• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Haines

Banned
Since the console version will always lag behind the PC version, it might be better for your mental health if you simply consider the console version to be up to date, in that it's the most recent build available for the platform. ;)

Right. I just would rather play another game and put time into d3 when its up to date instead of before. I'll prob look up the console patch notes and play some anyways and this patch was timely I n the grand scheme of things.

LordAlu

Key of Trials does not always drop from Rift Guardians. A friend and I did three Nephalem Rifts on Torment III and neither of us got a single key.

Right. I just would rather play another game and put time into d3 when its up to date instead of before. I'll prob look up the console patch notes and play some anyways and this patch was timely I n the grand scheme of things.
Well, that's what I'm saying though. By the time the consoles get 2.1.1, the PC will have 2.1.2, and you still won't be able to play the current version. So, you'll basically never get to play it on the console.

That, or come to terms with the fact that 2.1.0 is the current version, and start enjoying the game now.

Krayzie

Key of Trials does not always drop from Rift Guardians. A friend and I did three Nephalem Rifts on Torment III and neither of us got a single key.

Hmm guess i was wrong bout that then. I did 3 rifts and got a key on all of em.
Furthermore, everyone on my team got one as well. Guess we were just lucky.
Was running T4 if it matters.

I notice now rifts only take one rift fragment now instead of 5 which is great.
Made you wish you held on for the patch eh :)

Pons

Neo Member
So from what I am reading, the 2.1 hotfixes aren't in, just the main 2.1 patch? While 2.1 is great, that kinda sucks as I am waiting for the hotfix that boosts bounty legendary drop rate. Ive ran hundreds of act 1 bounties and still no rorg, not even a crappy one. Plenty of the other act 1 legendaries, but no ring. Yet my lady has one on both of her characters. Sigh...

I was kind of hoping Blizzard would have rolled all the hotfixes into 2.1 console patch to get console up to date with PC current.

ZenaxPure

I cant fathom the madness of GR 50, got a link to any vids of it?

There are plenty of videos out there, but, it's nothing amazing. Frankly it's very boring and makes you roll your eyes. Like the highest people on the leaderboard over the past month has been people who just keep doing high GRs until they get one with easy mobs and good density and then they clear most of it but stop and just run around and look for a conduit or a power pylon to kill the boss, if there isn't one they just reset the game and start over. It's nothing mindblowing or cool.

Well, that's what I'm saying though. By the time the consoles get 2.1.1, the PC will have 2.1.2, and you still won't be able to play the current version. So, you'll basically never get to play it on the console.

That, or come to terms with the fact that 2.1.0 is the current version, and start enjoying the game now.

It's not even the patches you have to worry about, it's the hotfixes really. They come unannounced and can randomly make pretty big changes (such as the gem change I mentioned earlier, totally a hotfix). The things happen all the damn time, there have been at least a dozen if not more over the past couple of months.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Played for 2 hours tonight post patch. Got 7 legendaries and one green piece. Much better drop rates. Still no rorg or fate of the fell :/

Don't worry about fate of the fell now. Shot gun is a second rate build in 2.1 greater rifts because got to stand in melee range. Work towards stamped build that is the best 2.1 greater rift build. I got some of the stuff but got a long way to go need stamped shield,gift and new chest. Also desperately need the stupid immortal token for templar.

Greater rifts are brutal past 30 for me right now. Just going to work on trial keys while looking for stuff for the stamped build. Also need amulet and rings I can actually add a socket to with out losing cool down or crit damage. Paragon 392 and still using rare amulet.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Hit 70 finally. What area should I invest my paragon levels in? Using a crusader.

Movement speed to get to 25% then strength. Cool down reduction till maxed. Resist all till maxed. Then I would do area damage till maxed out. That covers the first 200 paragon levels.

Krayzie

Anything you're feeling weak in except for Gold Find. Never put points in GF.

To add on. Dont forget that movement speed is limited to 25% (be it through items AND paragon points). Once you reach the cap for that, I would advise putting the rest on increasing ur max wrath. That way, you can make do without the primary attacks (which in turn frees up a slot for adding another secondary attack or whatever suits your build)

Movement speed to get to 25% then strength. Cool down reduction till maxed. Resist all till maxed. Then I would do area damage till maxed out. That covers the first 200 paragon levels.

Is area dmg really worthwhile? I completely neglected it as I thought it was kinda useless.
Am I mistaken?

On another note, dont forget that you can always reset the points and reallocate it.

Raptor

Don't worry about fate of the fell now. Shot gun is a second rate build in 2.1 greater rifts because got to stand in melee range. Work towards stamped build that is the best 2.1 greater rift build. I got some of the stuff but got a long way to go need stamped shield,gift and new chest. Also desperately need the stupid immortal token for templar.

Greater rifts are brutal past 30 for me right now. Just going to work on trial keys while looking for stuff for the stamped build. Also need amulet and rings I can actually add a socket to with out losing cool down or crit damage. Paragon 392 and still using legendary amulet.

Stampede Build?

Got any more info on that?

To add on. Dont forget that movement speed is limited to 25% (be it through items AND paragon points). Once you reach the cap for that, I would advise putting the rest on increasing ur max wrath. That way, you can make do without the primary attacks (which in turn frees up a slot for adding another secondary attack or whatever suits your build)

Is area dmg really worthwhile? I completely neglected it as I thought it was kinda useless.
Am I mistaken?

On another note, dont forget that you can always reset the points and reallocate it.
Area damage helps you make short work of crowds, since the bigger the crowd, the more damage being spilled out on and from them.

Doesn't really do anything for solo fights though.

Gragen

So I just received a Roland's Visage from Kadala, it's the first of that set I've seen on UEE. Is this new with the patch?

Duallusion

Two greater rift runs in and I'm already annoyed by this resurrect at the beginning of the level bullshit. Why couldn't they just penalize every death by shaving 30 seconds off the timer or something? Instead they make us run through empty levels and discourage moving to higher level rifts if you've barely made the last one.

Cool gems though.

Oh, here are my questions about area damage.

Is it just a straight 20% chance, or do proc coefficients apply? If they do, is it all or nothing like APoC, or is the pcf used as a multiplier, like with LoH?

If I have 15% area damage from two sources, do I have a 20% chance to do 30% AD, or do I have two 20% chances to do 15% AD?

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
You said no lurkers but how you will know Im a gafer? lol was a silly joke.

Lol

Well, it's as easy as including your GAF handle in the friend request message :)

Btw, thanks for all the friend requests guys, keep 'me coming, can't wait to start playing the game over the weekend, I chose 1-day shipping so it should be delivered on Friday (hopefully they won't screw this up)

I wanted to play the game since vanilla's release on PC, so it's about time! I loved what little I've played on PS360, that was a good example on how to sell me on a game with a demo release.

quest

Not Banned from OT
based on 600 paragon lols.

Im only 60

It is a end game build so the requirements are high. You don't need to be paragon 600 to run it. Gear and paragon 200 then it will get more powerful with more paragon levels. Reason for 200 is to max out cool down reduction paragon category.

Imouto

Banned
Oh, here are my questions about area damage.

Is it just a straight 20% chance, or do proc coefficients apply? If they do, is it all or nothing like APoC, or is the pcf used as a multiplier, like with LoH?

If I have 15% area damage from two sources, do I have a 20% chance to do 30% AD, or do I have two 20% chances to do 15% AD?

Pretty sure it's 20% chance to do 30% AD. When you highlight the Area Damage line, it will tell you that.

Raptor

The math for this is simple right? just add?

Like if I have a weapon with 8.0 % cool down reduction and a piece of armor with 5.0 % that means in general I have 13.0 % CDR right?

The math for this is simple right? just add?

Like if I have a weapon with 8.0 % cool down reduction and a piece of armor with 5.0 % that means in general I have 13.0 % CDR right?
Do CDR and RCR add? I assumed they'd multiply, so you couldn't reach 100% reduction. So 8% + 5% would give you like 12.6% total reduction; 1 - (92% * 95%)

Edit: Yeah, what she said. ^^^

I dont get it but the amount that says on the character sheet is what it is no?
Not at home to check, but if they total it for you, it should be accurate.

The issue is they don't want you to be able to reach 0% cooldown. So rather than adding the bonuses together, they multiply them. So if you have two pieces of -10% gear, instead of a straight 20% reduction, you pay 90% of the base cost, then 90% of that reduced cost. So instead of 100%-20%=80%, it's 90%*90%=81%.

Follow?

Raptor

Not at home to check, but if they total it for you, it should be accurate.

The issue is they don't want you to be able to reach 0% cooldown. So rather than adding the bonuses together, they multiply them. So if you have two pieces of -10% gear, instead of a straight 20% reduction, you pay 90% of the base cost, then 90% of that reduced cost. So instead of 100%-20%=80%, it's 90%*90%=81%.

Follow?

Yes I think I can understand now.

Thanks man.

Yes I think I can understand now.

Thanks man.
Happy to help. :)

Pretty sure it's 20% chance to do 30% AD. When you highlight the Area Damage line, it will tell you that.
Ah, thanks. I only have a single piece of AD gear right now, so I wasn't sure. I did some research, and it looks like proc coefficients don't apply to area damage, so every mob you hit with a given attack has a 20% chance to squirt, regardless of the attack you hit them with. So yeah, area damage can add up pretty quickly, especially when you apply it to AoE attacks.

In other news, damage procs from gear no longer proc additional effects. So for example, the chain lightning from my GF's Thunderfury and Odyn Son will no longer proc the stun on the Wyrdward I was hoping to get for her, nor would the lightning damage from Thundergod's Vigor, for example. Even my Moonlight Ward will no longer proc my Flux, and everything procs Flux. :'(

Audioboxer

My Jekganbord and Gyrfalcon build just can't do T6. Single target DPS is just really poor.

What are some end game crusader builds based around Akkhan now? Is the shotgun build nerfed in 2.1? Stacked a bit of holy power on armour as well.

Thanks

h3ro

My Jekganbord and Gyrfalcon build just can't do T6. Single target DPS is just really poor.

What are some end game crusader builds based around Akkhan now? Is the shotgun build nerfed in 2.1? Stacked a bit of holy power on armour as well.

Thanks

I haven't gone up to T6 as of yet, but Akkhan + Capt Crimson gear for my Shotgun build is taking T4 easily and T5 with some difficulty (taking more hits to kill mobs which runs me into Wrath issues).

I'm gonna mess around with this build. I wonder if I can just plug and play this into my Shotgun build, replace my Fate of the Fell with a suitable weapon and play a stampede build since they both seem to focus on CDR and wrath usage.

Jolkien

I haven't gone up to T6 as of yet, but Akkhan + Capt Crimson gear for my Shotgun build is taking T4 easily and T5 with some difficulty (taking more hits to kill mobs which runs me into Wrath issues).

I'm gonna mess around with this build. I wonder if I can just plug and play this into my Shotgun build, replace my Fate of the Fell with a suitable weapon and play a stampede build since they both seem to focus on CDR and wrath usage.

You need physical skill damage instead of holy for stampede but otherwise you should be pretty much ok.

ZenaxPure

Shotgun is still fine, it has mostly just fallen in popularity because it is a melee build and melee builds become worse and worse as you move up GR ranks. Stampede is the most popular build right now due to the fact it is a ranged build (Stampede horses travel off screen and can damage things off screen).

The thing to keep in mind is that Stampede and Shotgun are basically exactly the same in skill selection except for your spender (stampede takes stampede and shotgun takes shotgun obviously) and the damage between the two abilities is almost identical, Stampede is only about 100 weapon damage higher than Shotgun. That doesn't automatically make Stampede better though because it's damage is split by 6 (6 horses shot per cast) and those horses disappear if they come into contact with any non-breakable object or environmental object (such as holes in the ground or fences). For example in tight hallways like you often find in caves it is possible to only get 2/6 horses to actually deal damage which means you're only getting ~1000% weapon damage where as Shotgun is pretty much always effective.

My main point really is that both builds are fine for general play, I'd probably just go with whatever gear you get first. Shotgun requires a weapon to work and Stampede requires a shield. The shield is certainly easier to gamble for.

Does Bane of the Powerful proc after killing each member of an elite pack, or only after finishing off the entire pack? The description seems to imply the latter, but this seems to imply the former.

Bane of the Powerful -
The on-kill damage bonus is additive with self-buffs from the A1 buff pool. The bonus vs elites added by the secondary is additive with other bonus vs elite affixes (e.g. SoJ, Furnace) from your gear.
The on-kill effect can be procced by killing the clones created by illusionist elites.

ZenaxPure

Does Bane of the Powerful proc after killing each member of an elite pack, or only after finishing off the entire pack? The description seems to imply the latter, but this seems to imply the former.

Bane of the Powerful -
The on-kill damage bonus is additive with self-buffs from the A1 buff pool. The bonus vs elites added by the secondary is additive with other bonus vs elite affixes (e.g. SoJ, Furnace) from your gear.
The on-kill effect can be procced by killing the clones created by illusionist elites.

Normally it only procs when you finish an entire pack, but, it is bugged so that killing an illusionist mob (as in the clones that get created, not the real mob) will proc it as well. There was a blue post that said it was a bug, but, I don't think they've fixed it even on the PC version yet.

Audioboxer

Shotgun is still fine, it has mostly just fallen in popularity because it is a melee build and melee builds become worse and worse as you move up GR ranks. Stampede is the most popular build right now due to the fact it is a ranged build (Stampede horses travel off screen and can damage things off screen).

The thing to keep in mind is that Stampede and Shotgun are basically exactly the same in skill selection except for your spender (stampede takes stampede and shotgun takes shotgun obviously) and the damage between the two abilities is almost identical, Stampede is only about 100 weapon damage higher than Shotgun. That doesn't automatically make Stampede better though because it's damage is split by 6 (6 horses shot per cast) and those horses disappear if they come into contact with any non-breakable object or environmental object (such as holes in the ground or fences). For example in tight hallways like you often find in caves it is possible to only get 2/6 horses to actually deal damage which means you're only getting ~1000% weapon damage where as Shotgun is pretty much always effective.

My main point really is that both builds are fine for general play, I'd probably just go with whatever gear you get first. Shotgun requires a weapon to work and Stampede requires a shield. The shield is certainly easier to gamble for.

Thanks for this explanation. As I mostly play alone and will no doubt roll a new character once I can do T6 and all of the new 2.1 content (getting crazy high in Grifts doesn't matter) I'll probably go shotgun. I have a fair bit of holy damage stacked on my gear and apparently stampede needs physical not holy.

The new shield still looks cool though, wonder if it can fit into a shotgun build and I can have double skeleton archers? :D

Any good guides for the basic shotgun build? Have this one for stampede.

edit: LOL I just rolled the shield on Kadala first go after dropping from T6 to T5 from my "ragequit" earlier. Doesn't have the best of rolls but it's decent :D
edit2: This build looks interesting with the new armour http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Raazel-6529/hero/43988946

Top Bottom