• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

turnbuckle

I only use it for bosses or for when things get pretty hectic, damage goes up really good.

I have a question, how do I know the bane of the trapped gem is proccing?

With MIranae yuo can see the ray of light, with taeguk there is an icon showing is proccing, same with Gogok, but with Trapped one I cant see it.

Is there a proc on bane of the trapped or does it automatically apply to impaired mobs? If it's automatic like I think, I wouldn't expect their to be a proc notification.

Kind of like the shield glare with the 20% damage rune for crusaders. You know it's working only because the enemies are blinded. Going by that, I'd assume bane of the trapped is affecting any impaired mobs.

If you mean the increased damage part, your damage numbers will obviously be higher than if you don't have it equipped, but, really anytime the enemy is under a control impairing effect (slows, stuns, fears, etc.) it is working.

That's what I was trying to say with a few too many words. You beat me to it anyways :p

Raptor

Oh ok then, that's what I imagined but wanted confirmation, was rolling WD last night with that and Enforced but since I didn't see anything I changed with pain Enhancer lol and noted more damage on crits so I left it.

Im trying to buid the rain of frogs build and Trapped, Enhancer and Enforcer is what is advised to use.

Well for what it's worth only 1 of the horrify runes actually fears now anyway. The rest of them just lock the enemy into place unable to move, which is really OP.
So does that Phobia rune then proc the Loop?

The rank 25 effect? It puts the generic "slow" effect below enemy models (it looks like pulsing blue lines). If you mean the increased damage part, your damage numbers will obviously be higher than if you don't have it equipped, but, really anytime the enemy is under a control impairing effect (slows, stuns, fears, etc.) it is working.
If you're wearing the Bane, does it matter who applied the CC? Would Barbie benefit from my Flux?

ZenaxPure

So does that Phobia rune then proc the Loop?

Dunno about the phobia rune. To be honest it's hard to justify using it on a Witch Doctor because they are the one class in the game that has more than 3 powerful ring options anyway. TMF is incredibly powerful and Zuni has some niche uses. Even if that rune does proc it it's not really worth the sacrifice.

As for Trapped, it doesn't matter who applied the slow, but, the thing about it is having Trapped really diminishes the usefulness of stuff like Flux (and other slows) anyway since you gain a slowing aura at rank 25. A melee character with Trapped is just going to automatically slow everything they are near anyway.

Voidance

incredibly important.

I use to have the enchantress as my follower as i like her chicken hex - i then was running T4/5 so i use the templar as he can heal you and it's pretty important that he can do that.

Whenever you are getting rid of one of your own weapons then just give it to them.

I also got the invulnerability token for my follower...but it was for the damn scoundrel, not the templar. If you use that with unity rings for both of you, you will get a 50% damage reduction i believe.
Did 2.1 fix the bug on consoles that occasionally wipes the gear off your follower if you have someone drop in your game?

I lost so many decent items this way, I decided to leave the follower at camp. If they fixed this, great!

ZenaxPure

Got posted in the PC thread but not here yet, there is a 100% gold find/XP buff for the entire weekend for both console and PC. Time to put those boon of the hoarders to use.

h3ro

Got posted in the PC thread but not here yet, there is a 100% gold find/XP buff for the entire weekend for both console and PC. Time to put those boon of the hoarders to use.

When does it start? Hopefully today because I'm out of town this weekend! All those paragon points!

Raptor

Already have 600 million, but I could use a XP boost for my WD and the last 5 levels of my DH.

Also Paragon galore maybe I could rack a hundred paragon in the weekend.

ZenaxPure

When does it start? Hopefully today because I'm out of town this weekend! All those paragon points!

"This bonus Gold Find and Experience period begins in the Americas region on Friday, October 31 at 12:00 a.m. PDT and ends on Monday, November 3 at 11:59 p.m. PST."

According to the thing for consoles it will start at that time no matter what region you are in.

Also Paragon galore maybe I could rack a hundred paragon in the weekend.

This is my plan. I have a gold find set on my monk so I am just going to put that on and grind t6 rifts for gold/xp. Need to gamble for a pair of the bracers that give XP for gold picked up though. Maybe level my boon of the hoarder a bit more too.

Quick question with the Crusader Skills:
The Utility skills, what is the best one to use? I normally stick with the Bowman Phalanx since I have a decent cool down on it and they seem to do good damage.

What do most people run with?

Raptor

"This bonus Gold Find and Experience period begins in the Americas region on Friday, October 31 at 12:00 a.m. PDT and ends on Monday, November 3 at 11:59 p.m. PST."

According to the thing for consoles it will start at that time no matter what region you are in.

This is my plan. I have a gold find set on my monk so I am just going to put that on and grind t6 rifts for gold/xp. Need to gamble for a pair of the bracers that give XP for gold picked up though. Maybe level my boon of the hoarder a bit more too.

If I put a Ruby on a Leorics Crown the XP will be through de roof.

Dalek

I'm sure this has been posted a billion times, but this thread is so big, so I really apologize in advance-but how does Remote Play perform for this on Vita/PS4? I'm going to my in-laws for the weekend and going to be bored our of my skull-I'd much rather be able remotely play Diablo.

I'm sure this has been posted a billion times, but this thread is so big, so I really apologize in advance-but how does Remote Play perform for this on Vita/PS4? I'm going to my in-laws for the weekend and going to be bored our of my skull-I'd much rather be able remotely play Diablo.
Works fine as long as your internet connection is good.

Raptor

Got a Storm Crow on T1 lol, not even L70, welll close enough, Im L67

The Sithlord build is taking form, I have a StormCrow, and lightning damage up to 50% now, T1 is easy now, will go to T2 I think.

Need a Mykken ball of hate so if anyones have an extra throw it this way :)

FireCloud

I'm in the middle of Act V and the soundtrack is incredible. The music in Acts I-IV was good but not to the point that it was noticeable.

Just reached Lvl 70 with my first character (a Crusader) and really enjoying the game. I've been playing in smaller segments to stretch out the game; usually leveling up about 5 times per session.

Once I finish the main story, is there a lot to keep you coming back? I've just now started earning Paragon points....that's cool. I can see how that will allow me to customize my character beyond equipment.

Is the consensus that the are rifts entertaining enough to keep one interested or should I enjoy what little of the main story I have left? I do plan on playing other characters, is the main story different for each character?

Paganmoon

The game "starts" after you finish story mode, with bounties, rifts, greater rifts and so on. Gearing up and testing your limits with the torment levels to begin with and Greater rifts after is what makes the game fun.

And the RoS soundtrack is awesome, my fave is Chains of Fate

ZenaxPure

Is the consensus that the are rifts entertaining enough to keep one interested or should I enjoy what little of the main story I have left? I do plan on playing other characters, is the main story different for each character?

I've ran 3,146 rifts as of this post, if you enjoy the combat of the game and messing with different builds/item combinations you can spend a shit load of time on the game, way more than the story mode. That said I am a sucker for randomized dungeons in general and the only place the story mode has actual random areas is act 5 so I enjoy rifts more on that principle alone. Some of the layouts I've seen in that time have been hilarious/awesome.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Finally finished a 38 grift solo last night with no pylons or unity. That extra CHD not using unity seemed to really help. Hopefully can find a near 100% leorics helm then I might be able to ditch cooldown on my soj for more CHD.

Question what would give more damage 6% chc or 15% skill damage? The skill is at 35% right now and chc is 49% and chd is 420. This is stampede build with PE,Trapped and Tear drop. Wish I could have both but really need vitality on the helmet or my HP drops 270k range vs 330k range with vit on helmet. I was thinking dropping strength instead but 730 or so is just to much to give up.

Another question on my furnace it is in the 3650 range with 10% cooldown and 8% damage. The str is little low at 970 range but I was thinking of rerolling the secondary which right now bonus exp for chance at freeze. And hopefully find a belt I can also roll freeze on so can stack it. I don't think I can squeeze to much more DPS out of it so why looking at getting best secondary possible. Was thinking stacking freeze in the long run much better than 50-100 raw dps or 150 str.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Wouldn't a CHD increase on weapon would be better?

I found out that the best weapons are the ones that roll +130% CHD

Yes it would but the furnace already has a socket hence my tough decision. I should of said that so socket,10% cooldown and 8% damage.

HORRORSHØW

Finally finished a 38 grift solo last night with no pylons or unity. That extra CHD not using unity seemed to really help. Hopefully can find a near 100% leorics helm then I might be able to ditch cooldown on my soj for more CHD.

Question what would give more damage 6% chc or 15% skill damage? The skill is at 35% right now and chc is 49% and chd is 420. This is stampede build with PE,Trapped and Tear drop. Wish I could have both but really need vitality on the helmet or my HP drops 270k range vs 330k range with vit on helmet. I was thinking dropping strength instead but 730 or so is just to much to give up.

Another question on my furnace it is in the 3650 range with 10% cooldown and 8% damage. The str is little low at 970 range but I was thinking of rerolling the secondary which right now bonus exp for chance at freeze. And hopefully find a belt I can also roll freeze on so can stack it. I don't think I can squeeze to much more DPS out of it so why looking at getting best secondary possible. Was thinking stacking freeze in the long run much better than 50-100 raw dps or 150 str.
you have a way better furnace than me--i can use either %dmg or cdr (i reroll back and forth to see which is better for me) and your chc is at a higher percentage than mine. have you tried using gogok over mirinae? that's what got me past 39. to answer your question re:freeze, i'm not sure how much it'll help since your primary attack is going to crowd control and your follower should also be offering some cc.

turnbuckle

If this rolled a socket, I would strongly recommend rolling off the socket for another primary affix and then using a gift on your weapon to get the socket back.

Secondary CC skills on weapons - especially on slow 2-handers - are just not very good; especially when you consider proc rates on certain skills.

I believe the proc rate for stampede is 33.3%
Even if you have 10% chance to freeze, that's basically only a 3.3% chance to freeze per attack.

I'm not sure if it's available, but if you can roll for wrath regen on that socket you'd be much better off. If that's not available, rolling for reduced resource cost would be a nice alternative too. Stampede costs 30 wrath normally; the closer you're able to getting your crusader to having permanent Champion + never (or very very rarely) running out of wrath for stampede the better.

If you really want to just roll on secondary though, I'd recommend knockback over freezing. Knockback + strongarm bracers. The affix for increasing damage (20-30%) to enemies knocked back for 5 seconds is pretty great.

Others may have different and better ideas, but that's my $.02 :)

How's the player population of this game on Xbox One and PS4? I own a PS4 right now but also getting an Xbox One soon. I don't have my PS4 with me in Toronto so I'm wondering if it's still worth it to get it on Xbox instead.

Paganmoon

How's the player population of this game on Xbox One and PS4? I own a PS4 right now but also getting an Xbox One soon. I don't have my PS4 with me in Toronto so I'm wondering if it's still worth it to get it on Xbox instead.

Going by GAF, PS4 has a higher population. Seems at least most people active in this thread are PS4 players.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Enchanting Hotfix [Updated, October 31]

B1UIT6jCYAA7tAW.png:large

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/14926873415

Hugstable

Banned
Oh boy, I beat Act V and leveled up to level 70, and now I just learned I can keep on leveling with Paragon levels!? Holy crap this game is gonna get addicting. Don't really know much of what's going on with this adventure mode, but I'm guessing it's an easier way to get EXP? Also if I decide to roll another character, should I take him on the regular game again or would he be able to do adventure mode as well? Is adventure mode a faster way of leveling? Felt pretty good finishing off the game today though, beat all of Act V on Master, and stepped it up to Torment I for my first Bounty that I tried out and it went well, takes alot longer for me to kill things though.

ZenaxPure

Wow, very good on them for fixing this pretty big bug. I honestly didn't expect to get that much support on consoles. Kind of excited to see what the next patch will bring. Maybe some more goodies other than the gem change.

There is a fair amount of hotfixes that has happened on PC since the console patch came out, will be interesting to see what other changes they patch in on console.

The gem that increases pet damage works with the hydra right?

What is the main damage dealer for a fire wizard? Working on this now using disintegrate.

The gem that increases pet damage works with the hydra right?

What is the main damage dealer for a fire wizard? Working on this now using disintegrate.

If you've got a Mirrorball, then Magic Missile (Congflagrate Rune) is solid. Otherwise, Mammoth Hydra, Meteor (Molten Impact), or Blizzard (Apocalypse). I tend not to use Disintegrate with my fire build, instead relying on Magic Missile and Meteor, which I stopped using in favor of Blizzard at the moment.

If you've got a Mirrorball, then Magic Missile (Congflagrate Rune) is solid. Otherwise, Mammoth Hydra, Meteor (Molten Impact), or Blizzard (Apocalypse). I tend not to use Disintegrate with my fire build, instead relying on Magic Missile and Meteor, which I stopped using in favor of Blizzard at the moment.
No mirror ball as yet. Not using any primary skills atm.

I'm dying for a serpent wand thing and I got two pieces of the fire armour..the problem is one piece is the orb and its so much less powerful than my myrkans ball of hate.

No mirror ball as yet. Not using any primary skills atm.

I'm dying for a serpent wand thing and I got two pieces of the fire armour..the problem is one piece is the orb and its so much less powerful than my myrkans ball of hate.

Once you have have the full Firebird set (or 5 plus a RoRG) you can just spam Blizzard (Apocalypse) and throw out a Hydra, then run around watching things melt.

Raptor

Once you have have the full Firebird set (or 5 plus a RoRG) you can just spam Blizzard (Apocalypse) and throw out a Hydra, then run around watching things melt.

This is exactly what Im trying to do because to be honest lightining build I aint doing much of damage at all, I have 2 firebirds pieces now and I do have a mirrorball with try that MM with conflagarate you say?

Sorry turnbuckle I had to quit that session since I was having lots of lag that sometimes I could barely move lol.

As usual you gave me luck since kadala gave me the firebird pants :O

Raptor

Im getting a little desperate because I cant seem to reach the greatness of my Monk and its 100 mill crits with another class, T6 was a joke with that beast.

Now I think I will persue a Cold Wizard with Azurewrath + Mirrorball or maybe Rimeheart, the one that gives me more damage.

dralla

This dude I work with is a cheater and he's always entering my games and I said I'm not into the cheating thing but he doesn't listen. He joined my game during a greater rift and he was destroying everything and it leveled me up like 10 paragon levels and I feel dirty. I quit the game once I noticed what was happening. I want to give them back.

Anyway. I still not luck on the items I'm looking for. I'm beginning to wonder oi the Stone of Jordan really exists. No Darklight either. Unfortunately I'm gonna be busy the rest of the weekend and I'm gonna miss out on double XP and gold. I could really use the gold too, I wanna make more gems. Someone told me the Treasure Realm won't appear inside a rift, you had to be on a bounty/adventure mode? Is that true?

Raptor

This dude I work with is a cheater and he's always entering my games and I said I'm not into the cheating thing but he doesn't listen. He joined my game during a greater rift and he was destroying everything and it leveled me up like 10 paragon levels and I feel dirty. I quit the game once I noticed what was happening. I want to give them back.

Anyway. I still not luck on the items I'm looking for. I'm beginning to wonder oi the Stone of Jordan really exists. No Darklight either. Unfortunately I'm gonna be busy the rest of the weekend and I'm gonna miss out on double XP and gold. I could really use the gold too, I wanna make more gems. Someone told me the Treasure Realm won't appear inside a rift, you had to be on a bounty/adventure mode? Is that true?
Normal Rift yes
Greater Rift no.

thenexus6

So, I just killed this rainbow goblin and am now in a rainbow world.. pretty cool. I feel like i've been here for hours so theres many ways to go. Do you actually get anything out of it or is it just the same thing over and over? I have been making these clouds smiles so I guess I have to do all those for something?

Well, if it makes you feel any better, 10 paragon levels really don't make that much difference. ;)

Anyway, that dude sounds like a punk. Maybe unfriend him?

This is exactly what Im trying to do because to be honest lightining build I aint doing much of damage at all, I have 2 firebirds pieces now and I do have a mirrorball with try that MM with conflagarate you say?

Sorry turnbuckle I had to quit that session since I was having lots of lag that sometimes I could barely move lol.

As usual you gave me luck since kadala gave me the firebird pants :O

Yeah, Mirrorball gives you up to 2 extra missiles with MM, for a total of 3. This basically triples your DPS from MM alone.

My Firebird build with MM (which doesn't have the full set bonus since I use RoRG and my 5th piece is the off hand):

Magic Missile (Congflagrate)
Metor (Molten Impact) or Blizzard (Apocalypse)
Black Hole (Event Horizon to counter certain affixes or Blazar for pure Fire) or Slow Time (Point of No Return)
Mirror Image (Mimics)
Energy Armor (Prismatic Armor)
Magic Weapon (Force Weapon)

Passives:
Illusionist
Evocation
Glass Cannon
Arcane Dynamo (if using Meteor), Conflagration, or Galvanizing Ward

Mirror Images are great because they'll cast Black Holes for additional CC and Mimics makes it so they actually do a small percentage of your total damage.

I have the entire Firebird set.

And I'm bored.

What is the build?

Blizzard (Apocalypse)
Hydra (Mammoth Hydra)
Magic Weapon (Force Weapon)
Black Hole (Blazar)
Teleport (Wormhole) or Mirror Image (Mimics)
Energy Armor (Prismatic Armor)

Passives:
Blur
Glass Cannon
Unstable Anomaly
Conflagration

Blizzard and Hydra are a must, feel free to play around and try other skills/passives.

Oh Crap, I joined a game through quick match and stepped away from my ps4 for a few minutes. Turns out it was fun of hackers, I went from paragon 90 to 500 and got over 200 million gold in a few min. Any chance of getting banned or do I just consider myself lucky?

Top Bottom