• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Begaria

Snuck away to try a few regular rifts before tonight.

I am no longer particularly upset that my first 4pc set on console was Raekor's. I don't even have the new Viles or a good 2H yet. Shit straight up mauls, and is way better to use than before.

Raekkors is one of the best sets in the game and that playstyle is now super crazy good. I was Raekkors before 2.1 (this is on PC BTW), and when the two handed weapon + Furious Charge changes happened, my fun with the game shot straight through the roof.

A word of warning: Furious Charging into Torment 6 Fire Chains or Electricity still hurts, no matter how good your gear is. The frozen effect of Furious Charge doesn't stop the Fire Chains or Electricity from firing off. Since Furious Charge will bunch all of the enemies on top of you, it can practically be an insta-kill if you're not using double unities/never die follower relics or Ignore Pain.

HORRORSHØW

Just in case - my PSN is Turnbuckle47 (first letter is capitalized).
my psn just hangs here forever.
BzX3bVmCYAAylm4.jpg

Wallach

Raekkors is one of the best sets in the game and that playstyle is now super crazy good. I was Raekkors before 2.1 (this is on PC BTW), and when the two handed weapon + Furious Charge changes happened, my fun with the game shot straight through the roof.

A word of warning: Furious Charging into Torment 6 Fire Chains or Electricity still hurts, no matter how good your gear is. The frozen effect of Furious Charge doesn't stop the Fire Chains or Electricity from firing off. Since Furious Charge will bunch all of the enemies on top of you, it can practically be an insta-kill if you're not using double unities/never die follower relics or Ignore Pain.

Yeah, I was using this set before patch (given this was a fresh start on console and it was accumulated before most everything else I had little choice) and it was okay, but this is... man, I fucking trucked those three rifts.

I've heard that 2.1.1 on PC added an ICD to Electrified, is it easier to survive after that change? I guess Fire Chains will always be tricky for Raekor build.

Holy crap. Thanks to the buffs to Bloodthirst and the IK set, my GF's Whirlwind now makes her regenerate nearly 37k/s! Adding her "natural" regen of 12.7k, she can spin up to full life (495k) from nearly-dead in about 10 seconds!! o_O

Begaria

I've heard that 2.1.1 on PC added an ICD to Electrified, is it easier to survive after that change? I guess Fire Chains will always be tricky for Raekor build.

If you can survive the initial burst of electricity, the ICD helps. It's just that initial charge that is so damn tricky with Electricity. Fast Fire Chains or Fast Electricity is even worse. My general strategy has been to try and spread enemies out and charge one or two of them without getting caught in the middle of them, otherwise i'm dead.

LordAlu

Dude with the Sunwuko set and Flying dragon i am melting elites and demons in T6 on PC. Yes Monks got buffed huge now.
This is what I'm aiming for, but even without Sunwuko my Monk is dealing out 500k damage now up from 370k. With the Flying Dragon proc and the change in passives I can output 1200k. Once I get Sunwoku it'll be another 20% higher plus the 3600% weapon damage adds...

Maaaaaan.
I wake up only to find out the update I've been waiting forever for is finally out.

schwing.jpg
Hisoka <3

Raptor

Alright so now Monks are good at dealing damage?

That's good news for me since I love that class all kungfu and shit but I always felt that I never destroyed anything fast enough, well not unlike the crusader that melts everythung away and fast.

So Sunwuko's Set and Flying Dragon?

Cool, for when I come back to my L70 monk :)

RdN

2.1 update!! Not too long after the PC release, too.. Very good, Blizzard.

Can't wait to hop on some Greater Rifts tonight.

Duxxy3

Didn't get the patch on my XB1, so i'm going to force it with an uninstall/reinstall.

#ain'tnobodygottimeforwaitingforblizzpatches

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Hey guys, I've just ordered this game on PS4 and it'll get here this friday.
Has the GAF train left already or is there still a flimsy chance to play/trade/whatever with some fellow gaffers?

I'd really prefer to not have to solo-ing the whole game.
I'm pumped, so glad I finally found a good deal at 30EUR for the game still shrink wrapped!

My PSN ID (EU cet, but I play 11pm to 4am most of the times so I'm ok with US time too!) is:

dashkap

Can't properly check the OP 'cause I'm on mobile atm but will do tomorrow.
Really hope someone joins me!

Edit:
UPDATE - please include your GAF handle in the friend request!

I've started getting requests already and I'm super grateful but I don't care for non-registered GAF members on my friends list atm, sorry lurkers don't hate me!

It does, but there are no separate patch notes for them, I would refer to the PC version's: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/patch-notes/2-1-0

Oh shit, don't tell me YOU are still playing the game? 'Cause you know what that'd imply, right? :p

Salz01

2.1 dropped on consoles? Was that a stealth update? Shouldn't a new thread be made to inform? Wouldn't have known about, only I saw this thread on the first page again lol.

Audioboxer

2.1 dropped on consoles? Was that a stealth update? Shouldn't a new thread be made to inform? Wouldn't have known about, only I saw this thread on the first page again lol.

My exact reaction after turning PS4 on after work and seeing a Diablo 3 updates of a few hundred MB downloading.

Is it 2.1?

Audioboxer

It is indeed 2.1.

Sheeeeeeiiiiiiiiiit.

I just stopped my D3 binging days ago to focus on Mordor thinking 2.1 would be a month or so away.

Here we go again!

Anywhere have a changelog or list of biggest changes? Do I need to refarm any equipment? Think I caught someone say some things aren't retroactive on weapons?

ZenaxPure

Also since seasons is not included, does this mean console will have the pc seaosnal items

There was a blue post on the official forums a while back that said the console version won't be getting the season items at all, which idk, seems kinda shitty to me. On PC after the season ends the seasonal items just become part of the normal games loot pool. Seems like they could just add them to the console version when PC seasons are over as well. Maybe not the exact same day, but, I don't see the harm in adding them the next time there is a major patch on consoles. I just find it really weird because it means there are some builds that will never be possible on the console version if they don't add in those items at some point. Like one of the items in the first season is a crusader shield that removes the cooldown of condemned and gives it a 40 wrath cost. It's proven to be one of the stronger crusader builds so far, and like, is that just not going to be in the console version ever? Lame.

Isn't there a movement speed penalty with normal WW? Maybe they've just removed it, and everything else will be as it was before.

This is correct. They finally realized how stupid a movement speed penalty on it was and got rid of it. Everything else is the same about the skill, you just move at your natural speed now.

Grimløck;133322732 said:
i got 3 legendaries after defeating the grift boss so i don't know if it's any better than doing t6 runs.

General consensus on PC is that T6 is still faster for just farming items. It's a little closer now after some hotfixes on PC (that makes it so you get way more bloodshards in the 30+ range of GRs) but I am not sure if that hotfix managed to make it into the console patch considering this change was literally just days ago on PC.

Ha! Not only did they change it from five keys per rift to one key per player, all of the local players need only come up with a single key between them, so now the GF and I get to run five times as many rifts. ^^

On the Xbox One, the rift cost seems bugged. It's costing us one key for the player who opened the rift and doesn't require keys from the other players. Greater rifts are working as expected, though.

njean777

So did they update any of the classes with this update? I looked at the patch notes on Blizzards website, but didn't see any class changes. I just want a buff for my monk and barbarian..../cry

subwilde

Greater rifts aren't really making sense to me. I could have cleared more waves in the trial but I stopped at 26 cause the first greater rift was 24 and it kicked my ass. I got a leg gem and took the upgrade. Second time thru I had to quit, there was no way I was gonna sit there get one shotted by an elite pack and RUN ALL THE WAY back to my corpse......can't do it man.

Hobbun

So did they update any of the classes with this update? I looked at the patch notes on Blizzards website, but didn't see any class changes. I just want a buff for my monk and barbarian..../cry

Blizzard indicated that the detailed patch notes for the PC are basically the same for the console. Of course with the exception of Seasons and Leaderboards.

Here are the patch notes, noting all changes with classes as well:

detailed patch notes

ZenaxPure

Greater rifts aren't really making sense to me. I could have cleared more waves in the trial but I stopped at 26 cause the first greater rift was 24 and it kicked my ass. I got a leg gem and took the upgrade. Second time thru I had to quit, there was no way I was gonna sit there get one shotted by an elite pack and RUN ALL THE WAY back to my corpse......can't do it man.

It's primary function is as a competitive thing (as it has leaderboards on the PC version), obviously that doesn't translate as well to the console version, but, it can still serve as a way to test your own limits really. GR 25 is equal to Torment 6, so it sounds like you aren't really prepared for T6 if you are getting crushed like that, it only gets harder from there.

Imouto

Banned
Does your difficulty setting change the Greater Rift's difficult? Or is it the same no matter which difficulty you're on?

subwilde

It's primary function is as a competitive thing (as it has leaderboards on the PC version), obviously that doesn't translate as well to the console version, but, it can still serve as a way to test your own limits really. GR 25 is equal to Torment 6, so it sounds like you aren't really prepared for T6 if you are getting crushed like that, it only gets harder from there.

I just feel like the trial isn't properly balanced. I had half a time remaining bar and didn't see an enemy off screen which cause it to end as I leaped over and killed him :/ so difficulty doesn't matter for these correct?

USC-fan

Banned

I got into 25 my first time and just couldnt make it. unity ring was just killing me. I really need the Immortal Follower item. I couldnt even change the rings out.

So went back to normal rift and got another GR key and started at 1, so i could get some gems.

My m6 demon hunter is really a glass cannon. 1mil+ dps with only 2.2mil console " toughness."

Does your difficulty setting change the Greater Rift's difficult? Or is it the same no matter which difficulty you're on?
Doesnt matter. GR scale base on their number. Around GF 25 equal t6....

Doesnt matter what you have the game set on.

ZenaxPure

I just feel like the trial isn't properly balanced. I had half a time remaining bar and didn't see an enemy off screen which cause it to end as I leaped over and killed him :/ so difficulty doesn't matter for these correct?

The trial is a clusterfuck just for the fact that certain builds are way better in it than others, I wouldn't worry about it too much really you will just get used to it over time.

And yeah, difficulty for GRs is completely independent, even if you jump into the game on normal difficulty GR 25 will still be as hard as T6.

And if you are having defensive troubles, if you are playing alone you should really be looking for a double unity setup. It's pretty much mandatory for playing alone. Only people not using unity alone are those doing cheesy high GR shit that can barely be called playing the game (and such a small portion of people do it that it doesn't matter). If you are playing in a group the only way to really stop the damage is by having someone in your group do crowd control, witch doctor is best by a long shot.

Top Bottom