• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Raptor

I read that you can trade hellfire rings in this game? I thought they were account bound.

In that case...does anyone have a strength / dexterity / intelligence hellfire ring they'd be willing to spare? Farming for them seems like a much bigger pain than the level 60 rings but I'd love to have them for the alts I'll make as well as maybe throwing it on my crusader if it ever makes sense to do that.

I mean...I only have a single ring that I got from Act I.

I don't really have much in return to trade. I have some rift portal shards I can give in return or a few forgotten souls. Not much else yet :(

PSN: Turnbuckle47

Also - Dog$'s wizard is pretty awesome. Had fun watching him wreck everything with a quickness while doing T4 rifts yesterday :)

I have one man, if you don't get one tonight I will send it to you, some gaffer was making lots of them a few days ago, meyba he still making the, will send him a PM, hold on.

EDIT:

Is drotahorror, he was making them, sent him a PM to see if he still was.

:)

subwilde

Thanks, how do I drop into other peoples games online then? Is there a sub menu somewhere I'm missing?

Nobody is answering your question. In the main menu select quick match. Filter out what kind of game you want to play and boom, it will match you with 1-3 players!

ZenaxPure

On the subject of hellfire rings, I went to make one the other day, and I needed some weird mats I didn't have. Where do I get them?

Also, some update indicated synths would no longer require unusual mats like that, and those mats would turn gray to indicate they were junk, and their sell value was increased. So I sold all mine. But the update said they don't drop anymore, and I still seem to get them. What gives? Is this the kind of stuff I need to make a hellfire?

Hellfire ring mats come from the infernal machine stuff. You use the keys from the key wardens to craft them. That said I know people have said the keys are bugged or something on the console version? Maybe not all of them but at least one or some? I'm honestly not sure, someone else would have to elaborate. Either way, the rings are only really good for low level characters so I wouldn't craft one unless you plan to level another character.

As for the gray mats, I have no idea. One of them still drops on the PC version as well despite the fact we're already in 2.1. At this point I just assume it is meant for a weird niche joke. Anyway, they aren't useful for anything and never will be so just think of them as free gold.

Hellfire ring mats come from the infernal machine stuff. You use the keys from the key wardens to craft them. That said I know people have said the keys are bugged or something on the console version? Maybe not all of them but at least one or some? I'm honestly not sure, someone else would have to elaborate. Either way, the rings are only really good for low level characters so I wouldn't craft one unless you plan to level another character.

As for the gray mats, I have no idea. One of them still drops on the PC version as well despite the fact we're already in 2.1. At this point I just assume it is meant for a weird niche joke. Anyway, they aren't useful for anything and never will be so just think of them as free gold.
So it's safe to get rid of gray mats? And mats for the hellfire will be… white? Anything else we should be saving or trashing? How about Reusable Parts?

We've taken to salvaging everything we can't use; gray-orange. Should we be selling some or all of it to the vendor instead?

ZenaxPure

So it's safe to get rid of gray mats? And mats for the hellfire will be… white? Anything else we should be saving or trashing? How about Reusable Parts?

We've taken to salvaging everything we can't use; gray-orange. Should we be selling some or all of it to the vendor instead?

Keep: Reusable Parts, Arcane Dust, Veiled Crystals, and Forgotten Souls. Those will always be useful.

Hellfire mats are orange texted (so legendary). But, like mentioned before those are items you have to seek out through a long series of farming and grinding. It's not something you will just have lying around and accidentally get rid of.

The crafting items that aren't used anymore are stuff like Adventurer's Journal. They vendor for 50k (at least on the PC version, not sure what the price is on consoles) and do not serve a function anymore. How it worked before on the PC version before removal was that every single crafted legendary item had a specific material you needed to craft it. These dropped from specific places or unique mobs. In one of the hotfixes (which was part of the console day 1 patch) they removed the need for those items and made the unique item vendor trash. There was A LOT of these items, like 30 or 40 of them. All of them are useless now and if you have them it's best to just vendor them.

Imouto

Banned
On the subject of hellfire rings, I went to make one the other day, and I needed some weird mats I didn't have. Where do I get them?

This is a detail guide for how to get 'em. I just realize the Uber doesn't guarantee organ drop. Hunting for key is already annoying enough, and their drop rate is bad, now the organ is even worse? Honestly.

Cool. Thanks.

Okay, I'm thoroughly confused by my level 61 Moonlight Ward. When I look at the description it says it gives 6% CHC of a possible 6-10%, and 29% Arcane of a possible 20-30%. When I take it to the gypsy, she says the 6% CHC can be re-rolled as 1-10% CHC, and the 15% ADI can be rolled 10-15%.

WTF, Blizzard? =/

Playing this on PS4 for the first time and wow! Having direct control of your character with thhe controller feels great, like it was meant to be. I played through vanilla on PC when it first released and there is no going back. Great game.

Playing this on PS4 for the first time and wow! Having direct control of your character with thhe controller feels great, like it was meant to be. I played through vanilla on PC when it first released and there is no going back. Great game.

It's weird, isn't it? Before the console editions, I couldn't imagine Diablo being anything other than point-and-click.

Striek

Lost my lvl. 70 DH along with some sweet gear Q_Q

Was an insta-gib by Plague+Arcane+double Molten. Oh well, shit happens, gained about 10 paragon levels.

AEREC

It also runs so much better too with more AA.

turnbuckle

I have one man, if you don't get one tonight I will send it to you, some gaffer was making lots of them a few days ago, meyba he still making the, will send him a PM, hold on.

EDIT:

Is drotahorror, he was making them, sent him a PM to see if he still was.

:)

Thanks man!

Unfortunately... I lost that hellfire ring :/ I hopped on for a minute last night because my brother said he sent me something in the mail. I get his delivery and the hellfire ring then I turned the game off so I could watch something on netflix with the girlfriend. But like a fool I exited the game using the PS menu button rather than the in-game menu and lost your ring and whatever my brother sent me lol....

Probably karma from trying to cheese Kadala into getting me something good :(

Raptor

Thanks man!

Unfortunately... I lost that hellfire ring :/ I hopped on for a minute last night because my brother said he sent me something in the mail. I get his delivery and the hellfire ring then I turned the game off so I could watch something on netflix with the girlfriend. But like a fool I exited the game using the PS menu button rather than the in-game menu and lost your ring and whatever my brother sent me lol....

Probably karma from trying to cheese Kadala into getting me something good :(

I lost a RoRG this way, doing exactly the same lol, god damn it, lets hope drota is still making them.

EDIt:

I got the Devastator and also got the burning axe of Sankis, what is better?

also they seem to negate eachother or what? because if I use both the damage goes way down as if I put a Thunderfury there instead. On the offhand.

nikos

So what should I do after I've supposedly acquired all the best gear for my class? I'm Paragon 109, running T3 with 673k damage (Demon Hunter). I know stats can get A LOT better. Looking at gear lists, I've got pretty much everything I need.

Am I waiting for the same gear to drop but with better stats, or should I be doing something else?

So what should I do after I've supposedly acquired all the best gear for my class? I'm Paragon 109, running T3 with 673k damage (Demon Hunter). I know stats can get A LOT better. Looking at gear lists, I've got pretty much everything I need.

Am I waiting for the same gear to drop but with better stats, or should I be doing something else?

If you're only running T3 with DH then you could most certainly use some better items and/or optimize the ones you currently have by enchanting for your particular build. Have you upped the difficulty to see how your character manages?

Currently my pet build WD is tearing through T5 but I have a hard time with T6 and the insane clusters of elites, it sucks, my fetish sycophants die too quick :(

Is DH the squishiest class in the game or is it just me? I have my DH dishout out some good damage, but my wizard can take way more punishment.
I believe they are, yes. That's a Dex class, right? Dodging is great, but if you focus too heavily on it, you'll get one-shotted when the enemy is lucky enough to land a hit.

Keep in mind that I've never actually played a DH, but I'd say to try to get your armor and resistances up just a bit, so you can at least survive the attacks that make it through your dodge long enough to run away and heal.

Also, stuff like floor lava and anything else that applies damage over time is undodgeable, so make sure you always have good mobility so you can escape stuff like that. Getting frozen while standing on lava is certain doom, for example.

rataplein

well, after two months, i'm on board!

i played with 2 friends the vanilla diablo on ps3, and now, after finishing it, we stepped up to reaper of souls. (also on ps3)

i imported my characters, and played till i get to use the merchs. also leveled up to 61.

the changes are amazing, i'm really happy about everything.

i ussually play with few friends, but ill leave my psn id here, just to get a few of you people on my list, so we can give gifts to each other and play sometime!.

add me if you like: rataplein

kwabi

Just bought this one X1 last week. Loving it.

Question, am I crazy or is there no way to rez another player? Also, Is there no way to teleport to another player other than going back to town and clicking their banner? I swear on the PC version I was able to click on their face icon in the map to TP to them.

rockx4

Been trying to get Marauder pieces with no luck, only have shoulders so far. If anyone has extra pieces they wouldn't mind giving to me let me know. Wouldn't mind getting added to play with more people also. I'm currently just farming bounties in Torment 2. I'm on US PSN, user: rockx4

Paganmoon

Ok, my 2 cents on the classes, after getting a DH to 74 paragon, a Crusader just dinged 70, and a Wizard at 68, I have to say, the Wizard is by far the most boring class, last 2 levels are such a damned drag. DH was pretty fun being the first char, and a bit fun doing the main story, but the crusader is the best so far. Something really satisfying about charging into a bunch of undeads and bashing them in the face with the shield, that you just can't get with the Wizard.

HORRORSHØW

Is DH the squishiest class in the game or is it just me? I have my DH dishout out some good damage, but my wizard can take way more punishment.

yup. my dh dies in one hit even with a double unity setup. i've ditched that and went full glass cannon. besides, you can get ~7 seconds of invincibility with smoke screen if used correctly.

ScoopEE

Neo Member
You know what I just realized? It's been almost a month since I played this... I wonder how many gifts are in my mailbox?? lol...

I think all of my friends have moved on to Destiny, because I haven't seen a mailbox gift in the last two weeks and I'm constantly finding them for other friends as I play. :(

In one of the hotfixes (which was part of the console day 1 patch) they removed the need for those items and made the unique item vendor trash. There was A LOT of these items, like 30 or 40 of them. All of them are useless now and if you have them it's best to just vendor them.

You're kidding me. I have like a million's worth of gold on those items (and yes, they sell for quite a lot).

BRB, getting some free money.

Woorloog

Banned
Have intense 3-player game going on, and then the fucking game crashed while we were in a Rift (360, local multiplayer).
We had been playing for a long time but man, that doesn't mean the damn console should crash (it was a hard crash, no response from the console).
At least we didn't lose any items...

Maulik

So has the audience left for destiny as I have destiny but am now considering d3 for ps4?

Any deals out there for that version?

ZenaxPure

You're kidding me. I have like a million's worth of gold on those items (and yes, they sell for quite a lot).

BRB, getting some free money.

Nope. They were really annoying to farm so blizz just turned them into vendor trash. Like for example the Aughild set, the item needed to craft it only dropped from unique ghosts of which there are like 4 of in the game. So to farm it you basically just made a game, checked to see if any of the bounties involving named ghosts were up (such as Fecklar's Ghost or Matriarch's Bones) and if they weren't you just left the game and remade it. It was a really mind numbing process because even after you managed to farm up the item it's not like the stats were guaranteed to be good or anything when you crafted the item.

stn

Level 63 here, doing expert rift runs. How do I unlock master and the rest of the difficulties? The game has totally changed after I finally broke level 60 and 61. Got some crazy gear and I'm suddenly plowing through expert.

z3phon

I'm considering getting this game for the PS4. Is the online playerbase pretty healthy, is it easy to find players to play with online?
I already have D3:Ros on PC and played 100's of hours on it but haven't touched it since a month or two. Would appreciate to hear from someone who has the game on both PC and PS4.

Number45

Nearing level 30 on my HC Barb. Probably not the best choice, and I've had a few close shaves (on hard), but I find it by far the most satisfying class to play.

Into act 2 we go! ^_^

Looking for some advise, bought the PS4 version of the game last week and linked it to my battle.net account.
But when I try and check my battletag it states it could not be displayed and gives two reasons [inactive for an extended period of time or the profile does not exist for this region].
But I have been playing the EU version of the game online since last week. Linked the account to my EU PSN account on the eu.battle.net site.
Not sure what I need to do. I've had a look at the FAQs and forums on the battle.net site and can not seem to find an answer.

Just trying to find/check my Diablo profile.

Number45

Looking for some advise, bought the PS4 version of the game last week and linked it to my battle.net account.
But when I try and check my battletag it states it could not be displayed and gives two reasons [inactive for an extended period of time or the profile does not exist for this region].
But I have been playing the EU version of the game online since last week. Linked the account to my EU PSN account on the eu.battle.net site.
Not sure what I need to do. I've had a look at the FAQs and forums on the battle.net site and can not seem to find an answer.

Just trying to find/check my Diablo profile.
You can't check your profile online, all the linking allows you to do is get the Blizzard Signet Ring (which will be in your stash if memory serves).

junglist

My friend has been begging me to play since PS3. I don't know why I haven't started. but the gameplay from the youtube video just doesn't seem to appeal to me.

Is it one of those games where I just have to play it to appreciate it? cause honestly the gameplay footage doesnt have me hooked.

I am trying to avoid the game purchase trap that I did on PS3.. buy a game, play a few levels and then buy a new game.

Number45

My friend has been begging me to play since PS3. I don't know why I haven't started. but the gameplay from the youtube video just doesn't seem to appeal to me.

Is it one of those games where I just have to play it to appreciate it? cause honestly the gameplay footage doesnt have me hooked.

I am trying to avoid the game purchase trap that I did on PS3.. buy a game, play a few levels and then buy a new game.
If he owns it, can't you try it out on his copy? I don't think there are any demo options on any of the platforms.

You can't check your profile online, all the linking allows you to do is get the Blizzard Signet Ring (which will be in your stash if memory serves).

Thanks for the reply. So the profiles I see on peoples twitch account are just for PC?
Like this for example:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Philos-1386/hero/841560

I've tried modifying the URL to my battletag ID and changing it to the EU, but just get a 404 page.

Top Bottom