• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

turnbuckle

In the first 2 minutes of playing after the patch, on my first bounty, on my first goblin, I found the vault. I found maybe another 20 goblins and no such luck. Either I was extremely lucky that first time or there were some shenanigans going on boosting the chance of finding the first one after the patch or something.

Was really nice going from a few million gold to like 26 million. Was able to do a few more gem upgrades and found a legendary gem as well.

I have an extra legendary potion that gives bonus to life on kill if anyone wants it.

ZenaxPure

Right, I think I'm going to ditch my SC Crusader and start gearing up another character. Suggestions for a class that's not too hard to gear up and be effective at higher torments? My shitty luck with gear doesn't fill me with confidence. >_<

I have all classes at 70, so I'm good to go.

Cookie cutter pet witch doctor is pretty much the easiest thing to gear up since the only required item is really a Mask of Jeram. There are other amazing items for the build like SMK and Tall Man's Finger, but, MoJ gives a ridiculous power boost that makes getting into higher torment levels a lot easier.

turnbuckle

Looking up some stuff online I realize I have a gyrfalcon foot and a jekanbord shield sitting in my stash. Not sure how good the rolls are on either, but next time I get a chance to play I'm gonna toy around with that combination for a bit. Might require me to dial down my Torment level temporarily but the thought of Free Blessed Shield + the extra ricochet affix from Jekanbord sounds like it could be fun.

I wish I didn't have to work today

Switched over to the waiting Firebird set, Mammoth Hydra and re-rolled everything to non-shit.

Two Hydras + Mirrorball + Firebird = The whole world burns.

Might go for a conduit gem, but he's basically finished. Dat Fire Dot.

Number45

Cookie cutter pet witch doctor is pretty much the easiest thing to gear up since the only required item is really a Mask of Jeram. There are other amazing items for the build like SMK and Tall Man's Finger, but, MoJ gives a ridiculous power boost that makes getting into higher torment levels a lot easier.
Thanks, might give it a whirl. Is it something like build 2 from this page?

http://diablo.somepage.com/popular/witch-doctor#builds

Raptor

I'm not sure I get what you're saying? :p

Seriously, what do you mean?

You said no lurkers but how you will know Im a gafer? lol was a silly joke.

What? How?

I feel bad :(

I picked up the item from the mail then went to kadala to transmog the Chest piece and got out then I had to put a movie because of my daughter but I completly forgot to go to the menu first and so my item got lost because it didnt save.

:(

This the second time this happens to me, the first time was a Str based RORG :(

I did a Rift and got 2 legendaries INVIOLABLE FAITH and BLADE OF PROPHECY so I at the end of the day I was still happy for my findings, now I will not rest till I find a Foot of my own, and I will :)

Audioboxer

You said no lurkers but how you will know Im a gafer? lol was a silly joke.

I feel bad :(

I picked up the item from the mail then went to kadala to transmog the Chest piece and got out then I had to put a movie because of my daughter but I completly forgot to go to the menu first and so my item got lost because it didnt save.

:(

This the second time this happens to me, the first time was a Str based RORG :(

I did a Rift and got 2 legendaries INVIOLABLE FAITH and BLADE OF PROPHECY so I at the end of the day I was still happy for my findings, now I will not rest till I find a Foot of my own, and I will :)

I feel your pain. Lost a few things from auto-standby. Nothing too serious though.

I need to get a new foot anyway, mine came with a slot and I rolled something else - Where as now we can add a slot with an item.

dralla

Played a little 2.1 last night, ran through a couple rifts. Loving the improved shield bash, it's so quick. I got a new area in the first rift I went into. The phalanx shield sounds pretty awesome, I'd love to find it. But my current shield is so damn good. I still need a Stone of Jordan and a socketed Darklight to 'complete' by build. Just when I thought I was out too, damn you 2.1

Raptor

I feel your pain. Lost a few things from auto-standby. Nothing too serious though.

I need to get a new foot anyway, mine came with a slot and I rolled something else - Where as now we can add a slot with an item.

Yeah I agree, I will find it along with that shield to make a captain America build lols, sounds fun.

Also this was teh second time I get a legendary from a random thing, this time was those little ground squares that drop stuff, I was walking normally then all teh sudden a legendary and I Was like "WTF" out of nowhere with no enemy at all in sight lol, the other was from a jar on the catacombs, so from now on I will destroy and open everything everywhere, I might find a FoTF lying in some jar.

ZenaxPure

Thanks, might give it a whirl. Is it something like build 2 from this page?

http://diablo.somepage.com/popular/witch-doctor#builds

The thing labeled as witch doctor lower 75% build #3 is the standard pet build at low gear levels. For clarity's sake it is this setup. It changes a bit at later gear levels, but, that skill setup with just a Mask of Jeram and decently rolled legendary pieces (stat wise) can take you to T5 pretty easily. It works at lower torments incredibly well too but MoJ will push you up multiple difficulties the second you get it.

The thing to note about the build is the final form of it will have some of the rarer items in the game (such as SMK, a ceremonial knife, and Tasker and Theo), but, it's one of the few builds in the game that doesn't actually require certain pieces to actually function. Unlike other builds where the items change the core functions of certain abilities (like leap causing earthquakes or sentries shooting hatred spenders) all the items for the pet build simply increases your damage output, so, the build functions at every gear level. I assume that makes sense.

In the first 2 minutes of playing after the patch, on my first bounty, on my first goblin, I found the vault. I found maybe another 20 goblins and no such luck. Either I was extremely lucky that first time or there were some shenanigans going on boosting the chance of finding the first one after the patch or something.

Was really nice going from a few million gold to like 26 million. Was able to do a few more gem upgrades and found a legendary gem as well.

I have an extra legendary potion that gives bonus to life on kill if anyone wants it.

You got lucky. I've killed about 15 of them without seeing the vault yet.

Krayzie

I feel like I missed something since I don't know where are the Greater Rifts.

Lol. You've got to get the key of trials from defeating rift guardians in normal neplalem rifts.
(From my exp so far, you'r guarenteed a drop from each guardian defeated)
Use that key to fight various waves of enemies (faster you kill em, the higher level GR keys you'll obtain)

Then just use the GR rift key on the nephalem obelisk and prepare for a mucho tough challenge :)

Paganmoon

I feel like I missed something since I don't know where are the Greater Rifts.

You need keys that can drop from (regular) rift guardians iirc.

Lol. You've got to get the key of trials from defeating rift guardians in normal neplalem rifts.
Use that key to fight various waves of enemies (faster you kill em, the higher level GR keys you'll obtain)

I'm guessing they don't drop on all levels? (that is, if you're doing rifts at level 20)

Raptor

Then just use the GR rift key on the nephalem obelisk and prepare for a mucho tough challenge :)

Normal rifts as in Normal dif or normal as in normal regular good ol guardians on any dif?

So the rift guardian always drops a fresh Key of Trials?

The KoT works kinda like a qualifying lap, it seems; your performance in the Trial determines what level grift you'll jump in to. After our Trial, we got a grift18 key. We beat that, got our legendary gems, and upgraded our key to grift19. We failed that one, so we couldn't go for grift20, and instead we were "forced" to cash out and start rolling upgrades for the two leg gems we'd each gotten. (The grift19 guardian still dropped a gem even though time had run out.)

So after the next rift, we'll get another KoT for qualifying? How high do grifts go?

Krayzie

You need keys that can drop from (regular) rift guardians iirc.

I'm guessing they don't drop on all levels? (that is, if you're doing rifts at level 20)

Maybe i'm just drunk but i'm not sure what you'r asking m8. Do ya mean level as in what level your character is at or greater rift level?

Krayzie

So the rift guardian always drops a fresh Key of Trials?

The KoT works kinda like a qualifying lap, it seems; your performance in the Trial determines what level grift you'll jump in to. After our Trial, we got a grift18 key. We beat that, got our legendary gems, and upgraded our key to grift19. We failed that one, so we couldn't go for grift20, and instead we were "forced" to cash out and start rolling upgrades for the two leg gems we'd each gotten. (The grift19 guardian still dropped a gem even though time had run out.)

So after the next rift, we'll get another KoT for qualifying? How high do grifts go?

I'm pretty sure you obtain KoT only from defeating guardians via regular rifts. As for how high they go, based on what I read on blizzard forums, its infinite. But the highest ever known in PC is 30 something IINM. If it is infinite, then those with hacked items could go on and on and on (that is if it is indeed inf).

My exp was slightly diff, when i finished one GR @ 19, it bumped me up to level 24 on the next one. Guessing it depends on how switfly you completed the last one. Was on a party of 3 and the diff in difficulty was somewhat shocking for me.

If you fail it, you's still guarenteed a chance to upgrade ur leg gems. Passing it will let u choose between another GR OR upgrading leg gems.

Krayzie

Will rift guardians drop Grift keys, no matter what level your character is. :)

Ohhh right. Sorry bout that (guess i sld have dinner be4 hitting the pub eh :p)
No idea bout that unfortunately. But i should think so, though being lvl 20 should be a bitch doing the GR as each level increases the diff by quite a lot AND (correct me if i'm wrong) but you cant choose the torment level on GR's. It's scaled by level i.e GR 20 is equivalent to T4 and GR 30 above is T6.

Again, I might be wrong.

Hopefully soon. Getting tired of waiting for the game to be up to date.
Since the console version will always lag behind the PC version, it might be better for your mental health if you simply consider the console version to be up to date, in that it's the most recent build available for the platform. ;)

Paganmoon

Ohhh right. Sorry bout that (guess i sld have dinner be4 hitting the pub eh :p)
No idea bout that unfortunately. But i should think so, though being lvl 20 should be a bitch doing the GR as each level increases the diff by quite a lot AND (correct me if i'm wrong) but you cant choose the torment level on GR's. It's scaled by level i.e GR 20 is equivalent to T4 and GR 30 above is T6.

Again, I might be wrong.

Yeah, but I should be able to send the Grift keys to my higher level char, right?

Yeah, but I should be able to send the Grift keys to my higher level char, right?
Probably, if you can stash them.

But if you can get a KoT with your lvl 20 toon, you may as well try to use it. Maybe you only end up qualifying for grift2 or even grift1, but it'll be appropriate to your performance in the trial, and should have good drops.

Then again, perhaps "DNQ" is a possible result in your Trial. :p

Paganmoon

Probably, if you can stash them.

But if you can get a KoT with your lvl 20 toon, you may as well try to use it. Maybe you only end up qualifying for grift2 or even grift1, but it'll be appropriate to your performance in the trial, and should have good drops.

Then again, perhaps "DNQ" is a possible result in your Trial. :p

doing T1 rifts with my lvl 17 monk (though I may die a few times), so might try it out.

Krayzie

I was off the impression that the cost of crafting gems was significantly reduced in 2.1 but it's still the same for me.

doing T1 rifts with my lvl 17 monk (though I may die a few times), so might try it out.

That....sounds like a have a mighty powerful monk on your hands. My brother's WD just got to lvl 70 and doing T1 is manageable at the most for him.

ZenaxPure

I'm pretty sure you obtain KoT only from defeating guardians via regular rifts. As for how high they go, based on what I read on blizzard forums, its infinite. But the highest ever known in PC is 30 something IINM. If it is infinite, then those with hacked items could go on and on and on (that is if it is indeed inf).

It is indeed infinite. The highest anyone has made it on PC right now is around GR 50 in a 4 player group I think (but it's been a while since I checked). Solo people have made it close to 50 but it is through very cheesy things that is just a nightmare and makes the game not fun.

Paganmoon

I was off the impression that the cost of crafting gems was significantly reduced in 2.1 but it's still the same for me.

That....sounds like a have a mighty powerful monk on your hands. My brother's WD just got to lvl 70 and doing T1 is manageable at the most for him.

Fourth char, so it's tricked out with some gear and paragon levels. usually have to drop down to master if I out level my gear too fast, and back up to T1 when I can craft some more.

Top Bottom