• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

OmegaDL50

Hey PSN friends, please don't let a Nemesis kill you and have it hop in to my Hardcore run that ends up with me getting #rekt

lol

From what I've read on the Blizzard forums, the Nemesis feature doesn't apply for Hardcore.

The premise of the Nemesis creatures is if you defeat them items are shared between the person who kill it and the last person who was killed by the Nemesis. In the case of Hardcore however this does not apply because for a Hardcore character, Death is permanent.

From what I've read on the Blizzard forums, the Nemesis feature doesn't apply for Hardcore.

The premise of the Nemesis creatures is if you defeat them items are shared between the person who kill it and the last person who was killed by the Nemesis. In the case of Hardcore however this does not apply because for a Hardcore character, Death is permanent.

Good to know, haha

if anyone from NZ/anyone with the game who is transferring characters can tell us exactly what carries over that would be great

is it just items/stash/gold?

are some of the challenges carried over? I know none of the trophyys carry over-but some of the challenges are time consuming. haha.

edit:NZ that blows.

if anyone from NZ/anyone with the game who is transferring characters can tell us exactly what carries over that would be great

is it just items/stash/gold?

are some of the challenges carried over? I know none of the trophyys carry over-but some of the challenges are time consuming. haha.
Was gonna say New Zealand starts in about an hour and a half. Then I remembered that guy with both a physical copy of this and Metro. So incredibly jealous.

Edit: It's worth noting the change they made is that they changed the US preorder to "Diablo III: Reaper of Souls (English)", whereas the NZ version doesn't include the language in the title. So NZ still gets it early, it's just that they now have a different version than the US does, so it can correctly identify which version releases when. I'm about to find out how a digital preorder is cancelled when no payment information is attached to an account.

gruenel

Is there a way to disable the social features on the consoles?

I'll still receive mail and nemesis mobs if I select offline mode in game, right?

Basically I have a shitload of friends I don't know that well and I don't want them to send over cheated items (I'm really OCD about playing legit), I just want to play solo and couch coop with my wife undisturbed.

Kyoufu

I'll still receive mail and nemesis mobs if I select offline mode in game, right?

Basically I have a shitload of friends I don't know that well and I don't want them to send over cheated items (I'm really OCD about playing legit), I just want to play solo and couch coop with my wife undisturbed.

You don't have to accept any mail.

yea play offline it's possible . I'm a social mute myself. (mostly play mp games without talking) because of my wife and baby-so I can relate.

ZeroX03

Banned
Was gonna say New Zealand starts in about an hour and a half. Then I remembered that guy with both a physical copy of this and Metro. So incredibly jealous.

Edit: It's worth noting the change they made is that they changed the US preorder to "Diablo III: Reaper of Souls (English)", whereas the NZ version doesn't include the language in the title. So NZ still gets it early, it's just that they now have a different version than the US does, so it can correctly identify which version releases when. I'm about to find out how a digital preorder is cancelled when no payment information is attached to an account.

According to the NZ webstore they just pushed the date back for New Zealand, now says available in 1 day.

A kick to the nuts to whoever snitched to Sony. :angry:

According to the NZ webstore they just pushed the date back for New Zealand, now says available in 1 day.

A kick to the nuts to whoever snitched to Sony. :angry:
I just watched this fix go into place as the NZ version was installing. Flipping back from Netflix to the dashboard again displayed the correct unlock time.

This sucks.

Guess I can go to sleep now.

Jito

Banned
Anyone know a good deal for the PS4 version and a PS4 controller the UK? Kinda last minute but want to get in on some co-op action on release.

ZeroX03

Banned
I just watched this fix go into place as the NZ version was installing. Flipping back from Netflix to the dashboard again displayed the correct unlock time.

This sucks.

Guess I can go to sleep now.

I IMPULSE BOUGHT FOR NOTHING

Sucks to us in Australia and NZ who can actually buy it legit too. Not that I would (or did).

Duallusion

yea play offline it's possible . I'm a social mute myself. (mostly play mp games without talking) because of my wife and baby-so I can relate.

I hate using mics too and I never know if I'll come across rude, useless or just plain boring without them so I avoid MP altogether, mostly. Wish I could give mute-friendly people like you on my friends list a special tag:)

I IMPULSE BOUGHT FOR NOTHING

Sucks to us in Australia and NZ who can actually buy it legit too. Not that I would (or did).
This is also worth noting though.

hlDbK3j.jpg

I have no idea what's going on.

I got my Xbox One copy from Simply Games here in the UK on Saturday so I've been pretty much playing it all weekend and even for an hour this morning before work! To say it's addictive is a gross understatement; it's insanely so, and that's coming from someone who had already put 150+ hours into the original PC version of Diablo III and the Reaper of Souls expansion. I think I must have put in around 30+ hours just from two days of playtime and that's across four characters (all between level 15 and 27).

The game is utterly sublime on the XBO and I love that I now have direct control of my character with a controller and that there is an easy-to-use dodge feature, that is extremely useful. Also, this game now runs smoothly at 1080p and 60 FPS for about 99.6% of the time, without any of the irritating juddering that the PC version suffers from (to lesser or greater degrees depending on the latency of the connection, as it uses online DRM which the console do not have). There are some framerate hiccups from time to time but they're minor; the blue spinning hammer attack that my level 27 Crusader was using seems to cause a noticeable drop in the framerate when I use it and in the spider cave in Act I (just before the Highlands area) there is a part of the level where the framerate tanks and the controls feel a bit laggy, even when there are no enemies oncreen (likely a bug)! Overall though, the game runs fantastic and looks gorgeous (no one does finer artwork than Blizzard IMO). Loading times are not existent after the initial load with teleporting between areas being instant (after the pre-set animation, obviously)!

I noticed the actual combat sound-effects are very loud, completely overpowering all the other audio and becomes very annoying, very quickly on the default 80% volume so I had to drop mine down to 30% (everything else is set to 80-100% for comparison!). Also, do NOT play this game on Normal as it is way, way too easy and you should at least go for Hard, which is more what I would call Medium difficulty and I am no gaming expert. The only reason to play it on Normal is if you want a quick and easy way to unlock Adventure mode. Expert, the next level up from Hard, is actually more enjoyable than Hard and not too challenging (you WILL die at times though!). It has lots more enemies and 150% the XP, etc., of Normal so if you want a more tense and entertaining game then Expert is the difficulty level to go for IMO.

I actually prefer this game to the PC version because of the controller support and dodge ability which may the game more immersive. The interface is obviously not as easy to use as on the PC but to be fair to Blizzard they have done an exceptional job of adapting it to the controller and it only took me ten minutes to get used to it.

Ayumi

I like to lurk this thread because it's like an alternative D3 universe (I play on PC) and it's really interesting even though I won't play D3 on the PS3/4.

Do any of you already play D3 on PC?
Are you gonna keep playing on PC, and console?

I don't talk much, either, but I do have a mic and don't mind chatting here and there. This game doesn't seem like the type where you really need to coordinate, just romp through areas and loot. Send text through party chat if anything.

I like to lurk this thread because it's like an alternative D3 universe (I play on PC) and it's really interesting even though I won't play D3 on the PS3/4.

Do any of you already play D3 on PC?
Are you gonna keep playing on PC, and console?
I played the crap out of Diablo 3 PC immediately after vanilla and RoS launch, but shortly lost interest because of the grind. I'm more interested in this because I've got more friends on PSN than BattleNet, and the couch co-op is definitely a plus.

Thx for the impressions!
Could your sound issues be related to the September Preview FW? If so, did todays bugfix update help/change it?

I wasn't aware of any issue with the sound on my XBO to be honest until I played Diablo. This is the first game I've played on it where I noticed the sound-effects volume was way too loud. Even 40-50% volume is too loud but on 30% it sounds fine. I have my Sony amp set at a volume of 20 (out of 40) using the DTS 5.1 output via optical out.

I may try switching to DD 5.1 to see if that is better balanced? The problem with Diablo III is that there is a lot of combat and the sounds can be very repetitive so if they're too loud then that can very quickly get annoying, not just for you but also anyone else in the house!

She's shipped!

Come on postman!

If it doesn't arrive I'm going to use it as an excuse to just watch Guardians of the Galaxy again to cheer me up

OmegaDL50

Reaper of Souls is considered an add-on, and is downloaded seperately I believe. Probably gonna end up being one icon.

There is going to be two versions because one of them is the base game pack the secondary RoS is the language version for a specific region.

Nothing about being an add-on, The pre-order bonus being the exception to this though.

Unlike the PC version which RoS is an expansion. It's a full package for the console versions.

One thing that puzzles me is that the XBO game install is 30.2 GB and the Day One patch, which upgrades the resolution from 900p to native 1080p, is 210 MB, bringing the total size of the game to 30.5 GB according to My Games and Apps. I thought the XBO version was supposed to be 16 GB? Why it is even 30+ GB anyway when the PC version that I have is around half that size?

OmegaDL50

One thing that puzzles me is that the XBO game install is 30.2 GB and the Day One patch, which upgrades the resolution for 900p to native 1080p, is 210 MB, bringing the total size of the game to 30.5 GB according to My Games and Apps. I thought the XBO version was supposed to be 16 GB? Why it is even 30+ GB anyway when the PC version that I have is around half that size?

Do you live in the EU.

Apparently Blizzard packed the language packs for each individual language version of the game into the entire game archive, instead of the language file being it's own thing.

This is why the PS4 version on PSN also was falsely reported as 60GB or so because it's counting all of the language packs plus each executable tied to it.

I live in the US so my PS4 copy says it's using 29GB as well but when I go into the Data management utility, yet when I was downloading it last night, it was a 5GB file followed by a 16GB file which adding them together would be 21GB However disc space wise it says it's using 29GB. I don't know how Blizzard packed the console versions but the numbers aren't adding up.

Strange.

gruenel

Okay this is strange.

I tracked D3 downloading last night.

Both the 5GB initial file and a 16GB additional file after that.

Even if I were to add them together it would be just 21GB, but it doesn't explain why UEE on the PS4 says it's 29GB. I don't know where this additional 8GB is coming from.

Wish there was a way to account for this mystery data. This is a US version mind you so there is no language packs involved here.

Packed vs. unpacked maybe?

OmegaDL50

Packed vs. unpacked maybe?

Well compression could very well explain it.

I wouldn't make an issue of this but PS4 games use up so much space. I tend to be mindful of how much of a chunk of the HDD each game takes up.

When I come back from my trip in a few days, first thing I'm gonna do is buy that 2TB HDD upgrade I had my eye on. Then I won't be bothered with this issue anymore.

ZeroX03

Banned
How did you guys get that second game to show up?

Mine is still at 19 hours. Have a friend over too, we could so co-op this tonight.

I got my Xbox One copy from Simply Games here in the UK on Saturday so I've been pretty much playing it all weekend and even for an hour this morning before work! To say it's addictive is a gross understatement; it's insanely so, and that's coming from someone who had already put 150+ hours into the original PC version of Diablo III and the Reaper of Souls expansion. I think I must have put in around 30+ hours just from two days of playtime and that's across four characters (all between level 15 and 27).

The game is utterly sublime on the XBO and I love that I now have direct control of my character with a controller and that there is an easy-to-use dodge feature, that is extremely useful. Also, this game now runs smoothly at 1080p and 60 FPS for about 99.6% of the time, without any of the irritating juddering that the PC version suffers from (to lesser or greater degrees depending on the latency of the connection, as it uses online DRM which the console do not have). There are some framerate hiccups from time to time but they're minor; the blue spinning hammer attack that my level 27 Crusader was using seems to cause a noticeable drop in the framerate when I use it and in the spider cave in Act I (just before the Highlands area) there is a part of the level where the framerate tanks and the controls feel a bit laggy, even when there are no enemies oncreen (likely a bug)! Overall though, the game runs fantastic and looks gorgeous (no one does finer artwork than Blizzard IMO). Loading times are not existent after the initial load with teleporting between areas being instant (after the pre-set animation, obviously)!

I noticed the actual combat sound-effects are very loud, completely overpowering all the other audio and becomes very annoying, very quickly on the default 80% volume so I had to drop mine down to 30% (everything else is set to 80-100% for comparison!). Also, do NOT play this game on Normal as it is way, way too easy and you should at least go for Hard, which is more what I would call Medium difficulty and I am no gaming expert. The only reason to play it on Normal is if you want a quick and easy way to unlock Adventure mode. Expert, the next level up from Hard, is actually more enjoyable than Hard and not too challenging (you WILL die at times though!). It has lots more enemies and 150% the XP, etc., of Normal so if you want a more tense and entertaining game then Expert is the difficulty level to go for IMO.

I actually prefer this game to the PC version because of the controller support and dodge ability which may the game more immersive. The interface is obviously not as easy to use as on the PC but to be fair to Blizzard they have done an exceptional job of adapting it to the controller and it only took me ten minutes to get used to it.

Cheers for the feedback - sounds awesome. 2 hours till i can play.

How long did it take the game to update and install for you after you put the disc in?

Did you export any characters from the PS3/X360 version?

Top Bottom