• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

In re rolling for sockets, my armour has gone from 4 million to 2.6 million which is not good for my t3. I've lost a lot of vitality so I really need to rethink this build.

Perhaps I need a Guide to Followers. My Templar can't equip this Scourge, and the Scoundrel is unable equip either the Scourge or the Fulminator. I have no idea why not. =/

JCizzle

Perhaps I need a Guide to Followers. My Templar can't equip this Scourge, and the Scoundrel is unable equip either the Scourge or the Fulminator. I have no idea why not. =/
Templar is one hand weapon only with a shield. Scoundrel is two handed bows and crossbows only, I believe.

LordAlu

Anyone come across an Amazonian Parma (shield)? Trying to get my housemate's Crusader up to scratch as I've jumped ahead quite a bit DPS/Toughness wise. :D

Raptor

Rerolled a Socket and put an Emerald, DPS went to the roof, this weapon has changed drastically the damage I do god damn, thank you again.

Cheers for the game last night Krayzie, Sillysil, Raptor. Was good fun!

Was great lol sometimes I wasnt sure if I was doing damage so I went back and watched teh fireworks, Sillysil wizard is pure insanity.

Yea man. Good fun indeed :)
Looking forward to the next run.

Great fun man indeed, I hope we can do this this next weekend :)

Anyway doing some bounties I got the Vault finally, got 20 million gold a Daibo and the Gem, that level is really great looking lol.

That run we did on T6 got me an Inna's Reach Daibo, an Inna's pants, the lovely Maximus, the deathpact pants and a few other legendaries Jeez, was christmas for me lols.

In re rolling for sockets, my armour has gone from 4 million to 2.6 million which is not good for my t3. I've lost a lot of vitality so I really need to rethink this build.

don't completely fret... That what paragon levels are for. But I personally would be focusing on vitality as opposed to resist all, but that all depends on your skills, gear and build. E.g. with a WD pet build w/ tall mans finger, the more HP I can get the better as it corresponds to tougher pets I think (it certainly helps my ability to do T6 and beyond)

Play around with your paragon points, you'd be surprised how critical they become to moving forward into higher difficulties

Nokterian

OK so for sure it can happen in rifts?

Oh and I had a nemesis pop in a greater rift, I died to it sadly but would it have dropped loot during a GR?

Oh does any one have a spare helm for the pet damage for the wd?

Oh and my buddy here wants to know if anyone has spare barb friendly thunderfury

It can not happen in rifts or greaters rifts goblin's only spawn a vault portal in adventure mode. Even Blizzard said it them self that it doesn't happen in rifts.

Raptor

mhtzDnl.jpg

God damn :D

Now the only thing that I need are the damn Sunwuku set lol.

Equip them with unused legendary weapons. Enchantress can use 2h swords.
Yeah, I gave her an old Autumn's Call before I ran in to trouble with the other two. Gave the fulminator to the Templar — too bad he doesn't have anything to proc it with :p — and now I'm gonna craft him a shield, along with something for the Scoundrel.

Paganmoon

To people not getting enough gifts, you need to die more i think:)

And on that note, I need to up my DH's toughness, and realm don't know how, without loosing tons of damage, got 1.1mill damage but only 4.2mill toughness, and 24k healing, I get oneshotted alot on t5. In contrast, my crusader has 300k damage and over 7mill toughness.

turnbuckle

Got a portal to Whimsydale.... and all it is is Whimsyshire with a different name. I'd much rather the vault tvym :p

I decided to upgrade the legendary poison gem; I'm not sure if it was the right way to go or not but I've been able to solo Tormnet V rifts without a TON of trouble. Tor IV is still more efficient for me atm, but slowly growing into Tor V as my regular.

I finally got a Fate of the Fell to drop the other day while playing with Dog$. I always seem to have good luck when I'm running with him. I haven't incorporated it into my build yet...and I'm not sure if I will even be using a Ramaladni's gift on that first or if I'll use it on my Gyrfalcon Foote. I'm really liking this infinite shield toss build...only trouble is when I run into champions or guardians that slow down / knock away projectiles.

I'm hoping to find a RoRG that has strength and a socket soon. I wish my amulet had a socket, but I'm having a hell of a time finding a better amulet than the one I'm using now which has a high strength roll, 20% holy damage, crit chance, and crit damage on it.

Sorry I had to bounce so suddenly spatenfloot & Krayzie. Had to go to work. Too bad too, we were steamrolling through things :)

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Haines, why do you refuse to read any other posts in this thread yet continue to post it it yourself?

You post in here asking if 2.1 has come out for several weeks before and even a few days after it had been released.

And now you post this general question about "what do I need to know". How about reading the past 100+ posts in this thread which have been written since 2.1 has come out and possibly, maybe, ask any other further specific questions which you may have and aren't already answered. How about trying that.

turnbuckle

Hey Turnbuckle that was a close call lol, you were clutch right there save us both since I died.

That was a great run too.

Hahaha yeah! You were carrying like 85% of the load up to that point. When the timer got that low I was like...FUuuuu...I didn't think I had a chance of finishing him off. Definitely a close call lol.

I was having really bad lag when we were playing last night. I had 2 legendaries drop on the ground and I was trying for like a minute to pick them up lol. But all's well that ends well! Your monk was a beast :)

Haines

Banned
Haines, why do you refuse to read any other posts in this thread yet continue to post it it yourself?

You post in here asking if 2.1 has come out for several weeks before and even a few days after it had been released.

And now you post this general question about "what do I need to know". How about reading the past 100+ posts in this thread which have been written since 2.1 has come out and possibly, maybe, ask any other further specific questions which you may have and aren't already answered. How about trying that.

Chill out.

LordAlu

Rerolled a Socket and put an Emerald, DPS went to the roof, this weapon has changed drastically the damage I do god damn, thank you again.
You're welcome. Just wait till you pick up the Sunwuko stuff too - with the gear and gems I currently have, once everything procs and stacks my DPS is 2743k. Everything melts.

Paganmoon

I've had it twice already, both on normal. :'(

Only had it once, after killing I don't know how many goblins, luckily it was in T5 with Tunesmith, so got 40 mill out of it. Unfortunately Tunesmith D/C:ed (or my game kicked him?) midway through bossfight.

Wish there was a vault that dropped forgotten souls, I'm not in need of gold, I need them damned souls so I can reroll my stats. Spent 10 yesterday to reroll a socket on my new hand crossbow. :(

HORRORSHØW

some of my personal grift bests:

crusader: 37
monk: 35
demon hunter: 35
wizard: 32
barbarian: 30

i haven't touched my WD in a long time. i should give her a spin soon. debating if i should stick my crusader's furnace on her or farm for wrath of the bone king.

mr2xxx

Banned
How do you balance GRift level vs game difficulty? I just breezed through grift lvl 7 on T1 and upgraded to Grift 11. Should I be doing lower level rifts on higher torment levels or higher grift levels?

domstah

Stupid newb question - I'm leveling a monk as my first character and still quite low level.

One thing I'm not sure on is whether it's better to have a two hander that has lots of DPS, or two one-handers (like fists) that have similar DPS over both of them? Assuming all the stats and buffs were roughly the same of course.

(and it's so much easier to level a Monk than a DH - at least in the early half of the game)

turnbuckle

How do you balance GRift level vs game difficulty? I just breezed through grift lvl 7 on T1 and upgraded to Grift 11. Should I be doing lower level rifts on higher torment levels or higher grift levels?

I'm farily certain Grift level overrides the difficulty setting. A Level 1 Grift on Tormet VI will be the same as a Leven one Grift on Torment I.

Krayzie

Yea what Turnbuckle said.
Changing Torment levels has no impact on GR difficulty.
Only the GR levels do.

I was actually thinking that "what you can accomplish in a grift" would be a good indication of what difficulty you should be playing the rest of the game at, but I don't know the exact correlation between grift level and difficulty. I think someone said grift25=T6, but I dunno what grift level represents T5 or whatever.

Raptor

I was actually thinking that "what you can accomplish in a grift" would be a good indication of what difficulty you should be playing the rest of the game at, but I don't know the exact correlation between grift level and difficulty. I think someone said grift25=T6, but I dunno what grift level represents T5 or whatever.

You can actually see it when ho wmuch damage and how you can take in doing them, like Im super positive if Im melting away is T3, if Im melting but still with some challenge is T4 and Im taking a little time is T5, now if I dont do shit is T6 lol.

I can base what dif I am basing on that alone.

I felt bad after all the carnage I did on that happy place :(

Well, yeah, but it just seems like people are a little reluctant to move up to the higher difficulties, myself included. lol

I was just thinking that since we're running grifts anyway, where we peter out will give us a good indication of where we should reset the difficulty when we return to the "real" world. It's easy to say, "Turn it up/down if it's too easy/hard," but it's harder to determine whether or not what you're currently doing is "too easy," and really easy to say, "Well, I don't want to make it too hard." ;)

Raptor

Im not going up on Grifts myself, only what the trials gives me, Im upgrading my Miranae and Gogok to full before even attempt on that.

Also what happens if the times runs out? because I did killed teh guardian anyways and Ushi or whatever showed up too.

turnbuckle

Im not going up on Grifts myself, only what the trials gives me, Im upgrading my Miranae and Gogok to full before even attempt on that.

Also what happens if the times runs out? because I did killed teh guardian anyways and Ushi or whatever showed up too.

I haven't had it happen yet, but I think what happens is that - so long as you still kill the rift guardian - you can upgrade your gems but won't have the option to get another grift stone.

Laconic

Banned
I cannot believe I'm not banned anymore, lol.

Regardless... 2.1.

Leg Gems are lame - I hate how we basically have to get all new jewelry and be at the beck and whim of RNG < 9000 to get a quad-fecta in order for it to be even remotely relevant. Because you KNOW that the ring or amulet is going to roll main stat. which you are going to roll off. It is the other 3 stats that are the rub.

I can face-roll level 30 GRifts... but what is my motivation? :/

Raptor

I haven't had it happen yet, but I think what happens is that - so long as you still kill the rift guardian - you can upgrade your gems but won't have the option to get another grift stone.

Alright that makes sense, but since I already found my gems I don't care that much for other ones, in fact I have a few that I just put on the stash.

ONe thing Im wondering is since Im building a Sunwuku set that will give me 20% damage boost while using my Daibo, I could replace teh Gogok for the Simplicity Strenght and change attack speed for another 25$ damage boost.

Have to try it and if it gives me way more damage I will keep it since with teh daibo I already look like a maniac of how fast I attack lols.

ZenaxPure

ONe thing Im wondering is since Im building a Sunwuku set that will give me 20% damage boost while using my Daibo, I could replace teh Gogok for the Simplicity Strenght and change attack speed for another 25$ damage boost.

Not worth it. The point of the build you're running is to get as much spirit you can which Gogok helps with. It gives you more attack speed (which gets doubled with flying dragon) and it gives you 15% CDR at rank 25 which means your epiphany and BoH are up faster (which gives you more spirit). Your fists of fury is really only there to generate large amounts of spirit and not as a means to deal damage. To be honest the build really isn't worth running without the full set bonus of swk. Your mantra deals the most damage out of anything in the build, but, obviously without swk your mantra is dealing 0 damage.

HORRORSHØW

forgot how squishy witch doctors were after playing monk for awhile. dropped the new dagger of darts though. time to mess around with a new build.

Bz21w6SCIAAupSZ.jpg

Raptor

Not worth it. The point of the build you're running is to get as much spirit you can which Gogok helps with. It gives you more attack speed (which gets doubled with flying dragon) and it gives you 15% CDR at rank 25 which means your epiphany and BoH are up faster (which gives you more spirit). Your fists of fury is really only there to generate large amounts of spirit and not as a means to deal damage. To be honest the build really isn't worth running without the full set bonus of swk. Your mantra deals the most damage out of anything in the build, but, obviously without swk your mantra is dealing 0 damage.

Oh man this is bad for me then since I dont have any Sunwuku at all, 3 and Im still dealing lots of damage to manage T3 and T4.

I guess I need to look around for another builds that use the Flying Dragon.

Hey Sillysil whats your Gear or how did you manage to look like that on your Monk lol, looked pure badassery all black.

ZenaxPure

Oh man this is bad for me then since I dont have any Sunwuku at all, 3 and Im still dealing lots of damage to manage T3 and T4.

I guess I need to look around for another builds that use the Flying Dragon.

Just replace something with a spender and use the same build/gear. The reason the build doesn't run a normal attack like wave of light or lashing tail kick is because your mantra is your primary source of damage as long as you have the 4 set bonus from SWK. Without the bonus you have no attack outside of your generator, sweeping wind, and the smite gem. Out of those the smite gem is the hardest hitting.

domstah

Stupid newb question - I'm leveling a monk as my first character and still quite low level.

One thing I'm not sure on is whether it's better to have a two hander that has lots of DPS, or two one-handers (like fists) that have similar DPS over both of them? Assuming all the stats and buffs were roughly the same of course.

Does anyone know? I know it's not really that big a deal - I'm just trying to understand the mechanics for this and my other characters.

Raptor

Just replace something with a spender and use the same build/gear. The reason the build doesn't run a normal attack like wave of light or lashing tail kick is because your mantra is your primary source of damage as long as you have the 4 set bonus from SWK. Without the bonus you have no attack outside of your generator, sweeping wind, and the smite gem. Out of those the smite gem is the hardest hitting.

Yes I think somehow I always knew something was missing since i dont need to spam anything as of now since Im not casting any clones lols, oh well I will put a secondary there like teh ones you said and deal even more damage I might get suprised.

Does anyone know? I know it's not really that big a deal - I'm just trying to understand the mechanics for this and my other characters.

Im runnig a monk now and I find that it all depends ojn what type of build you want to make like on what type of damage you want to concentrate, like for Monks teh more popular are Lightning or so Ive read so taken that into account you want to find eevrything that have Lightning damage enhancers, like gear, a weapon, the legendary gem that has lightning damage I think etc, that way you maximaze damage.

But Im still learning aswell, that is just so you can more or less understand how things will work.

Laconic

Banned
Yes I think somehow I always knew something was missing since i dont need to spam anything as of now since Im not casting any clones lols, oh well I will put a secondary there like teh ones you said and deal even more damage I might get suprised.

Im runnig a monk now and I find that it all depends ojn what type of build you want to make like on what type of damage you want to concentrate, like for Monks teh more popular are Lightning or so Ive read so taken that into account you want to find eevrything that have Lightning damage enhancers, like gear, a weapon, the legendary gem that has lightning damage I think etc, that way you maximaze damage.

But Im still learning aswell, that is just so you can more or less understand how things will work.

I have a Dex SoJ with Lit Damage and a natural Socket.

Maybe I will try to do a Lit Monk.

Every time I'm killing a rift guardian on a regular rift, it's dropping a glowing purple item that looks like I should be able to pick it up.

But when I try to pick it up, it says "My pack is full" or "I don't have a place to put that item." Even though my pack definitely isn't full. What is this thing and why can't I pick it up?

Top Bottom