• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Cant wait to jump back in to d3! Played the pc version at release for a few months, but havent fired it up since. Excited to see all the changes/new content.

Kiyo

I'm on the fence about purchasing this game. I've got over 100 hours in the PC version of RoS before I finally got tired of it (mainly cause friends stopped playing), but now I'm itching for something to play until Destiny comes out. Can someone give me a breakdown on what exactly is different between the PS4 version and the PC? Do you guys think it's worth the double-dip?

I'm on the fence about purchasing this game. I've got over 100 hours in the PC version of RoS before I finally got tired of it (mainly cause friends stopped playing), but now I'm itching for something to play until Destiny comes out. Can someone give me a breakdown on what exactly is different between the PS4 version and the PC? Do you guys think it's worth the double-dip?

As someone with hours upon hours spent with the PC version I am getting it on the Xbox One for direct control with a controller and couch co-op. I only played the demo on the Xbox 360 but using a controller was a game changer for me especially with the local co-op as well.

New002

As someone with hours upon hours spent with the PC version I am getting it on the Xbox One for direct control with a controller and couch co-op. I only played the demo on the Xbox 360 but using a controller was a game changer for me especially with the local co-op as well.

Ditto for me except the controller isn't really a game changer for me from my time with the demo on the 360. It very well may become a game changer though, as I've heard great things about D3 with a controller. Couch co-op is my biggest motivator.

Granak

Neo Member
I was sold the moment I got my hands on the PS4 version at Blizzcon. It just felt good.
I've been big on Diablo as I played D1 and D2 into the ground yet D3 didn't grab me (I was also distracted with other games too at time of release). I've been salivating over this for a while. Can't wait to hop on and enjoy the 60 FPS deliciousness on the PS4.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls - Ultimate Evil Edition | Xbox One Digital Download available now (AUS)

http://store.xbox.com/en-AU/Xbox-On...-Edition/998bb45d-6a74-4587-8c40-fee36e3fefc8

Size: 21.85 GB

If you want to download it now and you are not from Australia, just switch to Australia at the very bottom of the page.

And yes, it will work in your language.

Downloading now :)

so if I have a non AU gamertag and buy it (it's letting me), can I play it or will it give me some artificial "you can't play this yet"?

Are we going to have to download anything once it goes live at 12am? Information says 16GB/16GB

It should be ready to go unless there is another patch released. It is really nice seeing the game in my neverending row of apps on my ps4 home! That little timer is awesome. I don't really want to stay up until midnight but might set my alarm for 11:58 just so I can watch the countdown hit zero. I wonder if it will load right up or if I will have to go home and select it again to run it?

Haines

Banned
I grabbed the ps4 version digital BBC diablo isn't the type of game you trade back in. Also grabbed a blue ps4 controller for that couch coop with my fiancé. We both loved the PC version but taking turns playing even on the couch kinda sucked.

We are trying to pick who we should be. Is there better choices the console controls suit better?

bidguy

Banned
Diablo III: Reaper of Souls - Ultimate Evil Edition | Xbox One Digital Download available now (AUS)

http://store.xbox.com/en-AU/Xbox-On...-Edition/998bb45d-6a74-4587-8c40-fee36e3fefc8

Size: 21.85 GB

If you want to download it now and you are not from Australia, just switch to Australia at the very bottom of the page.

And yes, it will work in your language.

Downloading now :)

wish i could jump on this but i have ~200$ US money on my account that i cant use on this

hope they put it on the us store soon

jaaz

Bit on this and bought it! I had played about half-way through the PC version of D3 but then let it go. Been dying to finish it. I think the console and controller is going to be a perfect combination for this game.

And... pre-load is done! That timer is all sorts of awesome.

v0mitg0d

At the request of some I've archived all 8 hours of play through over the last few days over on Youtube. I played a female Crusader on Expert (the highest difficulty I could select at that point) and man did the legendarys rain down in glory! I showed the new mailing system, the Nemesis system, the pre-order bonuses, and some other new things too. Let me know what you think. Hope ya like!

http://www.youtube.com/user/warcrow

Ok, upload finished on all 8 videos! Should be more than 10 hours of video to watch. Some really sweet legendarys dropped. :)

v0mitg0d

I am torn on this. I am looking forward to starting over as a Crusader but part of me would like my lvl 60 Wiz available. I think if I played as my Wiz I would get bored more quickly though.

I went for it and started over instead of importing and rolled a female Crusader--never looked back and I'm almost lev 50.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Been playing the PS3 version again to prep for the PS4 upgrade. Really gonna love the expanded events and improved enemy variety/elites in the new version. It really does seem like that stuff is a bit too far and few between hordes of fodder in last years build. Comparing my experience again on the PS3 to the PS4 streams going on this weekend, it is absolutely clear there is far more happening at any given moment on UEE than the PS3 version.

Messed around with a Wizard and Monk as well since I only ever played DH through previously. Wizard is a delight! Love the crowd control. Monk is kind of fun as well, but now I am torn between sticking to my new Wizard or trying Crusader tomorrow.

I am torn on this. I am looking forward to starting over as a Crusader but part of me would like my lvl 60 Wiz available. I think if I played as my Wiz I would get bored more quickly though.

this is what I am afraid of as well- although going from D3>RoS I was able to get all new gear within the first few days that was better than my months of tried and true lvl 60 paragon gear- and I find new gear every other time I play- I imagine it would be the same here...hopefully

Zok310

Banned
Nothing else to play til Destiny (at least nothing of interest)... Will trade in New Order for this.
Between this and budget season at work should hold me down a few weeks til 9/9.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Do I need to pre-order for the PS stuff or will they be available later (TLoU area)?

Sorry if that question is constantly asked. :)

Haines

Banned
Took the plunge and ordered this bitch for PS4. Never played a Diablo game before.
You are in for a treat. The story is nothing much, but this game has been receiving so much work done to it since launch....it's amazing and jam full of content to last you a longgg time.

I only played on whatever difficulty Normal on PC would be (don't know if it was named differently)...how is playing on Expert difficulty from Level 1?

So, I managed to download the entire pre-load on PS4 in under an hour... is that normal? I feel like there's more to it that's not downloaded...

this is what I am afraid of as well- although going from D3>RoS I was able to get all new gear within the first few days that was better than my months of tried and true lvl 60 paragon gear- and I find new gear every other time I play- I imagine it would be the same here...hopefully

I think being able to play on the couch and having a new class and act will keep me going for a while. The way loot drops now is way better than it was on vanilla d3 too. I think I got 1 legendary in 180 hours of vanilla d3 so I am excited to actually find decent gear this go around!

JP

If you go into Settings > System Storage Management > Applications you'll see there are two copies of Diablo, one at 23GB and the other was far bigger. Not sure how big the larger version of the game was but based on what Digital Foundry said (English, French, German and Italian, is 37.8 GB) and (When players actually download the game they will get the game and the language file of their choice, which will come in at around 16GB) I've deleted the larger game as I'm assuming that contains all four languages whereas the smaller one just contains English.

Bear in mind that I don't know that but it makes sense to me.

Damn! I preordered online and preloaded because I never see games in my area before the release date... I walk into best buy today and there's diablo 3: ROS just sitting there on the shelf! I've had bad gamer luck all week and this is just the final nail in the coffin.

And I'm off today, which makes the wait even harder lol #FWP

Top Bottom