• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I picked up the game for PS4 today after being away from D3 since before Loot was fixed in the PC version.

I'm pretty much starting fresh and playing in Japan, but let me know if you wanna kill demons with me! My PSN account is thetrin. I miss playing Diablo with people.

I picked up the game for PS4 today after being away from D3 since before Loot was fixed in the PC version.

I'm pretty much starting fresh and playing in Japan, but let me know if you wanna kill demons with me! My PSN account is thetrin. I miss playing Diablo with people.
I tried to add you, but it didn't seem to go through. It still had the Send Request button after I'd send the first invite, but it gave me an error when I tried again.

Anyway, feel free to add me and weetziestarr. We don't get to play much, but we're good for gifts, if nothing else. :p

Raptor

Anyone want akkan pauldrons?

I Want everything lols.

But you have giving me a lot now so if anyone wants them they can have it.

This game is soo good that Im not finished with my barbarian and I already have a few builds I want to make, Crusader, Wizard, etc.

It really never ends with this game.

Krayzie

I Want everything lols.

But you have giving me a lot now so if anyone wants them they can have it.

This game is soo good that Im not finished with my barbarian and I already have a few builds I want to make, Crusader, Wizard, etc.

It really never ends with this game.

I fully get what you mean. The versatility in this game is what keeps me going.
I've got so much loot with so many unique attributes to various skills that I can easily swap around builds and ensure I never have a dull moment.

Only gripe I have so far is the manner in which you open rifts.
It's such a tedious and meaningless task. Blizzard should remedy this.

Anyway i'll send you the pauldrons Raptor. Seems like my luck with leg drops has been pretty good :) Let me know if ur looking for anything in particular. Just got a leg wizard staff with arcane dmg I'm gonna scrap unless you or someone else wants.

stn

I don't mean to pester but can someone tell me why master and above difficulty levels are all locked? I'm playing on expert and am level 63. Have beaten the full game once. I've only tried changing the difficulty in-game, not from the main menu. Might that be it? Thanks.

Raptor

I fully get what you mean. The versatility in this game is what keeps me going.
I've got so much loot with so many unique attributes to various skills that I can easily swap around builds and ensure I never have a dull moment.

Only gripe I have so far is the manner in which you open rifts.
It's such a tedious and meaningless task. Blizzard should remedy this.

Anyway i'll send you the pauldrons Raptor. Seems like my luck with leg drops has been pretty good :) Let me know if ur looking for anything in particular. Just got a leg wizard staff with arcane dmg I'm gonna scrap unless you or someone else wants.

10661642_102047800035bnjes.jpg

Thats my build, I keep looking for a Sunkeeper with decent stats and I got a Crusader great drop last night lols.

Any Crusader or barbarian gear is awesome for me, I have a Skorn with a Socket, really great one but Im still waiting for the money to craft a flawless emerald to put on there and maybe experimetn with it so far the Devastator and thunderfury are melting everything.

Im rocking the Cindercoat too :)

I don't mean to pester but can someone tell me why master and above difficulty levels are all locked? I'm playing on expert and am level 63. Have beaten the full game once. I've only tried changing the difficulty in-game, not from the main menu. Might that be it? Thanks.

yup
game settings:campaign:select difficulty:boom

Krayzie

Well you can only change the difficulty by one in-game. As in go up or down one difficulty level.

Try it on the main menu. You should be able to select any desired difficulty level from there.

Matriox

This is exactly the problem. If you only change the difficulty from in game you can only go up or down 1 difficulty from your chosen difficulty. Change it from the main menu to select higher difficulties.

Krayzie

Thats my build, I keep looking for a Sunkeeper with decent stats and I got a Crusader great drop last night lols.

Any Crusader or barbarian gear is awesome for me, I have a Skorn with a Socket, really great one but Im still waiting for the money to craft a flawless emerald to put on there and maybe experimetn with it so far the Devastator and thunderfury are melting everything.

Im rocking the Cindercoat too :)

Tell you what m8.
If you can come on9 in a bit, I'll show you all the gear I'm willing to spare.
And I can give you a flawless royal emerald as well.

Needed a small clarification. There are Torment and Adventure mode exclusive items and legendaries correct?
That is Adventure Mode with Torment difficulty is the only way to get ALL possible items?

Also, during my first play-through with my Crusader, I never found the Whimsyshire items
Any reason? Do they only appear in Adventure mode?

Raptor

Timezone's a bitch innit :p
Maybe some other time then.

I sent you the akkan shoulders along with some other leg items that may help you.
Keep whatever you want but send the others back yea :)

What timezone are you?

Im Central like now is 2:06pm here.

I dont think I have seen you online yet, I think I sent you a gift last night, probably some low level item but it surprised me since I rarely get gift drops.

Krayzie

What timezone are you?

Im Central like now is 2:06pm here.

I dont think I have seen you online yet, I think I sent you a gift last night, probably some low level item but it surprised me since I rarely get gift drops.

Lol. Its 3.10am where i'm at. Malaysia
Surprised you hardly get gift drops. I get at least one each time I play. (Got 3 gifts today, 2 to destiny migrates)
I do torment 4 rifts though, if it actually matters.

Raptor

Lol. Its 3.10am where i'm at. Malaysia
Surprised you hardly get gift drops. I get at least one each time I play. (Got 3 gifts today, 2 to destiny migrates)
I do torment 4 rifts though, if it actually matters.

T4 damn O_O

I think of 50 friends I have only like 10 play Diablo 3 everyone has migrated to Destiny or any other game :(

Good thing we still are a handfull here that play, Im adding eevryone that puts up a PSN name here lols.

explorer

I am on Xbox One and I am looking for HARDCORE mode characters to play with and send gifts to. Add me via GT 'Johnny Wadd.' I am currently level 30 playing normal...!

LowerLevel

I am on Xbox One and I am looking for HARDCORE mode characters to play with and send gifts to. Add me via GT 'Johnny Wadd.' I am currently level 30 playing normal...!

Mine isn't 30 yet, but I am working in it when I do have the chance to play it. Hardcore wizard. Will add you next time I play! Same for you if you choose.

How does Overpower work? Crits from other skills can cool it down, right? Then if a Whirlwind tick crits, every mob hit by that tick has a 13% chance to take 1s off the cooldown, as dictated by its pcf?

Also, what's the area covered by a Whirlwind tick? Does each tick cover the full circle around the barb, or just a third of it?

Jonm1010

Banned
Two questions.

I am a wizard. The stats I need to be concerned with are primarily Vitality, Intelligence followed by Arcane and then the buffs I want like exp, life per sec, life after kill etc.? Nothing else really matters?

Also I asked this before and was told to turn the game to hard, but does the game jump in difficulty strongly on a second play through? I'm in act 3 and frankly I rarely ever die(maybe twice in 2 acts) even on hard. Maybe my expectations were too high coming from dark souls 2 but even in borderlands I felt like there were points where I needed to tread lightly, not go to yet or level up. I guess because everything has came so easily the lure of finding legendary weapons and new levels hasn't resonated because I haven't been challenged yet.

I like the game don't get me wrong.

Dalek

Any suggestions for Level 70 Witch Doctor in as far as Skills? I can't seem to get a decent Legendary Weapon so my damage output is crap for now. I've been rolling with Zombie Dogs, Gargantuan, Spirit Walk and Acid Cloud.

ZenaxPure

How does Overpower work? Crits from other skills can cool it down, right? Then if a Whirlwind tick crits, every mob hit by that tick has a 13% chance to take 1s off the cooldown, as dictated by its pcf?

Also, what's the area covered by a Whirlwind tick? Does each tick cover the full circle around the barb, or just a third of it?

Yes, everything going through your mind right now is correct. This was the basis of the original WW build in vanilla D3 (before they started buffing other skills and nerfing WW/Sprint: RLTW proc coefficients). It's still personally my favorite thing in the game in regards to mechanics and active skill synergy (and the reason I fell in love with the game originally haha).

WW covers the entire area around you in a full circle and Overpower is effected by every skill you have that deals yellow hits. So basically the idea is that you use WW to pass through mobs and get on top of them which then allows you to drop tornadoes on them that tick multiple times per second (from the Sprint rune Run Like the Wind). This gives you multiple damage ticks per second which allows Overpower to be almost spammed in dense packs of enemies as the cooldown is constantly being reset.

Mechanically it still works that way (even though they have nerfed the proc coefficients of those skills over time) the real problem is it just doesn't offer enough damage because current D3 is a game based around finding items that give huge power increases to specific skills, but, none of those skills have legendary items currently. This changes a bit in 2.1, but, that is not really relevant to your question or the console version right now.

I am a wizard. The stats I need to be concerned with are primarily Vitality, Intelligence followed by Arcane and then the buffs I want like exp, life per sec, life after kill etc.? Nothing else really matters?

Also I asked this before and was told to turn the game to hard, but does the game jump in difficulty strongly on a second play through? I'm in act 3 and frankly I rarely ever die(maybe twice in 2 acts) even on hard.

To your first question, no. It's a bit more complicated than I want to explain right now, but, what stats are good for you are determined by your build (since not every stat is useful for every build). But a general guideline that is followed by every build is that you want your primary stat (so int in your case), critical hit chance, and critical hit damage. Also it doesn't really matter until you are max level anyhow.

As for your other question, there is no second playthrough. After you beat the story you never go back as you will spend all your time in adventure mode. I mentioned this in the PC thread when you originally mis-asked there, but, the game right now is a very different game than at max level. Right now you are just learning how your class works and how all the different skills and runes work. Basically at max level your goal is to move up the 6 torment difficulties, but, since you aren't gaining new levels the amount of stats you can get from gear stops and at the same time the difficulty starts ramping up in a crazy manner. Each step of torment is about 75% harder than the previous which is where the game changes considerably. It becomes a faster game where you are trying to kill enemies very quickly because they can also kill you quickly. Fights that take you a minute or more now will only take seconds at that point.

It's not something that really translates to text well, you kind of just have to see for yourself. Once you are playing what people often call the real game (though I think the meat of the game is a bit of a better description) the threat of death is very real at all times.

T4 damn O_O

I think of 50 friends I have only like 10 play Diablo 3 everyone has migrated to Destiny or any other game :(

Good thing we still are a handfull here that play, Im adding eevryone that puts up a PSN name here lols.

I'm still on the PS3 version, but I'm buying a PS4 and switching over this weekend. Already have my save uploaded. PSN name is the same as my GAF name.

Yes, everything going through your mind right now is correct.
Okay, cool, and as always, thanks for the detailed reply. <3

Yeah, I was trying to figure out what kind of uptime she could expect from Killing Spree based on how many mobs she was grinding with WW. It didn't even occur to me to add DoT in to the mix, so thanks for that. Would stuff like Pox Faulds and Thunderfury cool it off as well?

Mechanically it still works that way (even though they have nerfed the proc coefficients of those skills over time) the real problem is it just doesn't offer enough damage because current D3 is a game based around finding items that give huge power increases to specific skills, but, none of those skills have legendary items currently. This changes a bit in 2.1, but, that is not really relevant to your question or the console version right now.
Well, this isn't for right now anyway. lol We don't play a lot, so we're really at the mercy of RNG. I discovered the IK set the other day, so I'd been toying with what she might be able to do with her freed slot if she didn't need her triple-DfA for fury generation any more. Of course, she may never find a single IK piece, much less three or more. I think she has like 4% CDR right now. :p

As Zenax said, it'll mostly depend on your build. Some stuff is "always" useful, like crit chance, but other stuff is kind of situational. Depending on the skills you've chosen, you may benefit more from resource cost reduction, or cooldown reduction may be better for you instead. If your skills give you a lot of resists, you may want to keep an eye out for Armor++ on your gear. You want gear that accentuates the strengths of your skills, while also balancing their deficiencies.

Also I asked this before and was told to turn the game to hard, but does the game jump in difficulty strongly on a second play through? I'm in act 3 and frankly I rarely ever die(maybe twice in 2 acts) even on hard. Maybe my expectations were too high coming from dark souls 2 but even in borderlands I felt like there were points where I needed to tread lightly, not go to yet or level up. I guess because everything has came so easily the lure of finding legendary weapons and new levels hasn't resonated because I haven't been challenged yet.
There are like 8 difficulty levels above the one you're playing. I'm sure you can find one that suits you. ;)

ZenaxPure

Yeah, I was trying to figure out what kind of uptime she could expect from Killing Spree based on how many mobs she was grinding. It didn't even occur to me to add DoT in to the mix, so thanks for that. Would stuff like Pox Faulds and Thunderfury cool it off as well?

Well, this isn't for right now anyway. lol We don't play a lot, so we're really at the mercy of RNG. I discovered the IK set the other day, so I'd been toying with what she might be able to do with her freed slot if she didn't need her triple-DfA for fury generation any more. Of course, she may never find a single IK piece, much less three or more. I think she has like 4% CDR right now. :p

Not entirely sure if item procs contribute to cooldown reduction of Overpower to be honest, never really thought about it much since when the build first became popular there really weren't a lot of items with damage procs in the game and the proc coefficients of WW and RLTW were way higher than they are now so it didn't matter.

In the console version of the game the IK set is the best source of fury generation actually just because the 4 piece makes the ancients last forever and one of the ancient's runes makes it so any time they attack they also generate you 4 fury (and there is 3 ancients obviously). Combined with Tasker and Theo (rare gloves that increase pet attack speed by 40-50%) and they can generate fury faster than you can spend for everything except Boulder Toss (since it consumes your entire bar). Of course that doesn't help much anyway since as you move up through torment difficulties barbarian spenders become more and more worthless...

You want gear that accentuates the strengths of your skills, while also balancing their deficiencies.
I would also add that — especially when you're still learning the game — you shouldn't be afraid to do the opposite, and let your gear dictate your build. If you find some sweet piece of gear that gives a 20% bonus to some element or skill you've never even used, instead of simply salvaging it, see if you can work it in to your current build. If you can't, see if you can come up with an entirely different build which does incorporate it.

Be like water.

Not entirely sure if item procs contribute to cooldown reduction of Overpower to be honest, never really thought about it much since when the build first became popular there really weren't a lot of items with damage procs in the game and the proc coefficients of WW and RLTW were way higher than they are now so it didn't matter.

In the console version of the game the IK set is the best source of fury generation actually just because the 4 piece makes the ancients last forever and one of the ancient's runes makes it so any time they attack they also generate you 4 fury (and there is 3 ancients obviously). Combined with Tasker and Theo (rare gloves that increase pet attack speed by 40-50%) and they can generate fury faster than you can spend for everything except Boulder Toss (since it consumes your entire bar). Of course that doesn't help much anyway since as you move up through torment difficulties barbarian spenders become more and more worthless...
lol That's cool. We're just getting a handle on T2, so maybe most of this stuff will get fixed by the time we're hitting that particular wall. Looking at the PC Guide, it looks like 2.1 is gonna give her high-tick, Bloodthirsy Wind Shear a huge healing boost, at least. ^^

Jonm1010

Banned
Yes, everything going through your mind right now is correct. This was the basis of the original WW build in vanilla D3 (before they started buffing other skills and nerfing WW/Sprint: RLTW proc coefficients). It's still personally my favorite thing in the game in regards to mechanics and active skill synergy (and the reason I fell in love with the game originally haha).

WW covers the entire area around you in a full circle and Overpower is effected by every skill you have that deals yellow hits. So basically the idea is that you use WW to pass through mobs and get on top of them which then allows you to drop tornadoes on them that tick multiple times per second (from the Sprint rune Run Like the Wind). This gives you multiple damage ticks per second which allows Overpower to be almost spammed in dense packs of enemies as the cooldown is constantly being reset.

To your first question, no. It's a bit more complicated than I want to explain right now, but, what stats are good for you are determined by your build (since not every stat is useful for every build). But a general guideline that is followed by every build is that you want your primary stat (so int in your case), critical hit chance, and critical hit damage. Also it doesn't really matter until you are max level anyhow.

As for your other question, there is no second playthrough. After you beat the story you never go back as you will spend all your time in adventure mode. I mentioned this in the PC thread when you originally mis-asked there, but, the game right now is a very different game than at max level. Right now you are just learning how your class works and how all the different skills and runes work. Basically at max level your goal is to move up the 6 torment difficulties, but, since you aren't gaining new levels the amount of stats you can get from gear stops and at the same time the difficulty starts ramping up in a crazy manner. Each step of torment is about 75% harder than the previous which is where the game changes considerably. It becomes a faster game where you are trying to kill enemies very quickly because they can also kill you quickly. Fights that take you a minute or more now will only take seconds at that point.

It's not something that really translates to text well, you kind of just have to see for yourself. Once you are playing what people often call the real game (though I think the meat of the game is a bit of a better description) the threat of death is very real at all times.

Okay, cool, and as always, thanks for the detailed reply. <3

Yeah, I was trying to figure out what kind of uptime she could expect from Killing Spree based on how many mobs she was grinding with WW. It didn't even occur to me to add DoT in to the mix, so thanks for that. Would stuff like Pox Faulds and Thunderfury cool it off as well?

As Zenax said, it'll mostly depend on your build. Some stuff is "always" useful, like crit chance, but other stuff is kind of situational. Depending on the skills you've chosen, you may benefit more from resource cost reduction, or cooldown reduction may be better for you instead. If your skills give you a lot of resists, you may want to keep an eye out for Armor++ on your gear. You want gear that accentuates the strengths of your skills, while also balancing their deficiencies.

There are like 8 difficulty levels above the one you're playing. I'm sure you can find one that suits you. ;)

Thank you all for taking the time to explain all that to me. I definitely feel like I may have miscalculated what I should be looking at in the stats department. I pretty much just focused on Int and Vitality.

The next part of the game seems like things get really interesting after the campaign. Makes me kind of want to just rush through the campaign instead of scouring every crevice of the map and every side-cave.

ZenaxPure

The next part of the game seems like things get really interesting after the campaign. Makes me kind of want to just rush through the campaign instead of scouring every crevice of the map and every side-cave.

Part of me wants to tell you to take the time and explore everything but if I'm being honest fuck the story mode in D3 rush through that shit because adventure mode is way more enjoyable and you visit the same locations anyway (just without all the characters blabbering).

Jonm1010

Banned
Part of me wants to tell you to take the time and explore everything but if I'm being honest fuck the story mode in D3 rush through that shit because adventure mode is way more enjoyable and you visit the same locations anyway (just without all the characters blabbering).

Haha. I mean it's in my nature to pretty much explore most of a map but I might skip a few caves here and there if I start feeling things dragging out to finish the story mode.

Adventure mode sounds like where I am going to really love the game.

Kak.efes

Joined a dozen or so public matches, and each had players sporting exploited gear that allowed them to clear T6 rifts with minimal effort. I knew it was bad, but I had no idea it was that widespread and rampant.

On the other hand, I gained ten paragon levels in an hours time.

HORRORSHØW

spent the last couple of days gambling for a quiver that does not exist in this build lol. really wish they would tell you in what build the items were introduced. on the other hand, got a bunch of stuff playing with helscream as usual. 2 legendaries and 1 set piece from one elite mob and a bunch of legendaries by torment's end.

By6EZTdCIAAVLsf.jpg

By6Ee53CIAA8ENt.jpg

Imouto

Banned
Grimløck;132548261 said:
spent the last couple of days gambling for a quiver that does not exist in this build lol. really wish they would tell you in what build the items were introduced. on the other hand, got a bunch of stuff playing with helscream as usual. 2 legendaries and 1 set piece from one elite mob and a bunch of legendaries by torment's end.

By6EZTdCIAAVLsf.jpg

By6Ee53CIAA8ENt.jpg

Damn. Are you playing on T6? I'm still at T3 and I have trouble finding a good legendary.

Imouto

Banned
Grimløck;132548492 said:
what class are you playing as? i have stuff stashed up.

Ha ha, thank for the offer, but I prefer getting stuffs on my own. It's just that for the last several days nothing worthwhile came up so I kinda wonder should I up the difficulty or not. People have been telling me to stay at the difficulty where I can kill stuff quickly, and now I'm at 560k dps but I'm still playing at T3.

Feel like I've been stuck with the pet build since the day I got the ring that combine all of your pet dog into one, and haven't been able to choose anything else.

HORRORSHØW

Ha ha, thank for the offer, but I prefer getting stuffs on my own. It's just that for the last several days nothing worthwhile came up so I kinda wonder should I up the difficulty or not. People have been telling me to stay at the difficulty where I can kill stuff quickly, and now I'm at 560k dps but I'm still playing at T3.

Feel like I've been stuck with the pet build since the day I got the ring that combine all of your pet dog into one, and haven't been able to choose anything else.

yeah, i play t6. there's a higher chance for drops, more so with more people. you also get more bloodshards. t6 runs take <10 mins so it's not too bad of a grind.

i'm guessing you're playing as a WD and you have the tall man's finger. do you have the mask of jeram? you should gamble for those next if you don't have them. the TnT gloves should be next in your list of things to get, but they're rare so you may have to be a little more persistent. which weapon are you using? i find the rhen'ho flayer the best fit for the pet build. use addling toads for crowd control while your pets do all the dirty work. are you using the FS passive?

ZenaxPure

Sadly that is just a limitation of the current form of the game. Witch Doctors really only have 2 options for high difficulties (T5/6) which is either Pet Doctor or Jade Doctor. If you want to jump up difficulties really fast you should gamble for a Mask of Jeram. It and the Tall Man's Finger (which you already have) is enough to completely trash T5 as long as the stats on the rest of your gear is good. You probably have enough damage for T6 as well, but, witch doctor is one of the squishiest classes and if you are playing alone T6 sucks without the double unity setup.

Can't stress how important MoJ is for witch doctors. Even if you want to eventually go into a Jade build it is easier to just farm a MoJ and use a pet build to farm the Jade pieces since you can't actually even play Jade without at least 5 of the pieces + RoRG.

Imouto

Banned
Grimløck;132550142 said:
i'm guessing you're playing as a WD and you have the tall man's finger. do you have the mask of jeram? you should gamble for those next if you don't have them. the TnT gloves should be next in your list of things to get, but they're rare so you may have to be a little more persistent. which weapon are you using? i find the rhen'ho flayer the best fit for the pet build. use addling toads for crowd control while your pets do all the dirty work. are you using the FS passive?

Thank for the advice, and yes, I'm currently trying to find the Mask of Jeram, but no luck so far. Currently I'm using this weapon since this is the best thing I could find.

Even with Uhkapian Serpent, I still feel the squishy-ness of WD. I've been wondering, does additional amount of zombie dogs contribute to your giant dog's damage? Like if I have 3 passives to increase my zombie dog number to 5, will my giant dog's stronger than if I only have max of 4? Could help to put in a survival passive if that's not the case.

HORRORSHØW

Thank for the advice, and yes, I'm currently trying to find the Mask of Jeram, but no luck so far. Currently I'm using this weapon since this is the best thing I could find.

Even with Uhkapian Serpent, I still feel the squishy-ness of WD. I've been wondering, does additional amount of zombie dogs contribute to your giant dog's damage? Like if I have 3 passives to increase my zombie dog number to 5, will my giant dog's stronger than if I only have max of 4? Could help to put in a survival passive if that's not the case.

it's been a long time since i've ran a pet doc but i think i only used 2 of the doggie passives: midnight feast and zombie handler. the other passives were pierce the veil and (i think) jungle fortitude. use life link rune for your zombie dogs if you're feeling squishy. piranhado is a must, combined with strong arm bracers.

which helm are you currently using? the WD has a nice assortment of helms which you can build around.

ZenaxPure

For what it's worth most endgame pet doctors only use Midnight feast for dog passives. In normal pet builds Fetishes still do a large chunk of your damage so using passives that boost overall damage is better than focusing on passives that give you more dogs. The usual loadout is Midnight Feast (straight forward, 50% more dog damage), Fetish (obvious again, only way to summon them), Pierce the Veil (only spell you use that costs mana is Piranhas so it's pretty much a 20% damage boost), and Grave Injustice (allows you to have BBV up for every single elite pack and Piranado up for every single white pack).

Imouto

Banned
For what it's worth most endgame pet doctors only use Midnight feast for dog passives. In normal pet builds Fetishes still do a large chunk of your damage so using passives that boost overall damage is better than focusing on passives that give you more dogs. The usual loadout is Midnight Feast (straight forward, 50% more dog damage), Fetish (obvious again, only way to summon them), Pierce the Veil (only spell you use that costs mana is Piranhas so it's pretty much a 20% damage boost), and Grave Injustice (allows you to have BBV up for every single elite pack and Piranado up for every single white pack).

Thank. I'm surprised to hear Fetish is WD's main damage source late game. It's always fun to see a bunch of them running around, but the summoning is inconsistent so I didn't think they are that important.

Grimløck;132554339 said:
it's been a long time since i've ran a pet doc but i think i only used 2 of the doggie passives: midnight feast and zombie handler. the other passives were pierce the veil and (i think) jungle fortitude. use life link rune for your zombie dogs if you're feeling squishy. piranhado is a must, combined with strong arm bracers.

which helm are you currently using? the WD has a nice assortment of helms which you can build around.

Still away from home so I don't really remember, but the helm summon 2 mimic of your when attacking. Currently I have 27% Acid Cloud increasing damage in gears and seems like the mimic spam that a lot so I decide to go with it.

ZenaxPure

Thank. I'm surprised to hear Fetish is WD's main damage source late game. It's always fun to see a bunch of them running around, but the summoning is inconsistent so I didn't think they are that important.

Unless you have a really good Rhen'ho Flayer use Rain of Toads. Rain of Toads is a DoT that deals multiple ticks of damage per second and stacks with itself when casting. In addition to that despite the rather tiny radius the animation has, the attack is an AOE. I'm sure you can figure out where I am going with this, but, basically you use Pirahnado to clump up enemies really tightly and then spam Rain of Toads like crazy. Each cast of it will give you an aoe DoT which means tons and tons of chances to proc Fetishes. It's usually pretty easy to reach the Fetish cap after 2 white packs of 5 or 6 mobs (assuming they don't die immediately from your dog or something like that). Either way you will be running around with 10+ Fetishes all the time.

The only place Rain of Toads falls behind other skills for summoning is single target, which is really only rift guardians in practical use.

stn

So, what's the deal? Played an act 5 rift last night on expert. There were a few enemies--these really tiny creatures--that took a million hits to die. They only had blue names, too, so I don't think they were elites. Their names said they were arcane enchanted. How do I kill them faster? Using a lvl. 65 crusader.

Top Bottom