• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

DeviantBoi

Is WD the safer choice? I'm a total diablo noob, never ran a WD, only got my crusader to paragon 40, then jumped into hardcore. If WD is safer than DH then I might try again.
Did you get the hardcore trophies? Care to share your build.
I played WD in hardcore on the second difficulty and I never had any problems. I lowered the difficulty back to normal for the final fight just to be safe.

I used zombie dogs (with absorb 10%), gargantuan (with the one that makes him transform to giant against elites), spiders (leap), haunt (two spirits), and locusts (spread to two). And the Templar with healing skills.

I played on normal up to the skeleton king, then restarted the game on the next difficulty, and finished the game at level 68.

drotahorror

Is WD the safer choice? I'm a total diablo noob, never ran a WD, only got my crusader to paragon 40, then jumped into hardcore. If WD is safer than DH then I might try again.

I did a WD on expert HC (partly hard on Act 1 , switched to expert near the end, ripped through expert until part of act 5 in the middle and put it on hard). Just run a pet class, I ran something similar to this - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#ScUdYT!dgRe!aaaZYa

Also, I got lucky and got a mask of jerum @ level 35ish. I used it til 70.

Ogawa-san

Yeah, I got all hardcore trophies with just that WD. Personally I think it's the safest class to do it.

For starters it's ranged. Melee innately takes 30% less damage than ranged, but it's subject to all kinds of bullshit like wallers boxing you into molten/poison/arcane turret, electrified making you kill yourself, being surrounded, etc. Then you have pets, WDs can have 4 by lv24 and 5 by lv45 for enemies to focus on instead of you. Also a bunch of defensive passives (-15% damage taken, +20% health, 10% damage to dogs instead, etc), spammable ranged slows...

Coming up with a build wouldn't help much since playing on hard will have you beating the game before lv50, but mine was something like this. The gist of it is getting a slow, gargantuan + dogs and related passives, a good mana dump (Acid Cloud for trash clearing, something else for bosses) and then whatever other passives you can fit in, defensive or offensive.

Yeah, I got all hardcore trophies with just that WD. Personally I think it's the safest class to do it.

For starters it's ranged. Melee innately takes 30% less damage than ranged, but it's subject to all kinds of bullshit like wallers boxing you into molten/poison/arcane turret, electrified making you kill yourself, being surrounded, etc. Then you have pets, WDs can have 4 by lv24 and 5 by lv45 for enemies to focus on instead of you. Also a bunch of defensive passives (-15% damage taken, +20% health, 10% damage to dogs instead, etc), spammable ranged slows...

Coming up with a build wouldn't help much since playing on hard will have you beating the game before lv50, but mine was something like this. The gist of it is getting a slow, gargantuan + dogs and related passives, a good mana dump (Acid Cloud for trash clearing, something else for bosses) and then whatever other passives you can fit in, defensive or offensive.

Thank you.
And thanks to everyone else for your tips.
I'm gonna get me this plats.
Need to get it done before Shadow of Mordor.

stn

Diablo newb here, see you guys talking about hardcore mode. You can play hardcore on normal difficulty? Wouldn't that be easy? I've been destroying the game on easy, hard, and even expert. I've died once through the whole ordeal and that's because I got frozen due to not paying attention.

Raptor

You can complete the campaign on easy then to expert or master bounties on Adventure mode to reach 70?

That would be prefered way of doing it.

h3ro

Slowly getting the hang of playing a Shotgun Crusader.

Managing my Wrath and keeping it replenished with Provoke and Shield Glare is adding a fun component that was missing when I was running Foote/Jekangbord Shield Bash all day.

Through lucky drops and some amazing help from posters here I've been able to gather some solid necessity loot for the build but still have junk for my rings and amulet.

I do have a STR based RRoG which serves it's role of getting me both the Akkhan's and Capt. Crimson set bonuses but I still have to roll Crit Damage bonuses on to it. My other ring is a yellow-tier red gem socketed ring with a solid Crit damage % boost on it.

Amulet-wise, I'm at a loss.

Nothing good dropping at all. Right now I have a mediocre Haunt of Vaxo which I guess is working for the time being as I get to grips with the build but with my DEF stat just at around 6500, I'm having difficulty keeping up with T3 Elites, which mow me down quick when my Wrath is low.

Here is my current build if anyone is interested: Crusader Shotgun build

Standard equipment (Akkhans, Capt Crimson belt/boots, FoTF/Hellskull) with decent rolls and appropriate gems. around 880K DMG, 6500 DEF and 15K regen (without Templar boost to regen).

Laconic

Banned
You still need Lut Socks for leap-quake build to even work. And yes, leap counts as moving so every time you leap you get +25% damage from the pants.

It looks like this...doesn't matter if you move or not: Leap (buffed) -> EQ (buffed) -> Leap (buffed) -> EQ (buffed) -> Leap (buffed) -> EQ (buffed)

The only spender I use on my build is WW with fire rune and it's only because I can still get moving bonus from pants while waiting for leap to cool. (you have to force move before using WW to get the damage buff) The damage from WW isn't good, I get around 3-5 mil but that's ok cause WW helps me stay mobile and with 40% CDR I can use another leap combo pretty fast. Fury also is never an issue cause you generate 25% more fury thanks to the pants so after 3 leaps your fury is full and WW won't even use half of it before next leap.

What does all of your gear have on it?

I'd love to see.

I just switched out my Cindercoat and Harrington setup for a dual set build with IK, and I'm surviving a lot better... does any other piece roll EQ other than chest?

FreeMufasa

As a fan of PSO im thinking of gettin this. But I'm worried it's too complex and feature rich. I've neve played a Diablo game before. Is it possible for me to play in short bursts?

As a fan of PSO im thinking of gettin this. But I'm worried it's too complex and feature rich. I've neve played a Diablo game before. Is it possible for me to play in short bursts?

It's my first diablo, was a little daunted before I got it, but it's fine.
You can just plough through it mindlessly. You only have to put real effort and thought into it if you want some kind of super end game build.

joeblow

The only thing that makes Diablo complex is all of the hidden rules that you need the internet to know or understand, like the impact elemental damage has on all your gear (except weapons) when in sync with specific skills.

With that said, even that doesn't matter much because the game can be made on the fly as easy or hard as you want. Just play it your way and don't worry about perfection until you are ready to fine tune your build for Torment 5 & 6 difficulty (dozens of hours after you begin as a newbie).

As for being able to play in short bursts, I'd say the answer is both yes and no. You can clear a few stages when hunting for gear in 10 minutes or so, or complete an Act in story mode in a few hours (asa newbie). The game saves your progress, so that isn't a problem.

The problem is that D3 is soooooooooooo crazy addictive that your attempt to play in short bursts will at times turn into all-nighters. It's amazing how looting in this game does that to you.

carlsojo

Hit 70 on my Witch Doctor and I went to open the Horadric Cache's I had saved up... got a RoRG!.................
....level 61 RoRG.

Number45

So now that Destiny is feeling like a grind I'll probably get back into this. Maybe RNG will be good to me now that I've given it some breathing space? :'(

Hit 70 on my Witch Doctor and I went to open the Horadric Cache's I had saved up... got a RoRG!.................
....level 61 RoRG.
Probably worth keeping anyway, in case you get good set pieces before a proper one drops.

subwilde

I'll be on later in the afternoon tomorrow.

I'll just give you some stuff.

What all are you looking for?

I have a few Mite 'o da Earf pieces, a least one Raekkor set, 3 Azurewraths, a couple or Sunkeepers, and even a Cindercoat. I've only got 4 pieces of one set of IK, and I'm holding on to that for future tank builds. But pretty much everything else is fair game - including an Odin's Son and couple of Wyrdward.

No.

Use that helm slot for experience (a Ruby) until you are 70/something, then pop a Diamond into it.

I actually had a couple IK pieces drop for me yesterday so I'm good on that! The Raekor is slightly intriguing since I had a nice chest drop yesterday as well....but I'm really tempted by the might of the earth...trust me I will make it worth your time :)

Imouto

Banned
Man. I first decided to try farming for a Hellfire Ring, and I quickly regretted that. It's a worst kind of farming I have ever done in D3. The key just won't drop, and running around finding the Keywarden is a pain in the ass. Any one has obtained a Hellfire Ring? Is it worth all that trouble?

maomaoIYP

You can play in any difficulty from start, but getting to lv70 on normal will take a long, long time.
Considering I just finished it last night with a wizard, this is completely untrue.
5 act one bounties can be finished on normal solo in about 20 minutes and will net you at least one level all the way until about lvl 65.

What does all of your gear have on it?

I'd love to see.

I just switched out my Cindercoat and Harrington setup for a dual set build with IK, and I'm surviving a lot better... does any other piece roll EQ other than chest?

Yeah sure... Had to make video cause no way for me to take screenshots (xbox1)

http://youtu.be/jCdYIS3ufuU

I don't have a lot of items on me that i need/should have but I'm getting there. My helm is terrible, dropped without a socket so I had to roll one into it.

There is also some gameplay from T6, even though barb isn't really complete yet he already melts everything ;)

As for set pieces with EQ, I'm pretty sure only IK chest can roll one and Spires from Earth set.

Laconic

Banned
Yeah sure... Had to make video cause no way for me to take screenshots (xbox1)

http://youtu.be/jCdYIS3ufuU

I don't have a lot of items on me that i need/should have but I'm getting there. My helm is terrible, dropped without a socket so I had to roll one into it.

There is also some gameplay from T6, even though barb isn't really complete yet he already melts everything ;)

I've got similar gear. Some of it better, actually, Sans the Yans. Finding Yans is insane.

Why Thunderfury? I've got one that makes yours look... tepid. But I didn't think it would be better than a 26% Sunkeeper.

I've got similar gear. Some of it better, actually, Sans the Yans. Finding Yans is insane.

Why Thunderfury? I've got one that makes yours look... tepid. But I didn't think it would be better than a 26% Sunkeeper.

TF only because it has 10% CDR on it and high strength. My Burning Axe and Sunkeeper both don't have a socket on it so I can't roll CDR. Still looking for new ones but no luck so far.

Laconic

Banned
TF only because it has 10% CDR on it and high strength. My Burning Axe and Sunkeeper both don't have a socket on it so I can't roll CDR. Still looking for new ones but no luck so far.

Aaaaah.

The CDR did not show on the video. That explains the missing stat. I do not think we can get Sunkeepers or Burning Axes with BOTH a socket and CDR. Their attributes preclude that stack, if you keep Type Damage, Strength and their respective special stat (Fire % or Elite %) , which of course anyone would.

Mine rolled Vit which got rolled in Damage %.

Aaaaah.

The CDR did not show on the video. That explains the missing stat. I do not think we can get Sunkeepers or Burning Axes with BOTH a socket and CDR. Their attributes preclude that stack, if you keep Type Damage, Strength and their respective special stat (Fire % or Elite %) , which of course anyone would.

Mine rolled Vit which got rolled in Damage %.

Yeah CDR was all the way down under the description. I don't look for for both CDR and socket on them, just need a socket, so I ran re-roll damage into CDR, since EQ takes the damage only from the main hand and not the offhand.

Laconic

Banned
Yeah CDR was all the way down under the description. I don't look for for both CDR and socket on them, just need a socket, so I ran re-roll damage into CDR, since EQ takes the damage only from the main hand and not the offhand.

Wait what.

Only off the main hand???

I did not know that.

Dammit.

So... would it be better to have the Sunkeeper with the 26% bonus to elites in main hand, then, or the Dev with its Fire damage?

EDIT:

On further reflection, would it not be even better to have a Lidless Wall in one's off hand, for defense, or even go YOLO with a Furnace?

Wait what.

Only off the main hand???

I did not know that.

Dammit.

So... would it be better to have the Sunkeeper with the 26% bonus to elites in main hand, then, or the Dev with its Fire damage?

EDIT:

On further reflection, would it not be even better to have a Lidless Wall in one's off hand, for defense, or even go YOLO with a Furnace?

EQ takes everything from the off-hand except the weapon damage. It will take +20% fire damage, strength, CD etc. It just won't take those white numbers that are weapon damage, it's basically a stat-stick. Those numbers are coming from the main hand, it's the same for CotA. We are talking strictly EQ and CotA here, other skills like HoA takes damage from both.

Man. I first decided to try farming for a Hellfire Ring, and I quickly regretted that. It's a worst kind of farming I have ever done in D3. The key just won't drop, and running around finding the Keywarden is a pain in the ass. Any one has obtained a Hellfire Ring? Is it worth all that trouble?
I have one for my DH that a friend gave me. It is very effective when the effect procs. There is also no level on it, so even a level 1 can use it.

Laconic

Banned
EQ takes everything from the off-hand except the weapon damage. It will take +20% fire damage, strength, CD etc. It just won't take those white numbers that are weapon damage, it's basically a stat-stick. Those numbers are coming from the main hand, it's the same for CotA. We are talking strictly EQ and CotA here, other skills like HoA takes damage from both.

Well then.

I guess that 2400+ Thunderfury might have a use, after all.

...on a Raekor/IK build, probably. :/

I will probably roll a bunch of Devs, until I get one with 20% Fire damage and a socket, and then roll off Type Damage into CDR.

I always thought the option was dumb, until now.

That also means a Lidless is inferior, because of the CD a weapon socket gives.

Thanks for the heads up.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
If you're talking about the Evil Key, that doesn't drop from a Warden on consoles, it's from the Uber room you access with machines made from the three other keys.

I'm farming ring materials myself atm, having stocked a bunch of the various keys.

Paganmoon

If you're talking about the Evil Key, that doesn't drop from a Warden on consoles, it's from the Uber room you access with machines made from the three other keys.

I'm farming ring materials myself atm, having stocked a bunch of the various keys.

Were do these keys drop? haven't found a single one on T2.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Were do these keys drop? haven't found a single one on T2.

Odeg the Keywarden: Act I, Fields of Misery
Sokahr the Keywarden: Act II, Dahlgur Oasis
Xah’Rith the Keywarden: Act III, Stonefort
Nekarat the Keywarden: Act IV, Silver Spire Level 1

Nekarat doesn't drop a key anymore in console (does on PC), his key drops from the Kulle/Siegebreaker boss room opened with one of the infernal machines.

Keys can only drop on Torment and their drop rates go up per Torment level:

Torment I: 25%
Torment II: 28%
Torment III: 33%
Torment IV: 38%
Torment V: 43%
Torment VI: 50%

You need one of each three regular keys to craft one of three unique machines which each opens one of three uber portals where you fight a two-boss combo who in turn can drop the materials for the rings. The Kulle/SB uber portal drops the 4th key which is needed to enter the final uber room where you fight Diablo + 3 other bosses at once, or every 25% of Diablos health.

Get all four body parts, craft your ring.

I have tons of spare keys so I can take you through some bosses later today if you're around.

Imouto

Banned
Odeg the Keywarden: Act I, Fields of Misery
Sokahr the Keywarden: Act II, Dahlgur Oasis
Xah’Rith the Keywarden: Act III, Stonefort
Nekarat the Keywarden: Act IV, Silver Spire Level 1

Nekarat doesn't drop a key anymore in console (does on PC), his key drops from the Kulle/Siegebreaker boss room opened with one of the infernal machines.

Keys have a 20% drop chance on Torment 1, it goes up to 80% on Torment 6. You need one of each three regular keys to craft one of three unique machines which each opens one of three uber portals where you fight a two-boss combo who in turn can drop the materials for the rings. The Kulle/SB uber portal drops the 4th key which is needed to enter the final uber room where you fight Diablo + 3 other bosses at once, or every 25% of Diablos health.

Get all four body parts, craft your ring.

I have tons of spare keys so I can take you through some bosses later today if you're around.

What is the drop rate of Torment 3? I've been killing them but only got around 1 key out of 8 attempts.

Also, does magic find increase their dropping chance?

Yeah, that was like my only real complaint about the game; losing track of myself in heated action.

"Glow like a legendary" was actually the solution I wished for too. lol

turnbuckle

Yeah, that was like my only real complaint about the game; losing track of myself in heated action.

"Glow like a legendary" was actually the solution I wished for too. lol

I wish that doing this would also show up on other player's screens - and that it'd make a ping sound. At least something available to toggle on/off in the options.

It'd be really helpful for those not playing with a headset to give generic communication - ping if key warden found or a goblin or anything that players would want to quickly communicate to other players.

(I can't play with a headset so it's hard to communicate...I generally fly solo or just with my brother because of this)

turnbuckle

Been hearing a lot about a holy shotgun build for the crusader.

From what I quickly gathered I need:
Fate of the Fell
Akhan Set
A lot of CD reduction

And Reapers Wraps + Captain Crimson + RoRG would be ideal.

I am Zero for all of that. If anyone has any of this stuff they'd otherwise salvage and are feeling charitable, don't hesitate to send me a gift ;)

How the mighty have fallen...I used to have a stacked Barbarian on the PC regularly making $ and playing Santa to others. Look at me now :'(

for those still playing, add me on ps4! It seems my friend list is pretty barren now as people have moved onto other games

PSN: blacksalad_

I've been focusing on my Witch Doctor as of late, trying to get a jade's set

turnbuckle

If I had known there was a sword that shoots axes I would have bought this game a long time ago.

Instantly made me think of this.

n3et28v.png

Top Bottom