• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Paganmoon

Was leveling a wizard up today, and at about level 30 I realized, I can put an Imperial Ruby on my weapon, at any level, tripled the damage of my weapon with one change, thinking of going torment 2 since Torment 1 is easy now.

Yeah, a flawless ruby in a weapon makes 20 - 60 a breeze.

Another leveling perk is to get level 60-70 weapons with the level requirement reduced by 20, which can make the 40-70 run a lot faster.

I totally lose track of time with this game. I started my Barbarian and got her to level 17 in one sitting. :p

I'm playing on Master from the get-go, and seem to be struggling a bit on damage-dealing. I took down a rift guardian, but oh boy was that slow going.

Currently playing this on the PS4. Upto Act 2 as a Crusader.
Quick question [have searched online and could not find an answer] I sometimes pick up equipment with can only be used with other classes.
If I put them in my stash box, will I be able to gain access to them once I decide later on to try a different class?

Danneee

Just found out about Elective Mode. Holy crap, this is exactly what I wanted.

And to grounded_dreams: Yes, the stash is shared between characters, there was a pop up about it in the early game.

faer0n

Currently playing this on the PS4. Upto Act 2 as a Crusader.
Quick question [have searched online and could not find an answer] I sometimes pick up equipment with can only be used with other classes.
If I put them in my stash box, will I be able to gain access to them once I decide later on to try a different class?

stash, gold and paragon points are shared

Striek

Man I've had a blast playing through hardcore with the different characters. 70'd the DH, Barb and Crusader, got close with the Wizard (still don't know how you died ;() and am on my way with the WD. They all play so differently IMO, its crazy how well Blizz has done this. Thoroughly addicted.

Goddamn is my current WD tearing things up, class starts off a bit boring then friggin' BOOM, powerhouse with a dozen awesome skills.

Laconic

Banned
Yeah, a flawless ruby in a weapon makes 20 - 60 a breeze.

Another leveling perk is to get level 60-70 weapons with the level requirement reduced by 20, which can make the 40-70 run a lot faster.

I always checked for that when I still had a character to level.

I had a level 43 DH running around with a level 70 bow. Easy fun.

stn

Level 58, got plans for the Demon Skin armor set. Just need to hit 60. Is it a good set? Also, if I insert a gem into armor can I later remove it? Thanks.

Raptor

For some unknown reason the RORG that Grimlock gifted me disappeared from my stash, save system is bugged as all hell, things dissapear for no reason, I did had the one that laconic gave me but with Dex and I had luck rerolling it to STR based one, lol, you can roll it to change it but once rolled there aint turning back.

That was weird to say the least, I lost a ring but rerolled one that ended up being the same as the lost one.

I have a question for the leapquake build, what is the Fury generator if I will not have a primary? And without Lut Socks there I see no reason to have leap yet since it leaps where I don't want her to leap everytime, is there a way of controlling the leap?

lol.

Not sure how leapquakers generate fury — GF gets it from shouts, Leap, and Cleave — but I do know tapping the button Leaps to the targeted mob, and holding the button Leaps maximum distance.

HTH :)

ScoopEE

Neo Member
Just lost my hardcore Demon Hunter 9 levels from 70 and the achievement. FML!!!

Was only on Hard doing bounties, never had a problem and just got jammed up. Boohoo me.

Raptor

Not sure how leapquakers generate fury — GF gets it from shouts, Leap, and Cleave — but I do know tapping the button Leaps to the targeted mob, and holding the button Leaps maximum distance.

HTH :)

That stream I watched I honestly don't know where the Fury came from since he only Whirldwind and leap and earthquakes all over but no primary generating fury.

Damn.

That stream I watched I honestly don't know where the Fury came from since he only Whirldwind and leap and earthquakes all over but no primary generating fury.

Damn.
Well, like I said, Leap generates fury if you land on someone. Shouts generate fury even if you're alone. Was he shouting?

Just lost my hardcore Demon Hunter 9 levels from 70 and the achievement. FML!!!

Was only on Hard doing bounties, never had a problem and just got jammed up. Boohoo me.

sucks man. imo DH was the squishiest class i've played. i got the HC lvl 70 on a crus. wasn't so hard. don't give up.

Raptor

Well, like I said, Leap generates fury if you land on someone. Shouts generate fury even if you're alone. Was he shouting?

Yeah, I think is a combination of leap and shout with Charge that puts it at 50 generation of fury.

Someone adviced me Envigorate but I will put it on Charge instead since I cant keep up the fury long enough, also this build is for level 70 I think when you have it all before that is all what works best for you.

Will see tonight.

Yeah, I think is a combination of leap and shout with Charge that puts it at 50 generation of fury.

Someone adviced me Envigorate but I will put it on Charge instead since I cant keep up the fury long enough, also this build is for level 70 I think when you have it all before that is all what works best for you.

Will see tonight.
She actually recently switched from Invigorate to Veteran's Warning. The 8k regen was starting to not count for much, but a 1-in-7 chance for both of us to take 0 damage from an attack is pretty significant.

You can get quite a bit of fury just from shouting though. She shouts Falter, since it give all mobs within 25 yards of her 64% damage output for the next 30 seconds, and she can do it every 10 seconds, giving her 15 fury each time. Then every 20 seconds, she gets another 20 from War Cry, so that's 50 fury every 20 seconds from what are effectively 0-phase actions. So, 1.25x the "free money" my wiz gets with his AP regen of 2, for example. Then you Leap every 5 seconds, generating 15-45 more fury, depending on whether you have the Lut Socks yet.

That's quite a bit of fury over a fairly short time.

nikos

So I finally got the full Marauder set but enchanted the wrong stat on my chest piece, which makes it sort of trash. I also have The Shadow's Grasp gloves, which yield 50k more damage over Marauder's.

With the 6 piece Marauder's set, I'm currently at 512k Damage. If I swap the chest and gloves, I'm at 640k damage but lose the 6 piece set bonus. I do, however, gain 3 piece Natalya's set bonus.

GAF, what should I do?!

EDIT: With the swapped out gloves/chest, I'm also at 3851k armor rather than 2752k with Marauder's.

EDIT 2: Thinking about not using Sentries since they take a while to drop, I'm squishy, and they disappear when I die. If I drop this skill, the 6 piece bonus is worthless. Should I use something else instead?

stash, gold and paragon points are shared

On PS4: I have a level 70 monk with some gold, a half-dozen paragon points, and a few things in his stash. He hasn't completed Act V yet. I started a hardcore wizard, and she's got an empty stash, no paragon points, and the tiny bit of gold she's earned. What gives?

LordAlu

On PS4: I have a level 70 monk with some gold, a half-dozen paragon points, and a few things in his stash. He hasn't completed Act V yet. I started a hardcore wizard, and she's got an empty stash, no paragon points, and the tiny bit of gold she's earned. What gives?
Hardcore characters don't have shared access. When you start a Hardcore character you start literally from scratch.

If you start a normal character, you'll find you have access to your stash/paragon points/gold with that one.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Having a minor frustration with my Witch Doctor at the moment. This dagger dropped some time ago and has carried me up to Torment IV. I'm dying to find a more interesting weapon but nothing gets anywhere near the damage it puts out. The problem is it's just so boring: no special affixes, nothing that changes the way I play, just tons of raw damage.

Fuck you Kadala :(

Having a minor frustration with my Witch Doctor at the moment. This dagger dropped some time ago and has carried me up to Torment IV. I'm dying to find a more interesting weapon but nothing gets anywhere near the damage it puts out. The problem is it's just so boring: no special affixes, nothing that changes the way I play, just tons of raw damage.

Fuck you Kadala :(
lol Yes, it's hard to give up your Barber.

Jonm1010

Banned
Accidentally posted in the PC thread.

New to the game so bear with me.

I played a little of each character and settled on a wizard.

I am still in Act 1 and playing on Hard but the game seems insanely easy on all fronts. I am already level 23, I can't remember the last time I died, I have 80,000 dollars and I feel like nothing to spend it on.

Am I doing it wrong? Someone in the other thread said to go ahead and throw it on the highest possible setting. Is that wise? Does the difficulty ramp up after this act?

Hard isn't really hard, so you should move up right away. If you're comfortable with the mechanics, you can definitely handle Master.

Also, 80K gold really isn't that much. You'll need a lot more to deck yourself out in flawless gems eventually.

Jonm1010

Banned
Thanks everyone! I think that is exactly what I needed.

I just did it and while the regular bad guys are still a breeze a came to a gold boss guy and his minions in a dungeon and underestimated it and died for the first time in a while.

Golgi_Apparati

Neo Member
Thanks everyone! I think that is exactly what I needed.

I just did it and while the regular bad guys are still a breeze a came to a gold boss guy and his minions in a dungeon and underestimated it and died for the first time in a while.

Yeah just play the hardest difficulty you can while leveling. The real game doesn't even begin till 70

HORRORSHØW

dropped a kick-ass furnace. too bad it's not the 2.1 version. none of the legendary item changes are going to be retroactively changed, right?
BykDW3aCcAABfvh.jpg:medium

Laconic

Banned
Grimløck;131927990 said:
dropped a kick-ass furnace. too bad it's not the 2.1 version. none of the legendary item changes are going to be retroactively changed, right?
BykDW3aCcAABfvh.jpg:medium

How is it changed?

They better retro the fool set pieces, considering the wealth of Firebird pieces I have.

AEREC

Does the PS4 version have the same Monster density as the PC version?

Just finished Act V and started adventure mode and it didnt not seem as dense in some of the areas I remeber on PC being incredibly dense...but then again Im still level 55 and playing on hard...whereas my PC character is 70 and playing on Torment.

Grimløck;131927990 said:

I think Furnace was one of the items retroactively changed, on PC at least. Not sure how Blizzard will handle it for the console patch.

Is Darklight a top tier weapon for a crusader?

Yes but not the only one.

Does the PS4 version have the same Monster density as the PC version?

Just finished Act V and started adventure mode and it didnt not seem as dense in some of the areas I remeber on PC being incredibly dense...but then again Im still level 55 and playing on hard...whereas my PC character is 70 and playing on Torment.
Monster density and graphics settings are the same as PC. The field of view is changed a bit, to facilitate local co-op.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Just getting into adventure mode now. Why does everything you do reset every day? How do I do everything in all the zones if it keeps resetting? How do I get the ability to do rifts?

Top Bottom