• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

subwilde

I got into 25 my first time and just couldnt make it. unity ring was just killing me. I really need the Immortal Follower item. I couldnt even change the rings out.

So went back to normal rift and got another GR key and started at 1, so i could get some gems.

My m6 demon hunter is really a glass cannon. 1mil+ dps with only 2.2mil console " toughness."

Doesnt matter. GR scale base on their number. Around GF 25 equal t6....

Doesnt matter what you have the game set on.

The trial is a clusterfuck just for the fact that certain builds are way better in it than others, I wouldn't worry about it too much really you will just get used to it over time.

And yeah, difficulty for GRs is completely independent, even if you jump into the game on normal difficulty GR 25 will still be as hard as T6.

And if you are having defensive troubles, if you are playing alone you should really be looking for a double unity setup. It's pretty much mandatory for playing alone. Only people not using unity alone are those doing cheesy high GR shit that can barely be called playing the game (and such a small portion of people do it that it doesn't matter). If you are playing in a group the only way to really stop the damage is by having someone in your group do crowd control, witch doctor is best by a long shot.

Funny both of you mention that, today on my first rift run of the new patch I got the skeleton key. I feel like I had a unity ring drop for one time but idk where it went.

I prefer to play with gaffers but no one was on at the time. My barb has the immortal king set bonus and the leap quake so maybe that's why the trial was so easy. Sounds like if I ever roll alone again I'll have to call up the templar :p

ZenaxPure

Grimløck;133388273 said:
yeah. sigh gotta farm gems just to reroll lol.

They did some enchanting hotfixes in the PC version, I am curious of those made it into the console patch as well. The big thing is that rings/ammys only require imperial gems to reroll now instead of flawless imperial gems.

Also if you can I'd sacrifice your main stat before CC or CHD. But obviously that is a lot harder on pre 2.1 items you probably have already rerolled.

subwilde

They did some enchanting hotfixes in the PC version, I am curious of those made it into the console patch as well. The big thing is that rings/ammys only require imperial gems to reroll now instead of flawless imperial gems.

Also if you can I'd sacrifice your main stat before CC or CHD. But obviously that is a lot harder on pre 2.1 items you probably have already rerolled.

Pretty sure it's the same flawless cost.

USC-fan

Banned

woah....

Thanks for the heads up. I been moving everything to flawless. Time to stop that!

It still flawless on console. Had to reroll today!

HORRORSHØW

it's still flawless imperials on consoles.

thanks for the suggestion to reroll the main stat. yeah, my rorg is already rolled with chd. i would farm another rorg but there's no guarantee that it's going to roll with cc and chd.

Took long enough!

So Glad I didn't waste all my rerolls on OwE. My toughness went up almost 1.5 mill with the new Harmony rune. OwE was awesome, but not worth the high reroll investment imo.

I've y
et to try the new Grifts. Best to start at lvl 1 I take it?

USC-fan

Banned
Took long enough!

So Glad I didn't waste all my rerolls on OwE. My toughness went up almost 1.5 mill with the new Harmony rune. OwE was awesome, but not worth the high reroll investment imo.

I've y
et to try the new Grifts. Best to start at lvl 1 I take it?
If you start at 1. then let it count down to under 4 min than beat every greater rift. You can go up one at a time and you get a legendary gem after each boss. So you will have all gems by the time you get to a GR that will give you a 100% to upgrade a gem.

Best way to start at level one is start the trail and then wrap to town before anything spawns.

Players who want to get lots of LGems in a row, or repeated quality drops from the Guardian, often choose to advance slowly. For instance, if a player capable of clearing Torment 1 clears GR5 to 95% completion in just a few minutes, they might choose to wait until 10:30 or later to finish the rift, so their next GR Key will only be level 6. (Beating a rift by more than 4:30 will advance the GR Key more than one level. Players need not wait in the Greater Rift for the timer to count; they can portal back to town and go play elsewhere in the game while the Greater Rift timer keeps running (although players will not be able to see the time left for finishing GRift if they are out of GRift). Their inventory and stash items will remain inaccessible while the Greater Rift is open, but they can complete bounties, pick up gold and items (just not put them down), upgrade gems with the Jeweler, etc... and then return to the Greater Rift to finish off the Guardian at 10:30 or later, get the item drops, and only advance to the next highest GRift level. (Rather than killing the GRG quickly and thus advancing multiple GR levels at once, thus reducing the total number of Grifts they can complete without needing to spend another GR Key.)
Be sure not to cast a town portal while clearing other areas, or it will replace the portal you left from the Greater Rift, and you'll have to run back through all the cleared out areas to find where you were when you first returned to town.
- See more at: http://www.diablowiki.net/Greater_Rifts#sthash.SfBECERN.dpuf

ZenaxPure

Grimløck;133389134 said:
it's still flawless imperials on consoles.

thanks for the suggestion to reroll the main stat. yeah, my rorg is already rolled with chd. i would farm another rorg but there's no guarantee that it's going to roll with cc and chd.

Sucks :( Trying to reroll rings/necks fucking murders your gem supply, guess the console patch was done before the hotfix was made (as this hotfix is recent).

As for a rorg, it's actually impossible. Stupid thing always rolls with main stat, LoH, and attack speed. Best you can hope for on it is main stat, socket, LoH or attack speed, and a stat of your choice.

USC-fan

Banned
Sucks :( Trying to reroll rings/necks fucking murders your gem supply, guess the console patch was done before the hotfix was made (as this hotfix is recent).

As for a rorg, it's actually impossible. Stupid thing always rolls with main stat, LoH, and attack speed. Best you can hope for on it is main stat, socket, LoH or attack speed, and a stat of your choice.

You could always quit the game and just dont save on consoles ;)

bobawesome

I finally completed my Akkhan set and raised my dps to over 900,000. Two pieces of Roland's set also dropped. Today was a good day.

OK looking at the patch notes, has ANYTHING been done about the drop rates for RoRGs? Im kind of sick of farming act 1 bounties, opening caches and getting nothing.

Do gems cost less now to make/remove etc?

Is this out on XB1 yet?

Striek

Is there any point to contuining a grift after you kill the boss? Or is killing the boss the only thing to do (can elite mobs even drop anything?).

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I play the game regularly. :)

Then be a gent and join me for some mp sometimes!
I have no idea how mp works in Diablo, do we need to be the same lvl? Meaning I'll have to max my character before bring able to meaningfully play with folks who've been playing since day1?

Hey Dash what if you don't remember me from here?

I'm not sure I get what you're saying? :p

Seriously, what do you mean?

Striek

I have no idea how mp works in Diablo, do we need to be the same lvl? Meaning I'll have to max my character before bring able to meaningfully play with folks who've been playing since day1?

No the game boosts you up to their level (70) temporarily. You will level super fast though if you join higher level players.

Gator86

Diablo 3 is ridiculously fun and I have played an obscene amount of it but man, I fucking hate RNG-based progression. Nothing fucking drops ever and when something does it's terrible. You can't even depend on the enchanter because that's RNG too and it bankrupts you incredibly quickly. Just ran about a dozen greater rifts without a single legendary drop. Few games can be as frustrating as RNG-based ones.

Striek

Damn, Blizz trivialised the fuck outta gold and (normal) gems with The Vault. Found it, got 20 or so imp. gems, 13 million or so gold and two legendaries. Fuck.yes.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

I'm not sure I get what you're saying? :p

Seriously, what do you mean?
It has an apprentice system so if you join me where I play a max level character you get boosted a bit to my level. D3 is very approachable for multiplayer.

Paganmoon

Are there any plans for getting character profiles online for the console versions?

Btw, Tunesmith, up for some D3 tonight? Either HC or rifts?

Number45

Carried on levelling my HC Barb (38 now) this morning, and I seem to be tearing shit up insanely fast without any changes being made.

If anyone wants a levelling buddy (completely hack free) in HC mode give me a shout. PSN is the same as GAF.

This is the most gaming fun I've had in a really long time.

I'm hooked it's so fun it's amazing.

I do need to fill up my friends list some more so if anyone is down for some coop add me on psn

UziPinkyRing

HORRORSHØW

took down the boss with 2 seconds to spare. they have so much hp. up to gr33. maybe i can push it to 34 if the map isn't shit.

BzarlQWCMAAW1ZB.jpg

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
The changes to how sacrifice works had me shaking my head and laughing last night.

In case you don't know, sacrifice now consumes one zombie dog at a time, does over 1000% weapon damage and now works with zombie dogs not summoned via the summon skill.

I was tearing shit up with my 4 second Homunculus so brilliantly last night that it let me finally push up to Torment V, whereas before the patch I was just finding my feet in IV.

ZenaxPure

Damn, Blizz trivialised the fuck outta gold and (normal) gems with The Vault. Found it, got 20 or so imp. gems, 13 million or so gold and two legendaries. Fuck.yes.

Honestly the boon of the hoarder gem (that you get from the boss) is the real game breaking part when it comes to gold. You can get millions of gold from a T6 rift even with the gem at rank 0.

Woorloog

Banned
I wonder what the chances are...
My friend is rolling amulets from Kadala, and i say "Roll an Ouroborous"
And he got one. Really good one for that matter. Incredible.

Audioboxer

Just logged in with 2.1 for the first time, my DPS and Armour have stayed the same but my health stat has gone from about 15k to 38k lol.

From the patch notes it seems the only non-retroactive chance for me is for my Jekangbord shield. Need to get another to drop for whatever the new proc chance thing is. I've pretty much got the perfect one though, will be hard to replace :/

I did roll with a slot on my weapon (and changed another stat), so I guess I will need another Gryfalcon as well if one of those new weapon slot items drops for me.

ZenaxPure

From the patch notes it seems the only non-retroactive chance for me is for my Jekangbord shield. Need to get another to drop for whatever the new proc chance thing is. I've pretty much got the perfect one though, will be hard to replace :/

Nah, no need to. The patch note is just to indicate that the extra shields you get can proc things now as they could not before. This is mostly a change for legendary gems since there are a lot of them that are damage effects you proc in addition to your normal attack. Nothing about the shield is different.

You can go 100s of hours between Vault appearances. RNG RNG

On the plus side as long as you find it once gold is no longer an issue. Frankly I wouldn't bother with trying to ever find a second one.

Played a bit last night and finally got to lvl 70 and did it on T1. T1 wasn't too bad but I still have very shitty equipment and haven't gotten anything worth a dam since lvl 60. Anyone want to help my crusader out?

Number45

Right, I think I'm going to ditch my SC Crusader and start gearing up another character. Suggestions for a class that's not too hard to gear up and be effective at higher torments? My shitty luck with gear doesn't fill me with confidence. >_<

I have all classes at 70, so I'm good to go.

Top Bottom