• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Grimløck;133718171 said:
just upgrade your gems for now. when your % chance to upgrade your gem becomes small, then move up to higher grifts.
I've got 3 legendary gems so far but none seem really good. How does the upgrading work? Does it cost money?

Grimløck;133713329 said:
apparently there's a community event going on right now

BzkXQoMCcAEyRMz.jpg:medium

Woah, nice. Is that something they've added with the latest patch and will it happen regularly?

Number45

Gotta jump right back in!

I remember dying in D2 back in the day...

I would just sit and stare at the death screen thinking fuuuuuuuck...then I'd be like we'll here we go again and re-roll lol. Stupid pindle and lag :(
Yeah, I think I'm going to spend some time gearing up my witch doctor first. Maybe I'll try a different class next time around.

HORRORSHØW

I've got 3 legendary gems so far but none seem really good. How does the upgrading work? Does it cost money?

it doesn't cost any gold. after you beat the grift boss you'll have a chance to either upgrade your grift key to a higher level or upgrade one of your gems. the chance of success depends on the level of the gem and the grift you beat. the higher you level up your gem, the higher the grift has to be in order for you to successfully upgrade it.
Woah, nice. Is that something they've added with the latest patch and will it happen regularly?
hopefully it's a regular thing. this is the first time seeing an event since launch.

Grimløck;133720895 said:
it doesn't cost any gold. after you beat the grift boss you'll have a chance to either upgrade your grift key to a higher level or upgrade one of your gems. the chance of success depends on the level of the gem and the grift you beat. the higher you level up your gem, the higher the grift has to be in order for you to successfully upgrade it.

hopefully it's a regular thing. this is the first time seeing an event since launch.
Yep I upgraded this one that gives me 20 percent extra damage for 30s after I kill an elite pack. Have been upgrading that.

Matt Frost

I have a FIRE and an ELECTRIC Stone of Jordan rings with VIT and INT stats among other things, if anyone wants them... THEFROSTYS is my PS4 name.

Had an amazing night playing this online with three other people on PS4.

Looking forward to go home after work and play again. This is pure digital crack!

Feel free to add me. My PSN is luizrobertsilva.

Night Elve

Neo Member
Any beautiful soul that would like to share with my any of the following items:

• RRoG
  • Marauder's Visage
  • Marauder's Treads
  • Bombardier's Rucksack
  • Etrayu

I have been grinding non-stop for those items and I have not had any luck so far :(

I usually play everyday for around 2 - 3 hours (PSN ID Night_Elve)

:)

ZenaxPure

Doesn't higher difficulty have higher drop rate for RRoG? I remember someone said it's 100% at T6.

Hence "recent change" :p

Has only been like a month since the change went through on PC and from what some people have said in this thread it seems like it made it into the console patch, so not even a week. The change makes it so each step of Torment increases the chance (up to 100% on T6), but, before that the drop rates were so similar across all difficulties you were better off just doing normal honestly.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Grimløck;133713329 said:
apparently there's a community event going on right now

BzkXQoMCcAEyRMz.jpg:medium
And im at work... ;(

Tried to join tunesmiff and some other cats last night. They were on a Greater Rift and couldnt join :(
Cruzader,Monk,Witch Doctor and Demon Hunter at lvl 70
Next Class: Wizard

Imouto

Banned
Good lord. I just discover a Vault. So this is what it feels swimming in gold.

I also got a RRoG with just 1 cache in T4. Seems like the change really did hit console also.

Imouto

Banned
Greater Rift is amazing. Just got a Ramaladni's Gift, a legendary ring with 1 socket only at rank 4.

This patch is wonderful.

ZenaxPure

So PC got both bonus XP and double goblins, and PS4 only gets one of them? RAGE!

No. PC has had plenty of the 100% XP in the past, but, not when the patch came out. When 2.1 came out on PC it was double goblins and 100% gold find, no bonus XP. Did lead to some ridiculous stuff though, T6 goblin vaults gave me like 150 million gold and I wasn't even stacking gold find.

Last time PC had 100% bonus XP was when 2.0 first came out iirc (which was before the expansion even came out).

Just an fyi for anyone that gets a vault and is unaware. Make sure before you go in set your paragon points to maximize gold find. Dump every single point into it and if you have any gold find gear/helm gems equip it. Also if you're the host and can hang raise the difficulty.

Those things don't pop very often so when they do get the most you can get.

New002

Just an fyi for anyone that gets a vault and is unaware. Make sure before you go in set your paragon points to maximize gold find. Dump every single point into it and if you have any gold find gear/helm gems equip it. Also if you're the host and can hang raise the difficulty.

Those things don't pop very often so when they do get the most you can get.

Good call. Thanks for the tip :)

turnbuckle

Good call. Thanks for the tip :)

Also a good bit of advice for rifts/bounty turn ins:

Set the starting difficulty one above that which you intend to play. So if you're doing Torment level 2, start the game on Torment 3.

Before turning in the quest for completing all the bounties or a rift, bump the difficulty up to the highest you can set it (in this case it would be Torment 4). I'm pretty sure you get more experience this way. A little minor cheat but in the same vein as turning up difficulty to maximize gold find for a vault :)

Raptor

Also a good bit of advice for rifts/bounty turn ins:

Set the starting difficulty one above that which you intend to play. So if you're doing Torment level 2, start the game on Torment 3.

Before turning in the quest for completing all the bounties or a rift, bump the difficulty up to the highest you can set it (in this case it would be Torment 4). I'm pretty sure you get more experience this way. A little minor cheat but in the same vein as turning up difficulty to maximize gold find for a vault :)

I do this regularly and I found about it because it was a paing to return to the menu to change 2 above what I was playing, then by mistake turn in the bounties after I up the dif, lols.

I don't think thats cheating at all, a little help doesnt harm anyone.

I got around 28 million gold from my first Vault. That was on Torment 3. Had I remembered to put all my Paragon points into gold find and been able to beat the boss on T3 (I had to drop it to T2 for that), then I would have gotten even more.

And I just got my first RoRG.

I have a question about local co-op. My friend bought a ps4 and I am getting one in February. I want to buy Diablo 3 now, so I can play with him together on one TV. Is there anything I have to do to make that happen? Can I just install it on his system and when I have my own system put the blu-ray in the drive and have my character on my ps4? So basically I have no idea if it is even possible what I want to do... Any help?
If you're buying physical, everything should work as you'd expect.

When you get your PS4, you'll just need to transfer your saves over, either via thumb drive or PS+ Cloud.

Raptor

Gotta spare akkan boots to let go.
As well as a socketed eyes of the earth helm (Barbarian set piece).

PSN: krayzie_1988

If I wasn't going to start with my lady monk as of now I would have take them off your hands, but since I will not be playing Crusader in some few weeks I will let others take it lols.

Top Bottom