• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Paganmoon

Vacation time is over so I'm back to playing more and much to my surprise one of my drops last night in a rift?

Legendary potion that gives me 16% armor buff for 5 seconds and it's bottomless too!

I'd no idea these were even a thing. Are they very rare or something?

New with 2.1 I think. I got the armor buff one, run through waller's walls for one and increases healing per hit one. So pretty rare, I've gotten more Ramaladni's gift than the potions.

Just downloaded this today, never played before but rolled a demon hunter as I always wished DH's would be brought into WoW so I could play as Illidan :/

Any tips going forwards?

Raptor

Vacation time is over so I'm back to playing more and much to my surprise one of my drops last night in a rift?

Legendary potion that gives me 16% armor buff for 5 seconds and it's bottomless too!

This things are a one use only things right?

I have like 3 o fthem on the stash.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Not really seeing anything, then again it's a 30 fps video so stutters might be less pronounced with the reduced framerate of the capture.

Actually it's even more pronounced at 30fps in that video (just watched it again on my iPad Mini and it looks worse than it is in reality), I know I'm super sensible to framerate fluctuations and stuttering (always been unfortunately) but just try to focus on the torches and look how the panning and scrolling isn't smooth at all. It's like / / / / / instead of /////////
Regardless, do you guys remember the game stuttering?

Thanks for watching the video anyway TS :)

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

New with 2.1 I think. I got the armor buff one, run through waller's walls for one and increases healing per hit one. So pretty rare, I've gotten more Ramaladni's gift than the potions.

They were added in the RoS expansion. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/potion/

I've gotten most of the legendary potions (which have unlimited uses with a 30 second cooldown), but have never had a Ramaladni's drop for me. Raptor gifted me one last night, so I have one now.

turnbuckle

Yeah, I got a few of those bottomless potions really early into level 70 then have only seen maybe 4 since. Oddly enough, two of the times I had them drop they both came in the same run/session while doing bounties. Weird how luck can come in bunches.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
:O

Need to check out if I have that one :)

Damn RNG, last night with famicom I got like 4 legendary rings drops I was like WTF why pure rings lol.
Yeah, they're pretty great! I just with I could get some jewelry with slots to drop. I've got all these bitchin' legendary gems I can't use.

Also, man, my third piece of Zunimassa's is NOT dropping. I want that bonus so bad. I moved up to Torment 4 in hopes of facilitating a drop.

Raptor

Yeah, they're pretty great! I just with I could get some jewelry with slots to drop. I've got all these bitchin' legendary gems I can't use.

Also, man, my third piece of Zunimassa's is NOT dropping. I want that bonus so bad. I moved up to Torment 4 in hopes of facilitating a drop.

Im on the same boat but for the TNT gloves, I did get the Frotburn ones for that cold wizard build I wanted to try but if anyone want to trade for some TNT let me know :)

If I get a legendary ring drop, it's almost always Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac, with no main stat rolled. The RNG curse from Destiny has followed me back to D3.

Pons

Neo Member

Horse, you can use the enchantress to roll sockets on your ammy and rings if you are that desperate for it.

Also as a suggestion. If you wonder what slots you should be spending your blood shards on, my recommendation would be to either try for Zunimassa pieces, or the gloves slot to try and get yourself some Tasker and Theo's and for head slot a Mask of Jeram.

lol I posted a comment about needing Maurader Pants the other day, went online that evening and 3rd drop from Kaldala is a socketed pair. Then for good measure the chest piece. Sentries using rage spenders is so OP. Mobs just melt T5 and below and let's me hold my own T6 solo.

I didn't need the chest piece since I'm using the Garwulf Cloak, but I'm glad I got it. Because now I have more flexibility with parts I can move around. Thinking I'll farm for a set of Theo and Taskers now.

Paganmoon

lol I posted a comment about needing Maurader Pants the other day, went online that evening and 3rd drop from Kaldala is a socketed pair. Then for good measure the chest piece. Sentries using rage spenders is so OP. Mobs just melt T5 and below and let's me hold my own T6 solo.

I didn't need the chest piece since I'm using the Garwulf Cloak, but I'm glad I got it. Because now I have more flexibility with parts I can move around. Thinking I'll farm for a set of Theo and Taskers now.

M6 with Taskers and Unity makes T6 really easy, if you get your stats right, it'll be like running on normal. It's pretty OP, but still jealous when I play with Tunesmith or Krayzie, so it's not OP enough :)

Also, check this for Attack per second breakpoints for your sentries. Not sure if it's worth getting to breakpoint 5 without Taskers, with Taskers you can easily get to breakpoint 6. You need 1.92 character APS with taskers for breakpoint 6, and just a few items with +6% attack speed will get you to 1.92 with a 2 handed bow. If you're close to a breakpoint but not quite there, considering putting some Paragon points into attack speed to get to the breakpoint.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo3Demo.../aps_breakpoints_here_for_m6_sentries_builds/

Edit: 1.92 APS for breakpoint 6 is with a 50% Taskers, I keep forgetting it can roll lower.

I'm firmly convinced a Ramaladni's Gift doesn't exist in my copy of the game.

Just had my second bombadier's rucksack drop last night....anyone wanna trade?

Raptor

I'm firmly convinced a Ramaladni's Gift doesn't exist in my copy of the game.

Just had my second bombadier's rucksack drop last night....anyone wanna trade?

I got one dropped for me last night and I gifted to famicom :p

If I ever get another I will gift to you.

I don't understand how using hacked items is fun. Commish and I were in a game where this hacker took us through a Level 90-something Greater Rift. I stuck around to see if I got any legendary drops, which I did (but they sucked). The guy literally one shot everything, it was ridiculous. Wish there were options for a vote kick or something.

HORRORSHØW

I don't understand how using hacked items is fun. Commish and I were in a game where this hacker took us through a Level 90-something Greater Rift. I stuck around to see if I got any legendary drops, which I did (but they sucked). The guy literally one shot everything, it was ridiculous. Wish there were options for a vote kick or something.
lmao. some people use those hackers to level up their gems. lame.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Yeah man, I was not a fan. I now have a level 96 key though, haha. What am I going to do with that...

When he entered our game, I thought he was just some obsessed player with such a high paragon count. Didn't realize he was using hacked weapons until I saw our 4th player just standing there doing nothing. Then I stood there doing nothing. Everything still died in seconds.

Yeah man, I was not a fan. I now have a level 96 key though, haha. What am I going to do with that...

When he entered our game, I thought he was just some obsessed player with such a high paragon count. Didn't realize he was using hacked weapons until I saw our 4th player just standing there doing nothing. Then I stood there doing nothing. Everything still died in seconds.

Yeah, I decided to inspect him at that time and saw he was using hacked items. His amulet had 3 legendary gems in it =\

Also, you would probably increase your DPS if you put an emerald in your bow instead of the ruby. Is your crit chance low?

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
LVRnGVU.jpg

I got my third piece of Zunimassa's gear and now I've got my minion army all the time. I'm very stoked, and I also got a homunculus tonight in case I want to make a sacrifice build someday or something.

Anyways, I'm basically sitting back with Rain of Toads and letting my Gargantuan, hounds, and fetishes do all the work. I'm always looking for a way to do more damage since I am pretty certain my minion damage is based on my weapon damage.

The Envious Blade from the Horadric cache in Act 3 seems like it might be a good fit for me. I'm usually at 100% health so if I'm always pulling criticals when I'm healthy will that significantly increase the damage of my minions as well?

I'm just running ridiculous amounts of act 3 bounties now trying for this knife. I'm hoping it'll really be the piece to pull it all together!

Voidance

I got my third piece of Zunimassa's gear and now I've got my minion army all the time. I'm very stoked, and I also got a homunculus tonight in case I want to make a sacrifice build someday or something.

Anyways, I'm basically sitting back with Rain of Toads and letting my Gargantuan, hounds, and fetishes do all the work. I'm always looking for a way to do more damage since I am pretty certain my minion damage is based on my weapon damage.

The Envious Blade from the Horadric cache in Act 3 seems like it might be a good fit for me. I'm usually at 100% health so if I'm always pulling criticals when I'm healthy will that significantly increase the damage of my minions as well?

I'm just running ridiculous amounts of act 3 bounties now trying for this knife. I'm hoping it'll really be the piece to pull it all together!
You may want to save some time -- the Envious Blade pulls crits when the enemy is at full health, not you.

Pons

Neo Member
Just as a PSA, for those who had a hacker join their game and they ended up with a rank 90+ greater rift key, you can still use that key for a lower level greater rift, just not while solo. Have someone else start the greater rift in multiplayer with a reasonable level key, like in the 20's, then when it comes time for your key, you can use your 90+key to agree to open the 20 + rift.

Thats what I did to ditch my 90 + key. f'in hackers

Raptor

Just as a PSA, for those who had a hacker join their game and they ended up with a rank 90+ greater rift key, you can still use that key for a lower level greater rift, just not while solo. Have someone else start the greater rift in multiplayer with a reasonable level key, like in the 20's, then when it comes time for your key, you can use your 90+key to agree to open the 20 + rift.

Thats what I did to ditch my 90 + key. f'in hackers

Exactly, I used a 33 one to open a 30

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Yeah, I decided to inspect him at that time and saw he was using hacked items. His amulet had 3 legendary gems in it =

Also, you would probably increase your DPS if you put an emerald in your bow instead of the ruby. Is your crit chance low?

Haven't even begun to min max my gear/gems yet so will probably swap a bunch of stuff around. These grifts are far above the T6s I was doing before where it didn't matter as much.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
So I guess I got power leveled. I ended up with a +99 key while doing some co-op; at this point I had just gotten back into the game and didn't really know how these things worked.

We then jump into a GR and as I'm getting one-shotted, all I see are paragon levels popping up all over. I think it's a glitch or some shit, but it isn't until I get to the end and see my co-op that I see what is happening.

A DH had a hacked weapon and a ring with like 20 different spell effects. . .most of which were "Deal 100 Billion Damage every 5 seconds around you" or some shit like that. It kind of sucks because now that march to LVL whatever Paragon is gone.

Sane_Man

Just bought this for PS4. I played it on PC a while back and digged it but never put too much time into it. Looking forwarded to playing it with all the new features and add ons.

Is there a Gaf clan or anything I can join? I'm not really sure how co-op even works in this game but would love to give it a try.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
There's no clans, but still several active PS4 players. If you have any interest in playing the game cooperatively online, it's highly recommended that you play only with people who post here and our friends so that you don't wander into a hacked group as has been mentioned in this thread a few times. Scan the past few pages for PSN names and add liberally. I'm Sillysil. I rarely am the only person in my list who is online and playing the game no matter when I come on.

On the subject of clans, I was discussing with dirtgnap/quest how I was wishing there was a post maintained for console player Greater Rift records and the like. Seeing as how that information isn't retained on the console versions, doing that would be the only way to keep records for us and would show who the active players are, not to mention giving group Grifting some sort of purpose. I feel like group Grifting is not satisfying to many people, as it tends to results in levels which are invariably less than when running solo. The process of making submissions to and editing a Grift records post would be entirely voluntary and ultimately a substantial time commitment, so I don't think I'm the best person for this job, and I'd have to ask if there are enough other people who would even care about something like this to justify it at all.

One thing I have come to realize, which I didn't quite anticipate before, is how the standard rifts and difficulties are entirely trivialized once you have the gems at high enough levels and gear to support their use. T6 guardians go down in seconds when you have a high end four man group running. It makes me wish there was some way to find greater challenge other than through Grifts, as in by adding more Torment levels or making some kind of item which you could level up as if a Legendary Gem and would allow you to always open a Grift at a certain level (or an equivalent of a Grift regarding enemy HP/damage, but as a standard rift). As it stands, players have a higher potential for more legendaries with a standard rift than a Grift, but with standard rifts eventually being too easy, it makes it difficult to enjoy repeatedly doing that as well.

Anyway -

Anyone want an entry level WD Jade/Quetz set? I think I have all the pieces ready to go. First person to quote this* will get it in the mail.

* Don't be a jerk and ask for it if you're not going to use it :p

Raptor

I would totally use that Sil if I wasn't hooked with my DH :p

So I is better if any other gets it, I think there is a member here called Number23 or something that runs a WD as a main class.

Paganmoon

Just to add to dog$ post, I don't think (guesswork here though) hackers are an issue until you get to higher levels, so it doesn't have to be a problem playing public games, but it is much more fun playing with fellow GAF players.

Also a heads up for people who have me on friends list, I'm cutting down on D3 for a while now, and probably won't play for a few weeks when AC: Unity gets released, so if you just want active GAF:ers on your friends list, feel free to remove me if you wish. Unless you want to keep me for AC: Unity co-op sessions that is. (yes yes, 900p lolubisoft and all that, I love AC games, I can't keep away).

Raptor

Just to add to dog$ post, I don't think (guesswork here though) hackers are an issue until you get to higher levels, so it doesn't have to be a problem playing public games, but it is much more fun playing with fellow GAF players.

Also a heads up for people who have me on friends list, I'm cutting down on D3 for a while now, and probably won't play for a few weeks when AC: Unity gets released, so if you just want active GAF:ers on your friends list, feel free to remove me if you wish. Unless you want to keep me for AC: Unity co-op sessions that is. (yes yes, 900p lolubisoft and all that, I love AC games, I can't keep away).

I wish there was a way to remove in mass, I want to keep only the people I play regularly and D3 players but I have like 80 firends that I don't know anymore who is who lols.

I wish there was a way to remove in mass, I want to keep only the people I play regularly and D3 players but I have like 80 firends that I don't know anymore who is who lols.

I wish Sony would release an update that allows us to organize our friend list, so I could group people into "DiabloGAF" or "IRL Friends" or something.

Oh, so a Tasker and Theo gloves dropped for me. WD pet build will be even more fun to use now!

Raptor

I wish Sony would release an update that allows us to organize our friend list, so I could group people into "DiabloGAF" or "IRL Friends" or something.

Oh, so a Tasker and Theo gloves dropped for me. WD pet build will be even more fun to use now!

God damn it Im jealous!!

Top Bottom