• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Raptor

If you have the required CDR, your furious charge will be spammable as long as you manage to hit 3 enemies at least. It will be your bread and butter. Frenzy is mostly for single target but not your main damage dealer. Vile ward and strongarms bracer makes your furious charge op as long as you manage to hit the maximum amount of enemies possible.

Good luck in finding the rest of the pieces, keep me updated :).

Thanks man, will try this tonight!

:)

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Got all the classes at level 70
Now time to chose one and Paragon up, dunno which one yet.

subwilde

Any tips on survivability with the firebird set? I'm getting wrecked on grift 25+. Seems like I need very key pieces for this build, any help is appreciated! My sheet armor is only 6200k lol

Az987

all good things
I collected a full Jade Harvester set but I really have no idea how to use it effectively. Any pointers would be welcome.

Laconic

Banned
Yeah... so this happened.

Kadala... <3

pb_zps4202780a.jpg

And yet I still hesitate to roll that Int into a socket. :/

HORRORSHØW

Congrats very impressive! what offensive skill did you choose?
heaven's fury: ascendency. i can't afford to use a big wrath spender because i'm primarily spamming stampede, but ascendency allows me to cast it once every few seconds. it helps cleaning out trash mobs. i know every crusader uses provoke but i found it useless because a) since you're always in AC-mode and using long arm of the law, you shouldn't have wrath problems, and b) the little cc that provoke provides is replaced by stampede anyways.

also, replacing indestructible for holy cause helps with the dps. you just have to be a little more aware of your positioning.

rukland

Ok I am all kinds of confused on how the hellfire ammy works on the PS4. Where should I be farming for it and what not. The info I can find online only seems to cover the PC version.

Audioboxer

I have a full set of Akkhans to give away. Looking to trade for Roland's. I normally just give away, but I'm really struggling with Roland's :(

Only have the mantle and boots.

What's the strategy / build out for a Thunderfury Templar? I finally have a Thunderfury for him (a nice one with a socket too!) but I'm not clear on what rings, amulets and gems I should be equipping him with.

Smidget

So on my second ever hordiac bounty I got the RoRG. I don't think I have any sets of anything. How do you even tell if something is part of a set? It obviously say something?

Number45

So on my second ever hordiac bounty I got the RoRG. I don't think I have any sets of anything. How do you even tell if something is part of a set? It obviously say something?
It'll be bright green for a start. Use it if it's better than what you have, otherwise save it until you need it.

Also, on the consoles you can just quit out whenever you like, which takes a lot of the bite out of hardcore.

Yeah this is huge. On PC there was no easy out like this.
Pfft, if I die I'm dead regardless of platform.

Aenima

In PS4 you can even back up ur save ( for a pen drive or uploaded to PS+ servers) from time to time just in case things go wrong. Dunno if in XB1 and PC is also possible to back up the saves.

But playing in normal mode with "normal dificulty" i finished the game with a Crusader without using a single health potion.

tynestar

daughter and I hit lvl 70 tonight with my crusader and her wizard. Is ther a what now guide? What should we do next, what to use paragon points on etc?

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Guys sorry I've haven't been replying to invites (spatenfloot & the rest) but my ps4's has been (and STILL IS!') idling in fhe UEE 'cause I've forgot the console was on and I've left the city for the weekend...

Goddamn, can't I remotely turn it off OR something?

Each of the three Key Wardens in Acts I-III will drop a different key. You need one of each per Infernal Machine.
OHHhhhh. So you need a total of nine keys from the wardens; three sets of three keys. Now the flowchart makes more sense. lol

So, with a 50% drop rate at T6, you're looking at an average of 14 fights for each of the first two organs, and then another 28 fights for the third organ, or 56 fights/craft; possibly more or less. With the 100% drop rate coming in the patch, you're looking at 13 fights per craft, guaranteed. Yeah, think I'll just wait for the patch. :p

HORRORSHØW

okay. i really don't know where i fall between mirinae or gogok. i just cleared g39 with about 4 minutes to spare using gogok. i can see the pros for both; i guess it comes down to a matter of preference.

Apparently I still didn't have it right. Looking at the blacksmith, it seems the Machine of Evil also needs three keys. I assumed it only needed the Key of Evil, but you need another Gluttony and Terror as well. So that means it's actually an average of 60 fights per craft pre-patch, or 15 fights guaranteed post-patch, if I'm figuring that correctly.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Guys sorry I've haven't been replying to invites (spatenfloot & the rest) but my ps4's has been (and STILL IS!') idling in fhe UEE 'cause I've forgot the console was on and I've left the city for the weekend...

Once you get back you should enable power saving in the settings. It turns itself off into standby then after 30mins.

mstevens

Anyone doing Torment 1 or higher rifts or bounties that wouldn't mind letting me tag along with a new character? Only have 1 more class to level from scratch and I'm a little burnt out :p

Giggzy

daughter and I hit lvl 70 tonight with my crusader and her wizard. Is ther a what now guide? What should we do next, what to use paragon points on etc?

I'd like to know this too! Hit 70 on my wizard recently and I'm paragon level 20. All I've been doing is rift runs and spending shards on Kadala. She's giving me shit so far! Anything else I should be doing?

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
I'd like to know this too! Hit 70 on my wizard recently and I'm paragon level 20. All I've been doing is rift runs and spending shards on Kadala. She's giving me shit so far! Anything else I should be doing?
That's all I've done since I hit too! That said I've started playing multi and just kind of thinking of it like Gauntlet too.

Diablo 3 + Adventure mode+ multiplayer= Gauntlet++ in my mind.

joeblow

Apparently I still didn't have it right. Looking at the blacksmith, it seems the Machine of Evil also needs three keys. I assumed it only needed the Key of Evil, but you need another Gluttony and Terror as well. So that means it's actually an average of 60 fights per craft pre-patch, or 15 fights guaranteed post-patch, if I'm figuring that correctly.

I mentioned above, but after you get the Key of Evil, you match it with two of the three other keys to start the final battle. Those two keys are random, and not necessarily the Glutton and Terror keys. Check the Machine of Evil plans from the Blacksmith to know for sure.

ZenaxPure

If you mean for the organs yeah, but, even on PC after various hotfixes the key drop rate is still not 100% (which is super annoying), so you still will have to deal with that aspect even after the patch. The one thing they did actually hotfix in regards to keys is that they work as group drops now (so as long as it drops for 1 person everyone will get one) which technically increases your chance to get keys as long as you are in multiplayer. Still not a guarantee though of course.

Keys are pretty much the worst part of the entire process, because, the fights themselves are actually a lot of fun (before you get to the point where you utterly crush T6, then they are just trivial and only last a few seconds).

Abylim

Off topic, but why isnt this in community yet?
Destiny went in a week or two ago, and it came out after this.
Just wondering if Gaf isnt doing that anymore. I actually prefer they never get moved!

Audioboxer

Kadala dropped a load of Roland's for me! Crazy how that happens after ages. All I need now is the helmet!

What I am going to struggle for though is a Golden Flense :( ANYONE on GAF have one spare? I can trade full akkhans and even a beastly heart slaughter.

If you've linked your console to the PS mobile app, you can tell it to enter standby mode.

Az987

all good things
Wow, I've been playing the ps4 version since it came out and I just now realized you can change it in options to assign any skill to any button. :/

Dash Kappei

Hey Tunesmith, with power saving (which I don't remember if I've turned it on already), does it still work if you're in-game? I thought it only worked if idling in the xmb

If you've linked your console to the PS mobile app, you can tell it to enter standby mode.

I did! Let me try!

edit: says if can't find my ps4? :/

The GF has a couple of spare pairs of Lut Socks, if anyone needs any.

I did! Let me try!

edit: says if can't find my ps4? :/
Could be a router issue. If your PS4 isn't in the DMZ, you'd need to have the appropriate ports forwarded on your router to be able to access it from outside your local network.

Dash Kappei

The GF has a couple of spare pairs of Lut Socks, if anyone needs any.

Could be a router issue. If your PS4 isn't in the DMZ, you'd need to have the appropriate ports forwarded on your router to be able to access it from outside your local network.

Could be, my console is definitely not in DMZ mode... or I've never consciously set it that way iirc. Tho I'm usually able to connect to it and use the iPad as a second screen and stuff?

Yeah, you don't need to do anything special for that stuff to work locally. With the proper ports forwarded on your router, you can do the same stuff from anywhere you have an Internet connection.

Is Flying Dragon as good as it gets for my Monk?

Plus, I can't, for the life of me, roll anything decent in the way of sets. What the hell set am I supposed to be looking for?

I did a skill respec and it was a game-changer for me. Still, need that "ultimate monk gear".

what is the best (Most DPS) weapon for the Crusader? ive had my same 2hander for ages now and nothing i get seems to be better than it (some 2 handed thing called Bovine something which brings 6 cows out to fight with you from time to time)

LordAlu

Is Flying Dragon as good as it gets for my Monk?

Plus, I can't, for the life of me, roll anything decent in the way of sets. What the hell set am I supposed to be looking for?

I did a skill respec and it was a game-changer for me. Still, need that "ultimate monk gear".
If you're using a Flying Dragon, you want to be going for the Sunwuko set. In the meantime, craft some Aughild's stuff and Cain's Travelers, using an RoRG to get the set bonuses, along with Mantra of Healing and either Boon of Inspiration or Circular Breathing. You should be fairly invincible up to T3/T4.

Once you get the Sunwuko set up and running you'll be dealing far more damage with Sweeping Wind and Mantra spamming, so you can switch your Mantra to Mantra of Salvation and the Agility rune, for that extra resistance and dodge chance.

aember

Anyone interested in some T1/T2 rifts? My friend and I have been doing some but they're going slowly and nobody's joining the public game. :(

faer0n

if you join a public game - does everyone usually have headsets?

Also, are people doing bounties or rifts?

that depends. if i need gold/crafting mats i do normal rifts or bounties (act 1 and 5 for rorg or helltrapper) with the hoarder gem. or i try some grifts to level my gems

Top Bottom