• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Raptor

So, I'm almost at 70 with my crusader. Where do I go from there? What loot am I supposed to get? What skills am I supposed to use? Currently I'm on expert and its usually pretty simple. There are rare occasions where I come close to dying but generally I dominate. Should I hit 70 and then switch to master?

Put it on Torment, or Torment 2 if you get killed instantly then go back untill you are comfortable killing easy, then your goal is go to torment and slaughter everything there, goal is to keep boosting damage, armor, vit with sets, legendary weapons.

HORRORSHØW

woo! Thanks to a fellow gaffer I have a completed jades set (thanks for the boots!), now I just need quetzalcoatl and I should be set for an alternative WD build.

Anyone ever try a jade build WD? I have yet to see one on the ps4

melts through everything. more fun than a pet build because you're in the middle of the action. use the sunkeeper + mojo combo.

So do bounties reset every time you continue a game? I completed 3/5 in Act I and saved my game. I've just gone back in and it's no longer showing these as complete. What gives?

If the bounties reset how are you supposed to "finish" adventure mode? Or do you just choose whatever act you like each time you continue a game?

I'm not quite "getting" adventure mode yet.

ZenaxPure

If the bounties reset how are you supposed to "finish" adventure mode? Or do you just choose whatever act you like each time you continue a game?

Adventure mode isn't something you finish. It is a sandbox mode that lets you explore the entire world with a random set of objectives each time, if you finish all the bounties you just reset the game to get a new set. It is designed to be something you just do over and over: You do bounties to get rift fragments and the you use the rift fragments to do rifts (random dungeons) that have a much higher chance of dropping legendary items.

Raptor

So do bounties reset every time you continue a game? I completed 3/5 in Act I and saved my game. I've just gone back in and it's no longer showing these as complete. What gives?

Adventure mode is not a thing to finish lol, is a little confusing at first but in time you will see it as an incredible mode, I complete Act 1 bounties then I reset them again, I thikn I have done this bounties like hundreds of time now, I just love Act 1 catacombs and spiders and those green fields etc.

This game is a neverending game IMO.

I think if I continue like this it will become my most played game ever for me.

Close if not the perfect game.

subwilde

woo! Thanks to a fellow gaffer I have a completed jades set (thanks for the boots!), now I just need quetzalcoatl and I should be set for an alternative WD build.

Anyone ever try a jade build WD? I have yet to see one on the ps4

As they dropped, I was thinking how this is gonna make somebody's day ;) You're welcome :)

Also in for knowledge about a WD jade build. Seen so many pet doctors that'd itd be a nice change!

ZenaxPure

Also in for knowledge about a WD jade build. Seen so many pet doctors that'd itd be a nice change!

I'm not gonna lie, running with a Jade doc on T6 actually makes the game a bit boring in group play. In the best gear they can almost one shot elite packs even in a 4 player game, it's ridiculous.

subwilde

I'm not gonna lie, running with a Jade doc on T6 actually makes the game a bit boring in group play. In the best gear they can almost one shot elite packs even in a 4 player game, it's ridiculous.

Aw man :\ that's how I felt with the holy shotgun crusader build. Although mine wasn't nearly as efficient as some I've seen.

Hopefully greater rifts get patched soon and we can see just how far that jade build can go :p

moojito

Do you use a free dog or do you actually summon one? If you use circle of life passive to get a dog then swap out to a different passive, the dog remains, so you get a free dog while being able to get another action skill to replace zombie dogs.

I just summon one. Since I have a lot of +poison gear that I'm gradually rerolling to +physical damage as and when I get the mats the rabid dog hits like a truck. That's an interesting tip, though. Knowing my luck I'd try it out and they'd sneak in a fix in the next patch.

ZenaxPure

Aw man :\ that's how I felt with the holy shotgun crusader build. Although mine wasn't nearly as efficient as some I've seen.

Hopefully greater rifts get patched soon and we can see just how far that jade build can go :p

Jade is by far the best for witch doctor right now in greater rifts, but, that is not really because the damage. My biggest problem with GRs right now is the fact that it is just a straight difficulty bump which means enemy damage keeps getting higher as well. Pets just can't take the damage (even after they hotfixed pet survivabilty) so pet doctors start to run into problems where pets just keep dying constantly. Not really exclusive to them either, crusaders for example are running a new build in 2.1 that does roughly the same damage as holy shotgun, but, it is a ranged build instead of melee.

Imouto

Banned
So, I'm almost at 70 with my crusader. Where do I go from there? What loot am I supposed to get? What skills am I supposed to use? Currently I'm on expert and its usually pretty simple. There are rare occasions where I come close to dying but generally I dominate. Should I hit 70 and then switch to master?

I switched to master as soon as I got my hand on the first legendary.

Shield Bash all day, every day, baby. Watching shits explode is very satisfying.

Facism

got a ps4 and was gifted the game. general ps4 question. does the disc ever stop spinning when running the game? it's pretty noticeable. granted i've only played it for 5 minutes.

maomaoIYP

My light of grace wizard can finally tackle T4 comfortably. Still lots if room for improvement, I need a SoJ, and an upgrade for my lvl 60 witching hour. If I ever get a complete vyr's set I might try an archon build, but otherwise it's too much trouble to far gear for it.
I still can't kill the nemesis though. Whenever it spawns I get one shot every single time.

You have mail. See if that one is useful. Might want to transmog it again.
Yeah, that worked out pretty nicely. I lost a good bit of damage, owing mostly to losing the 19% ADI on my Visage, but the Diamond Skin should be nice and it has a nice ICD, and after six tries I finally managed to roll the socket in to 10% Disintegrate, which will help mitigate a bit of the Arcane loss. Too bad I couldn't get 15%. /shrug

Thank you! <3

Adventure mode isn't something you finish. It is a sandbox mode that lets you explore the entire world with a random set of objectives each time, if you finish all the bounties you just reset the game to get a new set. It is designed to be something you just do over and over: You do bounties to get rift fragments and the you use the rift fragments to do rifts (random dungeons) that have a much higher chance of dropping legendary items.

Adventure mode is not a thing to finish lol, is a little confusing at first but in time you will see it as an incredible mode, I complete Act 1 bounties then I reset them again, I thikn I have done this bounties like hundreds of time now, I just love Act 1 catacombs and spiders and those green fields etc.

This game is a neverending game IMO.

I think if I continue like this it will become my most played game ever for me.

Close if not the perfect game.
Thanks.

So to clarify, if I don't complete an Act of bounties I lose that progress next time I resume? So really, it's only worth playing to complete 5 bounties at a time (in order to get the rewards cache) rather than doing 2 or 3 bounties in a session?

LordAlu

Grimløck;133235735 said:
yes. i have 2 more strength rorgs.

no dex. only strength.
That's fine - I have one that is rolled into DEX but I've been farming for one that I don't need to roll dex on so I can roll a socket to it. The farming continues!

ZenaxPure

Thanks.

So to clarify, if I don't complete an Act of bounties I lose that progress next time I resume? So really, it's only worth playing to complete 5 bounties at a time (in order to get the rewards cache) rather than doing 2 or 3 bounties in a session?

Yeah to both questions.

To be honest bounties are mostly just a way to get rift fragments as rifts are where you will get the majority of your upgrades anyway (from random drops or gambling blood shards). The only other time people do bounties when they don't need fragments is for a ring that comes from the act 1 cache (as people on the past page have been talking about).

turnbuckle

Thanks for the rift runs. I was on remote play so I couldn't talk.
Picked up a legendary potion that boosts armor during them.

Ahh no problem man. Surprised you were on remote play! I might have to try that again sometime. I can't talk during games but I have my headphones hooked to my controller so I can listen in.

Syrus

Banned
Anyone on Xbox have any good barb or witch doctor gear for 35-70 on hardcore?

Gt lancex2 , add me too, try to message if you can

Thanks.

Right, so what my GF and I do is run bounties when we have plenty of time to play, and when we're short on time we just run some rifts with the keys we've saved.

Just don't sit on your keys for too long. Drops are better in the rifts, so you're stalling your progress by putting them off.

Number45

Completing the five bounties in normal takes, what, about 15 minutes? Right now I don't see the point in doing them at a higher mode - when 2.1 drops with the higher chance of drops it makes sense.

Imouto

Banned
Right, so what my GF and I do is run bounties when we have plenty of time to play, and when we're short on time we just run some rifts with the keys we've saved.

Just don't sit on your keys for too long. Drops are better in the rifts, so you're stalling your progress by putting them off.

I'm only running bounty to stockpile the keys, and occasionally go to rift when I'm bored. From what I recall in 2.1 you only need 1 fragment per person to open the rift, which means we're wasting 4 keys each rift. It's really hard to keep running rift with that on my mind.

Raptor

I don't mind the bounties to be honest, fuck in fact I like them, while Rifts is where the real fun is found since the amount of enemies in there is just pure insanity, bounties offer some good ol fashioned carnage to relax a little.

Also I have probably open 50 Act 1 caches and no RoRG, good thing I have one that was gifted to me if not I would been pissed.

Shield bash or Blessed hammer?

I have the Piro marella that reduces 41% of the shield bash costs but at the same time the blessed hammer just melts everything in sight, ummh, I keep them both fuck it.

Number45

I have not a single item on my crusader that allows me to define a build. I was doing pretty well in T3, but as I can't really progress beyond that and I'm getting nothing of value I pretty much stopped until 2.1 hits at least. :'(

Started a HC Barb in the meantime, sitting at level 30.

Top Bottom