• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

BigDug13

Just getting into adventure mode now. Why does everything you do reset every day? How do I do everything in all the zones if it keeps resetting? How do I get the ability to do rifts?

You clear 5 quests in an act, you get a prize from Tyrael (the prize is under your potion part of your inventory). You don't have to complete all 5 act's quests, just one at a time for prizes. 5 rift tokens from doing bounties gives you access to the rift.

Laconic

Banned
Pretty much shelved this til 2.1

Wish wed at least get an eta

I hope they decide to make rifting more streamlined.

Nothing is as tedious and grating, as having to do cache runs just to actually be able to do rifts.

It is enough that whenever I run out of rift shards, I cool off for a few days, until I can muster up the will to dredge through a billion more bounties, and their utterly lackluster drop rates, getting nothing for my time other that the "privilege" of actually playing the end-game proper.

Grimløck;131927990 said:
dropped a kick-ass furnace. too bad it's not the 2.1 version. none of the legendary item changes are going to be retroactively changed, right?
BykDW3aCcAABfvh.jpg:medium

Paragon 400? 0_o

What transmogs are you using?

ZenaxPure

I think Furnace was one of the items retroactively changed, on PC at least. Not sure how Blizzard will handle it for the console patch.

Yeah, Furnace got changed retroactively. The new version is still basically the best weapon in the game for a lot of builds, but it's not completely broken like the pre 2.1 version. No way they will leave the current version in the game for consoles either, it's just too strong in Greater Rifts when you get to the point where bosses have 30+ billion HP.

HORRORSHØW

I have one on PS4 with -8% to Elite health per hit. Is that what you mean?
i think the 2.1 furnace goes up to 50% elite dmg, like a souped up sunkeeper.

I think Furnace was one of the items retroactively changed, on PC at least. Not sure how Blizzard will handle it for the console patch.
great news if true. i've only had it drop once in 400pl. pretty good roll too.

Paragon 400? 0_o

What transmogs are you using?
lol been grinding a lot. the helm is for sure the immortal king earth helm transmog. the other pieces are regular pieces i think. i tend to change my items and builds around a lot so i'm not sure exactly what i'm wearing there.

Bread

Banned
man i'm having such shit luck finding items for leapquake, i have an rorg and spires of the earth and that's it.

anyone on xb1 have spare things i could use? i'm losing hope over here :(

man i'm having such shit luck finding items for leapquake, i have an rorg and spires of the earth and that's it.

anyone on xb1 have spare things i could use? i'm losing hope over here :(

I think I still have spare Lut Socks and some parts of the Earth set (hands and pants I think)

Sent me a message and friend request on xbox, my gamertag: H3rTz DoNuT

holy shiiiiiit dude that's amazing, thank you so much! i'm sending you a fr right now.

Sent you lut socks, earth pants (had only one pair but I'm not using them any way), 2x earth hands, RoRG, bracers with +20% fire damage, I have some talismans that I can re-roll in +20% fire damage if you need one and can make you Devastator if you don't have one.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
I hope they decide to make rifting more streamlined.

Nothing is as tedious and grating, as having to do cache runs just to actually be able to do rifts.

It is enough that whenever I run out of rift shards, I cool off for a few days, until I can muster up the will to dredge through a billion more bounties, and their utterly lackluster drop rates, getting nothing for my time other that the "privilege" of actually playing the end-game proper.

This is what turned me off for the time being. I have no idea why these shards are not dropped by monsters within the rifts, or at least dropped in combination with the bonus counter for doing some fast killing.

Bread

Banned
Sent you lut socks, earth pants (had only one pair but I'm not using them any way), 2x earth hands, RoRG, bracers with +20% fire damage, I have some talismans that I can re-roll in +20% fire damage if you need one and can make you Devastator if you don't have one.
yo you gave me so much already man i feel bad asking for more hahaha

my friend is super jealous of me right now

yo you gave me so much already man i feel bad asking for more hahaha

my friend is super jealous of me right now

I also have some spare parts of the Immortal King. Just let me know if you need anything and I'll see what I have and if I don't have I will know what to hold for you when I find it ;)

BigDug13

The PC version seems to be one rift token per player now. That's pretty nice to be able to spawn them solo with one token. They need to get us patched up with that. The rift token drop rates seem like they're designed with that new lower requirement in mind.

Littlebigbenny

Neo Member
Counting 3 Mad Monarchs, one SoJ and even a Thunderfurry from the cubes.... still no RoRG for my Monk.

At least I'll get the 500 bounties achievement very soon...

Bread

Banned
I also have some spare parts of the Immortal King. Just let me know if you need anything and I'll see what I have and if I don't have I will know what to hold for you when I find it ;)
thanks man i really appreciate it, whatever you are willing to part with i'd be more than happy to take off your hands!

ZeroAKA

Just finished hardcore mode with Witch Doctor on master difficulty. The only time I got even close to dying was while fighting
Malthael
. Now I just have to grind adventure mode to level 70.

Striek

Lost my WD just short of 70 :(
fucking Belial

Reading this thread makes me wish I could get the same enjoyment out of softcore mode, but the end-game feels a little too spreadsheety knowing that getting XYZ is an inevitability with time, no pressure of messing up etc.

DD-11

Anyone on the x1 have any leapquake barbarian gear? I seem to be getting duplicates of the set pieces and legs that I already have, frustratingly. I've got two immortal kings chests and two earth heads,1 raekor's head, 3 unities, 2 luts, and a couple rrogs.

I mean, what are the chances of getting this stuff (and only this stuff) in duplicate?? Anyone want to trade?

x1: Doub1e Down

Does Magic Weapon actually expire? I'm trying to decide if I need to waste the AP when I'm refreshing my Energy Armor, since I have an annoying tendency to walk around the corner in to an elite immediately after doing so. :p

dog$

Hates quality gaming
The duration is supposedly ten minutes, but yeah I don't think I've ever had a time where I had it expire.

My reflex is to refresh after entering any doorway.

Oh, it's definitely longer than 10 minutes; I've been hanging out in town and it's already survived several expirations of EA, and shows no signs of wear. The refresh may seem trivial, but if you refresh as you walk through a door — and in to a fight — you're already down 50 AP between EA and MW. Being able to skip MW gives you an extra four ticks of Disintegrate to start the fight with, for example.

I guess I'll try swapping it up to Triangle and forgetting about it, and see how that goes.

Isn't it supposed to be infinite? The stats don't show any kind of "time limit" like with the armors, I would assume it's just "once activated, keep activated until death".

Ogawa-san

Once you beat story mode you basically switch to adventure mode and never touch story again, there's no reason to.

Do bounties if you need rift keys and/or want certain cache legendaries, rifts otherwise since they have higher legendary drop rates.

My barb on PS4 is around 25 paragon, and I just bumped up to Torment 1.... I'm just not getting any armor worthwhile, let alone legendaries. Are Rifts more likely for legendaries, or bounties?

My barb on PS4 is around 25 paragon, and I just bumped up to Torment 1.... I'm just not getting any armor worthwhile, let alone legendaries. Are Rifts more likely for legendaries, or bounties?

I get them from both but mostly do rifts. What kind of armor are you searching for?

QaaQer

just bought the game, any advice on which is the most-fun/funniest class? I never played a Diablo game before.

Which class has the dancing cows?

So I got an AK breastplate for my Crusader and my DPS is up to 660k. How close am I to moving up to Torment II?

DPS numbers don't really matter, it all depends on the build you're using. How fast you can kill things, how often you die, how is your survivability. If you can clear T2 rifts fast without dying much then go for it. If you clear T2 rift faster than you thought you will then try T3. If you struggle with T2 then switch back to T1 and farm for better gear.

I have around 600K DPS on my Barb and I can fly on T6. It all comes down to the things I said before, DPS alone won't get you anywhere.

SeZMehK

I just picked up a ps4 and d3. I haven't played this in a long time since it was released on pc. I'm looking for some gaffers to play with. I'm sure everyone here finished story mode. On a side note, I have to clean up my friends list.

QaaQer

I just picked up a ps4 and d3. I haven't played this in a long time since it was released on pc. I'm looking for some gaffers to play with. I'm sure everyone here finished story mode. On a side note, I have to clean up my friends list.

you can hit me up, I just bought it too. PSN QaaQer (mention gaf in the request)

Yeah, wizard is pretty sweet. I'm running a Disintegrate/Temporal flux build I realty like a lot. I made a giant post about it a while back, but I've tweaked it some since then.

Good luck!!

Started playing with my girlfriend. I'm using a Wizard and she's a Crusader... and she loves it! It's the first time she's ever played a game like this, and she's already super attached to her character. haha. Good stuff, I can see us getting some real mileage out of this game.

Okay, barbs, what are you shouting? Am I right in thinking Falter and Veteran's Warning are the best shouts?

What about your Battle Cry? She's using In to the Fray right now, but all of the runes seemed kinda meh.

Started playing with my girlfriend. I'm using a Wizard and she's a Crusader... and she loves it! It's the first time she's ever played a game like this, and she's already super attached to her character. haha. Good stuff, I can see us getting some real mileage out of this game.
Awesome. I'm glad to hear y'all are enjoying it. Feel free to send friend requests to me and weetziestarr. :)

Okay, barbs, what are you shouting? Am I right in thinking Falter and Veteran's Warning are the best shouts?

What about your Battle Cry? She's using In to the Fray right now, but all of the runes seemed kinda meh.

I use War Cry with Impunity for 20% more resistance against elements, Battle Rage with Maruder's Rage for additional 15% damage and Wrath of the Berseker with Insanity for 50% more damage. WoB is strictly for Elites to kill them even faster. With 40% cool dwon reduction everything is ready super fast.

On the top of that I have Chilanik's Chain (belt) which boosts my speed by 35% for 10 seconds every time I use War Cry. By the time the boost is over I have another War Cry ready and another boost etc. I have better belts but I can't play without Chilanik's Chain anymore :)

I use War Cry with Impunity for 20% more resistance against elements, Battle Rage with Maruder's Rage for additional 15% damage and Wrath of the Berseker with Insanity for 50% more damage. WoB is strictly for Elites to kill them even faster. With 40% cool dwon reduction everything is ready super fast.
Hmm. I looked at Impunity, but the "20% boost" to resistances only increased our actual damage reduction a few percent. Wouldn't a 15% dodge be more effective than that, even if as little as a third of the damage thrown at you is actually dodgable?

Marauder's Rage doesn't give you an extra 15% damage though. You already get 10% from Battle Rage itself, so MR only gives you another 5%. Seems like an uncapped CHC bonus would be more effective, at least in a decent crowd. Bloodshed seemed like it might be good too, but again, mostly in crowds. StP may actually be the most always-useful rune, but I dunno how useful it actually is. lol Her CD is pretty high, but her CHC is only like 35% right now, so ItF sounded good to me.

I never really looked at WotB. It's certainly a nice boost, but the cooldown is pretty crazy, and she doesn't have much, if any, CDR. Might be more useful than quake in an elite fight though… I'll play around with it and see how it does.

We're agreed that Falter kicks ass though? lol

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Man, it's crazy how fast you feel "strong" in this version vs Vanilla on PC. I'm only level 14 with my Wizard and just destroying everything. It's a blast!

maomaoIYP

Does Magic Weapon actually expire? I'm trying to decide if I need to waste the AP when I'm refreshing my Energy Armor, since I have an annoying tendency to walk around the corner in to an elite immediately after doing so. :p

No it doesn't, it's infinite. Armor and Familiar are both 10 minutes. Armor shows the countdown timer so use that to gauge when your Familiar is.

No it doesn't, it's infinite. Armor and Familiar are both 10 minutes. Armor shows the countdown timer so use that to gauge when your Familiar is.
Excellent. I'm not running Familiar, but thanks for the tips. Now I won't get caught with my pants down as often. Or, not as as far down, at least. lol

Hmm. I looked at Impunity, but the "20% boost" to resistances only increased our actual damage reduction a few percent. Wouldn't a 15% dodge be more effective than that, even if as little as a third of the damage thrown at you is actually dodgable?

Marauder's Rage doesn't give you an extra 15% damage though. You already get 10% from Battle Rage itself, so MR only gives you another 5%. Seems like an uncapped CHC bonus would be more effective, at least in a decent crowd. Bloodshed seemed like it might be good too, but again, mostly in crowds. StP may actually be the most always-useful rune, but I dunno how useful it actually is. lol Her CD is pretty high, but her CHC is only like 35% right now, so ItF sounded good to me.

I never really looked at WotB. It's certainly a nice boost, but the cooldown is pretty crazy, and she doesn't have much, if any, CDR. Might be more useful than quake in an elite fight though… I'll play around with it and see how it does.

We're agreed that Falter kicks ass though? lol

Overall damage reduction is a small percent increase cause Impunity rises elemental resistance, which for me is better then armor defense. Each of the elemental resistance rises over 150 pts for me when War Cry is active.

As for Marauder's Rage, yeah I know it doesn't give me another 15% on the top of 10%. It gives me overall 15% damage increase and since I use leap-quake I prefer overall damage boost over CC.

ZenaxPure

I will point out that obviously this is a wall of text, but, I wanted to break down each of the shouts and talk about their mechanics for each rune. There are a lot of options and your choice will come down to your build and specific variations of said build. Anyway...

Battle Rage: Bloodshed is the BEST rune, bar none. Nothing else even comes close. All critical hits deal 20% of that damage to every nearby enemy. That means if you use say Hammer of the Ancients on a pack of 5 enemies and all 5 of those are critical hits, each of those hits will do 20% of the damage to each of the other targets (worth noting there is a few hidden mechanics that make that not 100% accurate, but, I just want to give you an idea of how it functions). Now that said... when it says critical hits it specifically means yellow hits. That in effect makes it a useless rune for for Leapquake. I bring that up as Leapquake is the only real T6 option for barbarians on console until 2.1.

Beyond that the best 2 runes are Into the Fray and Marauder's Rage. Fray is really strong if you are using WW which lets you pass through mobs, meaning you can easily get into the center of a group and get the most crit increase possible. That said, it's a fairly useless rune if the targets die relatively fast. This again is a concern for Leapquake as a lot of enemies will die before you can even get off the last leap and Earthquake DOES NOT update damage in real time. It takes a snapshot of your stats the moment it lands. So if you are using Into the Fray and you use earthquake while only near 1 mob, running to a group of 10 others will not change the crit chance of your already used Earthquakes. So that said, Marauder's Rage is pretty much the best in any situation where targets die very fast. As for the other runes, increase duration is 100% garbage never use it ever, and, Swords is decent if you need extra healing, but, I wouldn't really recommend it.

War Cry: Veteran's Warning isn't well liked because it is reliant on RNG. Basically think of it like this, every attack you don't dodge means that your rune is doing nothing for you. Runes like Impunity (AR increase) or Hardened Wrath (more armor) on the other hand are useful every single time you take damage. Dodge is not a very good stat in D3 and Blizzard has been purging in out of the game all expansion. The biggest example is in 2.1 where Dex no longer gives dodge and basically every passive and active skill Demon Hunters and Monks have that involves dodge got changed to something else. I'm surprised Veteran's Warning didn't get cut as well.

So anyway, that aside, Impunity and Invigorate are typically the best options for War Cry. Impunity is straight forward, it gives extra resist, you take less damage from everything (because remember in D3 even melee attacks are effected by resist as there is a physical resist stat). Invigorate on the other hand is the option you take when you are comfortable with your resists. The Life Per Second is quite a bit compared to other similar skills and you get 10% more HP on top of that. Also as a side bonus that is worth mentioning here, all pets in your party get the benefit of your War Cry, including the rune. That means Invigorate gives pets Life Per Second as well. This is worth mentioning because the only way to heal pets outside of this (and similar skills) is from Health Globes and Healing Wells.

Charge! is good if you need extra fury generation but I look at it as more of a low level rune. As for Hardened Wrath, it's not terrible, but, barbarians already have a load of armor anyways so the realistic gain from it isn't that big.

Lastly, Threatening Shout: All of these runes except Terrify have their uses. Intimidate is straight forward, slows enemies down. Falter is also straight forward, it gives you more mitigation. Grim Harvest is unique as it turns Threatening Shout into a fantastic healing skill. Inside a medium pack of enemies it is very reasonable to get 5+ Health Globes per shout. It's one of the more popular runes for the skill.

And lastly there is Demoralize. This is secretly one of the best crowd control options barbarians have available (and personally my favorite by a long shot). The very best is using the Raekor set (since you can get an infinite stun in AOE packs) but outside of that your only real options for mass crowd control is the Leap rune that gives stun, Ground Stomp, and TS Demoralize. This turns the skill into a taunt, which, in D3 taunt is very interesting. It does 2 things, it forces an enemy to walk towards you for the entire duration, and, it disables all of their attacks except for their default white attack (for example a Succubus that is taunted can only use her melee slash attack, her fireball is disabled, or those fanatic enemies that self-destruct are forced to stand near you doing nothing for the entire duration as their self destruct is disabled). In addition to that it also fucks with enemy AI by making it so walking towards you is their top priority above all else. That means if you taunt an enemy mid-animation you can actually cancel their attacks (for example a Mallet Lord with his arms up in the air about to strike down will cancel his animation and start walking to you until he is right on top of you). This applies to everything except bosses, meaning you can use it to group up any elite pack (even those that are immune to pulls/knockbacks).

Anyhow, dunno how much you actually wanted to know about each of those runes, but, there all of it is out in the open if you want to read it.

Vire

When is 2.1 hitting consoles? Shit is getting fucking ridiculous.

I bought the PS4 version because Blizzard said they would be pretty good about timelines for keeping up to date with the PC releases.

:/

I will point out that obviously this is a wall of text, but, I wanted to break down each of the shouts and talk about their mechanics for each rune. There are a lot of options and your choice will come down to your build and specific variations of said build. Anyway...
Bring it!

Battle Rage: Bloodshed is the BEST rune, bar none. Nothing else even comes close. All critical hits deal 20% of that damage to every nearby enemy. That means if you use say Hammer of the Ancients on a pack of 5 enemies and all 5 of those are critical hits, each of those hits will do 20% of the damage to each of the other targets (worth noting there is a few hidden mechanics that make that not 100% accurate, but, I just want to give you an idea of how it functions). Now that said... when it says critical hits it specifically means yellow hits. That in effect makes it a useless rune for for Leapquake. I bring that up as Leapquake is the only real T6 option for barbarians on console until 2.1.
Bloodshed was gonna be my second choice, actually, but I haven't tried it for her yet. Will the splash damage proc stuff like her Thunderfury and Odyn Son?

Beyond that the best 2 runes are Into the Fray and Marauder's Rage. Fray is really strong if you are using WW which lets you pass through mobs, meaning you can easily get into the center of a group and get the most crit increase possible. That said, it's a fairly useless rune if the targets die relatively fast. This again is a concern for Leapquake as a lot of enemies will die before you can even get off the last leap and Earthquake DOES NOT update damage in real time. It takes a snapshot of your stats the moment it lands. So if you are using Into the Fray and you use earthquake while only near 1 mob, running to a group of 10 others will not change the crit chance of your already used Earthquakes. So that said, Marauder's Rage is pretty much the best in any situation where targets die very fast. As for the other runes, increase duration is 100% garbage never use it ever, and, Swords is decent if you need extra healing, but, I wouldn't really recommend it.
Funny you should mention that, but I just got her on to WW. She's running a lightning build, thanks mostly to RNG, and I noticed the lightning rune recovers 1 fury per mob hit, which basically makes it self-sustaining for her. She has Lut Socks (only), so she can triple-leap and build 45 fury with that. Even with a single target, Wind Shear keeps her going long enough to ride out the cooldown on Leap, and since shouts are secondary animations, she can refresh those without interrupting her WW. I didn't even realize it let her pass through mobs though; even better. Does it make her immune to CC in general? What about walls? What about lava?? lol

So with WW, should we stick with Fray, or give Bloodshed a try? Keep in mind her base CHC is sitting at 29.5% before any bonuses from BR; that's a big part of the reason I went Fray in the first place. Sounds like she needs to start focusing more on CHC in general&#8230; Although, even though I'm running an arcane build, I slotted Ignite and Conflagration, so that gives her CHC a fairly significant boost on any mobs I've had a chance to light up.

War Cry: Veteran's Warning isn't well liked because it is reliant on RNG. Basically think of it like this, every attack you don't dodge means that your rune is doing nothing for you. Runes like Impunity (AR increase) or Hardened Wrath (more armor) on the other hand are useful every single time you take damage. Dodge is not a very good stat in D3 and Blizzard has been purging in out of the game all expansion. The biggest example is in 2.1 where Dex no longer gives dodge and basically every passive and active skill Demon Hunters and Monks have that involves dodge got changed to something else. I'm surprised Veteran's Warning didn't get cut as well.

So anyway, that aside, Impunity and Invigorate are typically the best options for War Cry. Impunity is straight forward, it gives extra resist, you take less damage from everything (because remember in D3 even melee attacks are effected by resist as there is a physical resist stat). Invigorate on the other hand is the option you take when you are comfortable with your resists. The Life Per Second is quite a bit compared to other similar skills and you get 10% more HP on top of that. Also as a side bonus that is worth mentioning here, all pets in your party get the benefit of your War Cry, including the rune. That means Invigorate gives pets Life Per Second as well. This is worth mentioning because the only way to heal pets outside of this (and similar skills) is from Health Globes and Healing Wells.

Charge! is good if you need extra fury generation but I look at it as more of a low level rune. As for Hardened Wrath, it's not terrible, but, barbarians already have a load of armor anyways so the realistic gain from it isn't that big.
I trust in RNG! lol

I see where you're coming from &#8212; it doesn't do anything on 6 out of 7 attacks &#8212; but it does give you 100% DR for that one attack. It did seem like we were generally healthier than we were with Invigorate, but I think we switched that at the same time she started using Falter &#8212; vs no shout previously &#8212; so maybe most/all of the mitigation came from there. I do see my wiz dodging attacks fairly regularly though; it feels good! lol We do miss Invigorate in between fights though.

We'll try running some of the other runes for a while and see how they go, I guess. I'm actually kinda disappointed to see dodge being deprecated though. No pets here, but it's good to know War Cry helps them too. Does it boost their dodge too? lol Do they also benefit from Inspiring Presence? She uses that for the regen and the double-Falter.

Lastly, Threatening Shout: All of these runes except Terrify have their uses. Intimidate is straight forward, slows enemies down. Falter is also straight forward, it gives you more mitigation. Grim Harvest is unique as it turns Threatening Shout into a fantastic healing skill. Inside a medium pack of enemies it is very reasonable to get 5+ Health Globes per shout. It's one of the more popular runes for the skill.

And lastly there is Demoralize. This is secretly one of the best crowd control options barbarians have available (and personally my favorite by a long shot). The very best is using the Raekor set (since you can get an infinite stun in AOE packs) but outside of that your only real options for mass crowd control is the Leap rune that gives stun, Ground Stomp, and TS Demoralize. This turns the skill into a taunt, which, in D3 taunt is very interesting. It does 2 things, it forces an enemy to walk towards you for the entire duration, and, it disables all of their attacks except for their default white attack (for example a Succubus that is taunted can only use her melee slash attack, her fireball is disabled, or those fanatic enemies that self-destruct are forced to stand near you doing nothing for the entire duration as their self destruct is disabled). In addition to that it also fucks with enemy AI by making it so walking towards you is their top priority above all else. That means if you taunt an enemy mid-animation you can actually cancel their attacks (for example a Mallet Lord with his arms up in the air about to strike down will cancel his animation and start walking to you until he is right on top of you). This applies to everything except bosses, meaning you can use it to group up any elite pack (even those that are immune to pulls/knockbacks).
I thought about Grim Harvest, but I wasn't sure how often it proc'd health globes. Pretty often, eh? And it should be easy for her to scoop them up during WW, right? Maybe I need some Reaper Wraps&#8230; lol

I run Flux, so we've no need for slow. Speaking of stuff I have, will my Pandemonium Loop explode enemies feared by her, or do I need to apply it myself? I doubt we'd run Terrify just for that; just curious.

I actually considered Demoralize, just for the aggro control, but I didn't know it also forced the mobs to use gimpy attacks. That's very interesting. That's doubled to 8s with Inspiring Presence, I assume? Oh, and she does run Death from Above; even with no CDR, she can keep the main threats stunlocked pretty effectively with it. Should that make us lean more towards something like Harvest? Can you tell I'm a big fan of buffs and debuffs? lol

Anyhow, dunno how much you actually wanted to know about each of those runes, but, there all of it is out in the open if you want to read it.
The more, the better! When I see "RPG," I think, "Killing Bullies with Math." lol

Top Bottom