• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Finally time to get back to some Diablo III, wanted to wait to sink more time into the game until the patch came out. The PC has been patched to 2.1.1, I thought they might wait to do that for console. I wonder if we get the Witch Doctor buffs?

shamanick

Finally time to get back to some Diablo III, wanted to wait to sink more time into the game until the patch came out. The PC has been patched to 2.1.1, I thought they might wait to do that for console. I wonder if we get the Witch Doctor buffs?

I doubt it. Nothing in the post mentioned 2.1.1 stuff, but maybe it's in the patch notes.

Dirtdog07

Neo Member
Really awesome that this is out. Working on my Plat Trophy. Have just 2 more characters to level then I'll be on the rift/2.1 grind

Cheating in terms of hacked items only exists because of Blizzard's boneheaded -- but understandable -- feature of importing saves from ps3 and 360. Those saves can be modified because the save encryption on those systems has been cracked. This is not the case with the Xbox One and PS4. While it's likely they'll eventually be cracked as well, it probably wouldn't occur before the game's community dies off.

Omnicent

what this is out of no where..... i'm not even done with Hyrule Warriors... ughhh. Guess I'll try out some 2.1 before Bayo2.

Also since seasons is not included, does this mean console will have the pc seaosnal items

is it up?
Yup. Installing now.

Edit: 381 MB

Version 1.04
FEATURE SUPPORT:
  • Greater Rifts are a special type of timed Nephalem Rift that pose a new challenge to players and also reward Legendary Gems
  • Legendary Gems allow customization of gear with specific powers.
  • The Cesspools is a new environment available in Nepphalem Rifts and Greater Rifts.
  • The Vault is a new realm which heroes have a chance to visit when defeating a Treasure Goblin.
  • Ramaldini's Gift is a random drop that adds a gem socket to any weapon that does not previously have a socket.

So, when I get the Gift, I want to roll the socket off of my weapon, so I can add one with the Gift, effectively giving me a fifth primary affix on the weapon in question?

Does the patch include changes to skills/weapons/armors? The play station blog link only mentioned loot stuff.
Seems to. The GF's barbie now shows 966 life/fury for Bloodthirst, where she was only getting 578 pre-patch.

Also, my Disintegrate is progressive now, starting at only 390% (compared to 511% pre-patch, IIRC), but it goes up 250%/s, capping at 890%.

Seems to. The GF's barbie now shows 966 life/fury for Bloodthirst, where she was only getting 578 pre-patch.

Also, my Disintegrate is progressive now, starting at only 390% (compared to 511% pre-patch, IIRC), but it goes up 250%/s, capping at 890%.

Oh man, I gotta see if the Firebird set got that buff now!

Also, 2H weapons are viable for those interested in that.

My PS4 coffin arrived today but I've been playing Mordor anyways but damn if I'm not excited for 2.1 on consoles. Still playing it on PC since the season started.

Smidget

Literally just beat the "story" mode co-oping with my brother last night, we're at levels 68/69. So I guess I do adventure mode, and then eventually rifts once we get enough bounties or something? Totally oblivious to how the "end game" portion works! lol

turnbuckle

Yup. Installing now.

Edit: 381 MB

Version 1.04
FEATURE SUPPORT:
  • Ramaldini's Gift is a random drop that adds a gem socket to any weapon that does not previously have a socket.

So, when I get the Gift, I want to roll the socket off of my weapon, so I can add one with the Gift, effectively giving me a fifth primary affix on the weapon in question?

Yes, I believe so. It's what I've been hoarding some weapons in my stash for.

Question about 2-handed buffs people are talking about - are they retroactive or are most/all of the 2-handers I've been storing for my crusader basically obsolete?

Imouto

Banned
Yes, I believe so. It's what I've been hoarding some weapons in my stash for.

Question about 2-handed buffs people are talking about - are they retroactive or are most/all of the 2-handers I've been storing for my crusader basically obsolete?

Retroactive. My 2 handed hammer which was at 2440 Dmg has turned into 3265 Dmg.

I made a table to illustrate how progressive channeling works now, using Disintegrate with an Attack Speed of 1.0 as an example.

Code:
	sDPS	sDam	pDPS	pDam	Diff
1st	511	511	390	390	76.32%
2nd	511	1022	640	1030	100.78%
3rd	511	1533	890	1920	125.24%
4th	511	2044	890	2810	137.48%
5th	511	2555	890	3700	144.81%
6th	511	3066	890	4590	149.71%

So basically, you lose about 25% of your pre-patch damage during the first second of channeling. The bump then brings you up to about even with your pre-patch damage by the end of the 2nd second of channeling. By the end of the 3rd second, your damage output has increased substantially when compared to your pre-patch output. A six-second channel does roughly 50% more total damage now than it did pre-patch, but even a three-second channel does 25% more.

So now short sprays are now less effective at applying damage, but equally effective at applying debuffs. Two-second sprays are roughly equal pre- and post-patch, with longer sprays now doing extra damage post-patch.

turnbuckle

Retroactive. My 2 handed hammer which was at 2440 Dmg has turned into 3265 Dmg.

Whoa. My 2-handed sword is about 2940 DPS pre-patch. Has a strength roll and socket too. Although I want a better shield, this makes the one I was talking about that increases my 2-handed damage by 10% a little bit better than it was :)

stn

For a Diablo newb, what does it mean when it says that a crusader's shield bash can now be interrupted? Like, interrupted by an enemy attack? That's kind of horrible considering there are always swarms of enemies.

While whirlwinding, you move at 100% movement speed.

Does this means she's immune to slow, but also gets no benefits from her speed boots? She's just always at 100% while whirlwinding, no matter her status? What if she's frozen or stunned?

Quick question? Does this update also includes all the classes, skills, weapons balance?
Yup.

Number45

While whirlwinding, you move at 100% movement speed.

Does this means she's immune to slow, but also gets no benefits from her speed boots? She's just always at 100% while whirlwinding, no matter her status? What if she's frozen or stunned?
Isn't there a movement speed penalty with normal WW? Maybe they've just removed it, and everything else will be as it was before.

Awesome! Looks like I know what I'll be doing. I literally just got to Adventure mode with a lvl 63 DH. I've barely scratched the surface of all this stuff. I've yet to run into a Nemesis since most on my friends list has moved on to Destiny. Feel free to add me let me know your from GAF.

PSN: Blaackstarr7

Raptor

Grimløck;133321175 said:
wow. grifts bring a nice challenge to the game. got up to grift 31 but timed out on the boss with half his health left.

Grift 31?

Jesus man!! lol.

How's that legendary drop rate?

HORRORSHØW

Grift 31?

Jesus man!! lol.

How's that legendary drop rate?

i got 3 legendaries after defeating the grift boss so i don't know if it's any better than doing t6 runs. got a one-handed flail, a cindercoat, and some whack-ass gloves.

i also got the whimseyshire map 2 times in 2 grifts. probably a coincidence, though.

bobawesome

I wake up only to find out the update I've been waiting forever for is finally out.

schwing.jpg

Wallach

Snuck away to try a few regular rifts before tonight.

I am no longer particularly upset that my first 4pc set on console was Raekor's. I don't even have the new Viles or a good 2H yet. Shit straight up mauls, and is way better to use than before.

Top Bottom