• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Raptor

Use the key on the nephlalem obelisk m8.
You'r given a choice on which key to use on the obelisk (I.E normal rifts keys, KoT or GR keys)

All keys can only be used on the obelisk (whether it be normal rift keys, GR keys AND also the KoT)

As i said be4, KoT (Key of Trials), are obtained via defeating regular rift guardians.
Put that key on the slot on the obelisk and you'll go through a trial run of various enemy waves to determine what level GR key you get.

Once you've completed the trial, you'll be awarded a GR key of a specific level (as in GR level 10 and so on) which is determined on how well you do on the trial.

Once again, use that GR key on the obelisk and the GR will open for ya.
Hope i was clear enough.

But where do I use the Key?

:p

Imouto

Banned
You've got it the other way around. 1 rift key is enough for regular rifts.
For GR, EACH person needs their own key.

Thank.

Duh, so I was misunderstanding it and stockpile a whole bunch of regular keys. Guess it's time to run Rift to get more Greater Rift Keys.

turnbuckle

The nephalem obelisk (in every act's town)

Look like this:

5r6wxIn.jpg

Krayzie

Ok now I think you;r trolling me
On the obelisk ( the statue like figure that is in front of Orek)

Edit: Thanks turnbuckle for the picture.
@ Raptor: I REALLY hope you get it now man. :p

Thank.

Duh, so I was misunderstanding it and stockpile a whole bunch of regular keys. Guess it's time to run Rift to get more Greater Rift Keys.

Just to clarify, defeating guardians through regular rifts do not in fact give you GR keys.
It provides you with Keys of Trials.

Read my above post for more info yea.
Based on other gaffers, the KoT is NOT a def drop as I previously thought.
Though i've had a 100% drop everytime upon defeating a rift guardian. (Seems like I got lady luck on my side) :

Raptor

Thanks Krayzie and Turnbuckle was joking around lols.

Once I have both or various keys Olek (or Orek?) will give me options to use one, alright got it!

:D

God damn man I wish we could get that PC UI, looks veyr pretty.

LordAlu

Good thing you asked this since I will start to get back to my L70 lady monk and try to get this build.

It does looks to be an insane damage dealer.
I'm running this build at the moment (although with much worse gear and no sunwuko set) and I'm easily able to do T4, with T5 being relatively challenging. T6 is still just a bit too much, but once I get the sunwuko set and some better rolls I should be good to go :)

Raptor

I'm running this build at the moment (although with much worse gear and no sunwuko set) and I'm easily able to do T4, with T5 being relatively challenging. T6 is still just a bit too much, but once I get the sunwuko set and some better rolls I should be good to go :)

Thats great to know, I will start farming everything for this build.

stn

Anyone willing to help me power level? I'd definitely like to get the achievement for 5 characters at level 70. I play on 360, can help return the favor (I have one level 70 crusader that's pretty strong).

Also, looking for D3 friends in general. I don't want to post my GT publicly so just quote this message and I'll PM you!

Cheers.

Number45

Well, I tried Driveclub. Loving what I've played so far! ^_^

Oh man :(

This is the reason I don't want to try hardcore untill Im a pro lol.
This was total complacency. Running bounties on expert to start building a stash of keys and to get a feel for where I am... BAM! Frozen, poison enchanted, illusionist pack (big one too) and all of the other mobs.

Potted once, but they got me while I was beating a retreat back to the door. :'(

Probably going to be a while before I bring myself to try that again. At least I have adventure mode unlocked now.

Audioboxer

I just realised from blowing a ton of shards with Kadala, rolling on a 2hand weapon for a specific flail (Golden Flense) is going to take forfuckingever.

The loot table in terms of drops must be huge (spears/swords/axes/flails), and at 15 shards a pop....

Might as well just run the hell out of T6 rifts with this pony build and see what drops naturally lol. Should get some Roland drops this way at least whilst hating on Kadala for a weapon.

stn

Oh yeah, forgot to ask this. So the other night I was playing an act 1 rift on expert. Once I entered I fought...ponies and daisy flowers. Yeah, exactly what I said. I was confused then and I'm confused now. Anyone else experience this?

johnhandy

Oh yeah, forgot to ask this. So the other night I was playing an act 1 rift on expert. Once I entered I fought...ponies and daisy flowers. Yeah, exactly what I said. I was confused then and I'm confused now. Anyone else experience this?
Whimseyshire mobs from "cow" dungeon of Act 1. There should've been teddy bears, too. :)

I'm confident that legendary drop rates for bounties have been increased for the console.

I ran more than a half-dozen bounties on T6 on the XB1 today and got at least one legendary every time.

New002

Well, I tried Driveclub. Loving what I've played so far! ^_^

This was total complacency. Running bounties on expert to start building a stash of keys and to get a feel for where I am... BAM! Frozen, poison enchanted, illusionist pack (big one too) and all of the other mobs.

Potted once, but they got me while I was beating a retreat back to the door. :'(

Probably going to be a while before I bring myself to try that again. At least I have adventure mode unlocked now.

Gotta jump right back in!

I remember dying in D2 back in the day...

I would just sit and stare at the death screen thinking fuuuuuuuck...then I'd be like we'll here we go again and re-roll lol. Stupid pindle and lag :(

Imouto

Banned
Just to clarify, defeating guardians through regular rifts do not in fact give you GR keys.
It provides you with Keys of Trials.

Read my above post for more info yea.
Based on other gaffers, the KoT is NOT a def drop as I previously thought.
Though i've had a 100% drop everytime upon defeating a rift guardian. (Seems like I got lady luck on my side) :

So, from what I heard, the gem is 100% drop no matter what level you are in, and if you could defeat the Rift Guardian in time, you can level up your GR key for another try? Then is it better to get the trial at level 1 and work it up so you can get multiple gem in one go? Higher GR is only for upgrading your gem, right?

I heard KoT is 100% drop at T6. So far I tried at T3 and only get 3 KoT out of 8 rift runs.

ZenaxPure

So, from what I heard, the gem is 100% drop no matter what level you are in, and if you could defeat the Rift Guardian in time, you can level up your GR key for another try? Then is it better to get the trial at level 1 and work it up so you can get multiple gem in one go? Higher GR is only for upgrading your gem, right?

There's only 13 legendary gems total (not including hoarder) and multiple can drop per kill. So really it doesn't take long to collect all the gems themselves, you can do it however you want.

And yeah, higher GR is for upgrading your gems. Once your gem rank is greater than the current GR you are in the chances of actually upgrading the gem start plummeting quickly (down to the single digit percents).

Imouto

Banned
There's only 13 legendary gems total (not including hoarder) and multiple can drop per kill. So really it doesn't take long to collect all the gems themselves, you can do it however you want.

And yeah, higher GR is for upgrading your gems. Once your gem rank is greater than the current GR you are in the chances of actually upgrading the gem start plummeting quickly (down to the single digit percents).

Interesting. I didn't know multiple can drop per kill. Guess for now I should focus on stocking KoT. It was a good idea to stockpile Rift Fragment before the update :p, now I have over 80 fragment left to run and don't have to touch bounty for a long time.

I just realised from blowing a ton of shards with Kadala, rolling on a 2hand weapon for a specific flail (Golden Flense) is going to take forfuckingever.

The loot table in terms of drops must be huge (spears/swords/axes/flails), and at 15 shards a pop....

Might as well just run the hell out of T6 rifts with this pony build and see what drops naturally lol. Should get some Roland drops this way at least whilst hating on Kadala for a weapon.
Look at Kadala as "bonus drops," and remember that the advantage is you get nothing but 2H, instead of a bunch of bracers and other crap you don't really need. :)

AEREC

Suprised this is still on OT1 since it's on the front page like almost everyday...also why hasnt this gone to community yet?

Hurley

So after my Destiny binge I jumped back onto D3 to check out the new update and sorry if it's been brought up already but did they tone down some of the effects? The lighting bolts on the Crusaders Thunderstruck look like blue string now? I noticed that when the game first came out on ps4 I would get some slight slowdown when using Thunderstruck so this was their way of fixing it? Haven't checked any other spells yet.

Pons

Neo Member
Yup! I'll add you when I get on in a little bit!

Mandatory PSN name drop for fellow gaffers: aewilde

Thanks for the confirm Sub. Was reading conflicting things. So it seems like at least some of the post 2.1 pc hotfixs have been rolled into the console 2.1 patch. Good to know.

Imouto

Banned
So after my Destiny binge I jumped back onto D3 to check out the new update and sorry if it's been brought up already but did they tone down some of the effects? The lighting bolts on the Crusaders Thunderstruck look like blue string now? I noticed that when it launched that I would get some slight slowdown when using Thunderstruck so this was their way of fixing it? Haven't checked any other spells yet.

So it's not only me. Before with Punish + Roar rune, my crusader looks like a human dynamite, exploding everywhere, but now for some reasons I feel like it's just go "puff" every time I blocked.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
So I put like three hours in tonight, my first Diablo-ing since part 2. Man, this is some GOOOOD looting. After just that much time I've got a few gold items with crazy buffs and all kinds of skills with crazy bonus shit with upgrades every few levels.

I made a Witch Doctor since I loved my Necros in D2 and Guild Wars and I know I like a minion master. It's an absolutely massive experience to just waltz into but my brother, Pons here on GAF, has been a huge help.

Definitely a cool game and of course it has those Blizz production values. Is there any way to view my PS4 character on the net? I've checked my Battle.net account and it says I don't have a character to view so I'm assuming it is PC only.

jpax

I have a question about local co-op. My friend bought a ps4 and I am getting one in February. I want to buy Diablo 3 now, so I can play with him together on one TV. Is there anything I have to do to make that happen? Can I just install it on his system and when I have my own system put the blu-ray in the drive and have my character on my ps4? So basically I have no idea if it is even possible what I want to do... Any help?

Jolkien

U guys see the latest buff? Treasure goblins appearing in pairs right now?

Yes. Here's the detai about the event:

PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360:

Prepare to be enlightened. For a limited time, enjoy a +100% bonus to EXP! This bonus will stack with other existing bonuses in the game including (but not limited to) those provided by items, shrines, and Pools of Reflection.

PlayStation 4 and Xbox One:

Double your treasure, double your fun. For a limited time, all Treasure Goblin spawns in the game have been doubled!

This bonus EXP and double Treasure Goblin period begins in all regions today, October 11, and will end Friday, October 17, at 12:00 a.m. PDT. For time zone assistance, please visit: http://everytimezone.com/

Top Bottom