• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Raptor

I have not a single item on my crusader that allows me to define a build. I was doing pretty well in T3, but as I can't really progress beyond that and I'm getting nothing of value I pretty much stopped until 2.1 hits at least. :'(

Started a HC Barb in the meantime, sitting at level 30.

Im on a quest for Akkhan full set, I too don't have a defined build and I can only go to T3 but play on T2 lol, I like when I can melt everything.

Once I complete that set I will start to build another Crusader, probably male this time.

maybe a WD or a Wizard, Sillysil Wizard looked like a damn Sith throwing lightning left and right and looked beyond awesome :p

Number45

I don't have a single piece of Akkhans. Nothing at all, I'm running with some rares and a few set/legendary pieces (some crafted) and I've done a decent job of making it work with a build that I kind of developed as I levelled. I don't think I've equipped a new piece of equipment since probably about P20 (currently P73).

It's been pretty disheartening - and this is coming from someone who is actually really happy with my progress in Destiny. I'm not super high, but the fact that I can guarantee progress makes a difference and is what keeps me playing that over this (love the gameplay in both).

EDIT: I also have all other classes at 70. Maybe when I hit a wall with Destiny I'll start something else up properly.

turnbuckle

Im on a quest for Akkhan full set, I too don't have a defined build and I can only go to T3 but play on T2 lol, I like when I can melt everything.

Once I complete that set I will start to build another Crusader, probably male this time.

maybe a WD or a Wizard, Sillysil Wizard looked like a damn Sith throwing lightning left and right and looked beyond awesome :p

What pieces do you need for Akkhan? I think I have an extra helm and maybe an extra chest piece. Dunno if the rolls on them are any good but I can check later tonight if you're interested.

I wish 2.1 would hit already so I could pray for one of these to drop.

xbY9pLE.png

I have a couple of weapons I would like to use that don't have a socket and that I don't want to waste my enchant spot for one. In particular I have a Gyrfalcon Foote that would be pretty great if I could enchant it in addition to putting a socket on it. I had a lower level one for a long time that was a lot of fun using on the road to 70. I should probably start piecing together other gear to make a build using it work. I'm currently in-between T2-T3 for soloing. T3 for rifts; T2 for bounties. Though I sometimes hit rifts where I'll die a ton on T3.

I took out the ruby from my helm and put in a topaz. I had a bunch of legendaries drop for me while rifting last night. Not sure if magic find increases the chances of legendaries or not (it used to, but a lot of things changed that I'm unaware of) but my small sample size was promising.

Imouto

Banned
I don't mind the bounties to be honest, fuck in fact I like them, while Rifts is where the real fun is found since the amount of enemies in there is just pure insanity, bounties offer some good ol fashioned carnage to relax a little.

Also I have probably open 50 Act 1 caches and no RoRG, good thing I have one that was gifted to me if not I would been pissed.

Shield bash or Blessed hammer?

I have the Piro marella that reduces 41% of the shield bash costs but at the same time the blessed hammer just melts everything in sight, ummh, I keep them both fuck it.

After I got a shield that has 25% chance to reduce all of my cooldown for 1 seconds each time I block, I went on full shield bash mode all day.

Raptor

What pieces do you need for Akkhan? I think I have an extra helm and maybe an extra chest piece. Dunno if the rolls on them are any good but I can check later tonight if you're interested.

I wish 2.1 would hit already so I could pray for one of these to drop.

I have a couple of weapons I would like to use that don't have a socket and that I don't want to waste my enchant spot for one. In particular I have a Gyrfalcon Foote that would be pretty great if I could enchant it in addition to putting a socket on it. I had a lower level one for a long time that was a lot of fun using on the road to 70. I should probably start piecing together other gear to make a build using it work. I'm currently in-between T2-T3 for soloing. T3 for rifts; T2 for bounties. Though I sometimes hit rifts where I'll die a ton on T3.

I took out the ruby from my helm and put in a topaz. I had a bunch of legendaries drop for me while rifting last night. Not sure if magic find increases the chances of legendaries or not (it used to, but a lot of things changed that I'm unaware of) but my small sample size was promising.

I have Helm, pauldrons and gauntlets, a chest piece would be great man.

Also have a question, I got Leoric's Crown but it doesn't even have a slot and it surely doesn't say that it will get a boost to gem socketed WTF?

After I got a shield that has 25% chance to reduce all of my cooldown for 1 seconds each time I block, I went on full shield bash mode all day.

What shield is that?

That Cross shield looks really cool lol, love to spam it.

turnbuckle

I have Helm, pauldrons and gauntlets, a chest piece would be great man.

Also have a question, I got Leoric's Crown but it doesn't even have a slot and it surely doesn't say that it will get a boost to gem socketed WTF?

Isn't that a 2.1 affix?

I've had a few of those crowns and just ended up salvaging them.

I have a shield I'm having a hard time parting with even though it might not be as good as I'm thinking. It sucks for survival but has an affix that adds 10% damage if I'm using a 2-hander. There are probably much better shields to hope for, but I haven't had much luck yet.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
There's no way to get the headset on Vita to work with remote-play? I recall trying it with DCUO and it didn't work there.

The headset? Some specific model you're trying? Party chat I believe works fine via remote play.

Edit: it's apparently a bit complicated to get it to work.

This trick supposedly works:

1. make a party chat on vita and invite everyone you want to it.
2. leave the vita party chat and get a friend to send u a party chat invite .
3. rejoin the party chat on the vita by clicking on the party ( do not use the invite that was sent)
4. start remote play
5. go to notifications on ps4 and accept the party invite. the party now thinks there are 2 of you in the party. 1 on vita and one on ps4.
you should now be able to chat using vita mic and play all ps4 games with remote play on vita at the same time.

ZenaxPure

I'm only running bounty to stockpile the keys, and occasionally go to rift when I'm bored. From what I recall in 2.1 you only need 1 fragment per person to open the rift, which means we're wasting 4 keys each rift. It's really hard to keep running rift with that on my mind.

This is correct, but, for what it's worth you don't need a huge stockpile. You obtain keystones for greater rifts inside normal rifts (from the rift guardian) and if you beat the timer in a greater rift you can upgrade the keystone for another that lets you do a higher tier GR (based on your clear time). Basically one rift fragment nets you multiple rifts now so combined with the fact you only need 1 fragments to enter a normal rift it takes forever to go through a stockpile now. It's also beneficial to try and gear up before 2.1 if you want to make the most out of the fragment changes because the drop rate for a greater rift keystone is 100% on T6 (which automatically means each rift fragment is worth at a minimum 2 rifts, usually more).

Isn't that a 2.1 affix?

It is. Tons of item changes in 2.1 and a bunch of new items as well (not including seasonal items). One of the new hot crusader builds is focused around a brand new shield that is added in 2.1.

HF2014

got a ps4 and was gifted the game. general ps4 question. does the disc ever stop spinning when running the game? it's pretty noticeable. granted i've only played it for 5 minutes.

Well i hear my PS4 load once, and dont hear it after. Only time i will hear my PS4 spinning is when i try to enchant an item with forgotten soul, i dont like the result, close the application and restart the game to do it again and again. Its the only moment i will hear my ps4 doing some noise after restating the game a few time. But if you just insert the disk, start the game, you shouldnt hear anything

Imouto

Banned
This is correct, but, for what it's worth you don't need a huge stockpile. You obtain keystones for greater rifts inside normal rifts (from the rift guardian) and if you beat the timer in a greater rift you can upgrade the keystone for another that lets you do a higher tier GR (based on your clear time). Basically one rift fragment nets you multiple rifts now so combined with the fact you only need 1 fragments to enter a normal rift it takes forever to go through a stockpile now. It's also beneficial to try and gear up before 2.1 if you want to make the most out of the fragment changes because the drop rate for a greater rift keystone is 100% on T6 (which automatically means each rift fragment is worth at a minimum 2 rifts, usually more).

Interesting. Thank for the advises. I guess I will keep around 20 keys and using all the rest then.

Paganmoon

The headset? Some specific model you're trying? Party chat I believe works fine via remote play.

Edit: it's apparently a bit complicated to get it to work.

This trick supposedly works:

1. make a party chat on vita and invite everyone you want to it.
2. leave the vita party chat and get a friend to send u a party chat invite .
3. rejoin the party chat on the vita by clicking on the party ( do not use the invite that was sent)
4. start remote play
5. go to notifications on ps4 and accept the party invite. the party now thinks there are 2 of you in the party. 1 on vita and one on ps4.
you should now be able to chat using vita mic and play all ps4 games with remote play on vita at the same time.

holy crap... seems pretty damned complicated just to get voicechat to work. Was just thinking of the regular plug in headset for the Vita, never worked with the ingame voice on DCUO. Will have to play around with it, haven't used my Vita much, but might use it more to get the rest of the classes to 70 on normal mode.

I'm only running bounty to stockpile the keys, and occasionally go to rift when I'm bored. From what I recall in 2.1 you only need 1 fragment per person to open the rift, which means we're wasting 4 keys each rift. It's really hard to keep running rift with that on my mind.
Orly? That's good to know. We've actually been holding off on making top-tier gems for the same reason.

Yeah to both questions.

To be honest bounties are mostly just a way to get rift fragments as rifts are where you will get the majority of your upgrades anyway (from random drops or gambling blood shards). The only other time people do bounties when they don't need fragments is for a ring that comes from the act 1 cache (as people on the past page have been talking about).

Right, so what my GF and I do is run bounties when we have plenty of time to play, and when we're short on time we just run some rifts with the keys we've saved.

Just don't sit on your keys for too long. Drops are better in the rifts, so you're stalling your progress by putting them off.
Thanks fellas.

Imouto

Banned
Orly? That's good to know. We've actually been holding off on making top-tier gems for the same reason.

Yes.

Nephalem Rifts
The cost to open a Nephalem Rift has been reduced from 5 Rift Fragments (total) to 1 Rift Fragment (per player)
Each player must pay the 1 Rift Fragment cost in order to enter a Nephalem Rift
You can no longer click the Rift Obelisk to open a new rift while one is already open
Conduit Pylon duration reduced from 30 to 15 seconds only while in a Greater Rift

funkypie

Banned
tried playing today while destiny is down and must say I find it boring now. full akkrat holy shotgun is fun at first but what else can i do now?

nearly fully geared on my DH but have no energy to play any more. Time to sell I think.

Night Elve

Neo Member
Play with GAF members instead of randoms. That will make it less likely to happen.
Feel free to add me guys. I usually play everytime at around 10 PM EST.

I'm still trying to complete my marauder set (missing the Marauder's Visage and Marauder's Treads).

Does anyone have a spare?

PSN ID. Night_Elve

Obtained a Grin Reaper last night and had a lot of fun with it. It is a surprisingly viable build and very enjoyable to play! I'm glad the 2.1 patch is out, doesn't that dramatically increase the amount of damage for spider queens? :D

Imouto

Banned
Obtained a Grin Reaper last night and had a lot of fun with it. It is a surprisingly viable build and very enjoyable to play! I'm glad the 2.1 patch is out, doesn't that dramatically increase the amount of damage for spider queens? :D

Even though console version is at 2.0.6, some adjustment regarding balancing already up to 2.1. I noticed the spiders damage currently is at 2.1 value instead.

How do I make it update? Launching the game didn't seem to work. Is the patch live yet?

Not yet. Wait until the store update, which is around 4 more hours, I guess?

quest

Not Banned from OT
So dumb. Why can't they just make it where people can create online only Bnet characters?

I agree but they don't want to go through the trouble to do it. I would be all in on always online mode. Even if I had to start over on the console. Hate playing solo most days now since public games are worthless and people on friends list moved on to destiny.

Imouto

Banned
Why couldn't they set seasons to online only?

So dumb. Why can't they just make it where people can create online only Bnet characters?

Too much works to do, I assume. I mean, before the outrage they even consider not supporting the console with future patch. Only after much complaining that they decide to give PS4/XboxOne patch updates.

Blizzard already said there won't be seasons for console.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Too much works to do, I assume. I mean, before the outrage they even consider not supporting the console with future patch. Only after much complaining that they decide to give PS4/XboxOne patch updates.

Blizzard already said there won't be seasons for console.

Thinking about it for a minute also it would piss off the main userbase the PC players. they would riot if console got online and off line play. I don't think they want to open up that can of worms.

Night Elve

Neo Member
I don't think fixing some of the cheats would be that difficult at all, you could always implement some sort of always saving functionality.

To fix the duplication exploits you could do:

• As soon as you "buy" something from Kadala the system saves the changes.
  • As soon as you send a mailbox the system saves the changes.

Not sure about how to fix the drop items on floor method.

About the hacked gear:

• If the system detects a ring with 3 slots then the ring should be rendered useless or disappear from their inventory.
  • Correct me if I'm wrong but all the "Professional Russian Gear" does not exist as legit why not just tag these items as non legit and remove them from their inventory.

Imouto

Banned
I don't think fixing some of the cheats would be that difficult at all, you could always implement some sort of always saving functionality.

That won't do. There is other duplicate method involving gifting and replace your save with the old one.

quest

Not Banned from OT

About the hacked gear:

• If the system detects a ring with 3 slots then the ring should be rendered useless or disappear from their inventory.
  • Correct me if I'm wrong but all the "Professional Russian Gear" does not exist as legit why not just tag these items as non legit and remove them from their inventory.

It would not work because of this game has had a fragile save on the console. Adding all that saving locally would just invite corrupt save files. Also fix some modded gear they just make perfect gear which ruins a season for any legit player looking to compete in a season.

Interfectum

I agree but they don't want to go through the trouble to do it. I would be all in on always online mode. Even if I had to start over on the console. Hate playing solo most days now since public games are worthless and people on friends list moved on to destiny.

It's inexcusable they didn't figure out a solution to hacked items for D3. They even had a test run with the PS3 version and saw how bad it got. The "just play with friends" option is a cop out because D3 was made for pub stomps. :/

Top Bottom