• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Number45

So, what's the deal? Played an act 5 rift last night on expert. There were a few enemies--these really tiny creatures--that took a million hits to die. They only had blue names, too, so I don't think they were elites. Their names said they were arcane enchanted. How do I kill them faster? Using a lvl. 65 crusader.
Blue are elites - they just turn up in packs as opposed to single (purple/yellow). The amount of health is type specific and they can also roll with extra health. With that said, I wonder if they were the frog type enemies that constantly burrow underground? They're a pain in the arse!

In terms of killing them quicker, increase your DPS or try and stun the buggers so that they can't burrow.

turnbuckle

Grimløck;132548261 said:
spent the last couple of days gambling for a quiver that does not exist in this build lol. really wish they would tell you in what build the items were introduced. on the other hand, got a bunch of stuff playing with helscream as usual. 2 legendaries and 1 set piece from one elite mob and a bunch of legendaries by torment's end.

By6EZTdCIAAVLsf.jpg

By6Ee53CIAA8ENt.jpg

What difficulty are you playing on? I'm doing T2 right now and not seeing many legendary drops but I had a fair bit of gold/green beams the other day while doing T4 with Dog$ and his crew. It's pretty amazing the difference in legendary drops going from solo T2 to 4 player T4. I can't wait until I'm able to bump myself up the ranks myself.

stn

Blue are elites - they just turn up in packs as opposed to single (purple/yellow). The amount of health is type specific and they can also roll with extra health. With that said, I wonder if they were the frog type enemies that constantly burrow underground? They're a pain in the arse!

In terms of killing them quicker, increase your DPS or try and stun the buggers so that they can't burrow.
I guess you could say they're frogs? They're tiny and hop around. Also, these mountain walls were constantly spawning and getting me stuck. Honestly, it was sooooooo infuriating fighting them all and getting stuck without being able to move or see myself. First time I actually raged and had a moment of "I hate this game".

Number45

Yeah, the wallers can be a pain in the ass. Getting walled with arcane enchanted isn't pretty! As you gear up you'll be in a better place to survive them, and there are specific items that make arcane enchanted for example utterly trivial.

I've been stuck trying to reach lvl70. Adventure mode is fun, but mostly everything in acts 2-5 kick the shit out of me and I haven't gotten a decent piece of equipment since act 5 around lvl 60. Should I just keep restarting adventure mode and playing act 1? I'm at that point were if I don't get over this hump I will most likely stop playing.

turnbuckle

I guess you could say they're frogs? They're tiny and hop around. Also, these mountain walls were constantly spawning and getting me stuck. Honestly, it was sooooooo infuriating fighting them all and getting stuck without being able to move or see myself. First time I actually raged and had a moment of "I hate this game".

Wallers are really freaking annoying, especially in confined areas. Getting walled in a keep or cavern with posion/molten/arcane elites can be death of the most frustrating variety.

One thing I loved about my barbarian was being able to jump over those damned walls. I don't like the leap ability nearly as much on the console version though. Much harder to aim or take shortcuts with it when you're not able to point to your destination. I would much prefer the right stick be mappable for moving a cursor along the ground targeting where you'd want to shoot a projectile / teleport / leap / do an aoe attack.

Number45

Yeah, I'm playing Barb in HC at the moment and leap is unpredictable. The time difference between a tap and holding it is pretty slim as well.

Raptor

The stuff Crazie gave me put me on 290k DPS could go to Torment now and melt all, I can go to T2 aswell but I dont have the necessary gear, non of the MoTE set has dropepd yet, I will farm T1 untill I get it.

Keep trying to get a socket on the Devastator without luck for 3 nights in a row lols.

I had 89% more fire damage lols, damn, but I change constantly gloves so sometimes I am at the 50+%, that is enough though, since I don't have the Lut Socks yet Im using a Battle Rage skill untill I get it.

Audioboxer

I got a gift of Akkhans gloves in the mail from someone on my friends list, a slight improvement over mine (which were still really good). Anyone need a set of gloves?

Raptor

I got a gift of Akkhans gloves in the mail from someone on my friends list, a slight improvement over mine (which were still really good). Anyone need a set of gloves?

I sent you a gift last night, I could use those gloves, I already have the pauldrouns, so gloves would be nice lol.

turnbuckle

The stuff Crazie gave me put me on 290k DPS could go to Torment now and melt all, I can go to T2 aswell but I dont have the necessary gear, non of the MoTE set has dropepd yet, I will farm T1 untill I get it.

Keep trying to get a socket on the Devastator without luck for 3 nights in a row lols.

I had 89% more fire damage lols, damn, but I change constantly gloves so sometimes I am at the 50+%, that is enough though, since I don't have the Lut Socks yet Im using a Battle Rage skill untill I get it.

I don't have a headset so I can't really communicate in the game but I'd do some T1 or T2 bounties with ya if I see you on. I probably don't have anything that would be an upgrade for you - definitely no barb-specific gear - but I'll look through my stash and see.

I got a good pair of Akkhan gloves to drop for me the other day. Good strength and crit chance and attack speed roll, but also rolled vitality. Debating whether I want to roll on attack speed or vitality to go for crit damage. The 700ish vitality they give me are definitely helping my survivability in T2 atm so I haven't touched em yet.

Audioboxer

I sent you a gift last night, I could use those gloves, I already have the pauldrouns, so gloves would be nice lol.

Okay doke, will send over, what's your PSN?

xRaptor_1?

I've actually got two pairs, I'll send both and you can choose a pair and then offer the others up to someone else.

I got Shi Mizu's Haori from you. Interesting piece lol - While below 23% health all attacks are guaranteed criticals.

mr lurtle

Hate to ask but anybody got some decent Crusader gear except die Akkhan set? Could not find any improvements in ages and am sick of playing only on T2.
I have some Akkhan parts for trade (can't remember which.. have to look when I get home)
PSN ID: dmnk

Raptor

Okay doke, will send over, what's your PSN?

xRaptor_1?

I've actually got two pairs, I'll send both and you can choose a pair and then offer the others up to someone else.

I got Shi Mizu's Haori from you. Interesting piece lol - While below 23% health all attacks are guaranteed criticals.

Alright yes thats me :), will check on tonight and see what are teh best for me and offer the other stuff, thanks.

Hate to ask but anybody got some decent Crusader gear except die Akkhan set? Could not find any improvements in ages and am sick of playing only on T2.
I have some Akkhan parts for trade (can't remember which.. have to look when I get home)
PSN ID: dmnk

Will add you tonight too, the more people the better, Im starting to get Nemesys again thank god, love them horns!

:p

Raptor

I don't have a headset so I can't really communicate in the game but I'd do some T1 or T2 bounties with ya if I see you on. I probably don't have anything that would be an upgrade for you - definitely no barb-specific gear - but I'll look through my stash and see.

I got a good pair of Akkhan gloves to drop for me the other day. Good strength and crit chance and attack speed roll, but also rolled vitality. Debating whether I want to roll on attack speed or vitality to go for crit damage. The 700ish vitality they give me are definitely helping my survivability in T2 atm so I haven't touched em yet.

I saw you last night playing man, but I was debating if I join you or not, I don't want to annoy or anything like that, is ok if I see you to join?

I can't talk either since I play when my wife and daughter are sleeping but we can work something out like signs or something lol.

carlsojo

I've been stuck trying to reach lvl70. Adventure mode is fun, but mostly everything in acts 2-5 kick the shit out of me and I haven't gotten a decent piece of equipment since act 5 around lvl 60. Should I just keep restarting adventure mode and playing act 1? I'm at that point were if I don't get over this hump I will most likely stop playing.

What difficulty are you playing on? Everything scales to your level.

turnbuckle

I saw you last night playing man, but I was debating if I join you or not, I don't want to annoy or anything like that, is ok if I see you to join?

I can't talk either since I play when my wife and daughter are sleeping but we can work something out like signs or something lol.

hahahaha, yeah, i pretty much only play on weekdays at night when my girlfriend is sleeping next to me. We don't have any children but recently found out she's pregnant, so I need to be extra careful to take precautions not to wake her when she passes out. I wear headphones so I can listen in on the game but can't talk :p. I basically just do bounties and return to town; though if I'm in the area where the key warden is at in an act I'll search for that guy and try to kill him too. I try to stick together with whomever I'm in a party with; if I get too far behind I'll port to town and hit their banner to warp to em.

I do pick up most blues and all golds, whether they're upgrades or not. Either to salvage or to sell. Lately I've been selling so I can start spending on upgrading my other gems. I've heard the new patch lowers the price for gem upgrades, but who knows when we'll be getting that one!

Feel free to hop on if you see me. If I bail out unexpectedly but am still online it's because I'm doing some Kadala or enchant gambling. I'm sitting on almost 500 shards again :p.

Raptor

hahahaha, yeah, i pretty much only play on weekdays at night when my girlfriend is sleeping next to me. We don't have any children but recently found out she's pregnant, so I need to be extra careful to take precautions not to wake her when she passes out. I wear headphones so I can listen in on the game but can't talk :p. I basically just do bounties and return to town; though if I'm in the area where the key warden is at in an act I'll search for that guy and try to kill him too. I try to stick together with whomever I'm in a party with; if I get too far behind I'll port to town and hit their banner to warp to em.

I do pick up most blues and all golds, whether they're upgrades or not. Either to salvage or to sell. Lately I've been selling so I can start spending on upgrading my other gems. I've heard the new patch lowers the price for gem upgrades, but who knows when we'll be getting that one!

Feel free to hop on if you see me. If I bail out unexpectedly but am still online it's because I'm doing some Kadala or enchant gambling. I'm sitting on almost 500 shards again :p.

Alright :) will do, I play with my Gold's but like you I can't talk lols.

I pick up Yellow and Purples too to make gems aswell but they are superexpensive right now that I can't even craft a flawless Emerald yet :(

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Kadala gave me 3 brown Jerams (one at 99% pet damage), and a few Grin Reapers and Jades before I got a Quetz. Still no Carnivale, oddly enough.

Despite having the Jade/Quetz set up I'm rather disappointed with how that performs overall. It just takes too long for everything to work (not to mention the near total absence of CC - Piranado doesn't seem to flow well with Harvest pops). I might look to making fire Dogs/Tallmans in the future if I care to make a second attempt at an end game WD.

turnbuckle

Alright :) will do, I play with my Gold's but like you I can't talk lols.

I pick up Yellow and Purples too to make gems aswell but they are superexpensive right now that I can't even craft a flawless Emerald yet :(

Are you talking a Flawless Royal Emerald? It took me awhile to get to that...was debating on the benefit of an extra 5% crit damage on my 2-hander. In the end I decided to go for it anyways, though it barely boosted my DPS. But every little bit counts, right?

I still don't have any flawless royal rubies. I swear I'm getting way more diamonds than anything else and the rubies are hardly ever dropping lately.

USC-fan

Banned
Looking for active PS4 players to send loot. Really sucks that we dont have clan support on ps4.

PSN- FEAR_the_SPUR

sick of sending loot to people not playing.

turnbuckle

Looking for active PS4 players to send loot. Really sucks that we dont have clan support on ps4.

PSN- FEAR_the_SPUR

sick of sending loot to people not playing.

Sent ya a PM.

I'll be playing for a bit tonight after the Tigers-Orioles game for anyone that's interested and able to do stuff on Torment II. :)

Raptor

Are you talking a Flawless Royal Emerald? It took me awhile to get to that...was debating on the benefit of an extra 5% crit damage on my 2-hander. In the end I decided to go for it anyways, though it barely boosted my DPS. But every little bit counts, right?

I still don't have any flawless royal rubies. I swear I'm getting way more diamonds than anything else and the rubies are hardly ever dropping lately.
Yes those ones, the very last ones, expensive as all hell.

turnbuckle

Yes those ones, the very last ones, expensive as all hell.

If you haven't already, I'd upgrade your rubies to the next-to-last level first before plunking more gold down on the emerald. I think each level of ruby gives an extra 60 strength over the previous one which should do more for you than the 5 crit damage bonus.

Of course, eventually we want to get all of these gems maxed out. I just lamented the slight boost I got from upgrading my emerald - the cost of unsocketing + eating up two other gems + 500,000 gold.

But we'll be laughing at those prices in due time as we keep killing things and loot / gold flows like wine :)

Raptor

If you haven't already, I'd upgrade your rubies to the next-to-last level first before plunking more gold down on the emerald. I think each level of ruby gives an extra 60 strength over the previous one which should do more for you than the 5 crit damage bonus.

Of course, eventually we want to get all of these gems maxed out. I just lamented the slight boost I got from upgrading my emerald - the cost of unsocketing + eating up two other gems + 500,000 gold.

But we'll be laughing at those prices in due time as we keep killing things and loot / gold flows like wine :)

Grimlock or laconic I think they have like 400+ million gold lols.

Damn

I'm not sure what mobility skills a sader has, but when you lose track of your toon, hold R3; it makes you glow like a legendary. Super useful.

Tiops

Can someone share a good Crusader build guide, please? There's a lot of stuff around forums everywhere, but you never know what's really good. I want to focus in something and don't waste time with a weak character.

Trigonx

After dumping probably a similar number of shards myself I saw the long awaited name on a Kadala hat - Mask of Jeram yesterday! :D

... then noticed it was the green one :<

Happened to me last week as well. I am still looking for it, but not playing much D3 as of late.

Edit: Ok...It's only been a few minutes from posting this post, and Kadala pulled through for me. Weird how that works out.

Audioboxer

Determined to keep my Gyrfalcon's Foote and Jekangbord combo for as long as possible instead of continuing to try and get a good Fate of Fell.

Brought shield bash back into my rotation. T4 is cleared fine, T5 brings a little challenge.

Think I just need to focus on getting some of my gear with better rolls.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
add me people, need loot to bump my crusader and party with people who actually play the game
PSN: nortonff

Night Elve

Neo Member
I really love this game and I have been playing almost daily (PS4) but one thing that it is really frustrating is that as soon as you join T3 - T6 you see a lot of people using modified gear (Russian weapons and gear with 3 gems sockets) and that breaks the fun for everyone, I really don't get thet joy of playing with modified gear.

Other than that the game is really fun to play and I'm still trying to complete the Marauder Set (Im missing the Marauders Helm & Boots).

xclk07

Can someone share a good Crusader build guide, please? There's a lot of stuff around forums everywhere, but you never know what's really good. I want to focus in something and don't waste time with a weak character.

May I second this request? It's hard to tell what the "end goal" should be with some loot.

For example, the last few posts talk about how important a Mask of Jarem is for a pet doctor build. Though a resource like battle.net might list all the possible equipment, I would've have realized that's a specific end-game piece of loot since the required level (31) is so low. What's the best approach for build optimization if one doesn't know the end result?

I really love this game and I have been playing almost daily (PS4) but one thing that it is really frustrating is that as soon as you join T3 - T6 you see a lot of people using modified gear (Russian weapons and gear with 3 gems sockets) and that breaks the fun for everyone, I really don't get thet joy of playing with modified gear.

Other than that the game is really fun to play and I'm still trying to complete the Marauder Set (Im missing the Marauders Helm & Boots).
Play with GAF members instead of randoms. That will make it less likely to happen.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Haven't sent/received a gift or battled a Nemesis in a long time now.

I need more friends that are playing this game, so please add me!
PSN- ShinultramanJ

I'm currently around level 62 and am doing the bounties and such on hard mode. Might have to bump up the difficulty though as I'm just steamrolling through enemies right now.

subwilde

All the gaffers I added a while ago are still playing Destiny >:eek:

Gonna scrape thru the last couple pages and get a few new PSN brahs to play with.

In the mean time...PSN- aewilde

ScoopEE

Neo Member
Restarted my Hardcore campaign with a WD, so I can stay out of trouble and not die 9 LEVELS FROM THE ACHIEVEMENT... I'm not bitter.

But man, it's taking FOREVER to level. Either I've got bad gear or a bad run, but I was flying through the game with my DH and now I'm slugging through Act 1. Am I doing something wrong? Only playing on Normal still as I don't have the gear to own on Hard or higher.

Matt Frost

I have a spare ThunderFury sword if anyone wants it :)

Also, I have two Jordan Rings, Fire and Electricity, if anyone wants to change them for an ice one?

PSN: THEFROSTYS

ZenaxPure

May I second this request? It's hard to tell what the "end goal" should be with some loot.

For example, the last few posts talk about how important a Mask of Jarem is for a pet doctor build. Though a resource like battle.net might list all the possible equipment, I would've have realized that's a specific end-game piece of loot since the required level (31) is so low. What's the best approach for build optimization if one doesn't know the end result?

Well, something to keep in mind is that gear scales to the level you get it at. So even though you can get a MoJ starting at level 31, if you get one at 70 it will have level 70 stats.

As for crusader builds. The two strongest builds until 2.1 are the holy shotgun and firestarter builds. Both require Akkhan to work (ideally hat, shoulders, gloves, chest, and either pants or boots with a RoRG) and then for firestarter you want a 1h flail called Darklight and holy shotgun wants a 2h flail called Fate of the Fell. Just google the name of the build you should be able to find tons of in depth resources for each one (though some of them may have 2.1 info in them now so you have to pay attention).

Of course those are just items you aim for though, before that you can use any sort of build you want.

So, if I take a fresh piece of gear to the gypsy and examine the possible outcomes for every slot on it, that'll tell me everything that gear can ever possibly roll? Like, if slot 1 shows me damage, CHC, and LoH, there's no way another piece of the same gear would have elemental skill, CHD, and resist all in that slot, right?

I don't suppose any enterprising soul has compiled such information in to a nice, searchable database, have they? Like, if I'm looking for CHC or Healing Globe Bonus, it would be nice to know where to look for it. Aren't certain stats only available on certain slots? Like, I know APoC only comes up on hats and orbs. Does CHC only appear on bracers and rings, or anything like that? Like, I know what I'm looking for to improve our builds, but I'm not sure how to go about finding it. For example, I may not want to roll CHC on to yet another slot if that's one of only two slots that can give me LoH at all.

Top Bottom