• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

ZenaxPure

How about 1 handed weapons? I always get the impression the crusader HAS to have a shield, but I don't really want to use if it can be helped.. I'd also like to try for 3 permanent ghost summons to tear through elites with.

Crusader can either go 1h and shield, 2h and shield, or 2h. Not using a shield really limits you though since you lose out on a lot of stats (most importantly cooldown reduction which is the #1 stat for crusader) and more importantly lose out on special effects (for example there is a shield that straight up increases your damage by 10% when using a 2h weapon).

Honestly if you don't want to use a shield as a melee class AND you want summoned dudes following you around you should just roll a barbarian.

If I want to play this way in D3, is my only option a Wizard? Can any of the other classes be played magic-only?

The witch doctor is a magic only class as well. Also it kind of depends on what your definition of "magic" is, because crusader has quite a few spells that I would consider magical, such as summoning a giant pillar of light out of the sky that chases enemies around or a similar attack that summons a column of light/fire/lightning out that is spammable.

For what it's worth though, 2 handed weapons (such as staves) are pretty much garbage for everyone except crusaders until 2.1 comes around and even then it's going to be a hard sell for wizard/witch doctor because their exclusive weapons (wands/sources and ceremonial knives/Mojos) all have really good legendary effects. Dunno if that matters much to you, but you specifically said "staves."

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I started my DH on expert and was getting wrecked early. You have some basic slows but nothing for serious elite crowd control. Now that I'm level 30, I'm rolling through expert.

Also I wish Blizzard would would lay out the process on exactly how to bring a save to a friend's house. It mentions transferring to a USB drive on PS4, but when I try to move over my storage save file, nothing shows up on the receiving system.

LCGeek

formerly sane
I don't get your point here. I played with friends and none of them were barbs. Why so defensive over the PC version? I played it for 500 hours.

I'm not defensive about the pc version we are talking about trading which you claimed something that isn't true and then come up with a unreasonable expectation as to why it's broke. Fine you only play with friends just like solo players you will only get so much out of the experience. The reason I mentioned communities is cause you can literally join one put out a call for certain types of classes/builds and typically find someone to play with. Unless you're a monk or super low level not hard to find most classes these day for play.

There's a world of difference from saying no trading or a trading system you prefer vs what blizzard offers, so basically my point is your spreading fud when the reality is anything but.

Kyoufu

I'm not defensive about the pc version we are talking about trading which you claimed something that isn't true and then come up with a unreasonable expectation as to why it's broke. Fine you only play with friends just like solo players you will only get so much out of the experience. The reason I mentioned communities is cause you can literally join one put out a call for certain types of classes/builds and typically find someone to play with. Unless you're a monk or super low level not hard to find most classes these day for play.

There's a world of difference from saying no trading or a trading system you prefer vs what blizzard offers, so basically my point is your spreading fud when the reality is anything but.

The general consensus is that RoS does not have trading due to Bind on Account. Not only does the community acknowledge it (there are people who ask for BoA to be removed all the time) but also Blizzard acknowledges it by saying that people who want trading are in the minority, which may be true, I don't know.

Your solution may be viable for some people, but the reality is it's not viable for me and many others who were using the trade system of vanilla D3. That aspect of the game was killed in RoS. That sir, is the reality.

Crusader can either go 1h and shield, 2h and shield, or 2h. Not using a shield really limits you though since you lose out on a lot of stats (most importantly cooldown reduction which is the #1 stat for crusader) and more importantly lose out on special effects (for example there is a shield that straight up increases your damage by 10% when using a 2h weapon).

Honestly if you don't want to use a shield as a melee class AND you want summoned dudes following you around you should just roll a barbarian.

Gotta run with a Crusader not only because of their awesome back story and holy shotgun, but also because barbarians look like Kenny Rogers, I was hoping to run around with 2 blades but I guess I'll have to rely on my hit squad Iscarot to make me feel like Alexander!
Thanks for the heads up!

LCGeek

formerly sane
The general consensus is that RoS does not have trading due to Bind on Account. Not only does the community acknowledge it (there are people who ask for BoA to be removed all the time) but also Blizzard acknowledges it by saying that people who want trading are in the minority, which may be true, I don't know.

Your solution may be viable for some people, but the reality is it's not viable for me and many others who were using the trade system of vanilla D3. That aspect of the game was killed in RoS. That sir, is the reality.

only certain items bind to account and that only happens upon certain items which at ROS launch were not intended to do that, for example bottomless potions or mercenary items. I already mentioned the other situation in which you cannot trade items like items from kadala or crafting stuff. Bind on account is not total either you can always trade yellow, blue, and white based items.

blizzard made the changes they did to counter the effects of a trading system that was doing more damage than good in regards to vanilla D3. Consensus means jack you don't make the game nor does it make the point you stated any more relevant to how they balance the game. Millions play the game and you quite frankly can't speak for those millions. Considering the game is far more healthy than what vanilla D3 it doesn't mean much to have this complaint. The console version has a better system probably because both psn and xbl have limits on max players and it would be very hard in large numbers to abuse compared to pc. I'd love a more open trading system but I also want to be able to farm viable legendaries vs worrying about traders or bots draining all the good items.

Just so you don't get the wrong idea I could go on all day about the trading system or the broke mechanics of some classes. Yet considering you or I don't have a real trading system idea that addresses blizzard problems with what AH or the more free system created we are beating a dead horse.

Liberty4all

Banned
I added my name to that spreadsheet thingy yesterday. All day today I've been getting GAF Diablo friend requests. My wife was streaming youtube stuff all day on the PS3, she was like geez who are all these people befriending you.

lub you PS4-Diablo-GAF

Persona7

Banned
I wonder why the commercial for this says "Coming to next gen" and not "coming to PS4" seeing as how they are trying to make it seem like an exclusive by only showing the PS3 and PS4 box at the end of the commercial.

I wonder why the commercial for this says "Coming to next gen" and not "coming to PS4" seeing as how they are trying to make it seem like an exclusive by only showing the PS3 and PS4 box at the end of the commercial.
In your heart of hearts you know the answer.

you should make a thread about it so as not to derail this one :)

I always play ranged or support classes, going to shake it up and try crusader

Hells yeah, I'm going from Wizard and Demon Hunter to Crusader this time.

Sony and Activision publishing/marketing deal. Sony gets Destiny and Diablo, MS gets Call of Duty.

zoobzone

Guess I found a way to time-leap a bit.

I have a US Pre-load of the game.

Right now, it's saying 1 day and a bit more for me on the countdown, however if I switch to my Japanese account and login from there, it becomes about 3 days for the countdown (because the game launches on the 21/08 there).

I logged on a NZ PSN account and saw the timer drop to 8 hours and a bit more.

I'll see what happens in 8-9 hours from now.

Right now, it's saying 1 day and a bit more for me on the countdown, however if I switch to my Japanese account and login from there, it becomes about 3 days for the countdown (because the game launches on the 21/08 there).

You have no idea what you've just done :O

Liberty4all

Banned

Hmm

Persona7

Banned
In your heart of hearts you know the answer.

you should make a thread about it so as not to derail this one :)

I'm just reading into this too deeply. I wonder if "next gen" instead of "PS4" is more effective in getting people to purchase it.

Hells yeah, I'm going from Wizard and Demon Hunter to Crusader this time.

Sony and Activision publishing/marketing deal. Sony gets Destiny and Diablo, MS gets Call of Duty.

I already know about the marketing deal they have. I just found the phrasing strange.

Brb, cancelling physical copy pre-order.

I already know about the marketing deal they have. I just found the phrasing strange.
I spoke too soon without reading what you actually typed, it is strange, on one hand they're being transparent in their wording yet on the other visual hand it looks a whole other way.

btkadams

crazy! i wish i didn't get the physical version so much cheaper, or i would be super tempted by this.

darkwing

mind blown :D

Blizzard gave me and others digital review codes that they said unlocked today. Yet they haven't as of a hour ago. Thought for sure once preload went up they would work. What a bummer.

Decided to go digital on this one. I dont see myself trading it in, especially IF there wont be an actual sequel for a very long time(my assumption). Gotta love PS4's Preload feature! Suspend/Resume would be killer for this game, If only :(

Wait a minute. I just make a NZ account and it may unlock earlier? Oh wait. My friends ps4 has my primary account so he can share my games. I don't think its gonna work :(

antitrop

Nemesis System

A fun feature is the Nemesis system, which was previously called Avenger Kills in the previous developer discussion at BlizzCon 2013. If a monster kills your character, there is a chance that it can level up, turn into a different creature, gain new abilities and jump into a portal (and out of your game). Later on that same monster can show up with ominous music in your friend's game, with a name making it clear that it was the monster that killed your character. If the monster kills your friend's character, it gets even more powerful, and can go on to someone else on their friends list! If the monster is killed, there are Player Gifts that can be sent back to the character who it originally killed.

This is the coolest thing I've ever heard

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
so is there anything wrong with playing as a monk?

my psn is Stealthieone

From my understanding, people harp on Monk because the extreme endgame is a bit less balanced for that class than others, set to be adjusted in the next patch as well. Ultimately I would imagine most people won't reach the highest level of challenge anyway to even realize the issue.

Top Bottom