• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

ZenaxPure

Bloodshed was gonna be my second choice, actually, but I haven't tried it for her yet. Will the splash damage proc stuff like her Thunderfury and Odyn Son?

Not entirely sure on this one, but, maybe. I wouldn't get used to it though, in 2.1 they are making it so procs can no longer proc other procs. Not sure of which procs proc other procs currently though.

I didn't even realize it let her pass through mobs though; even better. Does it make her immune to CC in general? What about walls? What about lava?? lol

WW is actually a really bad damaging ability, but, it is an amazing mobility skill. It allows you to pass through mobs and it makes you immune to knockback. Nothing else though, ground effects and other CC still effect you. Can't pass through walls either (without Illusory boots or Kull-aid). Still though, amazing for mobility. You can not get boxed in by enemies as long as you have WW unless it is by waller.

So with WW, should we stick with Fray, or give Bloodshed a try?

It's just a call you have to make yourself. Typically I always run Fray with WW, Marauder's Rage with leapquake (though I dropped rage from my quake build a long time ago), and anything else I use Bloodshed.

We'll try running some of the other runes for a while and see how they go, I guess. I'm actually kinda disappointed to see dodge being deprecated though. No pets here, but it's good to know War Cry helps them too. Does it boost their dodge too? lol Do they also benefit from Inspiring Presence? She uses that for the regen and the double-Falter.

Pets get the dodge as well, they get the rune effect no matter which it is. As for inspiring presence I am not entirely sure if they get that or not. Never actually tested it, but, now I am curious. As for dodge, people have been bitching about it for a long time is all. Specifically for monks they were just really squishy for a melee class because dodge is nice until the moment you don't dodge and get one shot. In 2.1 dex gives armor now, as a side effect dodge has been getting removed from a lot of skills.

I thought about Grim Harvest, but I wasn't sure how often it proc'd health globes. Pretty often, eh? And it should be easy for her to scoop them up during WW, right? Maybe I need some Reaper Wraps… lol

Yeah, it procs them quite a bit in large packs. On single target it's not as often though. It is a very good combination with Reaper Wraps, but, Lightning WW doesn't really have terrible resource problems so it might not be needed. Just have to test that for yourself.

I run Flux, so we've no need for slow. Speaking of stuff I have, will my Pandemonium Loop explode enemies feared by her, or do I need to apply it myself? I doubt we'd run Terrify just for that; just curious.

Not entirely sure, never tested it. Curious again though.

I actually considered Demoralize, just for the aggro control, but I didn't know it also forced the mobs to use gimpy attacks. That's very interesting. That's doubled to 8s with Inspiring Presence, I assume? Oh, and she does run Death from Above; even with no CDR, she can keep the main threats stunlocked pretty effectively with it. Should that make us lean more towards something like Harvest? Can you tell I'm a big fan of buffs and debuffs? lol

Sadly Demoralize does not get doubled with presence, but, it isn't a huge issue because endgame barbarian for Leapquake wants as much cooldown reduction as you can get (without losing damage), so, the taunt actually has a very high uptime. As for Death From Above, yeah, I wouldn't mix Demoralize and Death From Above. I feel like harvest is the only real option if you are running Death From Above to be honest. At least in my experience, enemies aren't alive very long after the stun ends.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
i am sorry if it has been asked...but i do not have the time to read 290 pages.

is it normal that diablo 3 installs two times on the ps4? i have it two times in the main menu..

bought it to play with my GF in coop. but if one of you wants to add me.. PSN ID eagel

Paganmoon

Man, it's crazy how fast you feel "strong" in this version vs Vanilla on PC. I'm only level 14 with my Wizard and just destroying everything. It's a blast!

You could probably up the difficulty some, will give you quite a nice boost in leveling, you'll still destroy everything if you keep your gear up.

It's also crazy how fast you get oneshotted while leveling up, doing T1/T2 on my crusader at level 50, just breezing through, ding twice in bounties, get totally hammered by elites all of sudden.

Edit: also going to be adding a few of you guys to my friendslist, almost everyone online is playing Destiny right now.

Novak

My friend started with Crusader as his first character. Since i have lvl 70 crusader i would like to start new character that would complement his crusader in coop. What should i pick?

HORRORSHØW

gambled a kridershot, manticore, etrayu, and natalya's slayer with 1000 bloodshards while trying to get a calamity.
KuGsj.gif

dog$

Hates quality gaming
I obtained at least 6 Depth Diggers and a few each of Blackthrones, Pox Faulds, Shadow Coil, Swamp Waders, and even my first Hexing pants before Kadala gave me the Marauder pants. 3000 shards? I don't even know.
My friend started with Crusader as his first character. Since i have lvl 70 crusader i would like to start new character that would complement his crusader in coop. What should i pick?
A character that's purely meant for coop support might be best as a Monk. Look up ZDPS Monk. Easy to gear for and easy to supply skills which accentuate group play.

Otherwise, look to provide CC if you want some kind of support role. Lightning Wizard is OK, Coldquake Barb is really good.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
When is 2.1 hitting consoles? Shit is getting fucking ridiculous.

I bought the PS4 version because Blizzard said they would be pretty good about timelines for keeping up to date with the PC releases.

:/
Won't have to wait much longer.

Recall

Barbarian. That way you can loot share and makes for fun time, both are after strength, vitality and crit chance so why not? :)

Imouto

Banned

Barbarian. Loot share and trading make the game much more fun imo.

Won't have to wait much longer.

I really want to know where does this come from. They have been avoiding answering about the 2.1 patch date since forever.

Matt Frost

Hello guys and gals, first post in this thread. Been playing the Ultimate Evil edition for two weeks now (I played the PC version too) and I need your help... I need yellow gems if someone want to trade: THEFROSTYS is my PSN name, please add me to trade, I can offer the other type of gems in return and maybe some legendary thing, I dont know... money also works...

Laconic

Banned
Does anyone have a Strength based, 3 socket, unenchanted Cindercoat that they'd be willing to let go of?

It would be appreciated. :)

Laconic

Banned
Grimløck;132111113 said:
gambled a kridershot, manticore, etrayu, and natalya's slayer with 1000 bloodshards while trying to get a calamity.
KuGsj.gif

Dammit.

Kridershot... sigh.

Someday.

Someday.

I suppose that I really cannot complain too hard, though.

I gambled 3 pieces of Jade last night... as well as a 97% Jeram.

Raptor

Does anyone have a Strength based, 3 socket, unenchanted Cindercoat that they'd be willing to let go of?

It would be appreciated. :)

3 Sockets are really rare for me to get, the only one I have is a Blacktorne Armor and thats it.

I got a Sunkeeper but low rolled that it was useless to me, I got my barb at L70 with 250k DPS with a Thunderfury and a Skycutter, will try and see if I can manage T1.

Does anyone has a Devastator plan that can craft me one or send it to me?

Or Sunkeeper for that matter? lols.

Laconic

Banned
3 Sockets are really rare for me to get, the only one I have is a Blacktorne Armor and thats it.

I got a Sunkeeper but low rolled that it was useless to me, I got my barb at L70 with 250k DPS with a Thunderfury and a Skycutter, will try and see if I can manage T1.

Does anyone has a Devastator plan that can craft me one or send it to me?

Or Sunkeeper for that matter? lols.

You can roll the damage off of your Sunkeeper, into a useful stat, and just use it as an offhand, if it is for your Barb.

Because Leap only factors the damage of your main hand.

That said, how low is too low damage, if you really want two non-stat stick weapons, I have a socketed SK, with 1900+, I believe, that I would give you.

Raptor

You can roll the damage off of your Sunkeeper, into a useful stat, and just use it as an offhand, if it is for your Barb.

That said, how low is too low damage, if you really want two non-stat stick weapons, I have a socketed SK, with 1900+, I believe, that I would give you.

it was low 1800s and it was already rerolled for +dmg instead of Sacro, if you give me that socketed one I could socket a Ruby? for more damage? and with the Devastator Krayzie sent me I will pretty much go to Torment 2 god damn and my quest for that MoTE Set!!

:p

Laconic

Banned
it was low 1800s and it was already rerolled for +dmg instead of Sacro, if you give me that socketed one I could socket a Ruby? for more damage? and with the Devastator Krayzie sent me I will pretty much go to Torment 2 god damn and my quest for that MoTE Set!!

:p

You could socket it with a Ruby, yes. But you should socket it with an Emerald. Fullstop.

Not entirely sure on this one, but, maybe. I wouldn't get used to it though, in 2.1 they are making it so procs can no longer proc other procs. Not sure of which procs proc other procs currently though.
Well, poop.

WW is actually a really bad damaging ability, but, it is an amazing mobility skill. It allows you to pass through mobs and it makes you immune to knockback. Nothing else though, ground effects and other CC still effect you. Can't pass through walls either (without Illusory boots or Kull-aid). Still though, amazing for mobility. You can not get boxed in by enemies as long as you have WW unless it is by waller.
Gotcha. Well, being able to whirl in and out of crowds should help increase her survivability, at least.

It's just a call you have to make yourself. Typically I always run Fray with WW, Marauder's Rage with leapquake (though I dropped rage from my quake build a long time ago), and anything else I use Bloodshed.
Cool. I think we'll stick with Fray for now, at least until I get her base CHC up a bit.

Pets get the dodge as well, they get the rune effect no matter which it is. As for inspiring presence I am not entirely sure if they get that or not. Never actually tested it, but, now I am curious. As for dodge, people have been bitching about it for a long time is all. Specifically for monks they were just really squishy for a melee class because dodge is nice until the moment you don't dodge and get one shot. In 2.1 dex gives armor now, as a side effect dodge has been getting removed from a lot of skills.
Yeah, I could see people getting in to trouble if they were relying on it for the entirety of their defense. I just see it as bonus reduction; kinda like a really spikey Blur. lol

Yeah, it procs them quite a bit in large packs. On single target it's not as often though. It is a very good combination with Reaper Wraps, but, Lightning WW doesn't really have terrible resource problems so it might not be needed. Just have to test that for yourself.
Oh, I'd be wearing the Wraps, to help sustain my Disintegrate. I know I get health when she picks up a globe; that should proc the resources on my bracers too, right? I don't need to grab the globe myself, do I?

Sadly Demoralize does not get doubled with presence, but, it isn't a huge issue because endgame barbarian for Leapquake wants as much cooldown reduction as you can get (without losing damage), so, the taunt actually has a very high uptime. As for Death From Above, yeah, I wouldn't mix Demoralize and Death From Above. I feel like harvest is the only real option if you are running Death From Above to be honest. At least in my experience, enemies aren't alive very long after the stun ends.
Yeah, we did a couple of bounties last night with Harvest and she said it seemed like she was getting more globes dropping. She's still learning her WW though — been running Slam — so it's hard for her to follow everything. I am intrigued by the Wraps, but even swinging a sword, I don't have much problem with AP. I mostly just do a quick recharge with SP:AA and Prodigy as my Black Hole is about to come up again. That gives me a bunch of AP and it procs Ignite nicely. Decisions, decisions. lol

Thanks again for all of the tips! <3

Wait, what? Really? It doesn't average in the off-hand damage? I thought dual-wielding basically averaged the damage of the two weapons, and used the average speed of the weapons plus a speed bonus for dual-wielding. Is that all wrong, or does Leap just work differently? Do affixes on the off-hand proc when leaping?

While we're on the subject, how long does it take to perform a Leap? Does it scale with attack speed? Will AS 2.0 let you do a Leap in 0.5s?

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Sorry for the stupid question, but on PSN EU how big is the file size of this game? I mean... I know it's 62 GBs but once bought is it possible to download only the client with the language of choice or you're forced to download it all? thx

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
You could probably up the difficulty some, will give you quite a nice boost in leveling, you'll still destroy everything if you keep your gear up.

It's also crazy how fast you get oneshotted while leveling up, doing T1/T2 on my crusader at level 50, just breezing through, ding twice in bounties, get totally hammered by elites all of sudden.

Edit: also going to be adding a few of you guys to my friendslist, almost everyone online is playing Destiny right now.

Currently playing the highest I can. I think that's Expert? Whatever the case, I'll be keeping it there while I stomp through on my Wizzy. I never really played one on PC, so it's a fun/new experience for me.

Also, PSN is nicoga3000 if anyone ever wants to play (or just to get new friends so I can get/send goodies). I've pumped a LOT of hours into Destiny lately, but being level 28 and just grinding out bounties is getting stale. I won't be playing it AS much now that I'm near max level. Looking forward to leveling in D3 instead!

Laconic

Banned
I just got the perfect Halcyon's Ascent amulet.

Like, literally perfect for a ZDPS Monk.

Shame they are getting eliminated, next patch.

It rolled:

690 Dex
-15% Elite Damage
-7% Melee Damage
7% Reduced Cooldown
+15% Damage to Elites
Epiphany proc

Laconic

Banned
Wait, what? Really? It doesn't average in the off-hand damage? I thought dual-wielding basically averaged the damage of the two weapons, and used the average speed of the weapons plus a speed bonus for dual-wielding. Is that all wrong, or does Leap just work differently? Do affixes on the off-hand proc when leaping?

While we're on the subject, how long does it take to perform a Leap? Does it scale with attack speed? Will AS 2.0 let you do a Leap in 0.5s?

EQ is that damage dealer of MotE. ;)

Yeah CDR was all the way down under the description. I don't look for for both CDR and socket on them, just need a socket, so I ran re-roll damage into CDR, since EQ takes the damage only from the main hand and not the offhand.

EQ is that damage dealer of MotE. ;)
lol Yes; I'm just trying to figure out how the game works. :p

So EQ doesn't use your off-hand weapon either? We're sure about this? What skills do use the off-hand? If nothing is actually utilizing the off-hand weapon, should she be using a shield instead? What's the point of dual-wield? =/

LordAlu

I just got the perfect Halcyon's Ascent amulet.

Like, literally perfect for a ZDPS Monk.

Shame they are getting eliminated, next patch.

It rolled:

690 Dex
-15% Elite Damage
-7% Melee Damage
7% Reduced Cooldown
+15% Damage to Elites
Epiphany proc
I'd just take a decent legendary amulet full stop. Paragon 104 and still rockin' my yellow :D Gotta find that Sunwuko Shine's. Or heck, even a Xephirian :p

surfer: … so since these guys will be dropping globes every time you shout at them, don't scoop them all up right away; wait until they recover from the stun and actually start hurting you.
weetzie: What's a health globe?

>< Turns out she thought those were pots, and she's been scooping them in to our inventories as quickly as possible. lol

Matt Frost

Apart from really needing yellow gems I also want to play with other people and not alone, so if you want please add me, my PSN name is THEFROSTYS and you will be welcome. I can also give you stuff or gems, I have a huge DPS wizard and play in T3 but I can play in lower difficulties too :)

Apart from really needing yellow gems I also want to play with other people and not alone, so if you want please add me, my PSN name is THEFROSTYS and you will be welcome. I can also give you stuff or gems, I have a huge DPS wizard and play in T3 but I can play in lower difficulties too :)
I added you, but since we're struggling through T2, your gems are probably nicer than mine anyway; we only get marquis drops. :p

I've been holding off on making top tier gems anyway, since 2.1 is supposed to make combining a lot cheaper. I only go up to flawless imperial for now.

subwilde

Laconic nooooooo!!!

Why you got yourself banned? Hope you come back soon man.

I just noticed too! Love reading his advice/knowledge even if it wasn't directly for me.

Anyway, gonna be on later this afternoon, debating whether to keep upgrading my leap quake barb or to actually get a few decent legendaries for the witch dr. Too many rares filling up my slots :p

turnbuckle

I read that you can trade hellfire rings in this game? I thought they were account bound.

In that case...does anyone have a strength / dexterity / intelligence hellfire ring they'd be willing to spare? Farming for them seems like a much bigger pain than the level 60 rings but I'd love to have them for the alts I'll make as well as maybe throwing it on my crusader if it ever makes sense to do that.

I mean...I only have a single ring that I got from Act I.

I don't really have much in return to trade. I have some rift portal shards I can give in return or a few forgotten souls. Not much else yet :(

PSN: Turnbuckle47

Also - Dog$'s wizard is pretty awesome. Had fun watching him wreck everything with a quickness while doing T4 rifts yesterday :)

Edit: ^^^ Set your game to invite-only, just in case. ;)

On the subject of hellfire rings, I went to make one the other day, and I needed some weird mats I didn't have. Where do I get them?

Also, some update indicated synths would no longer require unusual mats like that, and those mats would turn gray to indicate they were junk, and their sell value was increased. So I sold all mine. But the update said they don't drop anymore, and I still seem to get them. What gives? Is this the kind of stuff I need to make a hellfire?

turnbuckle

Edit: ^^^ Set your game to invite-only, just in case. ;)

On the subject of hellfire rings, I went to make one the other day, and I needed some weird mats I didn't have. Where do I get them?

Also, some update indicated synths would no longer require unusual mats like that, and those mats would turn gray to indicate they were junk, and their sell value was increased. So I sold all mine. But the update said they don't drop anymore, and I still seem to get them. What gives? Is this the kind of stuff I need to make a hellfire?

I heard about the gray items from my brother ; I have a a ton of them in my stash just in case. I didn't realize how much they were worth until a couple days ago. I think they sell for like 75,000 gold a piece!? If so, I'm going to have a windfall waiting for me...but I just have a hard time bringing myself to sell. Like to let them build up in my stash until I find myself needing more room. By that point I should be a very wealthy man.

cormack12

Gold Member
Hey, think I'm being a bit dense. Just finished the story and am level 45 DH. How do I go online with a matchmaking group? I go to multiplayer and it asks me to link battle net - problem is that it seems to be down at the moment for console users. Do I only need to link for Legendary ring, or do I need to link to simply play with randoms?

What's best for me to do now? I've ran a few bounties in adventure mode, and only completed the game on 'normal'. I really wanted to reroll a new char but I can't dive straight into hard with them as they won't have levelled gear - is that right? There's loads of mini dungeons that I didn't do either in the vast wastelands. I did start doing them all but then just wanted to get on with the story to unlock adventure mode.

Sry for noob questions, first diablo game

Forget about story mode. You'll be able to access all those "mini-dungeons" in Adventure mode.

Try higher difficulties, you can always pause and go back if it's too hard, but even with a new character you shouldn't have problems on hard.

Turn on advanced tooltips and elective mode on the options if you haven't already.

Kills loads of things, get loot, have fun.

Hey, think I'm being a bit dense. Just finished the story and am level 45 DH. How do I go online with a matchmaking group? I go to multiplayer and it asks me to link battle net - problem is that it seems to be down at the moment for console users. Do I only need to link for Legendary ring, or do I need to link to simply play with randoms?

What's best for me to do now? I've ran a few bounties in adventure mode, and only completed the game on 'normal'. I really wanted to reroll a new char but I can't dive straight into hard with them as they won't have levelled gear - is that right? There's loads of mini dungeons that I didn't do either in the vast wastelands. I did start doing them all but then just wanted to get on with the story to unlock adventure mode.

Sry for noob questions, first diablo game
Linking is optional. It only gets you the ring — which is sorta nice for low-level characters — and can be done later.

Yeah, just run bounties at the hardest difficulty you can manage in a timely fashion. The only penalty for dying is a bigger repair bill for your gear, and you can always dial the difficulty back if things get too rough.

You can put spare gear in your Stash, and your new characters can access that stuff to get them started. An efficient way to get a character through the lower levels is to craft them a hat and a sword, both with sockets for a nice, high-level ruby. That'll give them a huge xp and damage bonus, respectively.

Top Bottom