• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
I'm looking for an Eye of Peshkov if anyone has one for trade?

edit: I have loads of monk and wizard set items and gear. Just msg me on psn: NaughtyPrawn or here, cheers.

The famous eye of peshkov, I believe every Monk user here is looking for one.

I've hard three, one of which was a mailbox gift no less.

I've funded NaughtyPrawn's monk gear 95% or so I feel like. :p
Also after I got your Flying Dragon Raptor, I had two more drop the same day.. (better stats!)

Jabba

Banned
I've been looking for tasker and theo to no avail. Any gaffers had any luck finding?
Does it drop just anywhere or is there a place where people " have had luck"?

Raptor

I've hard three, one of which was a mailbox gift no less.

I've funded NaughtyPrawn's monk gear 95% or so I feel like. :p
Also after I got your Flying Dragon Raptor, I had two more drop the same day.. (better stats!)

What the?

Thats awesome man, if someday I return to the monk I will ask you for a trade :p

That skill looks pretty crazy. Certainly more powerful than Archon, it would seem. Even standing still my Archon only hits 711k/10.1M. I don't actually run Archon though. I guess the damage stack would be nice for trash mobs, but Black Hole works pretty well on them too, and it seems like it's more useful for elites and guardians/bosses.

I've been trying to get my CHC/CHD up, but I'm only at 39.2%/223%, and that's with Pinpoint up and 37 PP in to CHC. Is that what's killing my Damage? My Toughness is sitting at 8.1M with UW active. It dropped a bit when I changed my gloves, but I picked up a little RCR in the process. Still, that's not too far off from your pre-Prophet number. My Damage is way low though. =/

Yeah mines like 40+% and 370%. I have a set of amulet and ring which helps and gives an additional 50% additional chd as a set bonus.

I dropped from 1.1 million unbuffed dps to 800k originally in order to get a lot more damage bonuses. I managed to roll a shit tonne of vitality but will lose some when I get my ring and amulet sockets for legendary gem bonuses.

I only have one offensive move: shield bash. The rest are buffs and wrath regeneration.

ZenaxPure

I think the distance thing might be PC vs Console. As the console still has a much more zoomed in view making it harder to really keep distance and see if you are hitting anything.

Man is it really that close up? That sounds rough as shit cause even on the PC Stampede deals damage to shit off the screen. If there is a mob that gets knocked back by Stampede I have to chase it down just to know if I am still shooting it or not because the horses travel so far. TBH it's been a while since I played the console version (since I only have vanilla) so I kinda forgot about the camera. Sounds like sad times :\

I've been trying to get my CHC/CHD up, but I'm only at 39.2%/223%, and that's with Pinpoint up and 37 PP in to CHC. Is that what's killing my Damage? My Toughness is sitting at 8.1M with UW active. It dropped a bit when I changed my gloves, but I picked up a little RCR in the process. Still, that's not too far off from your pre-Prophet number. My Damage is way low though. =/

Harsh reality is that Crit and CHD are the best stats in the game for increasing your damage. Endgame stats for most builds have over 400% CHD and close to 50% Crit which means your abilities hit stupid hard. Looking at your gear your ammy is really killing your overall damage. CHD is the difference in an attack doing 12 million damage and 100 million damage (exaggerating a bit, but you get the idea) and a neck piece is the BEST place to get it. In fact the only easy places to get it are from your weapon gem, a neck, gloves, and paragon points. Rings it is hard to make room for (because most of the best rings have guaranteed stats that aren't CHD) and the Witching Hour belt (which gives up to another 50% CHD) is one of the rarest items in the game. Also on top of that your ammy rolled with the minimum amount of crit chance. You reallllyyy should look into replacing that asap.

Paganmoon

I've been looking for tasker and theo to no avail. Any gaffers had any luck finding?
Does it drop just anywhere or is there a place where people " have had luck"?

I got mine from Kadala after spending countless shards, over a few days only though luckily, rolled with 50% pet attack right of the bat too.

Also, something struck me today, out of all the GAF people I've played with so far, I don't recall seeing a single one run DH as their "main", why is that?

stn

Say I have a crusader and want to increase my critical chance and critical damage. What act should I be doing bounties in to get the right items? I'm into my paragon levels and somehow managing to survive T1.

Yeah mines like 40+% and 370%. I have a set of amulet and ring which helps and gives an additional 50% additional chd as a set bonus.

I dropped from 1.1 million unbuffed dps to 800k originally in order to get a lot more damage bonuses. I managed to roll a shit tonne of vitality but will lose some when I get my ring and amulet sockets for legendary gem bonuses.

I only have one offensive move: shield bash. The rest are buffs and wrath regeneration.
Sounds like I need to work on my CHD. I do have two leg sockets already, so I guess that may be nerfing my numbers a bit compared to yours as well.

Skillwise, I buff with Ignite and Conflagration, which boosts my party's effective CHC in battle pretty significantly. Plus I use Pinpoint and Unwavering Will, as I mentioned. Other passives are Flux and Prodigy. I drop an Arcane Hydra for continuous damage and CC, and use Disintegrate: Intensify punctuated by Even Horizon as my active skills. Oh, and Siphoning Blade in case I run out of AP.

Harsh reality is that Crit and CHD are the best stats in the game for increasing your damage. Endgame stats for most builds have over 400% CHD and close to 50% Crit which means your abilities hit stupid hard. Looking at your gear your ammy is really killing your overall damage. CHD is the difference in an attack doing 12 million damage and 100 million damage (exaggerating a bit, but you get the idea) and a neck piece is the BEST place to get it. In fact the only easy places to get it are from your weapon gem, a neck, gloves, and paragon points. Rings it is hard to make room for (because most of the best rings have guaranteed stats that aren't CHD) and the Witching Hour belt (which gives up to another 50% CHD) is one of the rarest items in the game. Also on top of that your ammy rolled with the minimum amount of crit chance. You reallllyyy should look into replacing that asap.
Yeah, my ammy is really gimp. It's actually a level 58 item, but since it's a Moonlight Ward, I've been loathe to replace it with anything else. Problem is, I've never seen another one drop, ever. >< But yeah, 29% ADI, 6% CHC, 291 Int, and a 244% ward; it's a pretty pathetic example. It wouldn't be so bad if I could roll the Int in to CHD, but I already had to roll the socket on to it to slot Efficacious Toxin. I think I rolled off Vit or something.

I tried Kalada for a while to no avail, so lately I've been hitting her up for belts to try for a Saffron Wrap.

turnbuckle

Say I have a crusader and want to increase my critical chance and critical damage. What act should I be doing bounties in to get the right items? I'm into my paragon levels and somehow managing to survive T1.

I don't think there's an act in particular for what you're looking for. You'd probably have better luck doing (normal) rifts on Torment 1 until you can reliably breeze through that then work on Torment 2. Rifts have far more elite/champions, an increased chance of legendaries dropping, and a rift guardian that frequently is good for a legendary themselves. And at the end of it all you'll also get blood shards which you can use to gamble on gear from Kadala.

You'll want to make sure you get CC & CD from your gloves, rings, and amulet at the very least, as well as getting CC on your helm, shield, and bracers.

Also getting the highest level emerald in your weapon.

Raptor

Yeah CHD makes all the difference, Im using a Yellow one that has 50% CHD and 10% CHC lol that I have to sacrifice a lot of damage in order to use either a Unity or a SoJ :( and a RORG with 48% CHD and 8.5% CHC I think and a socket.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
So what are some good pieces I should be farming right now to make the best Witch Doctor minion master I can? If you can tell me what acts or mobs to kill, all the better.

Thanks, Diablo-Gaf!

HORRORSHØW

So what are some good pieces I should be farming right now to make the best Witch Doctor minion master I can? If you can tell me what acts or mobs to kill, all the better.

Thanks, Diablo-Gaf!
pet doc = mask of jeram. your builds as a witch doctor depends on which masks you have for the most part.

/////

apparently the top crusader (grift 44) is using gogok instead of mirinae. i've tried it and i felt so underpowered.

ZenaxPure

Yeah, my ammy is really gimp. It's actually a level 58 item, but since it's a Moonlight Ward, I've been loathe to replace it with anything else. Problem is, I've never seen another one drop, ever. >< But yeah, 29% ADI, 6% CHC, 291 Int, and a 244% ward; it's a pretty pathetic example. It wouldn't be so bad if I could roll the Int in to CHD, but I already had to roll the socket on to it to slot Efficacious Toxin. I think I rolled off Vit or something.

Yeah ammys are really annoying to get. It was only last week I finally replaced my Witch Doctor's amulet. Had been using the same one for months... But yeah, as nice as moonlight is it is really holding you back.

Well, I guess I'll go back to rolling ammys then. Sounds like the CHD is more important than the RCR/CCR.

If anyone runs across a spare MLW, don't forget your old pal, Surfer! <3

Edit: I would agree with Grimlock, for most builds, at least.

ZenaxPure

Grimløck;135615049 said:
i would take %elemental over primary stat. but maybe i'm wrong in doing so.

Most people would... But getting a neck with ele damage, chd, and crit is so fucking hard. I've only managed it once so far.

Well, I guess I'll go back to rolling ammys then. Sounds like the CHD is more important than the RCR/CCR.

Sadly RCR is not a very well thought out stat on Blizz's part. Competing with stats that actually increase your damage by a noticeable amount (CHD for example) is not great. It would be better as a secondary stat. Even then though, speaking from an endgame perspective a lot of builds either don't use their resource at all OR have ways to generate an insane amount in a very small time frame so it doesn't matter. Then you have something like Crusader where one of their set bonuses gives 50% RCR and if they want more they can use a skill that gives another 50% for a short amount of time...

Shit's weird.

Then Elemental >CHD>CHC>Socket :)

And if its a hellfire one a passive :p
Actually, like most unique affixes, the Hellfire passive comes up as a secondary affix, meaning you can still have a Socket, Ele, CHC, and CHD. The exceptions are typically stuff that duplicates an existing primary affix. For example, the Moonlight Ward always rolls with up to 40% ADI, but that counts as a primary slot. The set-completing affix of the RRoG is secondary though.

Personally, I would probably prioritize elemental damage over the crit stuff, just because that will boost all of your damage, including the crits. I have no idea if I'm actually correct to do so though. lol

So if we gotta pick one for an amulet, should we prioritize CHC or CHD? I'm inclined to say CHC, since CHD is no good without it, and critting has advantages all on its own, but again, I'm mostly guessing here.

Shit's weird.
Yeah, I don't really seek out RCR per se, though I do have it listed fairly high in my tables. That's mostly because it's kinda hard to come by, so if I do run across some, I try not to pass it up. Most of my resource generation comes from Reaper Wraps and a Burst of Wrath, and I've got Siphon/Prodigy for emergencies.

I mostly took note of the Saffron Wrap for the CCR, actually. Getting frozen or slowed is my primary cause of death, and while my Invigorating Gemstone helps, I don't have any actual CCR right now. I figured the Wrap and with luck, another piece or two, would help increase my survivability. Kool-Aid would be really nice, but all I have is Diamond
and Leech

Laconic

Banned
Actually, like most unique affixes, the Hellfire passive comes up as a secondary affix, meaning you can still have a socket, Ele, CHC, and CHD. The exceptions are typically stuff that duplicates an existing primary affix. For example, the Moonlight Ward always rolls with up to 40% ADI, but that counts as a primary slot.

Personally, I would probably prioritize elemental damage over the crit stuff, just because that will boost all of your damage, including the crits. I have no idea if I'm actually correct to do so though. lol

So if we gotta pick one for an amulet, should we prioritize CHC or CHD? I'm inclined to say CHC, since CHD is no good without it, and critting has advantages all on its own, but again, I'm mostly guessing here].

I'd prioritize CHD over CC, on an amulet.

100 CHD is impossible to replicate on anything other than a weapon.

10 CC is a pair of gloves.

HORRORSHØW

just dropped this beauty. maybe i'll go triple ascendency or something.

B0qcWcOCEAAoewk.jpg

rukland

Also, something struck me today, out of all the GAF people I've played with so far, I don't recall seeing a single one run DH as their "main", why is that?

I am running my DH as my main right now. M6 build, it's not perfect yet but I can run torment 6 not super fast but I can do it.

Now mind you I tend to be a bit of an altaholic as the only claas I don't have at 70 is the barb.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
I got mine from Kadala after spending countless shards, over a few days only though luckily, rolled with 50% pet attack right of the bat too.

This is why:
5K4zsh4.png

Jabba

Banned

I like it. Something wrong with DH? ;)
Ooops I misunderstood your post, apologies. Hmmm, I have no idea why. DH is mostly what I run. Too lazy to get other toons to 70 and going through "finding" other sets for another class.I had almost given up on DH until finding Garwulf cloak. It made DH a different dynamic, opposed to playing DH without pets. Once I found out about Marauder set, that made me go full DH.

Raptor

The only class I don't haev at 70 are the Witch and the Wizard, don't know man, I like to be in front doing all the carnage!!

I'm confused. I just soloed my first set of bounties. I literally soloed the first three, before I realized I could take a follower. That made it a lot easier. lol

Anyway, when I got done, I only had 20 blood shards, despite it being Double Shard Day in A1. I should've gotten a lot more than that, right? I even went back to an area I'd completed, just to see if I missed something — GF usually picks everything up — but nothing. Oh, and I started with 4, so I actually only got 16.

What gives?

HORRORSHØW

I'm confused. I just soloed my first set of bounties. I literally soloed the first three, before I realized I could take a follower. That made it a lot easier. lol

Anyway, when I got done, I only had 20 blood shards, despite it being Double Shard Day in A1. I should've gotten a lot more than that, right? I even went back to an area I'd completed, just to see if I missed something — GF usually picks everything up — but nothing. Oh, and I started with 4, so I actually only got 16.

What gives?

what difficulty are you playing on? more shards the higher you go.

Raptor

What gives?

Bounties are crap shards wise, do some normal rifts, T6 a couple will net you like 400 or a little less :)

ZenaxPure

Bounties are crap shards wise, do some normal rifts, T6 a couple will net you like 400 or a little less :)

Yep. Bounties are shit for blood shards. I don't even understand why you get them in bounties. It's like 20 or whatever and then on T6 you get ~100 for one rift. It's confused me since the day the game came out.

Laconic

Banned
Yep. Bounties are shit for blood shards. I don't even understand why you get them in bounties. It's like 20 or whatever and then on T6 you get ~100 for one rift. It's confused me since the day the game came out.

You get them, because the coding of the game is still crap enough that it is incapable of filling your stack to a round 500 and leaving the excess on the ground instead of refusing to let you max out on the high chance the boss's drop doesn't perfectly hit 500.

Oh, I just figured a set of bounties would give you roughly the same as a rift, especially when you're getting "double."

We've been getting ~170 each from T5 rifts, and I bumped it down to T4 shortly after I started soloing today. But still before I recruited the Templar. lol

You get them, because the coding of the game is still crap enough that it is incapable of filling your stack to a round 500 and leaving the excess on the ground instead of refusing to let you max out on the high chance the boss's drop doesn't perfectly hit 500.
You know, you can just portal back to town and spend a few, then port right back to the ones you left behind. :)

Laconic

Banned
Oh, I just figured a set of bounties would give you roughly the same as a rift, especially when you're getting "double."

We've been getting ~170 each from T5 rifts, and I bumped it down to T4 shortly after I started soloing today. But still before I recruited the Templar. lol

You know, you can just portal back to town and spend a few, then port right back to the ones you left behind. :)

I like banging out a flat 500.

It feels better.

25 ammys in a row - boom.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Get into the habit of pressing d-pad up and square when you pick up items that aren't worth it, then when you're full you just port back to town and hit salvage all junk and get back out again.

Yeah, been doing that lately, thx

You don't need to waste time doing the whole d-pad thing.
When you salvage all junk at the blacksmith, that will automatically salvage ALL equipment that is NOT legendary. Doesn;t matter if you did not put it under junk yourself.

So basically what I suspected IS true: Blizz fucked up the loot system and rendered any non-legendary items utterly useless unless you're rolling a pre-lvl70 character on your very first campaign playthrough. Too bad, what a waste

I totally understand! When the Giant Bomb crew was talking about how you really need to bump the difficulty up as much as you can ASAP I was skeptical. I suck at games. I'm old. I don't play games to get pissed off and lose my shit.

Usually when a game is "easy" I find it's just about right for me. Diablo 3 is legit "no challenge at all, I didn't even die until 90% through after switching to Master" type stuff.

Not to mention the huge bonuses you get for harder difficulties.

Well I'm usually pretty good at videogames (unless it's classic PC RTSes, post-SSF2 fighting games or online mp FPSes with a controller, lol) so you're either not that crappy or I'm probably even older than you are :p
37 and counting! sigh

Raptor

For teh barbarians here I have a question, I guess then the WW damage output is enhanced by legendary gems right? because I tried it and Im pretty sure I was doing more damage by primary Frenzy attacks than with WW.

Maybe Im doing something wrong.

gioGAF

I main a Demon Hunter. Have just about all the stuff for a DH but I'm always looking for better rolls on everything so the quest never ends. PSN: Akuma_818

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Well I'm usually pretty good at videogames (unless it's classic PC RTSes, post-SSF2 fighting games or online mp FPSes with a controller, lol) so you're either not that crappy or I'm probably even older than you are :p
37 and counting! sigh
Thirty five here.

Mid-to-late thirties GAF Diablo 3 crew represent?

subwilde

Well I guess I spoke too soon haha...I lost all my gem ranks as well :(

I clearly remember keeping the save from the night before but it didn't work apparently. 4 gems at 25 and hoarder at 12 gone. Anyone have extras? I would be forever grateful and could even trade for some stuff as my stash is full :p

ZenaxPure

For teh barbarians here I have a question, I guess then the WW damage output is enhanced by legendary gems right? because I tried it and Im pretty sure I was doing more damage by primary Frenzy attacks than with WW.

Maybe Im doing something wrong.

WW has never really been a damage skill, it's always been for mobility and to make other attacks better through positioning. In vanilla it was originally used so you could place Sprint tornadoes on top of enemies and when Rend got buffed it was used to place yourself in the middle of a large pack so Rend would hit all of them.

In the current popular WW build it is used as a way to place Sprint tornadoes like in vanilla, except now those tornadoes can proc the Pain Enhancer gem which gives you a way to proc it on everything on screen just by flying around dropping tornadoes (and since the tornadoes last a few seconds they can constantly refresh the bleed of the gem without you being there). The rank 25 effect of the gem makes it so everything you hit with a bleed increases your attack speed which in turn causes your ancients to attack really fast in AOE situations, and, you can snapshot WW attack speed breakpoints with the gem as long as you don't stop channeling the skill.

Basically my point is WW has always been and is still a support skill. It's just meant to position your character or proc stuff. The damage it does barely matters.

I'd prioritize CHD over CC, on an amulet.

100 CHD is impossible to replicate on anything other than a weapon.

10 CC is a pair of gloves.
Well, I did some math, and as it turns out, it depends on which one provides the bigger boost relative to what you have already. The "easy" way to figure out the tipping point is to compare the increase to the base score for each stat, and go with the one that provides the bigger relative increase.

So if your CHC is at 30%, a 10% increase would be a 33% boost to your crit chance. So if you're comparing that to a 100% possible increase in crit damage, for the CHD to be better, it would need to boost your current CHD by more than 33%. Meaning, if your CHD is already greater than 300%, you'd be better off going from 30% to 40% CHC. If your CHD is less than 300%, then you're better off sticking with the 30% CHC and boosting your CHD by 100%.

WW has never really been a damage skill, it's always been for mobility and to make other attacks better through positioning. In vanilla it was originally used so you could place Sprint tornadoes on top of enemies and when Rend got buffed it was used to place yourself in the middle of a large pack so Rend would hit all of them.

In the current popular WW build it is used as a way to place Sprint tornadoes like in vanilla, except now those tornadoes can proc the Pain Enhancer gem which gives you a way to proc it on everything on screen just by flying around dropping tornadoes (and since the tornadoes last a few seconds they can constantly refresh the bleed of the gem without you being there). The rank 25 effect of the gem makes it so everything you hit with a bleed increases your attack speed which in turn causes your ancients to attack really fast in AOE situations, and, you can snapshot WW attack speed breakpoints with the gem as long as you don't stop channeling the skill.

Basically my point is WW has always been and is still a support skill. It's just meant to position your character or proc stuff. The damage it does barely matters.
My GF's WW barbie mostly exists to tank. She alternates Wrenching Smash with Demoralize, so mobs spend half their time stunned, and the other half attacking her and her alone. Her WW is nice for procing stuff like her Thunderfury and Pain Enhancer, but she mostly uses it for the healing that comes from Bloodthirst and Immortal King set. It heals her for like 50k/s or something ridiculous like that. While she does that, I mostly just stand there and nuke shit. Oh, not only does she have the Wrench, she also has a Butcher's Sickle and Ess of Jordan, all of which proc her Strongarm Bracers. So yeah, she usually gathers and tenderizes pretty effectively for me. ^^

Aren't there some kind of boots that make you immune to lava and stuff, apart from the Blackthorne's set? She could really use those. lol Would Firewalkers proc the Enhancer? She doesn't use Sprint. Should she be? Her Ancients proc the Enhancer already, AFAIK.

Edit: I was thinking of the Illusory Boots.

Top Bottom