• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

turnbuckle

Does any have a extra FoTF they can part with? Been trying for a couple days now, spent over 3k shards, done tons of bounties and rifts with no luck. It's the last piece I need for the shotgun build the absolute last piece and I am going crazy trying to get one.

I do have a few extra marauder pieces of anyone needs them and a few other random things just ask and I can check.

I have 3 of them; I can send you one.

Man...there needs to be better organizing of friends in this game and psn in general. I was going to send someone an akhan helm from here yesterday, but it doesn't seem like there's any real order to how the names are in my mailbox. I have to scroll through what seems like hundreds of names.

Raptor

No problem man! Thank you for the stuff as well.

Btw I'll send over the yan pants this afternoon, I didn't know you needed them :p

God damn man, thank you that will make my build complete and now I will only farm to enchant to make them all better.

Aswell as find a better TF, Odyn's Son, and Stalsgard Decimator since mine is INT based and I dindt realized untill we were in a middle of something lol.

Blazed

Finally got my barbarian up to where I can solo T6. I'm debating going for the Hellfire ring or amulet now.

Definitely go for the amulet and hope for a good passive. There are many better alternatives for rings like stone of jordan or unity(personally the highest rift i can get to atm is 34 and it's only by using unity with my templar when i'm soloing). Hoping for a furnace or a stone of jordan to drop so i can hopefully move to mid high Grifts, no luck so far though :(.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
So I took the courage to completely erase all my progress and start all over again after a hacker/cheater got me a bunch of paragon levels (by a bunch I mean 500 levels) I didn't want or earned playing. It completely ruined the game for me.
I lost everything, but at least I feel good about myself.
Now I'll take the chance to play with a class I never seriously played before: the wizard.
And I'll be really careful with public games from now on and recommend you guys be too.

Raptor

So I took the courage to completely erase all my progress and start all over again after a hacker/cheater got me a bunch of paragon levels (by a bunch I mean 500 levels) I didn't want or earned playing. It completely ruined the game for me.
Now I'll take the chance to play with a class I never seriously played before: the wizard.
And I'll be really careful with public games from now on and recommend you guys be too.

I have it on "friends only"

It was like that by default and never changed it.

rukland

I have 3 of them; I can send you one.

Man...there needs to be better organizing of friends in this game and psn in general. I was going to send someone an akhan helm from here yesterday, but it doesn't seem like there's any real order to how the names are in my mailbox. I have to scroll through what seems like hundreds of names.

Awesome thank you good sir. And I agree about the mailbox so frustrating.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle

I'm pretty sure I'm the same. I'm not absolutely sure and I'm at work so can't check.

This is a good opportunity to remind everyone to add me on ps4- splitdog79 .

I have a mic but lots of time I'm talking on the phone or listening to a podcast while playing, so please don't take offense if I'm not plugged in. I'm just gladdened to be in the presence of Gaffness.
Invite me and head in the direction of what you want dead and I'm your huckleberry.

Laconic

Banned

When you hit 70, let us know, and I'll hook you up with some gear.

I even have a spare Serpent Striker... crazy, right?

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.

I'm pretty sure I'm the same. I'm not absolutely sure and I'm at work so can't check.

This is a good opportunity to remind everyone to add me on ps4- splitdog79 .

I have a mic but lots of time I'm talking on the phone or listening to a podcast while playing, so please don't take offense if I'm not plugged in. I'm just gladdened to be in the presence of Gaffness.
Invite me and head in the direction of what you want dead and I'm your huckleberry.

When you hit 70, let us know, and I'll hook you up with some gear.

Yeah I'll keep on friends only from now on.
If you guys wanna add me: nortonff
And Laconic, thanks a lot. That kind of help I'll accept gladly.
Just don't wanna see any hacked bullshit no more.

Paganmoon

Yeah. I think I sent you one last night or this morning.

Hmm, don't think I've ever received a gift in HC, was asking cause since the gifts expire after 30 days, and people don't log on HC that often, if I should tell people when I send gifts on HC.

Anyway, dashkap, you've got a gift in hardcore, tunesmith, you have two:)

Number45

Perhaps it wasn't you, I'm sure it began with a P though!

Definitely a lot less traffic on the HC side. To be honest I think most people played it enough for the trophy and then dropped it.

As I probably will too, it's too stressful.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Hmm, don't think I've ever received a gift in HC, was asking cause since the gifts expire after 30 days, and people don't log on HC that often, if I should tell people when I send gifts on HC.

Anyway, dashkap, you've got a gift in hardcore, tunesmith, you have two:)
I better log into my lvl 19 monk then!

Finally got my 3 sockets for legendary gems now. Rolling with critical hits causing bleed damage, taeguk with increased damage stacks and the poison one with damage over 10s. Are these the best ones to have for my crusader?

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Finally got my 3 sockets for legendary gems now. Rolling with critical hits causing bleed damage, taeguk with increased damage stacks and the poison one with damage over 10s. Are these the best ones to have for my crusader?
I forget what the gem is called but there's a 2000% holy dmg (base) to smite nearby enemies that I never leave home without.

Sifl

Idk what your build is, but if your going Pony Crusader I'd switch the toxin gem with Bane of the Trapped.

Firewalkers don't crit iirc, and pain enhancer procs on yellow hits only. As for Sprint, in the current popular WW build it's just used as a way to proc pain enhancer, and basically the best way Barbarians can right now because the gem is not based on proc coefficients. From your description in the past her build doesn't sound too much like the cookie cutter build in design so it probably wouldn't get much benefit from Sprint (or pain enhancer really).
lol Yeah, I tend to do my own thing. Like I said, she tick-tocks Wrench/Demoralize to keep the mobs busy, and uses WW to keep herself alive in the process. Invigorate helps keep me (and the Ancients?) alive. She's got the Gogok and Wreath, and I actually gave her the Enhancer because her build is so crit heavy. Because the Enhancer isn't pcf-dependent, doesn't that mean her WW will proc it at triple speed already? Every crit tick will proc it, right?

I actually just switched her from Fray to Spree last night, and it seems to be working pretty well for her. Fray gave her +3% CHC, and +1% for every mob in 10 yards of her. With no cap, it was great for crowds — especially after a bunch of pulls — but it wasn't doing much for her when fighting guardians or small packs of elites, which is what takes most of our time.

Killing Spree gives her a flat +8% CHC, which lasts for 5 seconds. This is actually more useful to her than the scaling bonus, because she still gets the +8% even against a guardian. Fray would only give her +4% in the same fight, and she needs to always have five mobs within 10 yards of her to get the same bonus as Spree.

The issue with Killing Spree is, while the CHC bonus lasts 5s, the skill has a 12s cooldown, so you only get 42% uptime on the bonus. Of course, her 22.13% eCDR comes off the top of that, bringing the CD to 9.34s. However, every time you score a crit, an extra second ticks off of Overpower's CD, meaning if she can do 5 crits in as many seconds, she can get 100% uptime on Spree. Last night she said that in a decent sized group, she could trigger Spree every 2-3s, and every 4-5s against guardians. She's at 42% CHC with Spree up, so not particularly high, but my Ignite/Conflagration gives her a significant boost as well; 14% more crits against mobs I've lit up.

Which brings us to the last difference between the two skills. Battle Rage gives you a straight 10% damage boost while active, and it lasts for two minutes, so it's pretty much always active unless you fall asleep. Spree gives no damage bonus, but instead spits out 380% damage as lightning to everything within 9 yards of her per activation. That's a pretty significant addition to her WW damage — which is the only real damage she does anyway — and it doesn't interrupt the WW, and it's an additional chance to proc her Enhancer. So again, Spree seems like a win against Fray for raw damage output too.

So, uh, yeah. lol I realize you know most/all of this stuff, but I figured others may find it useful. Anyway, do you think the Enhancer's not the best choice for her? What would be better? Toxin?

38 years this week. Damn.
41 on Sunday. ^_^
43 on Monday.

/Scorpio-high-five

A spare, you say? ^^

I had one but salvaged lol.
Gah!!

So the gold one from the vault will work with him and give me the extra gold?

I forget what the gem is called but there's a 2000% holy dmg (base) to smite nearby enemies that I never leave home without.

Do you need to use smite to have that one? I don't have that as one of my skills.

Idk what your build is, but if your going Pony Crusader I'd switch the toxin gem with Bane of the Trapped.

Don't have the unrelenting phalanx so not that useful right now..

Phobic Panda

Neo Member
I have had this game for awhile and been 70 since a few days after release, but haven't played too much, but I've been wanting to start doing rifts and such, but its boring by yourself and I don't like going into matchmaking because of all the hackers. So anybody on here want someone to run with I'd be game. I currently only have a Demon Hunter at 70 with not much decent gear.

My PSN: PhobicPanda

turnbuckle

Are you sure about that? From what I've read they don't, but all I've read are other people asking and responding to the same question. Nothing official and I haven't tried it yet.

I finally really tried holy shotgun last night. I was doing T5 pretty OK though I died a lot and had a hard time keeping wrath going when Akarat was down.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Pretty sure but I could be wrong.

Got my 4th Eye of Peshkov, stats aren't super but hey. Who wanted one? PS4.

My psn is Tunesmith-

turnbuckle

Instead of PSN's "real name request"
I wish there was a "GAF name request"

Lots of people from here on my friends list that go by a different name. I need to know who to delete!

Is there a way to tell how recently a person has played this game anywhere in the PS menus? It'd be a lot easier for me to send stuff if I could eliminate lots of those names. I would guess that maybe 25 or so people on that list play semi-regularly (at least once or twice a week). Anyone else I'd like to purge from my friends.

I'm pretty much a 1 game at a time kinda guy. If PSN allowed us to make game specific folders for friends and other categories this would be so much better.

I complain a lot.

Raptor

Anyone with a Stalgard's Decimator STR based that wants to trade for a MaXimus perhaps?

I have hundreds of legendary weapons just name it :p

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
What do y'all think of the Puzzle Ring? Got one last night. The little goblin dude is cool but is he really likely to produce anything worthwhile? I rarely see white loot drop and I've kind of stopped breaking weapon racks and armor things because it's always shitty white drops.

Is it just a dumb gimmick?

ScoopEE

Neo Member
I love him but a dumb gimmick. Never had him drop anything beyond a yellow. Wish he picked up blues or yellows and turned them into something bigger.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
What do y'all think of the Puzzle Ring? Got one last night. The little goblin dude is cool but is he really likely to produce anything worthwhile? I rarely see white loot drop and I've kind of stopped breaking weapon racks and armor things because it's always shitty white drops.

It's terrible. The old 1.0 version that could spawn an actual goblin to kill was much better.

Here's a good tip. The GF has 39 PP for Attack. She'd been putting them in to CHD, since that gave her the most Damage. I just switched it over to CHC, which dropped her Lightning Damage from 793,733 to 782,386, a drop of 1.4%. Sounds bad, but the 3.9% CHC is a 9% increase over her base CHC of 42%.

So she sacrifices 1.4% damage overall, but she gets 9% more procs on stuff like her Enhancer, and 9% faster cooldowns on Overpower.

Matchew

Had him for awhile on the PC and he sucks, mostly whites and once and while you'll get a yellow that will probably suck. Had him for a little while on console too and he still sucks.

I'm maxing out on GR25. Don't know how you guys are getting to 40.

In t6, are people replacing their main stat gems (ie strength for crusader) with white gems for more resist all?

Raptor

I'm maxing out on GR25. Don't know how you guys are getting to 40.

In t6, are people replacing their main stat gems (ie strength for crusader) with white gems for more resist all?

The only way I can stay alive in GR30 and above with my monk is using pure diamonds yeah, resist all.

Oh noooes I believe I sent you helm and boots if I'm not mistaken.If you lost them I think i have more spares man if you plan on sticking around.

Also to the gaffer who needed a darklight I have a spare just add me and lmk.Still have gyrfalcon and Jakenbord set of anyone needs and Firebird pieces.Oh also have a spare maybe two RoRG (str).

Psn-Legendkilla3rd could use a Firebird source ord,Fate of the fell or Furnace.

Thanks I appreciate that. I don't know if I want to bother. Seems like so much work to get my gems re leveled/farm all those plans again! Sucks though cause I really enjoy the game

Top Bottom