• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

I'm finally getting a PS4 tomorrow and this game Saturday. I actually played this on the PC at launch and enjoyed it, but stopped after I beat it once with a Monk. Sounds like the game has gotten much better since launch. Looking forward to this!

I'm finally getting a PS4 tomorrow and this game Saturday. I actually played this on the PC at launch and enjoyed it, but stopped after I beat it once with a Monk. Sounds like the game has gotten much better since launch. Looking forward to this!

I've beaten it twice on PC (vanilla) and then RoS afterwards but playing it on PS4 for a third time I find myself playing it every chance I get. Just so easy to jump in, do bounties and log out.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
What is the drop rate of Torment 3? I've been killing them but only got around 1 key out of 8 attempts.

Also, does magic find increase their dropping chance?
I corrected my post, I remembered wrong values from pre-2.0.

These are the correct values:

Torment I: 25%
Torment II: 28%
Torment III: 33%
Torment IV: 38%
Torment V: 43%
Torment VI: 50%

HF2014

It is really. And its not comparable to Diablo 3 on PS3 also. Also bought a PS4 last week just for Diablo hehe.Seriously, its amazing. I was doing a rift and did a 150 kill streak on Expert, not even torment 1 yet!!! I had hard time doing that with D3 on PS3, i think my best was like 75 kills. And also, the 2.1 patch will come out soon, same as all the next content update from the PC. So seriously, no more reason to play keyboard and mouse on PC . It feel so good playing with the controller! :) And btw, dont know if you live in Canada, but here in Quebec, well Future Shop / Best Buy sell the Last of Us bundle for 399$, rather than be 449$. This special is good until midnight i think.

I dont regret it one second.

Raptor

Since I can't play on weekdays just checking in for gifts, I was watching some dude playing last night on PSLive thingy, dude was a barbarian leaping like 3 times in a row before the cooldown started and when landing the third one lava erupted, that is the Leapquake build right?

Looked fun as hell leaping all over like a frog or something, also he had like 3 Barbarians for companions how is that possible?

Since I can't play on weekdays just checking in for gifts, I was watching some dude playing last night on PSLive thingy, dude was a barbarian leaping like 3 times in a row before the cooldown started and when landing the third one lava erupted, that is the Leapquake build right?
The triple-Leap comes from the Lut Socks, which aren't actually part of the Leapquake set.

The Leapquake set does an Earthquake every time you Leap.

If you have the RRoG, you can use the Lut Socks in place of the normal leapquake boots, and get both triple-Leaps and triple-Earthquakes.

Pretty sure I have that right. My question; if a leapquaker has Earthquake slotted anyway, do the auto-quakes use the same rune, or are the auto-quakes un-runed?

Dead

well not really...yet
I picked this up last night and after about 3 hours of playing Ive alraedy found a handful of legendaries.

I played OG Diablo 3 for maybe 30 hours and never found a single one lol

Glad I took a break from the game and came back to it like this. So much more satisfying. Plus controller support is sweet.

turnbuckle

I've got a spare cindercoat and akkan chestplate i'm letting go.

Ok. Request sent.

If you still have the Akkan Chestplate that'd be sweet! Turnbuckle47

I picked this up last night and after about 3 hours of playing Ive alraedy found a handful of legendaries.

I played OG Diablo 3 for maybe 30 hours and never found a single one lol

Glad I took a break from the game and came back to it like this. So much more satisfying. Plus controller support is sweet.

Although I loved playing with the auction house (game within a game) the current version is way way more fun and satisfying.

Raptor

Oh man, I realize Laconic didn't told me what boots to get, so I guess it will be the Lut Socks then?

For the leapquake build I mean.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Yes, it is Lut Socks.

That's what I was referring to in my earlier post:
Gear... Sun Keeper, Azurewrath, Augild's chest and bracer, Earth legs shoulders hat, Lut's, IK gloves, belt - I can still get away with using a vanilla Pride of Cassius, otherwise I have a good IK defense belt for that, plain yellow amulet (14% cold str cc cd), RORG, plain yellow ring (+att str cc cd).

graffix13

I was trying to get my trophy on PSN for getting a hardcore character to level 70. I was only doing it on Hard difficulty, so never even came close to dying with my female Demon Hunter. I think I only ever needed 3 health potions up until I met Malthael.
Fuckin Malthael somehow one shorted me. I had just picked up health from one of the wells. He did his spin move where red comes out of him. One shot dead. Felt like crying.

I might kill somebody to ease the pain.

Man, I would be pissed! Sorry to hear.

I'm playing my HC run with Crusader (Hard) with a buddy online. I have heard that WD and Crusader are the best classes for HC....Crusader because they have two "get out of death" skills (Indestructible and Akarat's Champion-Prophet).

And it's probably borderline cheap, but I'm backing up my save every few levels with the cloud and a usb. Just in case.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
It is cheap. Nothing probable or borderline about it. It's been called "save scumming" in Nethack for decades, and likely many other places, and it's for the exact reason of circumventing the entire purpose of the game's fundamental rule.

I'll never play hardcore in D3 and certainly won't stop you from playing the game how you want, but there's no candy coating to what you're doing.

turnbuckle

You got mail :)

You are the best!

I haven't had a single legendary drop from a horadric cache yet. I don't know how often they're supposed to have a legendary, but they usually just contain a lot of crafting bits and gems and some yellows. Hopefully my time will be coming soon!

shamanick

It is cheap. Nothing probable or borderline about it. It's been called "save scumming" in Nethack for decades, and likely many other places, and it's for the exact reason of circumventing the entire purpose of the game's fundamental rule.

I'll never play hardcore in D3 and certainly won't stop you from playing the game how you want, but there's no candy coating to what you're doing.

Who the fuck cares? It's their game, they have the right to do what they want.

Man, I would be pissed! Sorry to hear.

I'm playing my HC run with Crusader (Hard) with a buddy online. I have heard that WD and Crusader are the best classes for HC....Crusader because they have two "get out of death" skills (Indestructible and Akarat's Champion-Prophet).

And it's probably borderline cheap, but I'm backing up my save every few levels with the cloud and a usb. Just in case.

Last night I killed Malthael first time in HC (no save scumming though, because I am an HONOURABLE MAN). I didn't come close to death, played crusader on hard all the way through. Stack healing and laugh your way through the game.

turnbuckle

He never said anything to the contrary. But it is cheap.

I do cheap things in the game too sometimes. Like loading a game and waiting for it to auto-save before buying a bunch of stuff with blood shards then resetting if it's all junk. I don't get to play nearly as much as I'd like to so this cheap move allows me to effectively spend several times the shards I'd otherwise not be able to earn.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
You're right, I probably should have said that he has that right.

I'll never play hardcore in D3 and certainly won't stop you from playing the game how you want
Oh, it appears that I already did. And you quoted it.

Well, now he can read that sentiment in triplicate (at least, pending future posts). Good deal.

HORRORSHØW

He never said anything to the contrary. But it is cheap.

I do cheap things in the game too sometimes. Like loading a game and waiting for it to auto-save before buying a bunch of stuff with blood shards then resetting if it's all junk. I don't get to play nearly as much as I'd like to so this cheap move allows me to effectively spend several times the shards I'd otherwise not be able to earn.

i do that sometimes, especially when i'm after a specific weapon or set piece. but that gets boring fast. it's much more fun to run a rift and then spend the shards.

shamanick

You're right, I probably should have said that he has that right.

Oh, it appears that I already did. And you quoted it.

Well, now he can read that sentiment in triplicate (at least, pending future posts). Good deal.

Let's go for quadruplicate.

I was wrong, you certainly said that, and I apologize if I've offended. I guess I just don't understand why anyone would care if you cheese a game like that.

Raptor

Grimløck;131639423 said:
i do that sometimes, especially when i'm after a specific weapon or set piece. but that gets boring fast. it's much more fun to run a rift and then spend the shards.

Exactly, I tried to do it a couple of times buut then I felt bad, like "why Im doing this" kind of bad lol and went bounty hunting and rifting instead.

If I get what I want I get it if not well damn it all, I prefer to ask it here if someone gift it to me instead, at least I aint cheating...lols.

graffix13

For the record, I feel dirty and take a shower after every save.

If it wasn't for the damn trophy and my addiction to them, I wouldn't do this at all. Even saying that, would I even load up a prior save after I died in HC? I dunno. Even if I did my guilt would probably eat at me and I'd just start over with another HC character.

Raptor

For the record, I feel dirty and take a shower after every save.

If it wasn't for the damn trophy and my addiction to them, I wouldn't do this at all. Even saying that, would I even load up a prior save after I died in HC? I dunno. Even if I did my guilt would probably eat at me and I'd just start over with another HC character.

Don't feel bad man, I will probably do it if after a couple of legit runs get killed cheaply by some Elite or something :p

Krayzie

You are the best!

I haven't had a single legendary drop from a horadric cache yet. I don't know how often they're supposed to have a legendary, but they usually just contain a lot of crafting bits and gems and some yellows. Hopefully my time will be coming soon!

Legedary drops from cache's have been somewhat scarce for me.
Opened more than 50 so far and have gotten probably 5 legendaries, One fortunately was a RoRG :) From Act 1 if anyone was wondering.

On another note. I've noticed that ever since i moved up to torment 4, i'll have a short period of no legendaries dropping at all and then BAMM!! I'll be getting that glorious beacon of amber/green light EVERY MINUTE for at least 5 to 6 minutes. Quarter of the time they are set items.

Legedary drops from cache's have been somewhat scarce for me.
Opened more than 50 so far and have gotten probably 5 legendaries, One fortunately was a RoRG :) From Act 1 if anyone was wondering.

On another note. I've noticed that ever since i moved up to torment 4, i'll have a short period of no legendaries dropping at all and then BAMM!! I'll be getting that glorious beacon of amber/green light EVERY MINUTE for at least 5 to 6 minutes. Quarter of the time they are set items.

I get the same thing. I actually get excited when I realize I haven't seen a legendary drop in awhile, because that means the gravy train is coming to town! It is also an excellent time to go spend blood shards

Raptor

You are the best!

I have never got a Legendary from caches either, I just leave there and not bother lol.

I added you last night man :)

I corrected my post, I remembered wrong values from pre-2.0.

These are the correct values:

Torment I: 25%
Torment II: 28%
Torment III: 33%
Torment IV: 38%
Torment V: 43%
Torment VI: 50%

I swear the Silver Spire Keywarden has a lower percentage, though I've also gotten 2 keys from him on occasion.

Krayzie

I get the same thing. I actually get excited when I realize I haven't seen a legendary drop in awhile, because that means the gravy train is coming to town! It is also an excellent time to go spend blood shards

Lol!! Man i know that feeling so well now. It's like a sudden burst of adrenaline/euphoria for me!! Since upping to T4, I go loco when I see a legendary drop as I know there is more of that coming in the next few mins.

I wonder if that is the same for the rest of you guys though. The manner in which you get drops after bumping up torment levels.

Wish we'd get some info on when 2.1 is coming to consoles. They'll probably just jump straight to 2.1.1 (hopefully).

It's starting to annoy me that they have been so bloody silent on the status of 2.1 on consoles. They did after all state that patch support on consoles would be up to par with the pc version. I would understand a slight delay but this is dragging on for some time now.

Duxxy3

Lol!! Man i know that feeling so well now. It's like a sudden burst of adrenaline/euphoria for me!! Since upping to T4, I go loco when I see a legendary drop as I know there is more of that coming in the next few mins.

I wonder if that is the same for the rest of you guys though. The manner in which you get drops after bumping up torment levels.

It's starting to annoy me that they have been so bloody silent on the status of 2.1 on consoles. They did after all state that patch support on consoles would be up to par with the pc version. I would understand a slight delay but this is dragging on for some time now.

I don't do torment's any more because they take so long, at least as solo. Is it faster with other people?

edit: side question - why do i keep getting gifts for the same person over and over? must have sent one of my friends 20 gifts over the last couple weeks.

Krayzie

I don't do torment's any more because they take so long, at least as solo. Is it faster with other people?

edit: side question - why do i keep getting gifts for the same person over and over? must have sent one of my friends 20 gifts over the last couple weeks.

Yup it is definitely faster playing with others. IIRC it also increases the legendary drop rate.

I have lots of cash and gems which have no use for me because i don't play much anymore. So if anyone who is on PS3 wants some, add me on PSN: abysswalker71

ZenaxPure

Anyone? I thought we had at least a couple of Quakers here.

Leapquake uses the rune you have selected if you have earthquake on your bar. If you don't have earthquake on your bar it will just use the un-runed version (which is fire).

Even if for some reason you wanted to use the un-runed version (which is dumb obviously) you would want it on your bar anyway. Leapquake values cooldown reduction a lot which means with the 2 piece bonus from MoTE (each enemy killed reduces the cooldown of earthquake by 2 seconds) and the boon of bul-kathos passive you only need to kill a handful of enemies before you can use earthquake again. Any medium sized pack (density wise) will reset the cooldown of your earthquake easily, letting you spam it even more. It actually contributes a good chunk of damage on its own. More than any other skill in that slot would.

h3ro

Anyone have an extra Golden Gorget of Leoric or Ouroboros for my Crusader?

No luck farming this past week for an Amulet at all. I have some a couple Akkhan's pieces (shoulders, boots and I believe pants) to trade back along with a good amount of random Legendary drops as well.

drotahorror

I wish that doing this would also show up on other player's screens - and that it'd make a ping sound. At least something available to toggle on/off in the options.

It'd be really helpful for those not playing with a headset to give generic communication - ping if key warden found or a goblin or anything that players would want to quickly communicate to other players.

(I can't play with a headset so it's hard to communicate...I generally fly solo or just with my brother because of this)

My idea was instead of having R3 to identify where you're at on the screen (dumb to me), you could hold R3 and access a radial menu with different emotes and whatnot. A decent one would be, BRB or AFK or something. I dunno, would have been more helpful. They could have easily had emotes in the game.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
My idea was instead of having R3 to identify where you're at on the screen (dumb to me), you could hold R3 and access a radial menu with different emotes and whatnot. A decent one would be, BRB or AFK or something. I dunno, would have been more helpful. They could have easily had emotes in the game.
Left on the Dpad is unused. Make that an "Hey" emote.

Or they can make L2 into emote menu because that current functionality it has is completely useless.

Leapquake uses the rune you have selected if you have earthquake on your bar. If you don't have earthquake on your bar it will just use the un-runed version (which is fire).

Even if for some reason you wanted to use the un-runed version (which is dumb obviously) you would want it on your bar anyway. Leapquake values cooldown reduction a lot which means with the 2 piece bonus from MoTE (each enemy killed reduces the cooldown of earthquake by 2 seconds) and the boon of bul-kathos passive you only need to kill a handful of enemies before you can use earthquake again. Any medium sized pack (density wise) will reset the cooldown of your earthquake easily, letting you spam it even more. It actually contributes a good chunk of damage on its own. More than any other skill in that slot would.
I haven't really looked at using Boon for her, but I'll check it out, thanks. Right now she's got Inspiring Presence, Tough as Nails, Brawler, and Rampage. Edit: Missed the crucial bit about the MotE gear; don't think Boon will make much difference for her without it though.

Also, she currently has the Lut Socks, plus a random collection of gear. lol

It uses the rune you have on your earthquake and you want to have molten fury on it if you going for fire build.
She's actually lightning right now, owing mostly to the fact that she picked up an LDI piece one day, and we noticed a couple of her skills were already doing lightning damage anyway, so we switched everything over; Cleave, Slam, Quake, and Leap. She also shouts Falter and Veteran's Warning to keep us both healthy. Oh, and she's swinging Thunderfury and Odyn Son.

ZenaxPure

She's actually lightning right now, owing mostly to the fact that she picked up an LDI piece one day, and we noticed a couple of her skills were already doing lightning damage anyway, so we switched everything over; Cleave, Slam, Quake, and Leap. She also shouts Falter and Veteran's Warning to keep us both healthy. Oh, and she's swinging Thunderfury and Odyn Son.

Unfortunately lightning is by far the most useless element for leapquake. The lightning rune doesn't actually do anything (since leapquake doesn't consume fury). If you want to stick with the build I'd honestly suggest aiming for a different element. Fire is the most damage obviously, but cold gives some nice CC. There is also a physical rune in 2.1 (cave in) but I'm not sure if that made it into the console version at launch or not (since the 2.1 damage values did make it).

Top Bottom