• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Ade

Quick question:

Are there any XB1 UK pre-order items? (of the ingame variety?)

I can't seem to find information either way about it, everywhere talks about the PS4 pre-order stuff and all GAME seem to have is a hoody?

Atouba

Bought it today at Saturn. Can't remember, when was the last time I bought a game for full price (69,99€). Better be worth it!
(I already played Diablo 3 on PC and liked it very much - pretty sure, it's worth it!)

Ayumi

I played the crap out of Diablo 3 PC immediately after vanilla and RoS launch, but shortly lost interest because of the grind. I'm more interested in this because I've got more friends on PSN than BattleNet, and the couch co-op is definitely a plus.

It sounds nice! I use my PC for everything (aside from 3DS/Wii U when I feel like it) and would've been nice to switch up. But I've had this account since the D3 launch and made so many friends online now (I don't even know of anyone (aside from you guys) who plan on playing on the PS3/4).

tricho

Bought it today at Saturn. Can't remember, when was the last time I bought a game for full price (69,99€). Better be worth it!
(I already played Diablo 3 on PC and liked it very much - pretty sure, it's worth it!)

Which town? Looking for a copy in Hamburg today.

Cheers for the feedback - sounds awesome. 2 hours till i can play.

How long did it take the game to update and install for you after you put the disc in?

Did you export any characters from the PS3/X360 version?

No, the option is there to do that but I never bought either of the last gen versions. I was going to get the PS3 version but the amount of screen tearing in the demo I played put me right off it. I was understandably delighted when I found out it was coming to PS4 and XBO.

Would have been awesome if I could have imported my PC characters though... :(

No, the option is there to do that but I never bought either of the last gen versions. I was going to get the PS3 version but the amount of screen tearing in the demo I played put me right off it. I was understandably delighted when I found out it was coming to PS4 and XBO.

Would have been awesome if I could have imported my PC characters though... :(

did the initial install/patch take long?

zoobzone

Well I guess that NZ PSN account method didn't work.

I think its past 12:00AM there, the game didn't unlock for me, the countdown reset it self back to the original US timer with 19 hours remaining.

Whats weird is the NZ PSN website shows "less than one day" left.

kGM7ete.png

So maybe the game got delayed there.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Going to buy my copy first thing in the morning. But Before I go ahead and buy it. I am a big fan of Demon souls and Champions of norath. Will I love Diablo 3? I just want to know what I am in for.

I have pretty much gone in blind, so I trust GAF's opinion.

Was gonna say New Zealand starts in about an hour and a half. Then I remembered that guy with both a physical copy of this and Metro. So incredibly jealous.

Edit: It's worth noting the change they made is that they changed the US preorder to "Diablo III: Reaper of Souls (English)", whereas the NZ version doesn't include the language in the title. So NZ still gets it early, it's just that they now have a different version than the US does, so it can correctly identify which version releases when. I'm about to find out how a digital preorder is cancelled when no payment information is attached to an account.

haha yeah man thats me. Ill be home in an hour and let you know. Im moving all stuff to my shared loot (Jewels, potions etc) then bringing my characters across. Lets see how it goes. ill do a final copy across once the XB1 game is installing and patching.

How much is this game on the US PSN store? I live in UK but made a us acct to get Last of Us cheaper than the uk digital price. Diablo is £60 on Ps4 PSN store when it releases this Friday. That's way too much! Is it cheaper if I get the US version digitally?

Also will I have any problems patching / updating it in the future doing buying the US version from te store like this? Like it might not even update or something and might be region specific?

mid83

How much is this game on the US PSN store? I loie in UK but made a us acct to get Last of Us cheaper than the uk digital price. Diablo is £60 on Ps4 PSN store when it releases this Friday. That's way too much! Is it cheaper if I get the US version digitally?

Also will I have any problems patching / updating it in the future doing buying the US version from te store like this? Like it might not even update or something and might be region specific?

It's $59.99 US.

Kyoufu

How much is this game on the US PSN store? I loie in UK but made a us acct to get Last of Us cheaper than the uk digital price. Diablo is £60 on Ps4 PSN store when it releases this Friday. That's way too much! Is it cheaper if I get the US version digitally?

You won't have any problems, no. It's $60, so yeah much cheaper than UK price.

edit: beaten hard

I got confused with Doctor Hades and Conker with the avatars @_@

It was worth a try, NZ
Hehe

Yeah I tried to buy the game as well, it gave me an error message of "You are not eligible to purchase or download this content."

weird.
I'm fairly certain it has something to do with me not having payment information attached to my NZ account, and the game officially being released now. It's not worth dropping $95 or whatever amount of dollars on this game in order to get it 19 hours early. I'm disappointed this didn't end up working out, but oh well.

So is the PSN version confirmed to unlock at 12 AM PST? That's what my countdown seems to show.
Yeah, that's the official release time for the US unfortunately.

Guess I'll just need to take a nap and wake up then. I was hoping it was 12 AM EST and I could start at 11 my time.
I looked at my clock and thought you were planning on sleeping from now until release. Was gonna say I don't think I could ever sleep for nearly 20 hours straight.

Thats a good deal cheaper than the uk price. Will I have any probs updating the game if I use my normal uk region profile and can I coop with anyone in the world still? It's not region specific is it?

Shouldn't have problems playing co-op with anyone in the world, and no problems updating. There are some here in the UK who purchased the US version, and they actually buy things off the US store most of the time for cheaper prices with no issues.

does anyone know - if i import my level 60 wizard, will my enchantress/templar be fully equipped with the gear that they had in that game? or do i have to remove their stuff and put it in shared loot?

Kyoufu

does anyone know - if i import my level 60 wizard, will my enchantress/templar be fully equipped with the gear that they had in that game? or do i have to remove their stuff and put it in shared loot?

Pretty sure your followers will transfer over with loot intact. Haven't heard of anyone having issues with that.

Shouldn't have problems playing co-op with anyone in the world, and no problems updating. There are some here in the UK who purchased the US version, and they actually buy things off the US store most of the time for cheaper prices with no issues.

Thanks for the info this is great news. Deffo getting the us version digitally then. Good deal smaller too 20gb vs 60gb!

Quick question:

Are there any XB1 UK pre-order items? (of the ingame variety?)

I can't seem to find information either way about it, everywhere talks about the PS4 pre-order stuff and all GAME seem to have is a hoody?
I have a UK version. Comes with a code for infernal pauldrons and some blizzard ring for linking your battle.net account to your xbl account

How do ranged classes feel on a controller? I'm trying to decide between a male crusader or female wizard to play first as my main.

I've previously played a demon hunter and crusader on pc version. Wizard looks a lot of fun!

Jolkien

How do ranged classes feel on a controller? I'm trying to decide between a male crusader or female wizard to play first as my main.

I've previously played a demon hunter and crusader on pc version. Wizard looks a lot of fun!

Takes a few mins to adjust but it works just fine. I can kite better with a controller than keyboard and mouse personally.

Winter John

Mines says it doesn't unlock for another 17hrs. I bought it from the U.S store but I guess it's still using the E.U time or something.

Top Bottom