• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

ZenaxPure

I'm running a Marauder Sentry, Garwulf build. Have RoRG and the Rucksack. Yes, Perdition, ported to me continually, killing me enough to red my armor.

It isn't the first Marauder sentry build Perdition has done this with either. Usually I alternate between maelstrom and Dazzling arrow stun under Cluster arrow. depending on the mobs I get during a run. Multishot Arsenal and Elemental frost arrow. Also using the ice bolas with 50% chance to freeze. Which made me scratch my head at first as to why he was just porting on over and Jason Vorheesing me. lol

Only way to survive Perdition on high difficulties as a demon hunter is to time your smokescreen correctly. To be honest when you get used to it it's not that bad, his telegraph for his teleport attack is pretty obvious.

Laconic

Banned
Well fuck.

I logged on for a real quick GRift this morning before leaving.

...and the game froze up on me.

My DH could move anywhere in the rift.

But everything else was frozen.

What the fuck, Blizzard, what the fuck.

Roboter

Neo Member
Key farming is crap, think I have 4 or 5 keys from Act I warden, and 2 or 3 from act 3, none from act 2.

If you don't like farming those keys, close application when the ubers don't drop a material. The machine is not used and you only need 1 machine for each material.

Wasp

I'm getting this game tomorrow. Never played a Diablo game before.

Does anyone have any recommendations of which character class I should choose (or at least which one I shouldn't choose)? I'll be playing the entire game in local co-op so recommendations of two classes which compliment each other well would be welcome.

Roboter

Neo Member

Does anyone have any recommendations of which character class I should choose (or at least which one I shouldn't choose)? I'll be playing the entire game in local co-op so recommendations of two classes which compliment each other well would be welcome.

Demon Hunter and Monk complement each other, also items that drop have the same mainstat and you can more easily share items.

Paganmoon

For local co-op make sure you create a second PSN account that you use, if you just log on as guest for the second controller, the character won't be saved after you exit/disconnect the controller. (it didn't when I tested it out with a few friends at least).

Raptor

Ok level 40 Wizard, already in Torment, powerfull as all fuck, will check out some builds.

Is more fun than WD for sure.

naughtyprawn, still haev that TF that you gave me the other day? the INT based one, I want to build a Sith Lord Wizard :)

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
I've just started a Wiz and I never played with it before.
Can someone recommend a build to go for ?

Paganmoon

I've just started a Wiz and I never played with it before.
Can someone recommend a build to go for ?

Same as any other class for leveling, pick a few abilities that sound cool, get a high level weapon with reduced level req, or any weapon with a socket, and put the highest level red gem you have on it. Breeze through the levels.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Same as any other class for leveling, pick a few abilities that sound cool, get a high level weapon with reduced level req, or any weapon with a socket, and put the highest level red gem you have on it. Breeze through the levels.

I'm asking a top level build for adventure mod.
Until there, any build is fine.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Aand done!

Are you gonna keep playin' ?

i got all my characters to lvl70 and paragon lvl60 and im gonna keep playing since i havent seen all the content yet... and the game is pretty darn fun.

Gotta pick a class to Paragon up. Maybe a Lighting/Snowy Wizard?

Are you gonna keep playin' ?

i got all my characters to lvl70 and paragon lvl60 and im gonna keep playing since i havent seen all the content yet... and the game is pretty darn fun.

Gotta pick a class to Paragon up. Maybe a Lighting/Snowy Wizard?
My snow wizard was an absolute beast. Love using absolute zero and freezing everyone. Most fun build I've ever used. Need the dual frost hydra from serpent spiker tho :/

Jabba

Banned
Only way to survive Perdition on high difficulties as a demon hunter is to time your smokescreen correctly. To be honest when you get used to it it's not that bad, his telegraph for his teleport attack is pretty obvious.

Ok thank you for the tip. Appreciates.

Ok level 40 Wizard, already in Torment, powerfull as all fuck, will check out some builds.

Is more fun than WD for sure.

naughtyprawn, still haev that TF that you gave me the other day? the INT based one, I want to build a Sith Lord Wizard :)

Yes mate! Still got that for you. Few other pieces of gear you might like too. I'll be on later this evening so drop me a message on psn.

turnbuckle

Krayzie hooked me up with a pair of strongarm bracers and I tried out a Stampede build with him for a little bit today. It was definitely working out better for me than the FotF / Holy Shotgun build. If I can find a weapon with good damage and another way of generating Wrath this will be great. It's too bad my really good amulet with lord commander passive rolled holy damage instead of physical though

ZenaxPure

Ok thank you for the tip. Appreciates.

It's pretty annoying, but, I also find it fairly satisfying once you get it down. Pretty constant reminder of why I love D3 so much, the action is still incredibly important in a game about making your numbers bigger.

If I block someone on PSN, does it stop them from getting into my public D3 game? I've been quitting the games with cheaters but, if I can block them it would make it easier on me. I've run into the same dude 2 or 3 times already. A fourth time will probably have me sending him an Internet donkey punch.

turnbuckle

Just recently been playing again after a month break for Destiny. Don't know why but after 2.1 T5 seems harder than it was before.

what class are you playing?

I felt it was harder for me too as a crusader. They buffed 2-handed weapons but also reduced the damage crusaders do while wielding a 2-hander and a shield by 20%. The math said it was supposed to still be a slight buff for crusaders, but it sure didn't feel like one to me.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Idle anywhere for 30 mins (or whatever you set the timer to) = standby.

That's a bit scaring tho, the PS4 doesn't support suspend like my Xbone does, am I right? Unless it does, in which case this is awesome news!
I mean, will it save a game every time before shutting down or can I keep playing from where I was once I turn it on again?

Sounds like you need a Vita!

Ahah, yeah let's add even more shit to my backlog pile-'o-shame! :p tho I do love offtv play on my WiiU....
But seriously, not interested in a Vita unless homebrew gets released and I can use it as the ultimate emulators handheld. Plus, seems I can do the same via the iPad?

Finally hit level 40 today, leveling a bit slower since I'm playing through Bayo1+2 as well, but it's hard to want to play just Bayo and I feel like always wanting to play D3 more at times and level up my Crusader lol. I'm really enjoying the gameplay, and they pack you with loot in this game which is awesome, even for the lower levels. I feel like I'm about to be closing on Act 2 soon, and I've really been liking all the Lore stuff so far too, even though I've seemed to have missed so many journals :(

...and this is why I always explore every nook and cranny until all the fog of war has been cleared off the map. I'm at the beginning of ACTIII myself, playing at Master, if you wanna coop hit me up at:
dashkap on PSN.

Raptor

Im at my fifth character to level 70 and I don't even know why Im fighting lol, some story about a fallen angel perhaps?

......oh and some Diablo lols.

HORRORSHØW

i'm half-certain the only way to beat 40 is if you luck out with a dense rift rife with act 1 mobs. forget about finishing on time if you get act 4 mobs.

ZenaxPure

Grimløck;136165783 said:
i'm half-certain the only way to beat 40 is if you luck out with a dense rift rife with act 1 mobs. forget about finishing on time if you get act 4 mobs.

There is absolutely a lot of luck involved once you get to that point. There is only ~170 Crusaders that have cleared GR40+ (highest clear is GR44) on the north american PC leaderboards. So yeah, it's certainly pretty fucking rough.

How do I survive the chubby guardian who oozes poison gas? No other guardians give us any trouble at all, but I can't survive the gas cloud, even with nearly 26k LoH. Poison resistance is on the low side at 1664. It just tears through my Diamond Skin and then drains me like a sieve. Is there a safe place to stand that I'm not noticing, or is my only option to duck in occasionally with a well-placed black hole and let the hydra do all the work? That'll take forever. =/

We usually play T5, where he gives me plenty of trouble already, but he just smoked me in a Grift 23.

Laconic

Banned
Grimløck;136165783 said:

And Conduit.

Do not forget the Conduit.

Raptor

How do I survive the chubby guardian who oozes poison gas? No other guardians give us any trouble at all, but I can't survive the gas cloud, even with nearly 26k LoH. Poison resistance is on the low side at 1664. It just tears through my Diamond Skin and then drains me like a sieve. Is there a safe place to stand that I'm not noticing, or is my only option to duck in occasionally with a well-placed black hole and let the hydra do all the work? That'll take forever. =/

We usually play T5, where he gives me plenty of trouble already, but he just smoked me in a Grift 23.

Have a Mara's Kaleidoscope handy on your bag when you will face him, problem solved :)

You can be at his face all day and nothing will happen to you.

joeblow

The stinky fat boss likes to follow you very closely, so just kite in a big circle lap (avoiding fumes) as you spam your offense and i should he easy peasy. Other than than, up your poison resistance to live longer.

Raptor

Don't have one, but I did consider that. You can't change gear mid-grift though, can you? It wouldn't even let us spend PP.

Oh for Greater Rift yeah you cant change skills, havent tried to change gear though but is logical that you cant either :(

I remember was in a GR with Helscream or Blacksalad but it was like 30 or 31 and that dude instakilled the moment I get there in reach of his stench lols.

The stinky fat boss likes to follow you very closely, so just kite in a big circle lap (avoiding fumes) as you spam your offense and i should he easy peasy. Other than than, up your poison resistance to live longer.
Trouble is, both of our builds are centered around keeping mobs locked down. That's why the other bosses usually don't give us much trouble. lol Also, my primary attack is Disintegrate. :p

The gas doesn't seem to be an issue early in the fight. Does it build up over time, or does it just take him a while to start using it? If it's the former, maybe we can try to shift the battle once the room we're in starts to get too stinky.

Laconic

Banned
Hmmm.

I just got a Storm Shield - first one I've seen since Vanilla.

I'm wondering how a 'Sader with one of these + a String would fair.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Grimløck;136165783 said:

You are correct that is why people at the top of the board use a DH to farm high level keys. Then go greater rift roulette until they get a good one to attempt. Can't remember where I read it but they use up to 30-40 keys to get a good rift.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Guys, I'm kind of curious about something. I was playing with my bro, Pons here on Gaf, a few hours ago. Right before he logged off for bed he mentioned that he merely does bounties to get rift stones and such. That's cool, I get that. But then he said that it's a good idea to do act 1 bounties since there is some specific ring (Ring of Royal Grandeur?) that drops only there.

I thought that any item had a chance to drop from any mob in this game, but that higher Torment levels had higher odds of better drops, and that running rifts/great rifts increased the odds even more so. Is that correct or am I misunderstanding? If that is the case how can this ring drop in act 1 only?

I played hundreds of hours of D1 & D2 but am still fairly new to D3 and it's MUCH more complicated than the previous entries in all the layers of complexity in regards to the end-game. I had a blast running through my first great rift with him and got some cool shit, but I'm just puzzled by what he said right before he logged and went to bed.

Thanks a ton for answering the dumb questions, guys!

Roboter

Neo Member
I thought that any item had a chance to drop from any mob in this game, but that higher Torment levels had higher odds of better drops, and that running rifts/great rifts increased the odds even more so. Is that correct or am I misunderstanding? If that is the case how can this ring drop in act 1 only?

There are legendaries that only drop from caches. Each act has it's own legendary list:
http://www.diablohub.com/database/sorting/bounty-bags

aember

I need some help! Is there any way to reset Paragon levels? I got uber boosted by some hacked players last night before I even realized what was up. :(

I've only started Rifting less than a week ago, and Greater Rifts are a complete science to me.

Last night I joined a pub for Grifts. Some dude dropped a 100 Grift key and, as someone who's mostly done 15s-18s, I thought "whoah, what's the limit on these?!". They instantly started up the Grift and off we went! In one Grift I went from 120 (legit) to like 210 or something. I thought it was cool and whatnot, hoped to have my char as badass as theirs, then after the Grift (it took about a minute) I found out they were hacked. I've been feeling fucking crushed since then.

LordAlu

Trouble is, both of our builds are centered around keeping mobs locked down. That's why the other bosses usually don't give us much trouble. lol Also, my primary attack is Disintegrate. :p

The gas doesn't seem to be an issue early in the fight. Does it build up over time, or does it just take him a while to start using it? If it's the former, maybe we can try to shift the battle once the room we're in starts to get too stinky.
Every time he "shakes" his body, he creates a gas cloud around himself, which stays for about two minutes? You can kite him out of that cloud but only do it just enough that it doesn't affect you, as he'll do another one pretty soon and the area you're in could get filled up with gas clouds pretty quickly, leaving you nowhere to go.

Raptor

Blacksalad and I were making it rain last night lol, I was dying a lot since Im leveling my wizard but I have to say, there is something really neat about this kind of stuff, seeing all that ice and fire rain at the same time was awesome lol, thanks man for the stuff.

Thanks naughtyprawn for the TF :)

Pons

Neo Member
Guys, I'm kind of curious about something. I was playing with my bro, Pons here on Gaf, a few hours ago. Right before he logged off for bed he mentioned that he merely does bounties to get rift stones and such. That's cool, I get that. But then he said that it's a good idea to do act 1 bounties since there is some specific ring (Ring of Royal Grandeur?) that drops only there.

I played hundreds of hours of D1 & D2 but am still fairly new to D3 and it's MUCH more complicated than the previous entries in all the layers of complexity in regards to the end-game. I had a blast running through my first great rift with him and got some cool shit, but I'm just puzzled by what he said right before he logged and went to bed.

Thanks a ton for answering the dumb questions, guys!

Horse, Roboter above already answered your question about the Bounty cache's including a link of the cache specific legendaries which is useful, to clarify the bounty cache legendaries drop rate also goes up based on the torment level, up to 100 pct guaranteed legendary from cache at torment 6.

Something I wanted to explain about rifts / grifts after our play session last night Horse. Rifts have an increased leg drop rate from anything else, as well as increase drop rate based on the torment lvl. So basically, the higher the torment the higher the drop rate, and rift drop rate > any other drop rate (story or bounty etc).

As far as your understanding of greater rifts and rifts. I run rifts to get blood shards and leg drops. I'm usually pretty thorough and clear them out even past the rift boss. When playing with others, I will do whatever the group does, sometimes they clear, sometimes they port out after boss, close rift, reopen.

Greater rifts serve a different function and I handle differently, its all about clearing as fast as possible since no loot drops except for on boss. Different grift levels have different mob density. There is not really a point to being thorough and clearing every nook and cranny. Especially if you are on grift level with shitty mob density. If you come across the level exit, but have half the map unexplored, just take it and move to the next level in the interest of speed.

As far as keys/gems from the grift reward. I do keys until I can't do keys anymore (run out of time) since the Grift boss has such a good legendary drop rate. At that point I then upgrade the legendary gems Ive gotten.

If you have any questions or I can clarify anything Horse, just holler at me on here or via text.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Horse, Roboter above already answered your question about the Bounty cache's including a link of the cache specific legendaries which is useful, to clarify the bounty cache legendaries drop rate also goes up based on the torment level, up to 100 pct guaranteed legendary from cache at torment 6.

Something I wanted to explain about rifts / grifts after our play session last night Horse. Rifts have an increased leg drop rate from anything else, as well as increase drop rate based on the torment lvl. So basically, the higher the torment the higher the drop rate, and rift drop rate > any other drop rate (story or bounty etc).

As far as your understanding of greater rifts and rifts. I run rifts to get blood shards and leg drops. I'm usually pretty thorough and clear them out even past the rift boss. When playing with others, I will do whatever the group does, sometimes they clear, sometimes they port out after boss, close rift, reopen.

Greater rifts serve a different function and I handle differently, its all about clearing as fast as possible since no loot drops except for on boss. Different grift levels have different mob density. There is not really a point to being thorough and clearing every nook and cranny. Especially if you are on grift level with shitty mob density. If you come across the level exit, but have half the map unexplored, just take it and move to the next level in the interest of speed.

As far as keys/gems from the grift reward. I do keys until I can't do keys anymore (run out of time) since the Grift boss has such a good legendary drop rate. At that point I then upgrade the legendary gems Ive gotten.

If you have any questions or I can clarify anything Horse, just holler at me on here or via text.
Thanks, dude. I'm sure the replies to my post will be most helpful to the various noobs in the thread.

I don't know why I waited to pick this up when it was released in August. Tyreal knows how much I played 1&2!

Every time he "shakes" his body, he creates a gas cloud around himself, which stays for about two minutes? You can kite him out of that cloud but only do it just enough that it doesn't affect you, as he'll do another one pretty soon and the area you're in could get filled up with gas clouds pretty quickly, leaving you nowhere to go.
That's actually super helpful. So basically, once he farts, I can just back up 15-20 yards, and have the barb ease up on him a bit so he can move himself back in to range of my Disintegrate? Then just rinse and repeat while avoiding painting ourselves in to a corner?

Well it took 190 paragon levels but I think my wizard finally have become a monster. Got the final piece I needed for full set bonus on fire bird today and now he can tear through T5 solo no problem. Loved playing tonight with a soundtrack playing with the patch as well, love this game :)

LordAlu

That's actually super helpful. So basically, once he farts, I can just back up 15-20 yards, and have the barb ease up on him a bit so he can move himself back in to range of my Disintegrate? Then just rinse and repeat while avoiding painting ourselves in to a corner?
Yep, backup and kite him out of the gas cloud. I'd also recommend you try and take him on from behind if possible, as he also has a puking kind of attack that really hits hard.

Top Bottom