• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

ZenaxPure

I think last time I tried to play I didn't quite get far enough to get into the crowd control stuff. So I'll retry a mage again.

Can anyone link me a good build? Or where I can sort through some to find one I like? Preferably one where I can take a few hits and toss enemies around.

Don't worry about any of that shit until max level. The leveling experience is an entirely different thing where you should be experimenting with abilities on your own. Honestly most builds you find online are going to have really specific gear requirements that you won't be able to do right away anyway. The lower difficulties are pretty forgiving and you can get away with like any build you want.

Raptor

God damn that Furious Charge Build looks fun, I might try it, I dont have a single raekor's set pieces tho, but that is the fun of this hunting for them.

I do have the maximus though :)

Laconic

Banned
Mother of god, still no Stone of Jordan or Darklight for me. Blizzard plz. I got one piece of Roland gear which I guess is alright. Does Kadala give away Roland gear?

Also, I thought 2.1 would make gem crafting cheaper? It's still crazy expensive, and no Treasure Realm rifts for me either grrr

Kadala not only gives away Roland gear, she seems to give it preferential treatment, as far as set pieces go. Much like with the other classes sets, the newer ones seem to get the most rolls in her lotto.

WIth my Barb, I got MotE first, then Raekkor, THEN Immortal King. The same thing happened with my Monk - Sunwuko, then Lit Set, then Inna's.

Pretty much the only class that gave me a somewhat even spread across sets when gambling, was the Wizard.

Kadala not only gives away Roland gear, she seems to give it preferential treatment, as far as set pieces go. Much like with the other classes sets, the newer ones seem to get the most rolls in her lotto.

WIth my Barb, I got MotE first, then Raekkor, THEN Immortal King. The same thing happened with my Monk - Sunwuko, then Lit Set, then Inna's.

Pretty much the only class that gave me a somewhat even spread across sets when gambling, was the Wizard.
I've gambled thousands of shards for a Roland's chest piece.got nothing! She's not given me any Roland's sets at all :/

Raptor

This has been my case too, she likes to give set pieces regularly, I swear she has giving me like 3 pair of Thousands Storm boots.

Don't worry about any of that shit until max level. The leveling experience is an entirely different thing where you should be experimenting with abilities on your own. Honestly most builds you find online are going to have really specific gear requirements that you won't be able to do right away anyway. The lower difficulties are pretty forgiving and you can get away with like any build you want.
Yeah, don't be afraid to expiriment. Trying different combinations of skills and runes costs you nothing, so go crazy. If you get a nice piece of gear that buffs some skill you've never used, see if you can work it in to your build, or setup an entirely new build centered on that skill if it doesn't fit. If you get something that increases your Lighning Damage, hit Square to look at your Details and check out your adjusted Lightning Damage. Then see how many skills you can tweak to do Lightning damage instead.

Then you can start looking for even more synergy, like the Paralysis passive, which gives all of your Lightning attacks a chance to stun. ;)

ZenaxPure

God damn that Furious Charge Build looks fun, I might try it, I dont have a single raekor's set pieces tho, but that is the fun of this hunting for them.

I do have the maximus though :)

I dunno. Raekor is a lot of fun for clearing rifts because it's like human bowling, but, when you are down to one mob it's really not enjoyable. Rift Guardians are so boring and so time consuming with the build.

Raptor

I dunno. Raekor is a lot of fun for clearing rifts because it's like human bowling, but, when you are down to one mob it's really not enjoyable. Rift Guardians are so boring and so time consuming with the build.

:(

Maybe mixing up for when encountering bosses?

Is doable or too annoying?

gioGAF

So pissed with this game right now. Last night there was a "hotfix" released by Blizzard. Turns out this stupid hotfix was buggy and it reset many players Legendary Gems back to ZERO. I had spent HOURS upgrading all my Legendary Gems since they were introduced, now they are all back at ZERO. Fuck you Blizzard! Fix THIS!!

joeblow

I read that, it basically says that if you played during the "hotfix" active time you are screwed.

Truly sorry for you bro.

For other players holding off on the game right now, I cold started my PS4 last night like the instructions said and then fired up D3 - the hotfix did not take hold. I enjoyed several hours of playtime with no ill effects. Hopefully the issue is sorted out soon for those of you who played while the hotfix was still active.

Kadin

It's safe to play now right? I've been playing and my leg gems are fine but I'm still all out of gems..
As long as you've fully powered down and reset, the hotfix should have been removed when you logged back in. And they advised it's probably best NOT to play with others online who might still be running with the hotfix enabled as it could potentially glitch your game. I'm just playing solo for now and all has been fine. Re-leveled my gems back to about 6 and slowly pushing forward. This was a pretty bad mess up.

I read that, it basically says that if you played during the "hotfix" active time you are screwed.
I had my game running all day yesterday, and my gems still have their upgrades. Currently, Myriam is asking for Flawless Imperials to enchant jewelry. I may have escaped the hotfix because I did have the game running the entire time; I never quit the app, and I don't think I even quit out to the main menu.

So when they undid the hotfix, it didn't fix your gems?

Kadin

So when they undid the hotfix, it didn't fix your gems?
Nope. All that happened is that mine reappeared as they were gone initially, the ones in my stash that is, but they were all reset to 0 including the ones already equipped. It seems like there's no real way for them to reverse this action since the info isn't stored server-side. I never thought to backup my saves so lesson learned for me I guess.

PS+ automatically backs up your save to the cloud, but I don't know how often and I think it only keeps one copy, so it may have been clobbered by now. Worth checking though.

All this talking about Legendary gems and I'm just sitting enjoy my 360 copy...

BTW, I think Borderlands Pre-Sequel (and the whole saga in general) could do with copying Diablo a little bit more. Between Adventure Mode being able to teleport to AND from "hometown" in a few seconds (not to mention the satisfying gore, guts and elemental effects), I've been spoiled.

gioGAF

I guess I might as well post this here, since the hotfix literally screwed me:

If any of you are willing to help get me (and Kadin) back to where we were that would be great. You can dupe or donate any leveled legendary gems (30s or 40s?), my PSN is:
Akuma_818

I had most of them in the 40s, now I only have a bunch of level ZERO gems. Please don't send any gems above level 50. Thanks to all that decide to help :)

Also looking for a good Kridershot...

Good games yesterday man, I need to put a socket on that Kim Lauh oe whatever the name is fist weapon for my lightning monk, tho that Monk will be for T5 or something, I find that the Holy Monk is the ideal for T6 and GR, lightning monk I get killed almost instantly :(

Indeed good games man! Thanks to you for the sungwuko pieces too.

gioGAF

I don't see how they can fix it. How are they going to revert people's gems back to where they were? My gems were all in the 30s and 40s. How would they be able to determine what level they were at and set them back to that level for each individual player?

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
I don't see how they can fix it. How are they going to revert people's gems back to where they were? My gems were all in the 30s and 40s. How would they be able to determine what level they were at and set them back to that level for each individual player?
They won't. Saves are local, they can't be remotely altered.

Paganmoon

Well if you're lucky the reset might have not affected the underlying gem level, somewhere in your local save, the gemlevel might still be there and could be restored? I don't know, just spitballing.

subwilde

Wow glad I took those precautionary measures last night. Sorry Gio I really feel for you man : I have a lvl 28 bleed over 3secs gem if you'd like. Was from another gaffer and I'd love to pass it on! I gotta start leveling my smite gem.

Anywho I'm thinking about changing my CotA/leapquake barb and utilising some of the raekor pieces in my chest. Any advice on that build? I never used whirlwind since I've just been leaping everywhere lol

I fell asleep playing this game with a friend on co op. It's the first two hours in, but he kicked me in the ass saying "WAKE UP THE GAMES NOT THAT BORING." This game just isn't holding my attention. How long do I have to play it before it gets interesting? I rented it expecting something akin to Diablo or Diablo 2, but it just feels really damn off.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Is Crusader better now then when it first came out?

Crusader is great right now with several T6 viable builds and 1 solid greater rift build. They are just hard to gear because of the cool down requirements to make the good builds work.

quest

Not Banned from OT

Sorry to hear that I would be mad if that happened. My gems were not as high as yours mid 30s. After the corrupt save bug on vanilla D3 I am paranoid about this kind of thing. I have 2 sets of back ups. One on USB stick that I do daily or after a session I get something nice. I use the cloud save every couple of days. That way I have 2 restore points just in case. I highly recommend people do something similar to avoid this in the future.

I am really hoping we can put together a group of people for greater rifts 39+. I have hit a wall right now and I think grouping be only way to push past it. A lot of it is trying to get higher level keys. My best was today a level 39 key. I really hope to get a decent rift with that key. I don't expect to finish in time just be happy to finish under 30 minutes. I really need to study up on how to do greater rifts better.

quest

Not Banned from OT
On a side now I would avoid public games for a while because the leg gem bug can be spread by people who stayed online and not taken the hot fix removal. I guarantee there is people out there who will keep their games online to grief people. It is right in the hot fix patch notes. So avoid public games like the plague for a while to be safe.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/14926873415

Additionally, please note that joining an online game which was created with the hotfix active may cause players within the party to be affected by the reported issues. As a result, we advise using caution when playing online for the next 24 – 48 hours.

So, I've been talking about how to determine what makes a given piece of gear good. Using this handy tool, I made this spreadsheet, which shows me what affixes I'm looking for from a given piece of gear, and their relative importance. Note that a given legendary will have four primary and two secondary affixes. The Saffron Wrap always rolls with RCR and CCR, so one of each of its slot types will always roll those affixes, counting against the limits of 4 and 2. Unique effects — like the set-bonus bonus from RRoG — also take up an affix slot; a secondary affix, in the case of the RRoG. Anyway, here's my flux wiz.

uvxLucf.png

So a quick glance at the tables tells me that I actually have a pretty nice hat, despite the fact that most of its rolls are comparatively low. At least it covers all of the bases, and with some enchanting, I can bump up the Disintegrate a little higher. Any affix with an asterisk has been rolled on to the item, if you didn't catch that.

You can also see that my belt and second ring fall well short of what I'm hoping for from those slots, owning mostly to the fact that they're not a Saffron Wrap and Stone of Jordan, respectively. The belt and ring I do have — String of Ears and Pandemonium Loop — are both nice pieces of gear in their own right; just not the gear I was hoping to have.

But even ignoring the fact that I'm missing specific pieces I'd like to have, I have a lot of gear which isn't particularly special. My pants turned out pretty well, and my bracers are fairly nice, but most of the rest of my gear is sorta meh, and could benefit from some upgrading. The pants are especially nice because they hit all four of my primaries, and I haven't even enchanted them yet. My gloves are shit, because they only hit two of my primaries, and that only after being enchanted. In fact, I think I'll try to craft another pair right now. lol

The nicest thing about this system is if and when a new shoulder piece drops, it's trivial for me to compare it to both my current gear and my ideal gear, which lets me decide if the new piece is a move forwards, sideways, or backwards with respect to my final goal. If the new piece drops with Hydra, Int, Vit, and Area Damage, then that's a definite upgrade, because I can enchant the Vit to RCR, and thereby hit all four of my primaries. Hydra, Int, Vit, and Armor would be a little more iffy, but with some enchanting I can hit Priorities 1-3 instead of Priorities 2-4, so probably still better than what I had.

Note that these are just the characteristics I feel will best benefit my skill set as a Temporal Flux Wizard. My girlfriend's Wind Shear Barbie has a completely different set of priorities for her gear, and my priorities are likely to change if I can ever muster the will to attempt assembly of a Firebird build.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
If someone's up for some coop (PS4) I'm in ACT2 myself (lvl 38 Crusader)... Please rescue me from the boringness that is playing at Expert without any challenge whatsoever.. Can't bear to go on like this till ActV just so I can finally unlock the Master difficulty modes, it has gotten to a point where it is honestly ruining this awesome game for me: no challenge/skills required=no fun.

I'll be online in 10 minutes, if you'd like to join me then just send me an invite (gaffers only, tell me your GAF handle in the request) at:
PSN ID dashkap.
I can text chat (via PSN app on iPad or whatever is the preferred way as long as I can do it on a tablet like Skype etc.) or hook up the headset (I own the crappy standard one that comes with the console) or even no chat at all if you prefer.
If we go mic, just keep in mind that english's not my first language so you'll have to suffer through (and maybe have some giggling at the expense of) my (italian) accent :p

PikkonX

I have a HUGE problem with this game. I can't bring myself to play anything else. [Insert itsalmosttoogood.jpeg here]. Poor Forza Horizon 2...and Bayonetta 2 and Smash are coming out relatively soon...

D:

Same "problem" I'm having. Destiny, The Evil Within, NBA 2K15... are all just coasters at the moment. Really hoping I can recover by the time Dragon Age drops. Feel like I NEED a Sunwuko set before I can lay off the game a bit lol.

Raptor

If someone's up for some coop (PS4) I'm in ACT2 myself (lvl 38 Crusader)... Please rescue me from the boringness that is playing at Expert without any challenge whatsoever.. Can't bear to go on like this till ActV just so I can finally unlock the Master difficulty modes, it has gotten to a point where it is honestly ruining this awesome game for me: no challenge/skills required=no fun.

I'll be online in 10 minutes, if you'd like to join me then just send me an invite (gaffers only, tell me your GAF handle in the request) at:
PSN ID dashkap.
I can text chat (via PSN app on iPad or whatever is the preferred way as long as I can do it on a tablet like Skype etc.) or hook up the headset (I own the crappy standard one that comes with the console) or even no chat at all if you prefer.
If we go mic, just keep in mind that english's not my first language so you'll have to suffer through (and maybe have some giggling at the expense of) my (italian) accent :p

My mexican accent is terrible that I think nobody understand me lol, I still talk when I can.

Same "problem" I'm having. Destiny, The Evil Within, NBA 2K15... are all just coasters at the moment. Really hoping I can recover by the time Dragon Age drops. Feel like I NEED a Sunwuko set before I can lay off the game a bit lol.

Funny thing is, once you get that set, it'll be like an entirely new game and you'll be hooked once again. Happens every time!

I've been in the same boat in regards to starting up destiny or driveclub.. I keep thinking it is time for a break from diablo but then I get a better item that improves the build and I push farther into the greater rifts haha

Raptor

Funny thing is, once you get that set, it'll be like an entirely new game and you'll be hooked once again. Happens every time!

I've been in the same boat in regards to starting up destiny or driveclub.. I keep thinking it is time for a break from diablo but then I get a better item that improves the build and I push farther into the greater rifts haha

The only game that will make me switch discs is GTA5 next month :)

And when there is no coop to be found in D3 or any of you guys are online :p

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
My mexican accent is terrible that I think nobody understand me lol, I still talk when I can.

Man I can't wait till I'll have a decent endgame character to play with you guys... hope I'll manage to build one before ya'll get bored with the game.
I love the game but it's a bit of a chore right now, if I was playing on X1 I could totally see myself snapping TV while playing till ACT5 to unlock the upper difficulty modes... then again, glad I've bought it on PS4 since the population here on GAF seems to be split among PC and PS4 now that old-gen consoles won't get supported by Blizz anymore, X1 looks like barren land in comparison

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Man I can't wait till I'll have a decent endgame character to play with you guys... hope I'll manage to build one before ya'll get bored with the game.
I love the game but it's a bit of a chore right now, if I was playing on X1 I could totally see myself snapping TV while playing till ACT5 to unlock the upper difficulty modes... then again, glad I've bought it on PS4 since the population here on GAF seems to be split among PC and PS4 now that old-gen consoles won't get supported by Blizz anymore, X1 looks like barren land in comparison

Hey man. I'm up to play with ya' on my new 70 if you're down.Gotta pull some cookies out of the oven in a few but I'll be there. Not gonna mess with a mic because I'm going to be on the phone but I'm game if you are.

PSN- Splitdog79, On your list already,

Raptor

Hey man. I'm up to play with ya' on my new 70 if you're down.Gotta pull some cookies out of the oven in a few but I'll be there. Not gonna mess with a mic because I'm going to be on the phone but I'm game if you are.

PSN- Splitdog79, On your list already,

Cookies nice!!!

Add me man, xRaptor_1

Or maybe you already did?

Top Bottom