• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Daximuss

I got my Xbox One copy from Simply Games here in the UK on Saturday so I've been pretty much playing it all weekend and even for an hour this morning before work! To say it's addictive is a gross understatement; it's insanely so, and that's coming from someone who had already put 150+ hours into the original PC version of Diablo III and the Reaper of Souls expansion. I think I must have put in around 30+ hours just from two days of playtime and that's across four characters (all between level 15 and 27).

The game is utterly sublime on the XBO and I love that I now have direct control of my character with a controller and that there is an easy-to-use dodge feature, that is extremely useful. Also, this game now runs smoothly at 1080p and 60 FPS for about 99.6% of the time, without any of the irritating juddering that the PC version suffers from (to lesser or greater degrees depending on the latency of the connection, as it uses online DRM which the console do not have). There are some framerate hiccups from time to time but they're minor; the blue spinning hammer attack that my level 27 Crusader was using seems to cause a noticeable drop in the framerate when I use it and in the spider cave in Act I (just before the Highlands area) there is a part of the level where the framerate tanks and the controls feel a bit laggy, even when there are no enemies oncreen (likely a bug)! Overall though, the game runs fantastic and looks gorgeous (no one does finer artwork than Blizzard IMO). Loading times are not existent after the initial load with teleporting between areas being instant (after the pre-set animation, obviously)!

I noticed the actual combat sound-effects are very loud, completely overpowering all the other audio and becomes very annoying, very quickly on the default 80% volume so I had to drop mine down to 30% (everything else is set to 80-100% for comparison!). Also, do NOT play this game on Normal as it is way, way too easy and you should at least go for Hard, which is more what I would call Medium difficulty and I am no gaming expert. The only reason to play it on Normal is if you want a quick and easy way to unlock Adventure mode. Expert, the next level up from Hard, is actually more enjoyable than Hard and not too challenging (you WILL die at times though!). It has lots more enemies and 150% the XP, etc., of Normal so if you want a more tense and entertaining game then Expert is the difficulty level to go for IMO.

I actually prefer this game to the PC version because of the controller support and dodge ability which may the game more immersive. The interface is obviously not as easy to use as on the PC but to be fair to Blizzard they have done an exceptional job of adapting it to the controller and it only took me ten minutes to get used to it.

Very informative post. Thanks for the tips!

Dahbomb

I would wait talking about the framerate until people get the end game gear and are capable of doing the Darklight build. That's a real test of how stable the framerate is in the game.

moojito

Just started getting back into d3 on the PC (I got the free copy with a wow yearly subscription when it first came out). I was on the fence about getting ros on the PC or getting it for the PS4. (£25ish on the PC, £44 for the ps4) Then today my gfx card started acting up when I was playing it, so suddenly it's £25 + new gfx card vs £44. Amazon prime to the rescue! Will hopefully be getting my roll on tomorrow.

Gotta say cheers to Doctor Hades as well for the nice impressions which helped make my mind up.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
mM1oQ7d.jpg

Ready to go!

Just once in my life I'd like to get lucky and run across an early released copy of a game.....

This game is the fucking ducks tits! It looks good and is so damn smooth. Transferred my characters over so now rocking 100k dps with some new gear I just found.

So I hate to repeat a question that's probably been asked a thousand times but what's the fastest way to get this game (i.e. what marketplace etc and what time is the soonest digital release)?

Wha...what does this even mean? I must be getting old.

I hope he meant dick tits...which is a thing

edit:
This game is the fucking ducks tits! It looks good and is so damn smooth. Transferred my characters over so now rocking 100k dps with some new gear I just found.
A few questions-so just items carry over? no challenge carryover? did you have a maxed out char. and found new stuff substantially better? My PS3 DH has 615k dps already...when I played RoS after D3 on PC- my characters full gear set was replaced the first day-is it like that?

quest

Not Banned from OT
Well did my final save export. Got my PS4 hardwired I will set up my Mic later. But I am ready for Tuesday morning!!!!!!!

Just got 8 more hours of work later and start my UEE vacation until next Monday.

What's everyone's preferred build for a wizard. I'm mainly going an ice mage using slow time with extra damage, then
Frost Nova with cold damage, explosive blast with short fuse, frost hydra, disintegrate and chain lightning

ttocs

I think I'm going to try out a different class this time around. I only played the Wizard before but I think I might try out the Crusader to see how melee is this time. If Melee doesn't do it for me then I might switch to Demon Hunter.

How do ranged classes feel on a controller? I'm trying to decide between a male crusader or female wizard to play first as my main.

I've previously played a demon hunter and crusader on pc version. Wizard looks a lot of fun!

Ranged classes are fine, the problems I had was ground targeting skills like Meteor. You need to face and target the monster where you want it to land, you can't just click.

A bunch of times I ended up casting it behind me in combat since I happened to turning away.

This reminds me of being driven home as a kid with a new game, reading the manual. These days I hope for kids' sake they have short drives home.

Haha....that used to be my favorite thing. I used to judge how good a game was going to be based on how thick the manual was

SpokkX

EU ps4 owner here..

Preordered so the game downloaded..

But i have two game icons in the ps4 ui

One is 22.2 gb
Diablo III: Reaper of souls - ultimate edition

The other is 40.8 gb
Diablo III: Reaper of souls - ultimate edition (English)

Wtf is this?? Surely only one is needed? Anyone else see this??

quest

Not Banned from OT
Well thankfully I did not pre-order the game from amazon. My game guide was supposed to be here tuesday but just got email saying it was delayed due to weather. I would of been bent if it was the game not just the guide.

Skele7on

Banned
Like seriously this is why we need more indies in Europe...

In Holland for instance, they always break street dates as customers will go elsewhere otherwise.

I remember when I got Halo 4 3 days early. Best day ever.

J-Rod

So which class should I roll?

Thinking about the Warrior, as I tend to go with him in every game where I have the option.

Earlier in the thread, I think I read DH>WD>Crusader>Wizard>Barbarian>Monk

However, I played vanilla 1.0 on pc for about a week, so I have no idea.

omyard

Neo Member
So which class should I roll?

Thinking about the Warrior, as I tend to go with him in every game where I have the option.

I'm usually the warrior/knight/barbarian type class. This time I went with a Demon Hunter. I also have a Witch Doctor.

Do something different. I love the Demon Hunter he's a complete badass.

Keinu

EU ps4 owner here..

Preordered so the game downloaded..

But i have two game icons in the ps4 ui

One is 22.2 gb
Diablo III: Reaper of souls - ultimate edition

The other is 40.8 gb
Diablo III: Reaper of souls - ultimate edition (English)

Wtf is this?? Surely only one is needed? Anyone else see this??

Yes, it's the same for me. No idea why :|

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Earlier in the thread, I think I read DH>WD>Crusader>Wizard>Barbarian>Monk

However, I played vanilla 1.0 on pc for about a week, so I have no idea.

Let's keep in mind that we are talking about extreme min-maxing. All classes are viable and things change, so I wouldn't say "I really wanted to do Monk but it's too weak so I'll roll a DH". When I played on PC, Monk was my favorite class and I had the most fun with it.

That said, it's crusader this time around.

What's everyone's preferred build for a wizard. I'm mainly going an ice mage using slow time with extra damage, then
Frost Nova with cold damage, explosive blast with short fuse, frost hydra, disintegrate and chain lightning

My Arcane Torrent Wiz build is still my favorite. Fuck the FoTM builds. I don't have it on my Wiz at the moment, but I'll link the battle.net profile when I switch back to it.

v0mitg0d

At the request of some I've archived all 8 hours of play through over the last few days over on Youtube. I played a female Crusader on Expert (the highest difficulty I could select at that point) and man did the legendarys rain down in glory! I showed the new mailing system, the Nemesis system, the pre-order bonuses, and some other new things too. Let me know what you think. Hope ya like!

http://www.youtube.com/user/warcrow

My Arcane Torrent Wiz build is still my favorite. Fuck the FoTM builds. I don't have it on my Wiz at the moment, but I'll link the battle.net profile when I switch back to it.
Please do. Am happy with my build as is but I'm not set on it.

Am playing on expert from the get go and it seems fair. Bosses are definitely challenging.

quest

Not Banned from OT

In vanilla D3 for the console Melee wizard was my favorite. Very easy on my hands and I just enjoyed chopping up monsters with spectral blades. Did not hurt I got to the point where I was a tank /Melee wizard which was fun and got me plenty of WTF moments from people.

yamo

What's going on here... this is seriously starting to annoy me! :s
Got double preload of everything and both game files are ~5.4gb???

I been to the webpage and I have removed the European multi-language install and only have the English install left that is 20.5gb. However every time I check back it keeps re-adding the multi-language version... this is a mess.

SpokkX

What's going on here... this is seriously starting to annoy me! :s
Got double preload of everything and both game files are ~5.4gb???

I been to the webpage and I have removed the European multi-language install and only have the English install left that is 20.5gb. However every time I check back it keeps re-adding the multi-language version... this is a mess.

Hmm mine called english is 40gb.. So the correct size if diablo iii is 20.5gb??

I should o only keep the 20gb one?!

Top Bottom