• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

HF2014

Did the 2.1 patch for consoles (well, those consoles that got the patch) add the class changes too?
Or just the new features, greater rifts and such?
Blizzard's patch notes for console are awful.
(Asking out of curiosity.)

It add everying from pc, except the season mode. Its a must. Get it! All upcoming patch from pc will come to ps4 and x1. But dont buy it if yiu got a last gen console, blizzard said they wont support last gen.

Raptor

How is a sentry build viable for rifts? I love sentries, however doesnt the speed requirement of GRIFTS mean that Sentry and Wizard Hydra builds are kinda out of the question?

It clears rooms in no time placing one or two sentries, and like ZenaxPure explained the damage with the full Marauder set is insane, sentries attacks as such speed is a wonder to see lol.

Haven't tried a greater rift yet since Im still tunning the build but I can clear T6 without much trouble at all.

In fact I thought my monk was powerfull but this DH is even more powerfull at making damage.
You got mail.
Sent you 1 each of the weapons :)

:O

Thank you man :p

Woorloog

Banned
It add everying from pc, except the season mode. Its a must. Get it! All upcoming patch from pc will come to ps4 and x1. But dont buy it if yiu got a last gen console, blizzard said they wont support last gen.

I already have the 360 version. Don't have Xbone nor PS4 (and personally not buying either one either, though my brother might get PS4)
Just asked because Blizzard's forum post was so unclear about this..

quest

Not Banned from OT
Grimløck;137263657 said:
beat 42. got crushed in 43. shit's too hard.

B1lB76eCMAAZXi2.jpg

That is just amazing congrats on beating 42. I have not messed with greater rifts lately. Was trying to grind out paragon levels this weekend. About the only greater rifting I have done is helping friends level up gems by carrying them in 33-35 greater rifts.

I think I will start key farming this week for when 2.1.1 patch comes and the organ drop rate increase. Really want a solid hell fire amulet since I can't find a good immunity amulet.

Raptor

Honestly not entirely sure how it works on console since on PC your sentries go exactly where your mouse cursor is which lets you constantly place them off the screen in the direction you want to move in.

But generally you are trying to kite a bunch of enemies into a spot where your sentries are and they unload on them. That said though, even with only 1 or 2 sentries out you can do some ridiculous damage. Marauder causes sentries to shoot your hatred spenders and with enough attack speed your sentries will attack 5 times per second, which means with 4-5 sentries out on like an elite pack or a rift guardian you are using stuff like cluster arrow/multishot literally 20-25 times a second. And your sentries are doing way more damage than you because of stuff like the enforcer leg gem and them gaining the benefit of +sentry skill damage and skill damage for the actual spenders they are using.
I was about to ask this, they get the elemental damage boost of weapons too?

Like I built the one that uses Elemental Arrow + Frost Arrow and Cluster Arrow + Maelstrom that both uses Cold damage, reason why I wanted an Etrayu with + Cold damage.

I think the person that made this build up in Dfans said that but Im not sure.

ZenaxPure

I was about to ask this, they get the elemental damage boost of weapons too?

Like I built the one that uses Elemental Arrow + Frost Arrow and Cluster Arrow + Maelstrom that both uses Cold damage, reason why I wanted an Etrayu with + Cold damage.

I think the person that made this build up in Dfans said that but Im not sure.

Yeah, they get all your stats.

Woorloog

Banned
Is the +X-Y Elemental damage stat on weapons any good or useful? Is it calculated into skills?
Not %dmg but a flat number range that is.

ZenaxPure

Is the +X-Y Elemental damage stat on weapons any good or useful? Is it calculated into skills?
Not %dmg but a flat number range that is.

The element doesn't matter outside of a few spots, but the damage itself is added onto the total damage of a weapon, so yeah it's literally the best stat on weapons. If you roll it away your weapon itself will barely have a damage stat at the top where it says the total damage of the weapon.

Lots of little glitches in last night's game. I was playing with a fellow gaffer and there was a dead mob stuck to him for an entire level of a rift. I didn't have my mic on so I don't know if he saw it or not. It was also showing that he was under attack by and elite mob the whole time (red highlighted icon thing on the mini-map) when he wasn't.

And then there was a minion monster that locked in place and had zero health but we could still beat on it and see damage numbers popping up.

I've seen a lot more of these little things since the patch it seems.

Anyone up for a trade later? I just need the Maurader Pants to complete the set. I've got extra gloves, shoulders and helm right now I can offer up.

I'm on PS4: robertlebrone if anyone wants to add me just to play or whatever.

Lots of little glitches in last night's game. I was playing with a fellow gaffer and there was a dead mob stuck to him for an entire level of a rift. I didn't have my mic on so I don't know if he saw it or not. It was also showing that he was under attack by and elite mob the whole time (red highlighted icon thing on the mini-map) when he wasn't.
I had the exact same bug last night; took damage every time I moved. The only way I could shake him was to have the GF walk far enough away that I teleported to her.

dralla

Oh god yes, I got into the treasure realm yesterday and the double gold weekend even was still going on. I am one rich mother f'er. Now all I need is red gems. I have rubies in all my armor pieces, I need to get them all to royal rubies, but that's gonna take some time as I need a ton.

Also, for defense. Is it better to prioritize armor, vitality, or resist all? I've been going for resist all.

Alright, so I'm considering picking this up for PS4 next week, but I want to know - will I enjoy this solo or with strangers online? None of my friends care for this game at all.

Raptor

Oh god yes, I got into the treasure realm yesterday and the double gold weekend even was still going on. I am one rich mother f'er. Now all I need is red gems. I have rubies in all my armor pieces, I need to get them all to royal rubies, but that's gonna take some time as I need a ton.

Also, for defense. Is it better to prioritize armor, vitality, or resist all? I've been going for resist all.

I want to know this too, maybe VIT and Armor to up teh thoughness and life?

Alright, so I'm considering picking this up for PS4 next week, but I want to know - will I enjoy this solo or with strangers online? None of my friends care for this game at all.

Add a bunch of people here, we all play coop all the time that yuo will never play solo, well on ocassions but we like to jump in without notice lol thats how we roll.

Raptor

Seriously when I get the TNT gloves I might not even be playing DH lol, I think something like 20000 shards will cost me getting them.

Laconic

Banned
Honestly not entirely sure how it works on console since on PC your sentries go exactly where your mouse cursor is which lets you constantly place them off the screen in the direction you want to move in.

But generally you are trying to kite a bunch of enemies into a spot where your sentries are and they unload on them. That said though, even with only 1 or 2 sentries out you can do some ridiculous damage. Marauder causes sentries to shoot your hatred spenders and with enough attack speed your sentries will attack 5 times per second, which means with 4-5 sentries out on like an elite pack or a rift guardian you are using stuff like cluster arrow/multishot literally 20-25 times a second. And your sentries are doing way more damage than you because of stuff like the enforcer leg gem and them gaining the benefit of +sentry skill damage and skill damage for the actual spenders they are using.

The main problem I have is finding where to trade-off for CDR.

I have +45% Sentry, +15% Cluster Fuck, +15% Elemental Arrow, and I still don't do enough damage to be able maintain Vaults enough to survive above 32.

It takes a few seconds for another Sentry to spawn, at 27% CDR.

If they could be spammed, I could see it...

For me I prioritize in this order: resist all, armor, vit.

have i been doing it wrong?

i prioritize VIT > Resist All > Armour on my rolls. Im now putting white diamonds into my armour instead of strength, i roll vit into many of my armour pieces and i just usually take the "armour" rating of the piece itself.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Just got my wizard to 70 and paragon level 25. Which stats should I put paragon points for my wizard?

Rule of thumb this usually for the class.
  • Core: Movement speed to 25% > Intelligence > Max Arcane Power
  • Offense: Crit Chance > Crit Damage > Attack Speed > Cooldown Reduction
  • Defense: All Resist > Life Regen > Armor > Life %
  • Utility: Area Damage > Life on Hit or Resource Cost Reduction

biezel

Does anyone have an extra Gyrfalcon's Foote on PS4? I've been looking for one for a long time, already picked up 3x Jekangbords. Infinite shields just looks like a blast!

I have other crusader gear I can trade, plus a STR Unity and a few other things. Please PM or add me on PSN: mean_cheez

Matt Frost

Just got my wizard to 70 and paragon level 25. Which stats should I put paragon points for my wizard?

Doesnt matter. Go into a public game and search until you find a level 1000 guy and then do some rifts with him. Just stay safely behind and he will rush you through the rifts and the parangon levels. In no time you will be level 700 and dont have to worry about them anymore.

Does anyone have an extra Gyrfalcon's Foote on PS4? I've been looking for one for a long time, already picked up 3x Jekangbords. Infinite shields just looks like a blast!

I have other crusader gear I can trade, plus a STR Unity and a few other things. Please PM or add me on PSN: mean_cheez

I have one, add me and I will give it to you: THEFROSTYS

vato_loco

I had to finally bite the bullet and start playing the game in Spanish, since it doesn't seem that Blizzard will release an English patch for the retail versions.

I swear, the guy who translates the weapons names is messing with us.

I'm not sure how many of you know Spanish, but "Fierro de la Mordedura" and "Gancho de Acuchillamiento" are NOT cool names for weapons. AT ALL.

Krayzie

The lack of having the furnace is causing my sader to not progress any further than GR 35.
It's ridiculous how rare the drop rate for it is.

I'm using the baleful remnant now for my stampede build.
What is the best substitute for a furnace?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
After playing Destiny the last two months, I decided to return to D3 last night. Log in with my DH, have some mail. Pick them up. Decode. Boom, my final piece of marauder gear to get the full bonus. Awesome! Oh, and a Unity? Thank you very much.

Like I said, I haven't played in a while. Is there still a ton of duping and whatnot? One of my issues before was that loot was so devalued - people can just dupe and send others whatever they want, which means me finding an item is less exciting. I could have just received a duped item months ago with no effort.

Raptor

The lack of having the furnace is causing my sader to not progress any further than GR 35.

We have to get pass that this weekend, I need to upgrade my gems though :(

And those damn TNT gloves for fucks sakes they have teh same drop rate than the furnace it seems, it just dont drop.

turnbuckle

From what I've been told by Grim and what I've read elsewhere - Heart Slaughter.

I have 3 in my stash, one of them with 30% physical damage. I should give them a shot, though I really like the baleful remnant idea I stole from you.

quest

Not Banned from OT

Heart slaughter is the second best for stampede. It is also the best trial weapon for stampede as the trial monsters are not elites.

Krayzie

We have to get pass that this weekend, I need to upgrade my gems though :(

And those damn TNT gloves for fucks sakes they have teh same drop rate than the furnace it seems, it just dont drop.

Oh man i had those gloves and gave it away few days ago. I'll keep ya in mind IF i ever get another. Big if though, only came across one so far.

From what I've been told by Grim and what I've read elsewhere - Heart Slaughter.

I have 3 in my stash, one of them with 30% physical damage. I should give them a shot, though I really like the baleful remnant idea I stole from you.

Hmmm i just salvaged one earlier. It def did not have anywhere close to ur phys dmg.
That 30% increase is mighty impressive. You should def test it out if you'r still running the stampede build.

Raptor

Yeah Krayzie this gloves I will have to find myself it seems because nobody has them as they are super rare and if someone has them sure as hell they will not give them away, only you it seems lol.

turnbuckle

Oh man i had those gloves and gave it away few days ago. I'll keep ya in mind IF i ever get another. Big if though, only came across one so far.

Hmmm i just salvaged one earlier. It def did not have anywhere close to ur phys dmg.
That 30% increase is mighty impressive. You should def test it out if you'r still running the stampede build.

I can't remember what the other stats were on it. I'm having a hard time giving up the baleful remnant I have because of the life on wrath spent affix that came with it is great for keeping me afloat. But I'll do some testing, and I can hook you up next time I get a chance so you can try yourself

biezel

Doesnt matter. Go into a public game and search until you find a level 1000 guy and then do some rifts with him. Just stay safely behind and he will rush you through the rifts and the parangon levels. In no time you will be level 700 and dont have to worry about them anymore.

I have one, add me and I will give it to you: THEFROSTYS

That would be awesome! Can you mail it to me or do we need to meet in-game?

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I dunno if it's because I've been playing more but the last couple of days the game has been irritating the fuck out of me: I'm getting this weird "bug/glitch" where the game starts stuttering at random ass times even if nothing is going on. Even at the hidden camp in Act II, sometimes I start the game and bam! it stutters like a motherfucker.

Is this normal? And why? Some weird HDD streaming issue? It's not 'cause of heavy load cause I get it mainly the first time I start th game as soon as my PS4 gets turned on; sometimes restarting the game fixes it.

I've uploaded a video, I'd appreciate if you guys shared your impressions with me, happened the same to you?
While googling it seems I'm not alone...

http://youtu.be/JX3eSpHVjwU

Good game Raptor! Our builds worked well together. My multiple Slow Time Bubbles stunned everything so the hydras and turrets could DPS all night.

And thanks for Ramaladni's Gift! Should I replace the socket on my Serpent Seeker with a different stat and then use Ramaladni's to add a new socket?

After Crusader and Barbarian I started leveling a Monk. He's at 65 right now, but compared to the other two it's just not as much fun.

Hope wd will be better.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
I dunno if it's because I've been playing more but the last couple of days the game has been irritating the fuck out of me: I'm getting this weird "bug/glitch" where the game starts stuttering at random ass times even if nothing is going on. Even at the hidden camp in Act II, sometimes I start the game and bam! it stutters like a motherfucker.

Is this normal? And why? Some weird HDD streaming issue? It's not 'cause of heavy load cause I get it mainly the first time I start th game as soon as my PS4 gets turned on; sometimes restarting the game fixes it.

I've uploaded a video, I'd appreciate if you guys shared your impressions with me, happened the same to you?
While googling it seems I'm not alone...

http://youtu.be/JX3eSpHVjwU
Not really seeing anything, then again it's a 30 fps video so stutters might be less pronounced with the reduced framerate of the capture.

Raptor

Good game Raptor! Our builds worked well together. My multiple Slow Time Bubbles stunned everything so the hydras and turrets could DPS all night.

And thanks for Ramaladni's Gift! Should I replace the socket on my Serpent Seeker with a different stat and then use Ramaladni's to add a new socket?

:D

Great stuff man, but I was getting destroyed in that GR30 lol, my build is really squishy I need to make some adjustments, also damn map with no density at all :(

Yes IMO you should replace that socket with another stat and add it again with the RG.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Vacation time is over so I'm back to playing more and much to my surprise one of my drops last night in a rift?

Legendary potion that gives me 16% armor buff for 5 seconds and it's bottomless too!

I'd no idea these were even a thing. Are they very rare or something?

Top Bottom