• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Paganmoon

Attempt number 2 for Malthael hardcore, this time level 54 barbarian. I will not, I repeat, I will not leap into Malthael again.

Edit: Was easy on normal. Adventure mode to 70 now woho.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Hey Tunesmith, with power saving (which I don't remember if I've turned it on already), does it still work if you're in-game? I thought it only worked if idling in the xmb

I did! Let me try!

edit: says if can't find my ps4? :/
Idle anywhere for 30 mins (or whatever you set the timer to) = standby.

Slay3rx_Uk

Neo Member
I'm SlayerX82 on ps4 if anyone wants to add me I play everyday grinding for hellfire ring/amulet at the minute on T2.

looking for people to send and receive gifts.

Guys sorry I've haven't been replying to invites (spatenfloot & the rest) but my ps4's has been (and STILL IS!') idling in fhe UEE 'cause I've forgot the console was on and I've left the city for the weekend...

Goddamn, can't I remotely turn it off OR something?
Sounds like you need a Vita!

ZenaxPure

what is the best (Most DPS) weapon for the Crusader? ive had my same 2hander for ages now and nothing i get seems to be better than it (some 2 handed thing called Bovine something which brings 6 cows out to fight with you from time to time)

It really greatly depends on your build. But as a general rule of thumb if there is no weapon that directly buffs a primary skill of your build (like Fate of the Fell giving you triple beams) then you want a Furnace. Until you can get a Furnace you want a 2 handed weapon with elemental damage that matches the element of your primary damage dealer.

That said though, most Crusader builds have a Flail that buffs one of their skills in a significant way. I think Stampede and a Shield Bash based Ronald build are the only Crusader builds that can't benefit from a specific Crusader Flail in a meaningful way.

Audioboxer

Kadala dropped a load of Roland's for me! Crazy how that happens after ages. All I need now is the helmet!

What I am going to struggle for though is a Golden Flense :( ANYONE on GAF have one spare? I can trade full akkhans and even a beastly heart slaughter.

Finally have Rolands helm :)

Just need to get the golden flense, and the ring that allows phanlax to last longer.

ZenaxPure

Finally have Rolands helm :)

Just need to get the golden flense, and the ring that allows phanlax to last longer.

You should check out this video if you are going down that route (assuming you haven't seen it yet). Saw it pop up on Diablofans a few days ago. I found it really impressive to see the Bowmen Roland build make it up to GR 37 which is way higher than I ever expected it to top out at. Solved alot of the squishyness problems Roland has by using the stun rune on Sweep and the bracers that give damage reduction for each nearby target stunned.

I could use them.
Sent! <3

It really greatly depends on your build. But as a general rule of thumb if there is no weapon that directly buffs a primary skill of your build (like Fate of the Fell giving you triple beams) then you want a Furnace. Until you can get a Furnace you want a 2 handed weapon with elemental damage that matches the element of your primary damage dealer.
Why is that important? Do you mean "1500-2000 Fire damage," or "20% FDI"?

You should check out this video if you are going down that route (assuming you haven't seen it yet). Saw it pop up on Diablofans a few days ago. I found it really impressive to see the Bowmen Roland build make it up to GR 37 which is way higher than I ever expected it to top out at. Solved alot of the squishyness problems Roland has by using the stun rune on Sweep and the bracers that give damage reduction for each nearby target stunned.
What bracers are those? I was thinking Strongarm at first, but this sounds different.

Edit: Just looked at the video. Ancient Parthan Defenders; 9-12% DR per stunned enemy in 25 yards. She actually has a 12% pair with 17% FDI and 4.5% CHC. Getting damage reduction when no one can attack you doesn't strike me as particularly useful though&#8230; Certainly not as useful as a party-wide 27% damage increase against any mob she's shifted in the last 5s with her Wrench, Ess, and Sickle.

ZenaxPure

Why is that important? Do you mean "1500-2000 Fire damage," or "20% FDI"?

Fire Damage% increase in this case. Pretty obvious as to why I'm sure.

About the damage reduction when no on can attack you, remember this is about high GR talk in this case. Elite affixes will still do damage while they are stunned (since stun does not have a 100% uptime the brief moments enemies are not stunned they will spam their special abilities) which in the mid 30s+ means you are going to get fucked without a ton of toughness... Which Roland doesn't have.

Roland is one of the most fragile builds in the game because you are running around with like 10 million toughess if you are lucky and it is a melee build which means you can't really kite and keep your damage going. It's not really needed on something like T6, but, neither is double unity when you're playing alone but most people do it anyway.

ZenaxPure

Ah, right on. Yeah, I did think about floor effects; it'd be pretty useful for that. I didn't realize Roland was quite that fragile.

It loses perma-champion which is all Crusader really have for defense on high difficulties (150% additional armor and a constant cheat death mechanics). The build doesn't really favor CDR either which means stuff like Ironskin isn't up nearly as often.

It's been basically the major complaint of the set since blizz introduced it. Especially when you consider other high end melee builds like SWK Monks where it is pretty easy to break 40 million toughness when Epiphany is up. Roland is so damn squishy.

Yeah I have full Roland set and I'm at about 10.5 mill. Its not enough for t6 with my shield bash build. I've even traded some dps for more vit and it doesn't really help that much. I'm ok with t5 solo but t6 I get slaughtered.

Paganmoon

Question on Hardcore, if I start Act V story mode, Angel of Death quest on my level 70, invite a low level character, then quit the game, will the low level character be able to do that quest (and unlock Adventure mode)?

ZenaxPure

Yeah I have full Roland set and I'm at about 10.5 mill. Its not enough for t6 with my shield bash build. I've even traded some dps for more vit and it doesn't really help that much. I'm ok with t5 solo but t6 I get slaughtered.

Well keep in mind that Vit doesn't really increase your actual toughness, you still take the same amount of damage no matter how much HP you have. That's not to say you should really roll your vit away, it's more to just say that the difference in 300k HP and 500k HP doesn't do much for your survivability realistically.

Obviously the best way to increase that is just through double unity when playing alone if you don't have it yet. It's like having Iron Skin up 100% of the time without hitting a button.

Well keep in mind that Vit doesn't really increase your actual toughness, you still take the same amount of damage no matter how much HP you have. That's not to say you should really roll your vit away, it's more to just say that the difference in 300k HP and 500k HP doesn't do much for your survivability realistically.

Obviously the best way to increase that is just through double unity when playing alone if you don't have it yet. It's like having Iron Skin up 100% of the time without hitting a button.
What's the difference between vit and life then?

Unity involves you and your follower both having unity rings and them having the legendary token which allows them to not die right?

I got one of those for the scoundrel..wish it was for the templar.

ZenaxPure

What's the difference between vit and life then?

Unity involves you and your follower both having unity rings and them having the legendary token which allows them to not die right?

I got one of those for the scoundrel..wish it was for the templar.

If you mean vit and life% it's pretty straight forward, vit gives you a set amount of HP increase (80 HP per 1 vit) where as life% increases your total HP by a percentage. The less HP you have from vitality means less HP you are going to gain from life%.

As for Unity, yes, that is exactly right. It should be what you are striving for when playing alone because it literally cuts damage you take in half. If an attack hits you for 1 million with Unity equipped it is only going to hit you for 500k. It is a huge boost in defense that doesn't show up on your character sheet at all.

She gets a similar effect from CotA: Together as One. Half the damage she takes is split evenly amongst the Ancients, so it's basically like 50% perma-DR. At least, until the last Ancient dies and she suddenly starts taking "double" damage. Took us a minute to figure that one out. lol

Speaking of, what heals Ancients? Do they benefit from Invigorate? Health globes? Pretty sure they don't get her life/fury, right? I'm not even sure how to monitor their health.

This has nothing to do with Saders, obviously; just championing an often overlooked rune. :p

ZenaxPure

Speaking of, what heals Ancients? Do they benefit from Invigorate? Health globes? Pretty sure they don't get her life/fury, right? I'm not even sure how to monitor their health.

Health globes, healing wells, and life regen that is given through the use of a party wide buff (like Invigorate). It's why I prefer Invigorate over Impunity when running with perma-ancients. Nothing else to my knowledge.

joeblow

Speaking of which, I've had the invulnerable Templar gear for awhile now, but two minutes ago I just got my first Unity ring (high CC%, re-rolled area damage for a Socket). One more Unity ring and I'm set for the defensive buff.

I also got my first Hellskull shield in that run. Average stats, but it is something at least.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Upgrade jewels and salvage them from gear you want to keep.
I tell you what, I found myself in a similar pickle of having nearly two million gold all to my lonesome until I did this exact thing.

Start upgrading jewels and you'll be q pauper in minutes.

mstevens

Anyone willing to let me tag along for some torment rifts or bounties? Leveling my last class and getting a little burnt out. Would appreciate it!

Alright rolling with a WD level 28 i think and i dont know what im doing, any tips?

just keep playing and come back when you hit level 70 for advice. It's all training mode up until then and everything we tell you will be superfluous until you hit 70 anyway.

(i.e. what gear should i have, what skills etc).

Up to 70, you are just getting accustomed to the skills and runes. Once you hit 70 and go to adventure mode you will be more familiar with the skills and what build you are looking for.

rukland

Ok I swear The Witching Hour does not exist. I have spent thousands upon thousands of crystals and nothing. The RNG gods must hate me. Sigh farm more crystals and the morning and cry more as I never will get it.

Laconic

Banned
Ok I swear The Witching Hour does not exist. I have spent thousands upon thousands of crystals and nothing. The RNG gods must hate me. Sigh farm more crystals and the morning and cry more as I never will get it.

You and me both, brother - you and me both.

...and I'm the guy who just this very evening rolled a second Kridershot, and second Buriza, AND a freakin' 30% Moonlight Ward with natural 9% CC, 750 Int, and something else that is going to get rolled into 100 CHD.

That belt is cray to roll.

Paganmoon

Alright rolling with a WD level 28 i think and i dont know what im doing, any tips?

Get some music going, cause it's going to be a chore, best tip I can give on WD.

Speaking of WD, now that I've finished leveling all classes, my ranking is as follows (fun while leveling rank only, mind you):

Crusader = Barbarian > Demon Hunter > Monk > Wizard >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Witch Doctor.

Hugstable

Banned
Finally hit level 40 today, leveling a bit slower since I'm playing through Bayo1+2 as well, but it's hard to want to play just Bayo and I feel like always wanting to play D3 more at times and level up my Crusader lol. I'm really enjoying the gameplay, and they pack you with loot in this game which is awesome, even for the lower levels. I feel like I'm about to be closing on Act 2 soon, and I've really been liking all the Lore stuff so far too, even though I've seemed to have missed so many journals :(

ZenaxPure

It's pretty close to not existing, one of the rarer items in the game. I spent something around 15k shards before I got one on my monk and I consider that extremely lucky.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Get some music going, cause it's going to be a chore, best tip I can give on WD.

Speaking of WD, now that I've finished leveling all classes, my ranking is as follows (fun while leveling rank only, mind you):

Crusader = Barbarian > Demon Hunter > Monk > Wizard >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Witch Doctor.

Monk = Barb > Wiz > DH >>> Crusader >>> WD for me.
It's pretty close to not existing, one of the rarer items in the game. I spent something around 15k shards before I got one on my monk and I consider that extremely lucky.

Really? I've had two Dex ones. My Monk and DH uses it. Heh.

Jabba

Banned
Been playing a lot, lately. Tons of shards and no fucking Tasker and Theo. Blizzard also needs to do something about Perdition g/rift boss porting to me regardless of attacks and whether moving or not and insta killing my DH. Cheap ass shit.

Laconic

Banned
Been playing a lot, lately. Tons of shards and no fucking Tasker and Theo. Blizzard also needs to do something about Perdition g/rift boss porting to me regardless of attacks and whether moving or not and insta killing my DH. Cheap ass shit.

I got a 50% T&T with native 9% CC yesterday, too.

...Str. :/

This has probably been addressed some where in the thread, however, I need to know if the Hellfire rings are worth it at all? I am having fun beating the hell out of the keywardens (except the bastard in Act 4 who WON'T DROP THE KEY!!!) and doing the uber boss fights but is it worth it? Or should I just keep doing rifts at T5/6?

Laconic

Banned
This has probably been addressed some where in the thread, however, I need to know if the Hellfire rings are worth it at all? I am having fun beating the hell out of the keywardens (except the bastard in Act 4 who WON'T DROP THE KEY!!!) and doing the uber boss fights but is it worth it? Or should I just keep doing rifts at T5/6?

Hellfire Rings suck.

Hellfire Amulets, however, are potentially BiS.

Lanrutcon

I'm going to assume you don't run an M6 sentry build, otherwise your complaint about 'Cheap ass shit' would be deeply ironic :)

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Act 4 key warden doesn't drop a key on the console version. How many times does this need to be mentioned in this thread? :D The key of Evil drops from a set of the uber bosses.

Jabba

Banned
I'm going to assume you don't run an M6 sentry build, otherwise your complaint about 'Cheap ass shit' would be deeply ironic :)

I'm running a Marauder Sentry, Garwulf build. Have RoRG and the Rucksack. Yes, Perdition, ported to me continually, killing me enough to red my armor.

It isn't the first Marauder sentry build Perdition has done this with either. Usually I alternate between maelstrom and Dazzling arrow stun under Cluster arrow. depending on the mobs I get during a run. Multishot Arsenal and Elemental frost arrow. Also using the ice bolas with 50% chance to freeze. Which made me scratch my head at first as to why he was just porting on over and Jason Vorheesing me. lol

Hellfire Rings suck.

Hellfire Amulets, however, are potentially BiS.

Oh that is good to know, will grind later to make the Amulet with the STR stat...

Act 4 key warden doesn't drop a key on the console version. How many times does this need to be mentioned in this thread? :D The key of Evil drops from a set of the uber bosses.

Well that is good to know as well....
All that grinding for nothing....

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Aand done!

Jdptvcs.jpg

Top Bottom