• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Lazyslob

Banned
currently trying to make a build with reikers and immortal king set for barbarian and all im getting is nothing but blackthorn armor ugh.

edit:
im also getting a lot of invoker sets as well. it says thorn damage and i still have no idea what thorn damage is besides crusader who that a thorn ability. is it useful for barb?

ZenaxPure

I have not beat 39 yet but I think it will happen. Some of it is getting a good grift the other is me being more agressive and trying to pull in more monsters to fight at once. With my double unity set up I sit around 980k sheet and 7 million toughness without champion. I do take entirely to much damage need to get better at avoiding it. So I can drop indestructible passive for something more offensive. Or go more glass cannon by dropping vit on helm for +horse damage. You have 80 points of critical damage on me that is a lot of the sheet difference I would guess. I am sure we both are still looking for that perfect shield with str,chc,cdr and plus horse damage.

You really should drop Indestructible actually, but, that is because of the Prophet rune for Champion. Prophet gives you a cheat death mechanic as well that is up more often that Indestructible, but, Indestructible will always proc before Prophet meaning you probably rarely see Prophet save your life.

I was in a similar boat as you on my crusader but the thing I discovered is that Prophet is up all the fucking time. I am honestly not sure how it works but the debuff you get that shows the remaining time until Prophet can save your life again seems to vary based on something else. Sometimes if I die the debuff timer only lasts a few seconds. I assume it has something to do with the cooldown of Champion itself, but, honestly not really sure.

Anyway, more to the point I found Indestructible to be fairly useless alongside Prophet myself. I had the same mindset as you but I went ahead and dropped it and honestly I can't tell a difference.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Question to ya'll:
If my inventory gets full while playing coop with a buddy, what's the best way to manage items without making the other players wait for me for too long? How do you guys do it?
Also, to catch a buddy after being idle for a while (bathroom/inventory management), is the best way to to that just to teleport to town and touch his banner so that I can spawn next to him? That works only if he's the host tho, right?

Get into the habit of pressing d-pad up and square when you pick up items that aren't worth it, then when you're full you just port back to town and hit salvage all junk and get back out again.

Krayzie

Get into the habit of pressing d-pad up and square when you pick up items that aren't worth it, then when you're full you just port back to town and hit salvage all junk and get back out again.

You don't need to waste time doing the whole d-pad thing.
When you salvage all junk at the blacksmith, that will automatically salvage ALL equipment that is NOT legendary. Doesn;t matter if you did not put it under junk yourself.

Number45

When you salvage all junk at the blacksmith, that will automatically salvage ALL equipment that is NOT legendary. Doesn;t matter if you did not put it under junk yourself.
What? When I hit R3 at the salvage menu it only salvages what I've marked - I'm sure of it. :s

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

You're thinking of Mass Salvage which isnt the same thing (triangle).
Yeah you can do that too but I was coming from the aspect of him still needing rares and may not want to salvage his entire inventory.

Number45

You're thinking of Mass Salvage which isnt the same thing (triangle).
Yeah you can do that too but I was coming from the aspect of him still needing rares and may not want to salvage his entire inventory.
Ah, that makes sense. Actually didn't know this was possible. :)

turnbuckle

I didn't know that was possible. I knew you could do that to mass-repair but not mass-salvage. Good to know!

quest

Not Banned from OT
You really should drop Indestructible actually, but, that is because of the Prophet rune for Champion. Prophet gives you a cheat death mechanic as well that is up more often that Indestructible, but, Indestructible will always proc before Prophet meaning you probably rarely see Prophet save your life.

I was in a similar boat as you on my crusader but the thing I discovered is that Prophet is up all the fucking time. I am honestly not sure how it works but the debuff you get that shows the remaining time until Prophet can save your life again seems to vary based on something else. Sometimes if I die the debuff timer only lasts a few seconds. I assume it has something to do with the cooldown of Champion itself, but, honestly not really sure.

Anyway, more to the point I found Indestructible to be fairly useless alongside Prophet myself. I had the same mindset as you but I went ahead and dropped it and honestly I can't tell a difference.

The question is what did you take instead of indestructible? I really don't need long arm of the law as the 5 second of unstoppable force is usually enough to fix my wrath issues if they come up with provoke to scared to run. I could take wrathful until I get higher paragon and more life per hit 458 right now and working on 3rd category which includes life on hit. I heard from more than 1 crusader that holy cause is not as much of a DPS upgrade as the sheet says. That is why I am torn because I use 5 seconds of invulnerability of indestructible to finish off reflecting monsters or electrified.

turnbuckle

Mass salvage is a godsend until you're swamped with mats.

Then it's back to junking everything to sell.

Really wish they'd expand inventory / stash a little bit. At least have a separate stash count for gems and crafting materials. Guess that's one use for alts, but it's a bit of a pain going that route for inventory management.

turnbuckle

Oh

I got another (my third) fate of the fell yesterday. Got it in the first minute or so of playing.

It doesn't have the utility stats of my alternate FotF but it has about 300 more DPS (had a decent average damage roll and +7% damage) and a natural socket and a lot of strength.

I am just having a hard time switching from my gyrfalcon foote + jekanboard combo even though I'm hitting a wall with it. I don't have a good shield or the right utility affixes on my other gear (CDR, RCR) to make holy shotgun work yet, I don't think.

I almost want to make a separate female crusader and give her one set of gear while my dudesader has the other. irrational, I know...just get annoyed/impatient switching out so much gear and skills whenever I test out one build or another. :p

Raptor

Hey turnbuckle sorry about last night man but my barbarian is not up to shit lol, I dont have a single set piece, I think I will have to play in T3 at the highest till I get the good stuff.

Also the first 200 shards I spent while trying for my IK Helmet guess what it gives me? a Eyes of the Heart one lol, I pretty fucking sure if that was the one I was looking for she would have gave me the IK one lol.

My barbie is at 550k dps but I need lots of thoughness because I was dying of one hit in T6.

turnbuckle

Hey turnbuckle sorry about last night man but my barbarian is not up to shit lol, I dont have a single set piece, I think I will have to play in T3 at the highest till I get the good stuff.

Also the first 200 shards I spent while trying for my IK Helmet guess what it gives me? a Eyes of the Heart one lol, I pretty fucking sure if that was the one I was looking for she would have gave me the IK one lol.

My barbie is at 550k dps but I need lots of thoughness because I was dying of one hit in T6.

Oh no sweat man. btw, the other player in that group is my best friend. If you see him on again you should add him :)

And I'd be down for doing T3 runs with my crusader and your barb sometime. I'll just lazily throw shields and not have to worry too much about getting murdered at that difficulty lol.

ZenaxPure

The question is what did you take instead of indestructible? I really don't need long arm of the law as the 5 second of unstoppable force is usually enough to fix my wrath issues if they come up with provoke to scared to run. I could take wrathful until I get higher paragon and more life per hit 458 right now and working on 3rd category which includes life on hit. I heard from more than 1 crusader that holy cause is not as much of a DPS upgrade as the sheet says. That is why I am torn because I use 5 seconds of invulnerability of indestructible to finish off reflecting monsters or electrified.

Depends on your gear and build I guess. I find Stampede to be really hard on wrath because if you want to get the most out of it you give up Reaper Wraps for Strongarm. Without that I find Long Arm of The Law to be incredibly valuable for keeping my wrath up because Stampede is also meant to be played as a ranged build so you usually can't get the most out of provoke without running up to monsters and using it, which just means you are losing DPS time running around. But using that passive I can literally stand in town and spam horses forever without running out of wrath.

The reflect damage/electrified thing has me worried a bit to be honest. Electrified should never be an issue because you should be on the other side of the screen so most of it shouldn't hit you. If you are in a situation where you have to stand on top of an electrified pack to damage them in the upper 30 GRs that is a pack you should either be skipping or kiting to the next more open location. As for reflect damage, I am not sure, I have never died to it as long as Iron Skin is active (as it and reflect damage have similar durations) and the only healing I have on my Crusader is from my Templar's heal, the 5k lps I get from him, the 10k from paragon points, and the 8k loh from paragon points.

Raptor

That sounds great :)

Did a rift on T2 was too easy so yeah T3 or T4 should do it fine.

Oki when I see him again I will add him :)

The only bad thing is that I will not be able to play till saturday night lol Im grounded by my wife aahhaahah damn.

Alright, can someone help me here?

I tried to import my save from the PS3 to the PS4 and my characters switch over but none of my stash and I had to start my stash from the beginning including unlocking more slots/space.

Now I went back to the PS3, I started my game up, I moved some of my stash like gems and few others and exported my save, then imported the new save on the PS4 and I found out that all the gear on my character switches but none of my gear from my stash returns.

Do you guys know what's doing it?

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Alright, can someone help me here?

I tried to import my save from the PS3 to the PS4 and my characters switch over but none of my stash and I had to start my stash from the beginning including unlocking more slots/space.

Now I went back to the PS3, I started my game up, I moved some of my stash like gems and few others and exported my save, then imported the new save on the PS4 and I found out that all the gear on my character switches but none of my gear from my stash returns.

Do you guys know what's doing it?

Never done an export but is the stash meant to transfer over?

If all else fails, make mule characters holding your stash before export?

Raptor

My goal now is the WW barbarian with the Hexing Pants of yan, they say it could manage GR35+ so thats godo enough for me :p

I will be a tornado maniac!!

quest

Not Banned from OT
Depends on your gear and build I guess. I find Stampede to be really hard on wrath because if you want to get the most out of it you give up Reaper Wraps for Strongarm. Without that I find Long Arm of The Law to be incredibly valuable for keeping my wrath up because Stampede is also meant to be played as a ranged build so you usually can't get the most out of provoke without running up to monsters and using it, which just means you are losing DPS time running around. But using that passive I can literally stand in town and spam horses forever without running out of wrath.

The reflect damage/electrified thing has me worried a bit to be honest. Electrified should never be an issue because you should be on the other side of the screen so most of it shouldn't hit you. If you are in a situation where you have to stand on top of an electrified pack to damage them in the upper 30 GRs that is a pack you should either be skipping or kiting to the next more open location. As for reflect damage, I am not sure, I have never died to it as long as Iron Skin is active (as it and reflect damage have similar durations) and the only healing I have on my Crusader is from my Templar's heal, the 5k lps I get from him, the 10k from paragon points, and the 8k loh from paragon points.

I have the standard stampede gear including strongmans,furnace, and 56% cooldown. I played shotgun for a while so after that it seems anything is easy for wrath management. It looks like I really need more paragon levels to finish off the 3rd category for LOH. I will be dropping indestructible soon if for anything to get rid of the crutch to get better at avoiding damage. Maybe try long arm of the law with the critical ruin to boost up my low CHD(around 370).

I think the distance thing might be PC vs Console. As the console still has a much more zoomed in view making it harder to really keep distance and see if you are hitting anything.

as the console still has a much more zoomed in view

This really frustrates me on my wizard with serpent's sparked.

I'd prefer to be able to prep groups of mobs with hydras before raining down fiery death, but most of the time never get the chance due to aggroing mobs off-screen.

Paganmoon

This really frustrates me on my wizard with serpent's sparked.

I'd prefer to be able to prep groups of mobs with hydras before raining down fiery death, but most of the time never get the chance due to aggroing mobs off-screen.

hmm, getting charged by the bulls (or whatever they are) from offscreen is annoying as hell.

Seriously though, how do y'all get your stats so high? Like I said, I know my gear is far from ideal, but even when Unwavering Will kicks in, I'm only at like 606k/9900k. I can't even imagine how upgrading my gear could triple my Damage while also doubling my Toughness.

What am I missing here?

Laconic

Banned
Seriously though, how do y'all get your stats so high? Like I said, I know my gear is far from ideal, but even when Unwavering Will kicks in, I'm only at like 606k/9900k. I can't even imagine how upgrading my gear could triple my Damage while also doubling my Toughness.

What am I missing here?

I'd love to know how they are getting defense into the teens of millions, as well.

I'm guessing passives + buffs.

Raptor

What am I missing here?

With my Monk fully buffed and doing my mantra spams and clones I deal into the 100 million crits and like 1800k DPS.

But I don't actually know why is that lol.

subwilde

My goal now is the WW barbarian with the Hexing Pants of yan, they say it could manage GR35+ so thats godo enough for me :p

I will be a tornado maniac!!

Hey that's my new goal ;p except with the raekor set.

If you want Raptor I got sooo much extra stuff for my barb, I've been waiting for someone to use a barb!! I got extra IK pieces as well as MotE :) definitely have that IK helmet you're looking for....in fact I have 3 ;)

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Is there a way to get into the The Last Of Us dungeon?
Ive been playing since launch, all classes except the Barbarian at level 70 and i havent seen that dungeon yet.

Raptor

Hey that's my new goal ;p except with the raekor set.

If you want Raptor I got sooo much extra stuff for my barb, I've been waiting for someone to use a barb!! I got extra IK pieces as well as MotE :) definitely have that IK helmet you're looking for....in fact I have 3 ;)

That would be great man, IK set pieces should be nice for my build, I already have my Stalgards Decimator :)

Thanks.

Oh and since I wont be using the MoTE helmet I got from kadala if someone wants it is yours :)

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
I'd love to know how they are getting defense into the teens of millions, as well.

I'm guessing they are running very specific builds, and many with very specific gear.

I thought my Witch Doctor was wrecking shop until I visited my brother last weekend and he showed me his. It was a sea of minions and fucking everything was exploding and every piece of gear was augmenting and supporting and empowering the minions and creating more minions. It was fucking ridiculous and shamed my shitty Doctor.

It leads me to suspecting while, yes, the character classes are very customizable if you want to enjoy high-torment play there very much are builds that those players use for very specific reasons.

Is there a way to get into the The Last Of Us dungeon?
Ive been playing since launch, all classes except the Barbarian at level 70 and i havent seen that dungeon yet.

Yeah I had my first one yesterday. Had completely forgotten about it and was like OH SHIT ITS A CLICKER.

Only this time I laid waste to them with magical abilities instead of sneaking and hiding ^^

With my crusader, i have 9.5 million Defense. With Akkarat Prophet, i have 19.5 million.

My attack goes from 920K to 1.3 million i believe during it.

Doesnt matter about sheet DPS, its all about crits and additional damage (i.e. my shield bash is 120% damage increase) so usually around 70 million crits and i have 30% area damage from Passives.

Once i get my 2 more sockets for legendary gems and finish my rolands set, im ready for t6 for sure

Number45

I've asked this before, but where are you folks getting your build direction from? I see so many "I'm going for this build", or "I've got that item so I can do this" and I have no idea where to start still.

I'm actually doing OK solo with my WD in T4 with the standard pet build and no build based drops, but there's no way I'm pushing any higher.

Raptor

I've asked this before, but where are you folks getting your build direction from? I see so many "I'm going for this build", or "I've got that item so I can do this" and I have no idea where to start still.

I'm actually doing OK solo with my WD in T4 with the standard pet build and no build based drops, but there's no way I'm pushing any higher.

http://www.diablofans.com/forums/diablo-iii-class-forums

Go nuts man, I have found all my builds there, they explain it to the last detail.

Very nice site.

Of course meanwhile you are building it you have to use whats best for you at that time :p

quest

Not Banned from OT

Both reddit and the official diablo 3 forums are a good spots to read up on classes.

Welp. I think I'm done with this fucking game. That hotfix removed every single one of my blacksmith plans, reset all my legendary gems equipped and removed the others out of my inventory probably more that I'm not aware of.

Tried to pull down a cloud save but it was uploaded after everything got fucked. Really sucks. As for the gaffer who generously sent me his extra Akkhan pieces to complete my set..gone! Thank you though!!

Really shoddy work blizzard

Oh noooes I believe I sent you helm and boots if I'm not mistaken.If you lost them I think i have more spares man if you plan on sticking around.

Also to the gaffer who needed a darklight I have a spare just add me and lmk.Still have gyrfalcon and Jakenbord set of anyone needs and Firebird pieces.Oh also have a spare maybe two RoRG (str).

Psn-Legendkilla3rd could use a Firebird source ord,Fate of the fell or Furnace.

Raptor

Oh noooes I believe I sent you helm and boots if I'm not mistaken.If you lost them I think i have more spares man if you plan on sticking around.

Also to the gaffer who needed a darklight I have a spare just add me and lmk.Still have gyrfalcon and Jakenbord set of anyone needs and Firebird pieces.

Psn-Legendkilla3rd could use a Firebird source ord,Fate of the fell or Furnace.

I can give you a FoTF if you want, I don't need it.

Number45

http://www.diablofans.com/forums/diablo-iii-class-forums

Go nuts man, I have found all my builds there, they explain it to the last detail.

Very nice site.

Of course meanwhile you are building it you have to use whats best for you at that time :p

Both reddit and the official diablo 3 forums are a good spots to read up on classes.
Thanks guys, I'll have a read. It's endlessly frustrating to have spent as many hours as I have across Crusader and WD and to have had not a single build defining piece drop. :'(

quest

Not Banned from OT
Thanks guys, I'll have a read. It's endlessly frustrating to have spent as many hours as I have across Crusader and WD and to have had not a single build defining piece drop. :'(

That is why I stick to 1 character splitting time just reduces the chances of defining gear for each character. I would just stick to 1 character till one is T6 capable then you can dabble in other classes. Playing multiple T3 characters is just not very efficient when in that same time you could of had 1 T6 capable character. Not only is there less loot in lower torment levels the exp is also much lower so you get behind in paragon levels to.

Number45

That is why I stick to 1 character splitting time just reduces the chances of defining gear for each character. I would just stick to 1 character till one is T6 capable then you can dabble in other classes. Playing multiple T3 characters is just not very efficient when in that same time you could of had 1 T6 capable character. Not only is there less loot in lower torment levels the exp is also much lower so you get behind in paragon levels to.
I stuck to my Crusader for AGES without a single drop. It wasn't so much about splitting my time as getting fed up and trying another class.

I've been able to push WD further without decent drops (I'm not even all legendary yet), so it's been a little more fulfilling than Crusader for now, but I'm getting to that point having run countless rifts and spent thousands of shards without a single Mask of Jeram that's it's hard not to look elsewhere again.

Scoot2005

Banned
Picked this up today along with Shadow Warrior. Gonna wait to play D3 so I can sink some real time into the SOLO. Will probably pick up multi with some friends later.

With my crusader, i have 9.5 million Defense. With Akkarat Prophet, i have 19.5 million.

My attack goes from 920K to 1.3 million i believe during it.
That skill looks pretty crazy. Certainly more powerful than Archon, it would seem. Even standing still my Archon only hits 711k/10.1M. I don't actually run Archon though. I guess the damage stack would be nice for trash mobs, but Black Hole works pretty well on them too, and it seems like it's more useful for elites and guardians/bosses.

I've been trying to get my CHC/CHD up, but I'm only at 39.2%/223%, and that's with Pinpoint up and 37 PP in to CHC. Is that what's killing my Damage? My Toughness is sitting at 8.1M with UW active. It dropped a bit when I changed my gloves, but I picked up a little RCR in the process. Still, that's not too far off from your pre-Prophet number. My Damage is way low though. =/

Top Bottom