. I have a few weapons like darklight and maximus with sockets that I don't use. I also have a holy shotgun crusader but I would need a pretty sweet offer for some of that gear ;) jk but it would need to be something cool :) I also have a couple maxed gems which are diamond, ruby, and amethyst IIRC.

Lay out what those shotgun gears are. ;)

I've got a rather... large amount of Barb gear.

Okay, holy shit.

My GF is running a lightning Barbie
with Thunderfury and Odyn Son ^^
and is a big fan of Slam too.

She still runs War Cry, but recently swapped out Invigorate for Veteran's Warning, since taking 0 damage from 1 out of every 7 attacks benefits us more than the regen did. She still uses Inspiring Presence, mostly so we don't need to pot up between fights.

Ironically, she also just swapped Ancients out for Threatening Shout: Falter to further reduce the damage we take, which also made battles considerably more manageable.

HORRORSHØW

God damn it!!

i have an extra unrolled strength rorg. you're welcome to it.

Crusader:
Running Fire build. Wanted to go one-handed for Fervor but have not found a decent one-hander (Darklight and Swiftmount, I'm looking at you!). Since I have a decent Maximus+Hellskull, I'm rolling with a two-handed weapon Fist of Heavens build.

that's what i run for fun even though i have a darklight. don't underestimate the fire-chains; mine crits for 10-15m per tick.

When do I start to find set items? I finished the main game but still only Lvl 66 and currently playing on master dificulty. I was thinking about trying T1.

subwilde

Lay out what those shotgun gears are. ;)

I've got a rather... large amount of Barb gear.

Add me on PSN! aewilde

I'll take a look a bit later tonight for more detail but its basically a FotF, hallowed barricade, 5 akkhan pieces(I am using a RRoG). The Fell has a 130% gem in it

drotahorror

When do I start to find set items? I finished the main game but still only Lvl 66 and currently playing on master dificulty. I was thinking about trying T1.

Do adventure mode bounties til 70. Then do rifts. I think most set pieces are only available on T1 and up. You have to be level 70 to get them to drop though I'm 99% sure.

I have a question for the pro's..

Should I use topaz gems to increase loot drops? Has anyone noticed a difference when they are equipped?

Thanks

nikos

Anyone on PS4 have Marauder gear to sell or trade? Lost my gloves because I quit before saving and have had some bad luck in the last couple of days. :|

Laconic

Banned
Add me on PSN! aewilde

I'll take a look a bit later tonight for more detail but its basically a FotF, hallowed barricade, 5 akkhan pieces(I am using a RRoG). The Fell has a 130% gem in it

I'll be on later in the afternoon tomorrow.

I'll just give you some stuff.

What all are you looking for?

I have a few Mite 'o da Earf pieces, a least one Raekkor set, 3 Azurewraths, a couple or Sunkeepers, and even a Cindercoat. I've only got 4 pieces of one set of IK, and I'm holding on to that for future tank builds. But pretty much everything else is fair game - including an Odin's Son and couple of Wyrdward.

Should I use topaz gems to increase loot drops? Has anyone noticed a difference when they are equipped?

Thanks

No.

Use that helm slot for experience (a Ruby) until you are 70/something, then pop a Diamond into it.

JimPanzer

Anyone on PS4 have Marauder gear to sell or trade? Lost my gloves because I quit before saving and have had some bad luck in the last couple of days. :|

I lost natalyas helm and marauders armor I just got from two gifts because of that. blizzard, get on it!

Thanks

I had 41% magic find on my helm and it helped me get a lot more blue and yellow drops, but not legendary or sets. Use it if you want to salvage loot for crafting materials or sell for gold.

drotahorror

Yes! Didn't think I'd ever see it. Glad I kept on trekking through that rift. I died for that screenshot btw, and with a full bar of pooled XP. I died instantly after pressing share.

Also, I've only had this happen once :

Even though the enemy it's targeting is a ghastly gravedigger, that was about 10-15 treasure goblins piled up in one spot.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Level 60 and above, class sets then also only drop on Torment 1 or above. Stuff like Blackthorne's set can drop on any difficulty but again only level 60+.

Set items that are not armor or class tied (like rings etc. ) are less restricted.

Pushin for 70, got to 68 last night and made the same mistake I have seen other make. Lvled up the jeweler and ended up spending all my money crafting a couple gems, boy does that get expensive. Anyone got a spare FotF they would like to send me?

Yasuraka

I could use those Akkhan boots, it's the only piece I'm missing. But I don't really have much to trade, definitely no FOTF. I haven't been finding great stuff lately. I've been trying to get a Darklight myself and no luck.

Ill send them to you.

Edit. Who are you on PSN?

Top Bottom