• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Hugstable

Banned
Been playing alot of adventure mode since I beat the game and am already Paragon level 52, and just now had my first experience with the online coop! The enemies in Torment II went down so easily, I probably could have bumped it up to III, but I have trouble trying to solo II as it is, and even then I kill everything pretty slowly. Loving my Crusader though, Blessed Hammer is boss. I still haven't decided on which skill I want to always use between Phalanx Archers and Condemn. Condemn is nice though whenever I get surrounded by tons of crap. Thanks for all the help Spatenfloot, we steamrolled through enemies haha. That Arrow Rain attack you have is badass.

Well, a Serpent's Sparker just dropped for me in T4. It came with a socket, too! It also has 13,000 Life on Hit, should I replace it with something else? None of the available options look very enticing. I guess I could reroll the damage type for better numbers.

What is the better option - ruby socketed in my weapon or in my armor?

An Emerald socketed in your weapon is much better. If your character is STR based, put rubies in your armor. However, if you are playing a low level character, then a ruby in the weapon is fine.

Danneee

An Emerald socketed in your weapon is much better. If your character is STR based, put rubies in your armor. However, if you are playing a low level character, then a ruby in the weapon is fine.

Crusader paragon lvl 75. I want to raise my damage output and optimize gem placement so if I put a better quality ruby in my weapon instead of my chest armor my damage output should go up?

Is there an easy way to show my build and get feedback.

Crusader paragon lvl 75. I want to raise my damage output and optimize gem placement so if I put a better quality ruby in my weapon instead of my chest armor my damage output should go up?

Is there an easy way to show my build and get feedback.

To increase DPS, it's better to get your Crit chance and crit damage up. Rubies in your armor will give you more STR and help increase your DPS. Console players can't simply link their battle net profile Like PC players can, so screenshots of your gear will have to do. You can also just list your skills and we can recommend gear to complement them.

Number45

This dude I work with is a cheater and he's always entering my games and I said I'm not into the cheating thing but he doesn't listen. He joined my game during a greater rift and he was destroying everything and it leveled me up like 10 paragon levels and I feel dirty. I quit the game once I noticed what was happening. I want to give them back.
Either remove him from friends and set your games to friends only, or just set your games to invite only. Personally I'd go for option 1, doesn't sound like someone you want to play games with often.

Hugstable

Banned
No problem. My demon hunter doesn't have the best gear, but she is still fun to play.

Haha I'm still sad I died so much on that second Greater Rift we ran and missed killing the boss by like 2 minutes :(. Thought it wouldn't get too bad when I bumped it up to Torment III since we were whooping 2 together, but those monsters made Mincemeat of me lol.

BTW If anyone ever wants to do Rift runs or Bounties lemme know! I'm Paragon level 56 Crusader and I've been mostly playing at Torment II recently.

Well, a Serpent's Sparker just dropped for me in T4. It came with a socket, too! It also has 1300 Life on Hit, should I replace it with something else? None of the available options look very enticing. I guess I could reroll the damage type for better numbers.
If you have a Gift, you can roll off the socket and reapply it with the Gift, giving you a 5th primary affix on it.

Edit: Is it really only 1300 LoH? Seems low.

Hugstable

Banned
Hey how do I ever go about checking my Paragon Portrait. I saw in the PC version they always have it displayed, but I've never been able to find it in game outside of the brief second it flashes on the screen when I get a new one. -___-

What can we expect from the future of Diablo UEE? Is Blizzard going to continue to support it with content? Is it usually a "one and done" sort of thing with expansions or can we expect more?

What can we expect from the future of Diablo UEE? Is Blizzard going to continue to support it with content? Is it usually a "one and done" sort of thing with expansions or can we expect more?

I don't think there's going to be another expansion, but the PS4/XB1 versions will continue getting the same patches the PC version does.

In other news, I got Firebird Downs (with two sockets and All Res) and a Tal Rasha's Ammy. I can now switch out the Firebird off hand to use Mirrorball and MM again, but that would mean giving up +20% Fire Damage. Mirrorball is a lot of fun to use, but my current Blizzard (Apocalypse) and Blizzard build is pretty awesome.

HORRORSHØW

cutting it pretty close. wishing the dot would tick a little faster.
B1f4GmrCQAERnaM.jpg

gioGAF

Oh Crap, I joined a game through quick match and stepped away from my ps4 for a few minutes. Turns out it was fun of hackers, I went from paragon 90 to 500 and got over 200 million gold in a few min. Any chance of getting banned or do I just consider myself lucky?
Lol, this is crap. You did not join a game "for a few minutes" and level 410 paragon levels. How long was a few minutes? 5 hours? You have to actively participate in the Greater Rifts to get the xp and level up. If you joined a match with hackers and went up 410 paragon levels, you participated willingly. You have to accept entering the Greater Rift, you have to take part in the trial to obtain the key.

I think it is perfectly fine if you took part in a "hacked" game, but making up some bs about how it happened to you inadvertently when you stepped away is just horseshit.

Paganmoon

Grimløck;137117521 said:
ok. finally soloed 40 with the help of a conduit and channeling pylon.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1gJ9VoCAAAsMgG.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Grats, but damn it, with a good elite spawn I can max do a Grift 33 solo, I feel so much like a scrub....

quest

Not Banned from OT
Grats, but damn it, with a good elite spawn I can max do a Grift 33 solo, I feel so much like a scrub....

I would not feel to bad. Greater rifts are pretty rough depending on class and build 33 is very respectable. To get in the mid 30's or higher it is really BiS with great rolls and a top rift class/builds. My shotgun build with many GG items was limited to about 33 like you. Just take to much damage in melee range. Stampede with equal level gear I topped out at 38.

quest

Not Banned from OT
I don't think there's going to be another expansion, but the PS4/XB1 versions will continue getting the same patches the PC version does.

In other news, I got Firebird Downs (with two sockets and All Res) and a Tal Rasha's Ammy. I can now switch out the Firebird off hand to use Mirrorball and MM again, but that would mean giving up +20% Fire Damage. Mirrorball is a lot of fun to use, but my current Blizzard (Apocalypse) and Blizzard build is pretty awesome.

I disagree there will be at least 1 more expansion. It is just to much money to leave on the table. I just can't see any publisher leaving a ton of money on the table these days. ROS sold very well and I am sure any future expansion will also sell great. I can see something announced this spring with a fall 2015 launch.

turnbuckle

I disagree there will be at least 1 more expansion. It is just to much money to leave on the table. I just can't see any publisher leaving a ton of money on the table these days. ROS sold very well and I am sure any future expansion will also sell great. I can see something announced this spring with a fall 2015 launch.

Yeah, I highly doubt Reaper of Souls is the last expansion. It's extremely successful and has done a lot for washing off the errors of vanilla D3.

We've already seen people double-triple dip on vanilla and reaper. All they need to keep doing is release the PC version 6 months to a year ahead of the console to keep that dual revenue stream going. Of course, I wish the console version was at constant parity with PC but that's just not gonna happen.

Can anyone recommend this game to a complete gaming neophyte?

I want to purchase a PS4 along with D3, but I'd like to know how noob-friendly it is for a potential co-op partner who's only played Mario.

ZenaxPure

I've just always assumed it would be Skovos isle stuff. Seems weird that the location would be on the in-game world map and there is the conversation with Tyrael about losing contact with the Horadrim there but they never do anything with it.

Also I doubt there would be a 2015 release for it. This is blizzard we are talking about dude. The company that leaves WoW expansions hanging on a single raid patch for around a year and even with D3 Reaper of Souls, they launched the game on PC in March and then 2.1 came out 5 months later and the only new content in it was legendary gems and greater rifts (and on PC seasons, but, there is nothing unique about the season that would require 5 months of work). If there is another expansion I'd expect 2016 at the earliest.

Raptor

I think I found my second fav class, Sentry Demon Hunter is just pure insanity, when I was playing with Sil, Helscream and crazye I wasnt doing shit because I was just testing the class, well after I got my gear in place and checked for some builds I made one and HOLY SHIT!!

T5 is easy, T6 is doable easy but I die at least 2 times, but once you put them sentries in place you just watch the carnage, them using expenders is insanity man, is beautiful!!

Love it, now I will hunt for my T&T gloves and a Etrayu or a Hellrack, Kridershot :p

Woorloog

Banned
Why is the game so slow on 360? It is as if everything happens in slow motion... a bug or something?
Definitively isn't normal.

EDIT Huh, the issues seems to be gone after visiting main menu.

HORRORSHØW

Love it, now I will hunt for my T&T gloves and a Etrayu or a Hellrack, Kridershot :p
i think you want a helltrapper, not a hellrack, and those are farmable from act 5 caches so you can get some great rolls. helltrapper's only necessary if you decide to use electric ball, and if you do use electric ball you're going to want to pair it with meticulous bolts.

turnbuckle

Was able to get several levels of paragon over the weekend mostly through having my friend melt everything with his wizard. I'm liking the stampede build for my crusader but I need upgrades in a few places...yet, I don't think there's a chance I'll ever come close to clearing Torment VI rifts as quickly as he does.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Was able to get several levels of paragon over the weekend mostly through having my friend melt everything with his wizard. I'm liking the stampede build for my crusader but I need upgrades in a few places...yet, I don't think there's a chance I'll ever come close to clearing Torment VI rifts as quickly as he does.

Once you are geared up fully T6 will be as fast as density. Killing elites in couple seconds and taking out a lot of trash per cast. Add in steed and insanely fast clear times.

Raptor

Grimløck;137191840 said:
i think you want a helltrapper, not a hellrack, and those are farmable from act 5 caches so you can get some great rolls. helltrapper's only necessary if you decide to use electric ball, and if you do use electric ball you're going to want to pair it with meticulous bolts.

Helltrapper you say?

Farmable on Act 5 caches?

Hell yes will farm it, chance to summon a sentry? oh my.

I got 30 Paragons this weekend, :p

Sorry you missed the vault Krayzee. I usually invite people from my friend list when one opens up. PSN needs to fix the messaging service soon.

Krayzie

I got 30 Paragons this weekend, :p

I got almost 50. heheheheheh :D

Sorry you missed the vault Krayzee. I usually invite people from my friend list when one opens up. PSN needs to fix the messaging service soon.

Hey no worries man, thanks to the boon of the hoarder+ 100% gold increase event, I'm sitting at almost 700 million now. Was at 400+ before the event.

Yea the messaging is completely haywire. Really starting to test my patience.

duxstar

I don't understand any of this ....... I hope it becomes more clear when you play the game =[, planned on picking this up for awhile and decided i would when it was a part of the target B2G1 free deal.

Calabi

I just encountered near twenty treasure goblins. I thought they were illusions or something but nope they were all trying to port out and dropped two legendaries and a shit ton of loot. I dont think I even caught them all.

Raptor

I don't understand any of this ....... I hope it becomes more clear when you play the game =[, planned on picking this up for awhile and decided i would when it was a part of the target B2G1 free deal.

After you clear the campaign and reach level 70 it will become more clear, or maybe you understand it right away, I don't understand lots of it still and I have been playing since it came out.

Don't worry too much. When you play through story mode, just pick a class that looks cool and use the skills that seem the most fun to you. Worry about builds and optimizing gear once you hit 70. And play with GAF for best results!

I think I found my second fav class, Sentry Demon Hunter is just pure insanity, when I was playing with Sil, Helscream and crazye I wasnt doing shit because I was just testing the class, well after I got my gear in place and checked for some builds I made one and HOLY SHIT!!

T5 is easy, T6 is doable easy but I die at least 2 times, but once you put them sentries in place you just watch the carnage, them using expenders is insanity man, is beautiful!!

How is a sentry build viable for rifts? I love sentries, however doesnt the speed requirement of GRIFTS mean that Sentry and Wizard Hydra builds are kinda out of the question?

Baliis

How is a sentry build viable for rifts? I love sentries, however doesnt the speed requirement of GRIFTS mean that Sentry and Wizard Hydra builds are kinda out of the question?

Sentries are probably the strongest thing in the game right now, with blizzard/hydra wizards also being super powerful. The six set bonuses for DH and wiz are insanely good.

Sentries are probably the strongest thing in the game right now, with blizzard/hydra wizards also being super powerful. The six set bonuses for DH and wiz are insanely good.

I understand, but i thought with GRIFTS you have to be constantly moving forward, so you cant just throw down sentries and wait right?

I had a sentry build for my DH (pre patch) and used this and a lot of traps, i could kill people but just not at the speed you need to maximise grifts.

ZenaxPure

I understand, but i thought with GRIFTS you have to be constantly moving forward, so you cant just throw down sentries and wait right?

I had a sentry build for my DH (pre patch) and used this and a lot of traps, i could kill people but just not at the speed you need to maximise grifts.

Honestly not entirely sure how it works on console since on PC your sentries go exactly where your mouse cursor is which lets you constantly place them off the screen in the direction you want to move in.

But generally you are trying to kite a bunch of enemies into a spot where your sentries are and they unload on them. That said though, even with only 1 or 2 sentries out you can do some ridiculous damage. Marauder causes sentries to shoot your hatred spenders and with enough attack speed your sentries will attack 5 times per second, which means with 4-5 sentries out on like an elite pack or a rift guardian you are using stuff like cluster arrow/multishot literally 20-25 times a second. And your sentries are doing way more damage than you because of stuff like the enforcer leg gem and them gaining the benefit of +sentry skill damage and skill damage for the actual spenders they are using.

I picked this up on Saturday and jumped straight onto expert with a Crusader. The game has been a blast and I've managed to get to level 63 by the end of act 2. Love ir!

im scared to go back to my Wizard. My Crusader is plateauing at GR25. I just cant get higher with my build.

With my wizard..i have no idea what i should be doing as i dont have any great items at all yet. Any tips on a non-item specific build until i get some decent sets would be helpful..

Woorloog

Banned
Did the 2.1 patch for consoles (well, those consoles that got the patch) add the class changes too?
Or just the new features, greater rifts and such?
Blizzard's patch notes for console are awful.
(Asking out of curiosity.)

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Did the 2.1 patch for consoles (well, those consoles that got the patch) add the class changes too?
Or just the new features, greater rifts and such?
Blizzard's patch notes for console are awful.
(Asking out of curiosity.)

Yes, everything except leaderboards and seasons.

Top Bottom