• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Kadin

Don't need a key for the vault. I believe you're thinking of greater rifts. The vault is a magical place that occasionally spawns after killing a goblin. No key required.
I could have sworn on PC that people weren't able to invite friends and have them join the vaults. Maybe it's different on consoles or I read the info wrong.

Paganmoon

Cookies nice!!!

Add me man, xRaptor_1

Or maybe you already did?

That was probably me :)

As far as I know for the duration of the game session, and yep anyone can enter it.

Alrighty, was just thinking, if I ever find one again, if it's worth posting on here for people to join.

In other news Kadala gave me a Tasker and Theo with 50% pet attack increase, so now I'm -almost- fully sentry equipped, still need Etrayu and another Unity ring, so I don't die as much in rifts. Killed GR30 riftguardian solo, about 10 seconds after timer ran out, cause I died 5 times.

In the past week I've dropped from 1.2 million sheet dps, to 800k, and from 6400k toughness to 5800k, but the build really helped with going through rift, my damage output has gone up immensely, and survivability as well since I don't need to focus on damage at all after putting down the sentrys. Only downside is, in lower rifts, playing in a group, my damage output isn't that good, as I have a bit of a ramp up time. Not sure what to do about that.

Paganmoon

Why does it take you longer to ramp up if there are other players around?

Doesn't take longer in a group, takes as long as solo, just that by the time I've ramped up the damage, with 4 sentries down, mobs are already long dead, so I don't do as much damage. on 27-29 rifts in a group, I hardly ever get to put down more than 2 sentries. The build really sucks at burst damage. Quite different from the cold Cluster arrow/Vengeance/rain of vengeance burst build I had before.

HORRORSHØW

finally got an akarat's awakening gambling for the phoenix shield. terrible rolls, naturally. socket on ammy has got me over the g38 hump. g39 still kicks my ass hard. the difference in difficulty from 38>39 is rough. rift guardian dropped an INT furnace for my crusader so i'm happy with that.

Raptor

Grimløck;135482884 said:
finally got an akarat's awakening gambling for the phoenix shield. terrible rolls, naturally. socket on ammy has got me over the g38 hump. g39 still kicks my ass hard. the difference in difficulty from 38>39 is rough. rift guardian dropped an INT furnace for my crusader so i'm happy with that.

G38 Jeez, the other day I could not complete in time G31, or did I?

Im terrible at remembering things, lol.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
I want to thank Spatenfloot and Dash for the Mal run. Still sort of new to playing with anyone but my bro. I hope I did alright! Thanks :)

Grimløck;135482884 said:

and INT furnace you say?! *winks at grimlock

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I want to thank Spatenfloot and Dash for the Mal run. Still sort of new to playing with anyone but my bro. I hope I did alright! Thanks :)

Yep, thanks guys!
I had a lot of fun with you and I gotta thank Spatenfooot for helping me unlock Master difficult mode!
I only hope it wasn't super boring for you, next time it'll be much better I promise, I'm still getting the hang of things and this was also my first coop run with the game :) and just 15lvls from lvl60 and unlocking the Torment modes. Only thing I hate is that chatting via the PS4 is a chore... Or maybe I'm doing it wrong?

Every goddamn time I see the notification I then have to click PS button, go to messages, select it, read it... and reply. On top of that it's so goddamn slow, takes ages to refresh stuff for me.
Tried using the iPad + PS app but it wasn't good enough, super slow to notify a new msg.

Question to ya'll:
If my inventory gets full while playing coop with a buddy, what's the best way to manage items without making the other players wait for me for too long? How do you guys do it?
Also, to catch a buddy after being idle for a while (bathroom/inventory management), is the best way to to that just to teleport to town and touch his banner so that I can spawn next to him? That works only if he's the host tho, right?

Welp. I think I'm done with this fucking game. That hotfix removed every single one of my blacksmith plans, reset all my legendary gems equipped and removed the others out of my inventory probably more that I'm not aware of.

Tried to pull down a cloud save but it was uploaded after everything got fucked. Really sucks. As for the gaffer who generously sent me his extra Akkhan pieces to complete my set..gone! Thank you though!!

Really shoddy work blizzard

Raptor

Welp. I think I'm done with this fucking game. That hotfix removed every single one of my blacksmith plans, reset all my legendary gems equipped and removed the others out of my inventory probably more that I'm not aware of.

Tried to pull down a cloud save but it was uploaded after everything got fucked. Really sucks. As for the gaffer who generously sent me his extra Akkhan pieces to complete my set..gone! Thank you though!!

Holy Crap man!

:(

Dash Kappei

Oh shit, that's awful -_-
What platform? You mention an hotfix, so I guess PC?

HORRORSHØW

and INT furnace you say?! *winks at grimlock
lol going to use it on my wizard.

i do have these to give away if anyone wants them. otherwise i'm going to scrap 'em.
B0lv_1TCAAA-UWH.jpg

Dash Kappei

Goddamn, fucking scary that is :/

Anyway, so I was thinking about being more speedy at inventory and loot management and it hit me.

Are RARE (and magic of course) items fucking useless past the first few hours of the first playthrough? I mean, are there very particular RARE and MAGIC items which can trump or be more useful than a Legendary of the same level? Because it seems to me that I could already just skip anything magic and keep Rares just to salvage them, never to use. Is that right?
'Cause if I am, I think Blizzard should've locked Legendaries behind lvl70 Torment IV or something.
I mean, having Legendaries drop at any level means that you only care for loot when you see that beaming orange light, rendering the vast majority of the loot system utterly useless.
Or maybe not? You tell me.

Raptor

Anyway, so I was thinking about being more speedy at inventory and loot management and it hit me.

Are RARE (and magic of course) items fucking useless past the first few hours of the first playthrough? I mean, are there very particular RARE and MAGIC items which can trump or be more useful than a Legendary of the same level? Because it seems to me that I could already just skip anything magic and keep Rares just to salvage them, never to use. Is that right?
'Cause if I am, I think Blizzard should've locked Legendaries behind lvl70 Torment IV or something.
I mean, having Legendaries drop at any level means that you only care for loot when you see that beaming orange light, rendering the vast majority of the loot system utterly useless.
You need everything to salvage because you will need it for enchanthing stuff down the road, I pick up everything for that reason alone.

Also you can craft stuff at the blacksmith.

This probably is a stupid question at this point, but do higher Torment levels offer you stronger legendaries? I'm doing T2 right now and other than needing one more Akkan (sp?) set, I'm kinda stuck in a rut and not getting stronger.

Horseticuffs

I just turned 70 this morning for the first time but I'm STILL finding level 70 rares that are better than even some like level 66 or 68 legendaries. I can't really give any specific examples off-hand but it's actually happened a few times. I imagine that now that I'm 70 it'll be all about legendaries, though.

Dash Kappei

level required reduced too god damn.

How the fuck is that possible? Item is level 55 and reduced by 16 levels = lvl71 weapon?
Isn't 70 the highest level possible (till the next expansion, which hopefully is coming)?

You need everything to salvage because you will need it for enchanthing stuff down the road, I pick up everything for that reason alone.

Also you can craft stuff at the blacksmith.

What I meant is that you don't even go see what kind of item it is and if it makes sense to equip it, you pick it up and mark as junk just to salvage it.
So what I'm asking is if there's any particular magic or rare items that are more useful than a legendary for a particular build?
I mean, if quick-menu (d-pad left while playing iirc) shows all red arrows then I don't need to waste time checking out the stats in the inventory menu, yes?

I just turned 70 this morning for the first time but I'm STILL finding level 70 rares that are better than even some like level 66 or 68 legendaries. I can't really give any specific examples off-hand but it's actually happened a few times. I imagine that now that I'm 70 it'll be all about legendaries, though.

Uhmm, ok. So I will pay attention till I hit lvl70.

gioGAF

Whoa, I did not check the Black Smith. I'm going to be super pissed if all of that is gone too.

I, like you, lost all progress on Legendary Gems (I had all of them in the 30s and 40s). Still not home, but as I posted earlier, I'm hoping to get some help getting back to where I was. Please donate/dupe any level 30-50 gems to this PSN: Akuma_818

Thanks!

h3ro

Noooo! That helm served me well. Sorry about you losing all your stuff. :/

h3ro

Grimløck;135493786 said:

i do have these to give away if anyone wants them. otherwise i'm going to scrap 'em.
B0lv_1TCAAA-UWH.jpg

I'll take that Furnace off your hands... ;)

:lol

LCGeek

formerly sane
Doesn't take longer in a group, takes as long as solo, just that by the time I've ramped up the damage, with 4 sentries down, mobs are already long dead, so I don't do as much damage. on 27-29 rifts in a group, I hardly ever get to put down more than 2 sentries. The build really sucks at burst damage. Quite different from the cold Cluster arrow/Vengeance/rain of vengeance burst build I had before.

DH's don't shine till later at the levels crusaders and really good monks will smash through things till about GR35.GR25 is about = T6 and in that range a lot of classes can still power creep through things with little problems.

DH's in that build style are sustained and unless you're running a lightning hell trapper or have good cdr so you can spam turrets its hard to kill before the burst does.

I would say for lower torments even t6 if the burst is working fast enough you don't need m6 or helltrapper setup.

LCGeek

formerly sane

70 rare are going to be better you can get rare's in the lower torments that are still better than legendaries. Stats mean more than the type of loot you're getting.

Just junk everything that doesn't show a lot of green arrows except for legendaries.

Also, you can click on anyone's banner, not just the host.

Kadin

This probably is a stupid question at this point, but do higher Torment levels offer you stronger legendaries? I'm doing T2 right now and other than needing one more Akkan (sp?) set, I'm kinda stuck in a rut and not getting stronger.
The higher levels simple offer you a higher chance of getting them but the quality of the item itself is not increased. You could get the same BiS item from T1 just like you could from T6 although it's likely you'd get it faster via T6, if that makes sense.

So I just imported my save from my PS3 to the PS4 via cloud and I lost most of my stuff including my stash which started with 0 slots and I had to upgrade my stash.

All my heroes returned and my gold returned too but my gems and most of my crafting tools seem to have been gone along with all my stash that I saved up during my multiple play throughs on the PS4.

Did I do something wrong here?

EDIT: Yup, I lost all my weapons, armor and all my multiple count gear like gems and all. I remember I had tons of them and none seem to exist other than the ones that are already equipped.

I also remember I had a full stash and that seem to reset to 0 locking up my stash count and I have to upgrade now to store in it.

This is so messed up and I'm quite pissed actually. Fuck!

gunstarhero

Just entered a rainbow colored portal and did battle with 100s of my little ponies. What. The. Fuck is going on guys?

In related news: finally got my Monk in the 60s and switched over to Torment 1. First drop I got was a rare lvl 61 staff that absolutely destroys my legendary lvl56 staff...by like 5x the damage and dex. o_O

Then I got killed by a rainbow dash look a like.

I love this game.

Haines

Banned
Is it feasable to farm for the parts for whimshire on ps4 now?

I remember something called like..gibbering gemstone drop rate was bugged at launch

The higher levels simple offer you a higher chance of getting them but the quality of the item itself is not increased. You could get the same BiS item from T1 just like you could from T6 although it's likely you'd get it faster via T6, if that makes sense.

Alright, cool. Makes sense..I'll keep grinding. Unlike Destiny its actually fun to grind.

So I just imported my save from my PS3 to the PS4 via cloud and I lost most of my stuff including my stash which started with 0 slots and I had to upgrade my stash.

All my heroes returned and my gold returned too but my gems and most of my crafting tools seem to have been gone along with all my stash that I saved up during my multiple play throughs on the PS4.

Did I do something wrong here?

EDIT: Yup, I lost all my weapons, armor and all my multiple count gear like gems and all. I remember I had tons of them and none seem to exist other than the ones that are already equipped.

I also remember I had a full stash and that seem to reset to 0 locking up my stash count and I have to upgrade now to store in it.

This is so messed up and I'm quite pissed actually. Fuck!
Maybe try redoing the import and/or export?

Dash Kappei

Just entered a rainbow colored portal and did battle with 100s of my little ponies. What. The. Fuck is going on guys?

Imagine that, lvl60? that was almost the first thing I had me happen in the game... quite the mindfuck!
Basically it's was an area called whimsyshire, an in-joke the devs built based around the "Diablo III is too fuckin' colorful!!11" 2011's internet nerdrage; while in DIII you could only access it with very specific items, in RoS you can now kill a special creature which spawn a rainbow portal to the whimsyshire"2" (don't remember the name now) which is identical to the original version (which is still there) AFAIK.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Grimløck;135493786 said:

B0lv_1TCAAA-UWH.jpg

You have 500k more sheet and 2 million toughness than me. Wish you could post all your gear. Like to see were your gear is so much better than mine. Maybe I am missing something obvious.

I tried the level 39 grift solo tonight went better than expected. Got to 80% as time expired so just need more damage some how. The grift was so so no act 4 monsters but 2 of the 4 levels were tight caves making hard to get all horses on monsters. I figure leaving some on the table with my gems. Pain is 35 Smite 37-38 and trapped 39. Also because of all the cool down under 400% chd. Also maybe should of rolled off chc instead of str on my unity. The only bummer for the 39 grift is failed 2 out of 3 upgrades at 60 percent.

Horseticuffs

Just put some more time into bounties and rifts and, man, I want to say to all the dudes coming up with their first character; The game really does begin at Seventy. In a lot of ways I can sort of see where Destiny got it's "Light" levels (If, in fact, they were inspired by Paragon levels).

Adventure mode is great and once you have that and can just run around a bunch of dark fantasy levels just crushing shit with other players it totally becomes a modern day Gauntlet.

It is an excellent experience and I've really enjoyed playing with you dudes!

HORRORSHØW

You have 500k more sheet and 2 million toughness than me. Wish you could post all your gear. Like to see were your gear is so much better than mine. Maybe I am missing something obvious.

I tried the level 39 grift solo tonight went better than expected. Got to 80% as time expired so just need more damage some how. The grift was so so no act 4 monsters but 2 of the 4 levels were tight caves making hard to get all horses on monsters. I figure leaving some on the table with my gems. Pain is 35 Smite 37-38 and trapped 39. Also because of all the cool down under 400% chd. Also maybe should of rolled off chc instead of str on my unity. The only bummer for the 39 grift is failed 2 out of 3 upgrades at 60 percent.

those stats are buffed with AC active. without buffs my stats are 1400K dps and 8.5m toughness. i recently dropped 100K dps for more cdr (rolled off the 10% dmg on my furnace). my cdr is at 52.5% now. i can drop 200k more dps to get to 56% cdr but i think that's going to affect my ability to kill things quickly. crit chance is 43%. crit damage is 450%. bane of trapped is level 43. pain enhancer is level 39. mirinae is level 33. if you can do gr39 with lesser stats than me, i am doing something wrong. i've been real close to beating g39 once. i was like 15 seconds away from doing it. other times i get a really bad map or elites with bullshit affixes (extra health; shield; reflect; wallers).

Dash Kappei

Just put some more time into bounties and rifts and, man, I want to say to all the dudes coming up with their first character; The game really does begin at Seventy. In a lot of ways I can sort of see where Destiny got it's "Light" levels (If, in fact, they were inspired by Paragon levels).

Adventure mode is great and once you have that and can just run around a bunch of dark fantasy levels just crushing shit with other players it totally becomes a modern day Gauntlet.

It is an excellent experience and I've really enjoyed playing with you dudes!

Awesome to hear.
I have to say the difficulty bump from Expert to Master is pretty big. Game's still easy but not a total cakewalk like it was on Expert ("just hit X and watch tv on the iPad instead"), I had to use 4 or 5 potions to beat Act2 and even use some strategy on the boss fight, which was unheard of before! Jump from Normal to Expert wasn't nearly as big as Expert > Master, despite the former being a 2 levels difference (normal>hard>expert). Lvl46 now, can't wait to reach lvl60 and have Torment open up.

Horseticuffs

Awesome to hear.
I have to say the difficulty bump from Expert to Master is pretty big. Game's still easy but not a total cakewalk like it was on Expert ("just hit X and watch tv on the iPad instead"), I had to use 4 or 5 potions to beat Act2 and even use some strategy on the boss fight, which was unheard of before! Jump from Normal to Expert wasn't nearly as big as Expert > Master, despite the former being a 2 levels difference (normal>hard>expert). Lvl46 now, can't wait to reach lvl60 and have Torment open up.
I totally understand! When the Giant Bomb crew was talking about how you really need to bump the difficulty up as much as you can ASAP I was skeptical. I suck at games. I'm old. I don't play games to get pissed off and lose my shit.

Usually when a game is "easy" I find it's just about right for me. Diablo 3 is legit "no challenge at all, I didn't even die until 90% through after switching to Master" type stuff.

Not to mention the huge bonuses you get for harder difficulties.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Grimløck;135530488 said:
those stats are buffed with AC active. without buffs my stats are 1400K dps and 8.5m toughness. i recently dropped 100K dps for more cdr (rolled off the 10% dmg on my furnace). my cdr is at 52.5% now. i can drop 200k more dps to get to 56% cdr but i think that's going to affect my ability to kill things quickly. crit chance is 43%. crit damage is 450%. bane of trapped is level 43. pain enhancer is level 39. mirinae is level 33. if you can do gr39 with lesser stats than me, i am doing something wrong. i've been real close to beating g39 once. i was like 15 seconds away from doing it. other times i get a really bad map or elites with bullshit affixes (extra health; shield; reflect; wallers).

I have not beat 39 yet but I think it will happen. Some of it is getting a good grift the other is me being more agressive and trying to pull in more monsters to fight at once. With my double unity set up I sit around 980k sheet and 7 million toughness without champion. I do take entirely to much damage need to get better at avoiding it. So I can drop indestructible passive for something more offensive. Or go more glass cannon by dropping vit on helm for +horse damage. You have 80 points of critical damage on me that is a lot of the sheet difference I would guess. I am sure we both are still looking for that perfect shield with str,chc,cdr and plus horse damage.

Top Bottom