• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

ZenaxPure

I'm maxing out on GR25. Don't know how you guys are getting to 40.

In t6, are people replacing their main stat gems (ie strength for crusader) with white gems for more resist all?

Need to squeeze as much damage out of your character as you can so most people run with either full primary stat gems or main stat in chest diamonds in legs. Not many people really run full diamonds.

HORRORSHØW

In t6, are people replacing their main stat gems (ie strength for crusader) with white gems for more resist all?
i slot all red gems on my crusader.

if you're having trouble staying alive, consider using the law of justice without a rune with the long arm of the law passive. that should give you a significant boost in survivability.

The GF has some vacation time, and I was thinking it might be a good time to try to craft some Hellfire Amulets. I found this guide for PC, but I know there are some differences on consoles. Does anyone know exactly what's different? Lately we've just been trying to burn through rift keys, and stacking up KoT in the process. While questing for the amulet ingredients, what kind of drops will we be getting? Bounty-like, with an organ instead of a cache as our ultimate reward? We just waypoint to wherever the keywarden lives and wander around until we find him? Will he always be there, or do we need to get lucky?

This strikes me as a fairly efficient way to acquire a particularly useful item. Is this a worthwhile use of our time?

ZenaxPure

This strikes me as a fairly efficient way to acquire a particularly useful item. Is this a worthwhile use of our time?

If you're trying to farm the mats in the most efficient way possible, the drops (legendary loot-wise) will be fairly terrible. Because ideally you run to the zone the keywarden spawns in and then skip everything you can just looking for the warden. And the Uber bosses themselves don't really drop much loot.

As for if it is worth it or not... It's hard to say. Getting a hellfire ammy with good rolls is incredible, you get a 5th passive as a secondary stat. The problem is you have to deal with literally layers of RNG: You have to get the keys to drop, then you have to get the Uber bosses to drop their organ (not sure about console drop rates on this one since there was a bunch of PC hotfixes and idk which ones made it into the patch), then when you craft the item you have to get good rolls on it. Even if you get good rolls you can still get a passive that is useless.

Just depends how much you can tolerate the RNG for one item.

Just depends how much you can tolerate the RNG for one item.
It's RNG that drove me to Hellfire in the first place!! lol

I know I'll be at the mercy of RNG, but that's the case with any drop, and I figure that with crafting, at least I'll be getting the right item every time, instead of hoping for the double-win of finally getting the item I wanted and having good rolls on it. It seems like this would give me far more "generally correct" outcomes than Kadala, for example.

As far as time goes, if it's a matter of get in, kill the warden, and get out, then it shouldn't be too bad, assuming those drop rates are accurate. With a 43% drop rate at T5, after two or three fights we should have a pretty good chance of having the item we need to move on to the next fight, and there are eight guys to beat for each crafting attempt. Even if it takes us all day to make a single pair of amulets, that's probably still a better rate than I'm getting from Kadala. Plus, that 5th Passive could be super useful. ^^

Don't we need to look "elsewhere" for one of the keys on console though? Any idea where?

ZenaxPure

Don't we need to look "elsewhere" for one of the keys on console though? Any idea where?

According to blue posts it drops inside one of the Uber fights, so it will just be something you get while you are going for the organs.

Also someone else who has done it will have to explain how the machines work on the console version since it is a little different. The reason I mentioned I hate it is cause the PC version requires 4 keys PER machine. Which means that 1 amulet = 16 total keys. Not really sure the console numbers but I assume it's still pretty annoying.

Either way though, the main reason I actually hate the process is because the Act 1 and 2 keywardens. Act 1 keywarden is in the Fields of Misery, Act 2 keywarden is in the Dahlgur Oasis and their spawn locations are entirely random. I really dislike running around the 2 largest maps in the game for a ~50% chance to drop a key. Can take up to 5 minutes to find them sometimes and then the key isn't even guaranteed. It's really not fun.

I found this guide for doing the Hellfire Amulet/Ring on consoles.

On PC, it takes four organs to make an amulet, so it's a straightforward process of Warden > Key > Uber > Organ, times four. On the console, where you only need three organs, it's a little more convoluted.

The Wardens in Acts 1-3 drop keys like they always have. The Warden in Act 4 actually drops the same keys as the Wardens in A1-3. You would think you would use each of these three keys to get the three organs you need, but they still want you to go through all four Infernal Machines.

So, the first two Acts go as you'd expect; Warden > Key > Uber > Organ. The third key requires an extra step; the uber you kill drops the fourth key, giving you access to the fourth uber, who will then drop the third and final organ. So you still fight four ubers, but only three wardens, and you only end up with three organs at the end. Someone made a flowchart.

That said, in a recent PC patch, they bumped the drop rate from 50% at T6 to 100%, so currently farming amulets on console takes like 2-3 times as long as it will once the patch hits, so I guess I'm gonna hold off for now.

HORRORSHØW

finally soloed 39, with a couple minutes to spare. definitely mirinae > gogok for me. also, replacing provoke with another offensive skill helps if you don't have wrath problems, which you shouldn't if you're constantly in AC-mode and using long arm of the law. actually kept pace with the timer in 40, but that's not good enough considering you need 3-4 minutes just to beat the boss.

B0wq7PHCMAEcBi9.jpg

Hugstable

Banned
Since this is my first time going through the game and all, am I supposed to be leveling this fast? I just finished the "Trailing the Coven" quest on Expert and I'm already Level 27 on my Crusader, and considering I haven't even finished Act 1 and the cap is at 70, I feel like I'm gonna end up hitting the cap by Act 3 lol. Is it supposed to be going this fast? Also are all the acts as long as Act 1? I haven't played Diablo 2 in a very long time, but the Act 1 in Diablo 3 feels like as long as 2 or more acts from Diablo 2. Loving my Crusader so far though, the spinning hammers is the greatest thing ever.

Levels 1-70 are basically like "training mode" for your class, introducing you to the various skills. After that, it's all about improving your gear and finding kickass skill combinations.

Elsolar

I'm maxing out on GR25. Don't know how you guys are getting to 40.

This can sometimes be desirable on STR/DEX characters who are having survivability issues. For T6/GR30+ you really want at least 750-800 all-res and if you need to swap a ruby/emerald or two for diamonds in order to get there, then so be it. This is especially true of Crusaders, who can hit 11,000+ STR easily with the Finery passive and thus don't really need 5 rubies.

Grimløck;135778264 said:
if you're having trouble staying alive, consider using the law of justice without a rune with the long arm of the law passive. that should give you a significant boost in survivability.

This doesn't really work since most high-end Crusader builds need Unstoppable Force.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Well, I turn 40 next month, on Veteran's Day, and have platinum'd the game on PS4. I've centered on the DH as my first post-game character. I have M5 (missing the damned Marauders Boots), and have started using the Lightning Ball build since I have the required pieces. It works well, am able to so T6 solo easily, but die instantly on some elites.

Anyway, I have several of you already on my friend's list, and if I don't answer an invite it's because I'm busy with housework and such.

Add me if you don't have me: PSN = Diseasedyak

aember

Are there any sort of fast ways to level up? A buddy boosted me from 6 to 49 over the night via rifts, but he's gone to sleep now and I'm kinda too lazy to just normally level up via the campaign.

edit: guess you could say scratch that! I decided to try Quick Match for the first time and I'm absolutely in love! We're sailing through the rifts! :D

rukland

I have had this game for awhile and been 70 since a few days after release, but haven't played too much, but I've been wanting to start doing rifts and such, but its boring by yourself and I don't like going into matchmaking because of all the hackers. So anybody on here want someone to run with I'd be game. I currently only have a Demon Hunter at 70 with not much decent gear.

My PSN: PhobicPanda

I will add you later I think I have some random marauder gear sitting around if you want it.

Hugstable

Banned
haha man and I thought I was already started to get old at 26 -___-. Also anyone who wants to be friends my PSN ID is: Hugstable. I'm still leveling up my first character, but he's already gonna be hitting max level soon at this pace! Currently level 31 hahaha.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Grimløck;135804481 said:
finally soloed 39, with a couple minutes to spare. definitely mirinae > gogok for me. also, replacing provoke with another offensive skill helps if you don't have wrath problems, which you shouldn't if you're constantly in AC-mode and using long arm of the law. actually kept pace with the timer in 40, but that's not good enough considering you need 3-4 minutes just to beat the boss.

]

Congrats very impressive! what offensive skill did you choose?

Also if anyone has a SMK for trade let me know. I have a friend who needs one to try the tiki support build.

Haines

Banned
Me and the fiance are at tortorment 2 now fairly easily done all self found and basically self taught except I looked up the carnevil build for my helmet.

Next time we hope on were going to try and farm pieces for whimsy

Raptor

WW with a full IK set is just not good enough IMO, it just doesn't deal that much damage and is very squishy maybe Is my set, maybe is my weapon that is INT based lols, but I tried with a TF and Odyns Son and still cant deal damage with WW, Im at 660k DPS, with that kind of damage output Im at GR30 with my monk, Barbarian or is very nerfed or I dont know what the hell Im doing.

I will switch to raekors set and try the leapquake once I get the gear and see if that is a good damage dealer.

piggychan

I was just doing a solo run around lunch time when I killed a rainbow goblin and entered Whimsydale (I still can't find a reason for this place to exist) then I started recording with the xbone game DVR feature then that blasted Nemesis monster spawned in there.. I hate that thing! Whenever I hear the horns sounding it's arrival I stop and run to a safe area..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B0Kozh2BWM

Raptor

Fuck it I will try and make a Falling Sword/Shield Bash Crusader Build that can stay alive on T6, I feel I can do it, I just cant live without a primary attack, can't for teh life of me depend on a spender, if that takes me away of doing super higher rifts well I play coop and help a little instead of doing solo.

Untill the barbarians gets buffed as of rigth now the feel so underpowered compared to Monks ro Crusader, not to mention WD or Wiz.

The hunt for the Cam's Rebuttal will be fun :p

Fuck it I will try and make a Falling Sword/Shield Bash Crusader Build that can stay alive on T6, I feel I can do it, I just cant live without a primary attack, can't for teh life of me depend on a spender, if that takes me away of doing super higher rifts well I play coop and help a little instead of doing solo.

Untill the barbarians gets buffed as of rigth now the feel so underpowered compared to Monks ro Crusader, not to mention WD or Wiz.

I got one of those on xb1...or maybe I salvaged it. Are you on xb1?

No man :(

PS4 here, though is nice that you have more people now to play right? at first it seemed you were alone but now I start to see lots of X1 players :)
I've seen like 3 on my list.

I had good luck today though. 2 x Roland's set which made me pretty damn happy. Pants and chest, just what I need.

I guess paragon levels will make all the difference now as t5 I can do solo,t6 is pretty hard going as there are lots of elites and I need to get my resistance up.

Haines

Banned
I have been playing a 2 handed witch doc up to paragon 70 now.

I can not find anything that even comes close to this weapon.

I'm at like 700k dmg

Matty8787

Just got this today currently installing on Xbox one!

Not played diablo before so not quite sure what I am getting myself into... Would like some people who play to add me for future play throughs though my GT is Matty8787.

If you do add me please leave a little message :)

Just got this today currently installing on Xbox one!

Not played diablo before so not quite sure what I am getting myself into... Would like some people who play to add me for future play throughs though my GT is Matty8787.

If you do add me please leave a little message :)
Add me man. IAMBLEST

Not many xb1 ppl on here.

Just start the story and you will be fine. Adventure mode is when it all goes off.

Oh and turn on elective mode and turn on the item descriptions.

Blazed

I've been running a fire raekors build with maximus, unity, viles ward, strongarm bracers with heavy CDR(got about 35.5 without gogok thanks to leoric crown)

I can get to 33-34 just fine but i end up lacking the damage to finish the boss off. Im hoping for a furnace because I think that's what's gonna help push me up. I don't know how op or weak is a barbarian compared to other classes, but I'll be glad to give u tips if u want to.(likewise I'd like tips from fellow barbarians who reached higher rifts, if it doesn't involve a furnace)

Raptor

I got 3 pieces from kadala so keep trying!

That and blackthornes set seem to be my most common. Akkhans I only have 2 pieces.

Time to hit kadala hard since I need Rolands for dat Shield bash :p

I've been running a fire raekors build with maximus, unity, viles ward, strongarm bracers with heavy CDR(got about 35.5 without gogok thanks to leoric crown)

I can get to 33-34 just fine but i end up lacking the damage to finish the boss off. Im hoping for a furnace because I think that's what's gonna help push me up. I don't know how op or weak is a barbarian compared to other classes, but I'll be glad to give u tips if u want to.(likewise I'd like tips from fellow barbarians who reached higher rifts, if it doesn't involve a furnace)

YEs you can give me tips please, whats your playstyle, how I can do more damage?

Can you provide me exctly how you haev your gear and stat optimization? because I have 2 Raekors set but if its doable I will try and keep trying.

turnbuckle

Raptor - did you get the gifts I sent last night?

The game crashed in the middle of me sending them. It said the items were sent but then I got a BSOD. Lemme know :)

joeblow

I found this guide for doing the Hellfire Amulet/Ring on consoles.

On PC, it takes four organs to make an amulet, so it's a straightforward process of Warden > Key > Uber > Organ, times four. On the console, where you only need three organs, it's a little more convoluted.

The Wardens in Acts 1-3 drop keys like they always have. The Warden in Act 4 actually drops the same keys as the Wardens in A1-3. You would think you would use each of these three keys to get the three organs you need, but they still want you to go through all four Infernal Machines.

So, the first two Acts go as you'd expect; Warden > Key > Uber > Organ. The third key requires an extra step; the uber you kill drops the fourth key, giving you access to the fourth uber, who will then drop the third and final organ. So you still fight four ubers, but only three wardens, and you only end up with three organs at the end. Someone made a flowchart.

That said, in a recent PC patch, they bumped the drop rate from 50% at T6 to 100%, so currently farming amulets on console takes like 2-3 times as long as it will once the patch hits, so I guess I'm gonna hold off for now.

A dozen pages back I posted that I got close enough to my ideal HF Amulet on the PS4, so I know how the system works if you want to be efficient.

On console you need to initially farm for, at minimum, 9 keys. That will be three from Act I, II and III respectively. Farming for them is super easy as a Crusader, even roaming around randomly on huge maps. I simply revised my build to accommodate Steed Charge/Endurance with the highest cool down possible (switch in a few pieces of gear if necessary) and matched it with a Swiftmount Flail to double the active time of the horse. For me, that resulted in less than a one second cool down that allowed me to roam around a map unhindered in record time.

Ignore trying for the Key of Evil in Act V as it is almost impossible to drop. Build the three machines with the nine keys and the Key of Evil should eventually drop from the Machine of War fight. You may have to rebuild it if it doesn't drop (i.e., three more keys to be farmed). I think it is 50/50 at T6.

Once the Key of Evil drops, you need to farm out two more regular keys to make the final machine to fight for the last ingredient for your HF Ammy. The two extra keys you need seems to be random because mine was from Act II & III whereas the guide I followed said Act I & II keys.

TL,DR: Use a Switftmount Flail + Endurance Steed Charge with high CDR to quickly farm nine keys in Acts I-III. Build the three Machines for the three ingredients as well as the Key of Evil in the Machine of War. Farm two more regular keys to use the Key of Evil for the last fight to get the final ingredient. Hope for the RNG best when creating your Hellfire Amulet.

LOLCats

Banned
Got my first Vault last night, was on my new wizard tho and only running master, switched to T1 before entering, got about 13 mil. Boss fight was tough but i pulled it off. Definately cool, tho i wish i was on my monk in A higher torment.

Also got a cosmic strand plan the other day if anyone wants me to make one for them.

WW with a full IK set is just not good enough IMO, it just doesn't deal that much damage and is very squishy maybe Is my set, maybe is my weapon that is INT based lols, but I tried with a TF and Odyns Son and still cant deal damage with WW, Im at 660k DPS, with that kind of damage output Im at GR30 with my monk, Barbarian or is very nerfed or I dont know what the hell Im doing.
What skills are you running? Do you have any notable gear apart from IK? Which IK pieces do you have? Were you dual-wielding the TF and Odyn? Toughness? Adjusted elemental damage? CHC/CHD?

Maybe your build just needs a little tweaking. :)

A dozen pages back I posted that I got close enough to my ideal HF Amulet on the PS4, so I know how the system works if you want to be efficient.
Looks nice. What did you end up rolling on to it?

So, you need three keys per machine? Why is that? Is it like rift keys, where you need one per player? Is it like lesser rifts, where all local players only need a single key between them?

Grimløck;135830359 said:
maybe they're professional russians!
I lol'd.

So, you need three keys per machine? Why is that? Is it like rift keys, where you need one per player? Is it like lesser rifts, where all local players only need a single key between them?
It takes 3 different keys to make each machine. You can see what is required at the blacksmith or jeweler.

Blazed

Time to hit kadala hard since I need Rolands for dat Shield bash :p

YEs you can give me tips please, whats your playstyle, how I can do more damage?

Can you provide me exctly how you haev your gear and stat optimization? because I have 2 Raekors set but if its doable I will try and keep trying.

Helmet: Leorics crown with CDR gem
Shoulder: Vile ward
Body:Raekor with 3 strength gems
legs: Raekor with 2 resist all gems
amulet: golden gorget with crit hit dmg, crit hit chance, strength
ring: unity(i put unity for my templar as well as the relic that doesnt let him die, makes a huge difference)
ring of royal grandeur with str and atk speed
gloves: raekor
bracers: strongarm bracer
boot: raekor
belt: shitty belt( trying to find pride of cassius for my ignore pain)
weapon: maximus with crit hit dmg socket(always try to position yourself so that you can make use of the fire chain from the demon you summon, especially helps in your single target dps, the place where you lack the most damage).

The idea is to get as much CDR as you can using your leoric crown, and some from your gloves as well as paragon if you can spare the points. Try to get at least up to 35%, the rest you can make up with a gogok of swiftness at rank 25. I usually use gogok of swiftness, mirinae, and bane of the trapped as legendary gems.

Having that high CDR means you will have wrath of the berserker and call of the ancients for about every elite you fight. Try to get fire damage wherever you can as well, I personally have about 35% from my maximus as well as the strongarm bracer.

For skills I use furious charge(fire rune), ignore pain(increase duration to 7 seconds), wrath of the berserker(insanity), call of the ancients(fire rune 540% dmg), frenzy(maniac), battle rage(blood shed).

For passives I use rampage, berserker rage, boon of bul kathos, either brawler or superstition( brawler for lower rifts, superstition for higher rifts).

With raekor set, vile ward, and strong arm bracer as well as your fire damage increasse, you will be doing a huge amount of damage , especially when they're all stacked together. You can get with this build to mid rifts, but i'm still trying to tweak a few things here and there to finally reach 36-39. I believe getting a furnace and a stone of jordan might be the solution, but i still have no luck with the furnace.

If you have any questions feel free to ask since I wrote this in haste and i might have unintentionally skimmed over a few things. Hope it helps :).

Lazyslob

Banned
what's the build with crusader where all he does run around and those circles keep popping up?

been rocking witch doctor with mask of jeram and starmetal kukri. i sacrifice the dogs and lay down slam dance and holy shit. they hit like trucks. i have a lvl 70 wizard i always had in the back but never played so im going to make something out of him

Raptor

Blazed thanks man, but whats the playstyle?

Like what will be my damage dealer?

Furious charge? Frenzy?

I have the Maximus ready so the Leoric's Crown :) Only 2 pieces of Raekors.

joeblow

Looks nice. What did you end up rolling on to it?

I enchanted away Vitality for +Critical Damage%. Having five passives is amazing.

Each of the three Key Wardens in Acts I-III will drop a different key. You need one of each per Infernal Machine.

Soulez

Neo Member
I've been slowly getting back into D3, what's the best way to go about getting gear now? Is bounties/rifts the way to go or is new Grifts the best?

I've been playing a WD on T2 and it's been steady but slow. Just recently got a DH to 70, but she's only barely able to keep up on T1.

If anyone wants, they can add me for the PS4: PSNID - Ainge17

Blazed

Blazed thanks man, but whats the playstyle?

Like what will be my damage dealer?

Furious charge? Frenzy?

I have the Maximus ready so the Leoric's Crown :) Only 2 pieces of Raekors.

If you have the required CDR, your furious charge will be spammable as long as you manage to hit 3 enemies at least. It will be your bread and butter. Frenzy is mostly for single target but not your main damage dealer. Vile ward and strongarms bracer makes your furious charge op as long as you manage to hit the maximum amount of enemies possible.

Good luck in finding the rest of the pieces, keep me updated :).

Top Bottom