• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
FInally beat the game and DLC on PS4 for the first time and am starting adventure mode. When do I get to do rifts? I beat one of the contracts and a boss last night.

New002

Yes! Didn't think I'd ever see it. Glad I kept on trekking through that rift. I died for that screenshot btw, and with a full bar of pooled XP. I died instantly after pressing share.

Also, I've only had this happen once :

Even though the enemy it's targeting is a ghastly gravedigger, that was about 10-15 treasure goblins piled up in one spot.

I've hit three of those treasure goblin packs so far. The first time I was confused for a second before I realized what was going on. Then it was a scramble to catch as many as I could!

Laconic

Banned
I've hit three of those treasure goblin packs so far. The first time I was confused for a second before I realized what was going on. Then it was a scramble to catch as many as I could!

I've only gotten 2.

...the second one was when I trying out an experimental low damage build, too.

:/

Garryk

So my Diablo friends list has turned into a Destiny friends list. Any regulars on PS4 want to add me? I'm currently doing T2 with my Wizard, but I'm working on alts too

US PSN: Garryk03

HF2014

Wondering something. To trade items, you can send them to email to your friends. If i dont have PS Plus, am i able to use the mail system and trade items like to some of you here?

stn

What kind of Crusader stats would I need to tackle expert solo? I'm talking about level, armor rating, strength, DPS, and whatever else. Thanks.

What kind of Crusader stats would I need to tackle expert solo? I'm talking about level, armor rating, strength, DPS, and whatever else. Thanks.
Just about any crusader should be able to solo on expert. They are pretty tough.
Just focus on adding strength and upgrade your gear whenever you can. You can specialize once you get a few set pieces.

Duxxy3

How does the ps4 version do in the highlands when 50+ mobs are on screen at once? Xb1 version struggles at this point, fine otherwise.

benjammin

I had a Darklight finally drop yesterday but the stats were just awful. The search continues.

Any tips and tricks for finding a RRoG other than running as many normal act 1 bounties as possible? I've had to have opened over 100 caches at this point and haven't had a single one drop, let alone one with decent stats.

drotahorror

How does the ps4 version do in the highlands when 50+ mobs are on screen at once? Xb1 version struggles at this point, fine otherwise.

There are lots of frmarate drops when things get busy. One way to really tank the framerate is a crusader with Blessed Hammer > thunderstruck. Bad bad framerate. Add a leapquake fire barb and your game is even worse.

So yes, the ps4 does struggle sometimes. I've also seen it do 50 enemies on the screen and not break a sweat. Seems random. Also act 5 isn't optimized as well with plenty of frame drops in random areas you wouldn't expect.

Raptor

Are you on PS4 or Xbox 1? If you're on xbox I can send you some strength based RoRG rings, I think I have 3 or 4 that I don't have use for.

PS4 but my man here Grimløck offered me one there, thanks a lot anyway man, you guys are awesome, if Laconic is alright with me giving it away since he gift it to me I have a Dex RORG to give away since I will not be using it anymore.

Recall

For the classy cunts who join your online game and then just stand there still for 30 minutes, what the fuck is wrong with you?

HF2014

Yes.

(I refuse to pay to play online)

Thanks for the answer. I am also in this boat, refusing to pay online, but in the end, when PS plus would give me good AAA games for free, i will pay back. Used to pay when i was having my PS3, because the free game library was excellent. On PS4 atm, since they are not enough game, well we just got indies.. YES, some of these are excellent games, but still,not enough for me.

Thanks for the answer. I am also in this boat, refusing to pay online, but in the end, when PS plus would give me good AAA games for free, i will pay back. Used to pay when i was having my PS3, because the free game library was excellent. On PS4 atm, since they are not enough game, well we just got indies.. YES, some of these are excellent games, but still,not enough for me.
Sounds like you need a Vita!

nikos

So I finally got a couple of Marauder pieces today. Got the chest pice (Marauder's Carapace) and I lose 90k damage over Natalya's Embrace. Should I save it until I get the 4 piece bonus?

My Natalya's Embrace has three Flawless Royal Emeralds in it, contributing to its stats. I wanted to roll for gems on Marauder's but accidentally enchanted +life after each kill. Did I render it useless? :(

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Even though the enemy it's targeting is a ghastly gravedigger, that was about 10-15 treasure goblins piled up in one spot.
I was playing with a coworker when we found like 10 goblins like that. We freaked out lol
Good times

Cruzader Lvl 70
Monk Lvl 70
Demon Hunter Lvl 50
Paragon Lvl 8

So addicting.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Sounds like you need a Vita!
Let's not get crazy here.
My Natalya's Embrace has three Flawless Royal Emeralds in it, contributing to its stats. I wanted to roll for gems on Marauder's but accidentally enchanted +life after each kill. Did I render it useless? :(
Life on Kill is a secondary affix.

Whatever affixes you have in the top group (primary affixes) on that chest piece are now set in stone.

nikos

Let's not get crazy here.
Life on Kill is a secondary affix.

Whatever affixes you have in the top group (primary affixes) on that chest piece are now set in stone.

I didn't realize it worked that way. So this is basically useless without gem slots, right? Unless I should save it for the 4 and 6 set bonus and take the damage loss.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Yeah, there's no partial credit for wearing set items.

Save it for the bonuses when you have the other pieces. Otherwise, wear whatever gives you the best stats.

For what it's worth, at least you didn't mess up a weapon.

DeviantBoi

I have a couple of questions:

How do I start grinding characters to level 70 in adventure mode?

What do I do for equipment? What difficulty should I do it on?

I have around 10-15 Paragon points. How should I allocate them?

Thanks!

dog$

Hates quality gaming
How do I start grinding characters to level 70 in adventure mode?
Game settings on the top menu. You choose Story or Adventure.
What do I do for equipment?
Kill as much of everything as quickly as you can. Also, when you accumulate ~500 blood shards, go to Kadala to exchange them for awesome rares to salvage and consolation Legendaries (full disclosure - several items that my characters wear come from Kadala. Others aren't so lucky.)
What difficulty should I do it on?
The highest difficulty you can play where battles against elites take no more than a few seconds and you can complete an entire run without dying enough to require repairs (or better yet, at all).

You can change difficulty at any time. But if you are taking too long to kill anything, you are wasting time.
I have around 10-15 Paragon points. How should I allocate them?
My focus is primary, Crit Damage, All Resist, Life On Hit. Allocate however you want to make up for any deficiencies in your gear, and simply check your stats after each change to ensure it is to your benefit, since you can freely reset the allocation.

Finally got Hexing Pants of Mr. Yan with good roll on them for my barb and holy shit those pants are awesome, they work so well with leap-quake build! I had one pair on my Pet-Doctor before but I didn't know they work with leap-quake as well. Now I need a better rolled Cindercoat and Fire based Stone of Jordan (keep getting physical based ones all the time lol) and that will put my % Fire skill Damage at 120%.

I used to spend most of my time playing as pet-doctor but Barb is so much fun, it's really hard for me to get back to my WD now :D

Finally got Hexing Pants of Mr. Yan with good roll on them for my barb and holy shit those pants are awesome, they work so well with leap-quake build! I had one pair on my Pet-Doctor before but I didn't know they work with leap-quake as well. Now I need a better rolled Cindercoat and Fire based Stone of Jordan (keep getting physical based ones all the time lol) and that will put my % Fire skill Damage at 120%.

I used to spend most of my time playing as pet-doctor but Barb is so much fun, it's really hard for me to get back to my WD now :D
How do the pants benefit leapquake? Does the leaping count as moving or something? Are the Hexing Pants better than the Lut Socks?

How do the pants benefit leapquake? Does the leaping count as moving or something? Are the Hexing Pants better than the Lut Socks?

You still need Lut Socks for leap-quake build to even work. And yes, leap counts as moving so every time you leap you get +25% damage from the pants.

It looks like this...doesn't matter if you move or not: Leap (buffed) -> EQ (buffed) -> Leap (buffed) -> EQ (buffed) -> Leap (buffed) -> EQ (buffed)

The only spender I use on my build is WW with fire rune and it's only because I can still get moving bonus from pants while waiting for leap to cool. (you have to force move before using WW to get the damage buff) The damage from WW isn't good, I get around 3-5 mil but that's ok cause WW helps me stay mobile and with 40% CDR I can use another leap combo pretty fast. Fury also is never an issue cause you generate 25% more fury thanks to the pants so after 3 leaps your fury is full and WW won't even use half of it before next leap.

turnbuckle

Do you not have the app for your phone? Friend management works fine there.

Whoa, I didn't know about that. Excellent to hear, thanks!
My phone is busted now though and I've been holding out for the Note 4. Once I get that I'll be binge requesting on here.

Been playing my crusader a bit more - up to about paragon 45. I'm still doing Master for bounties, but I'm on the cusp of doing Tormet 1.

Also - again, if anyone wants to add me
PSN - Turnbuckle47

I was trying to get my trophy on PSN for getting a hardcore character to level 70. I was only doing it on Hard difficulty, so never even came close to dying with my female Demon Hunter. I think I only ever needed 3 health potions up until I met Malthael.
Fuckin Malthael somehow one shorted me. I had just picked up health from one of the wells. He did his spin move where red comes out of him. One shot dead. Felt like crying.

I might kill somebody to ease the pain.

Duxxy3

I was trying to get my trophy on PSN for getting a hardcore character to level 70. I was only doing it on Hard difficulty, so never even came close to dying with my female Demon Hunter. I think I only ever needed 3 health potions up until I met Malthael.
Fuckin Malthael somehow one shorted me. I had just picked up health from one of the wells. He did his spin move where red comes out of him. One shot dead. Felt like crying.

I have a short fuse when it comes to gaming anyhow, so those hardcore achievements are something I will avoid like the plague. If I died at malthael I think you would be able to see the bonfire of my house for miles.

I have a short fuse when it comes to gaming anyhow, so those hardcore achievements are something I will avoid like the plague. If I died at malthael I think you would be able to see the bonfire of my house for miles.

Haha!!

Usually I'm not much of a trophy hunter. Only have 6 plats even though I have had a PS3 since launch, and a vita since launch. But I have loved Diablo 3 so much I thought I would give it a go.
But that one moment has killed my desire to ever play diablo again. (He says as he plots his next build on the wiki).

stn

Started doing bounty runs on expert, died once because I wasn't paying attention (first time). My items then lost 10 points of durability. Is that permanent or can it be repaired?

Ogawa-san

That's why I went with a WD on hard for the hardcore trophies. I wanted to play extremely safe because I knew I wouldn't do it again if anything happened.

And I'd snap my DS4 in half, of course.

That's why I went with a WD on hard for the hardcore trophies. I wanted to play extremely safe because I knew I wouldn't do it again if anything happened.

And I'd snap my DS4 in half, of course.

Is WD the safer choice? I'm a total diablo noob, never ran a WD, only got my crusader to paragon 40, then jumped into hardcore. If WD is safer than DH then I might try again.
Did you get the hardcore trophies? Care to share your build.

Top Bottom