• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Yup, looks like 5:00am, about 6 and a half hours from now for New Zealand. But will this only allow New Zealand accounts to play? Even with the ability to play a day early, I don't see the point if none of the progress I make will be on my main account. I recall RoS releasing early in Europe or Asia and being able to play early on PC as well.

mikenoob

Neo Member
Yup, looks like 5:00am, about 6 and a half hours from now for New Zealand. But will this only allow New Zealand accounts to play? Even with the ability to play a day early, I don't see the point if none of the progress I make will be on my main account. I recall RoS releasing early in Europe or Asia and being able to play early on PC as well.

If you can start it on a NZ account, just start the game and switch users.

catspit

I am so torn between a DH, WD, Crusader... Just have no idea which to make first.. Played a DH main on PC vanilla.. Never touched the other 2

With the Nemesis and legendary gifting systems, does anyone know if it will be restricted to the server region you play on? Or just everyone on your friend list regardless of region? I'm just wondering because I've been adding friends to my PSN from all over the world and it'd be a shame for it to be restricted somehow.

Also do the gifts/Nemesis systems only work for friend playing online at the same time as you? Not sure if anyone knows yet!

OmegaDL50

With the Nemesis and legendary gifting systems, does anyone know if it will be restricted to the server region you play on? Or just everyone on your friend list regardless of region? I'm just wondering because I've been adding friends to my PSN from all over the world and it'd be a shame for it to be restricted somehow.

Also do the gifts/Nemesis systems only work for friend playing online at the same time as you? Not sure if anyone knows yet!

I don't know about multiple servers, I figure you should be able to play with anyone on your friend list. As far as I'm aware Blizzard didn't say anything about regional restrictions.

Nemesis should work even if you aren't connected to a multiplayer game. V0mitG0d a resident GAF member has as Review build of the game and explained when one his friends was killed a monster, that monster showed up in his single player campaign.

The monster itself will be marked by "Slayer of "Player ID" as it's name. Each time it kills a player it powers up to a total of 5 times. If the 5th player in a row does not kill it, the Nemesis creature moves on and a 6th player is not invaded.

As for gifts. It also can work in single player. According to V0mitG0d's Stream you will occasionally find legendaries or other rare items automatically assigned to a player on your friend list. You can put these items into your mail box and they will be sent to whoever they are assigned to. From what V0mitGod said, you don't get to pick who the gift goes to.

The last part makes sense as this prevents two players from intentionally tweaking a specific individual on their friend list (Prevents being able to gift yourself rares if you own a secondary PSN / XBL account)

The random nature of gifts means everyone gets something. They just don't know when they get it. But when they do get one it'll truly be a surprise.

I was going to get a digital copy of the game but then I realized that its 62.7 gb ( my cap is 175gb).
I will be downloading destiny so I won't have any data left to spare and the cap is refreshed on the 17th of every month.

Went to order a physical copy of the game but apparently that's not available in my country >_<
Completely bummed out at the non availability of physical copies.

tmespe

I was going to get a digital copy of the game but then I realized that its 62.7 gb ( my cap is 175gb).
I will be downloading destiny so I won't have any data left to spare and the cap is refreshed on the 17th of every month.

Went to order a physical copy of the game but apparently that's not available in my country >_<
The download is really around 35gb and not 62. Thus is due to how psn reports download sizes.

Only watched a couple seconds but jeez Demon Hunter much different. He is only level 51 or something but still.

When I played it was all about stutter stepping your way to victory. I wonder if you can even do that on ps4. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgHyNK3mwe8 about 3 or 4 seconds in is a good example of stutter step.

The DH in the TLOU rift footage is what I want my DH to be. That Strafe + blazing trail is awesome.

OmegaDL50

It's been confirmed that 60GB or so file size is false and Sony never bothered to correct it in the PSN Store.

The game is 16GB at base for the English language version. Plus additional GB for a language pack for the EU version for a specific language depending on region.

My NTSC US copy according to the Data Management folder says it's taking up just over 16+ GB in total.

The mislabel is account of PSN calculating the space for ALL of the language packs at once, rather then the appropriate size for the region you are downloading the game for.

omyard

Neo Member
Added everyone from the file while watching SummerSlam. Probably won't do much multiplayer since I usually do co-op with my girlfriend and daughter, but want to join in on the Nemesis and legendary loot drop fun.

PSN: poisonedblack

drotahorror

A quick question, do console versions let you make a game private but open to friends? Like, I start up a game solo, but leave it open to people on friends list. They can join w/o my consent. I liked that about PC version.

So yeah, if anyone here on gaf has me added and this feature is on console, join my games anytime you see it open to friends.

I'm on the edge here, temptation to impulse buy rising...

giphy.gif

A quick question, do console versions let you make a game private but open to friends? Like, I start up a game solo, but leave it open to people on friends list. They can join w/o my consent. I liked that about PC version.

So yeah, if anyone here on gaf has me added and this feature is on console, join my games anytime you see it open to friends.

Yes, there's an option to leave your network settings to have only friends join.

The download is really around 35gb and not 62. Thus is due to how psn reports download sizes.

It's been confirmed that 60GB or so file size is false and Sony never bothered to correct it in the PSN Store.

The game is 16GB at base for the English language version. Plus additional GB for a language pack for the EU version for a specific language depending on region.

My NTSC US copy according to the Data Management folder says it's taking up just over 16+ GB in total.

The mislabel is account of PSN calculating the space for ALL of the language packs at once, rather then the appropriate size for the region you are downloading the game for.

Oh thanks a lot guys, I didn't know that :-D I'm going to order it right now!

I've read somewhere that Rifts are restricted to one Act and that only the assets of the chosen act are available. Is that information correct? Even on current-gen?

The same should also apply to bounties. E.g. you can only do bounties of one Act at the same time; no jumping between the Acts.

I've read somewhere that Rifts are restricted to one Act and that only the assets of the chosen act are available. Is that information correct? Even on current-gen?

The same should also apply to bounties. E.g. you can only do bounties of one Act at the same time; no jumping between the Acts.
PS4 and Xbox One handle it like PC it's ps3 and 360 that are stuck with those limitations (so I have heard)

forms

Close yo double dipping on PS4, but hell... can't really make up my mind.

Then again, haven't played a couch game with my wife since Sacred which, although being enjoyable due to coop with the wife, was absolutely horrendous in every aspect. So assume agood game (which Diabnlo 3 was on PC, post patch), would be awesome.

Have any Aussies been able to pre load from the AU store? Mine is set to auto download and nothing has downloaded. All boxes are checked off and it goes back to the counter displaying 5 hours (as of now) remaining. Anyone know what the deal is?

Ubersnug

Does anyone know what time when Diablo 3 will show up in the XOne's store? Does microsoft update the store the minute it hots midnight on the day of release or is there a specified time when games become available?

Can someone please explain the shared/split inventory management? I've been playing for a couple of days but haven't figured out how to access it. Is this coming in the "day one" patch? Or is the shared/split inventory management actually the "quick equip" option? Looting is painful right now, because my housemates open their loot screen every few minutes.

Xater

Even if it let you play early, wouldn't you have to play on your NZ account?

You can play everything on your main account as long as you make the other accounts have your PS4 as your main PS4.

That's how I play all my US games with my EU account.

Top Bottom