• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Raptor

I also have Carnevil :D

Kadala loves WDs apparently.

Im thinking in switching to WD and farm teh TNT gloves then switch back to DH, I read on the Blizzard Forums that WD get more drop rates for those gloves.

Will try it this weekend, it will serve to level the WD to 70 already to get the trophy :)

Anyway -

Anyone want an entry level WD Jade/Quetz set? I think I have all the pieces ready to go. First person to quote this* will get it in the mail.

* Don't be a jerk and ask for it if you're not going to use it :p

I will farm teh TNT gloves with the WD this weekend so what do you think if I can borrow this gear till I get the gloves then I can return it to you?

Can I have them?

HORRORSHØW

damn. apparently in the next PC update there's going to be new legendaries, new legendary affixes, new legendary gems, and ancient legendaries.

ZenaxPure

Grimløck;137835634 said:
damn. apparently in the next PC update there's going to be new legendaries, new legendary affixes, new legendary gems, and ancient legendaries.

Some other stuff as well including a new location and new goblin types (like a goblin that drops blood shards or one that drops gems when you punch him), actually a lot of other stuff, still kind of coming in right now since the D3 panel is fresh.

Apparently will get more new item info tomorrow.

Deadstar

Grimløck;137835634 said:

These updates look awesome but it still pains me that the skill/rune system in Diablo 3 is absolute trash.

1. There are less skills than in Diablo 2

2. You can't spec your character to make certain skills more powerful to suit the playstyle you want.

I REALLY hope that for Diablo 4 they go back to the skill system in diablo 1 and 2. The one they chose in Diablo 3 is so lazy and makes every build boring in my opinion. Every time I get a rune for a skill I don't like/use it seems like such a waste of my time.

Raptor

These updates look awesome but it still pains me that the skill/rune system in Diablo 3 is absolute trash.

1. There are less skills than in Diablo 2

2. You can't spec your character to make certain skills more powerful to suit the playstyle you want.

I REALLY hope that for Diablo 4 they go back to the skill system in diablo 1 and 2. The one they chose in Diablo 3 is so lazy and makes every build boring in my opinion. Every time I get a rune for a skill I don't like/use it seems like such a waste of my time.

I kind see your point on teh runes because sometimes the best run is the first one lol, making all the ones that comes after irrelevant, depends on the build though.

Hey guys, new to Diablo. Playing on ps4.

Quick question. What is that damn number when I'm looking at my armor? It doesn't seem like it's an actual armor rating, because I'll equip it and my armor number will drop. Wtf?

Raptor

Got my TNT baby!! (Thanks Friend)

Now T6 is super easy and Im trying to upgrade my gems thing is if I go higher than 27 or 28 I will get one shot killed, I need to do it in coop :p

But right now Im leveling my WD, I have the gear (Thanks Sil) and the build but I still dont get the gameplay part, what is my main damage dealer?

Took me like 2 days to understand how the Sunwuku Monks gameplay worked lol.

ZenaxPure

Hey guys, new to Diablo. Playing on ps4.

Quick question. What is that damn number when I'm looking at my armor? It doesn't seem like it's an actual armor rating, because I'll equip it and my armor number will drop. Wtf?

You are probably looking at your toughness stat, it is a fairly arbitrary number that just includes all of your defensive stats (vitality, all resist, armor).

But right now Im leveling my WD, I have the gear (Thanks Sil) and the build but I still dont get the gameplay part, what is my main damage dealer?

As a Witch Doctor? It really depends on your build. What are you going for?

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Sorry I had to go Krayzie! Next time?

Thanks for the good fun Calabi/calabitale! Sorry I had to bail after beating the boss but now my gf demands my free time :p will be on again tonight around 3AM GMT as usual ;)

Finally almost at 70, only 4 levels to go!
Btw, when you're co-oping what's the blueish number next to your buddies' portrait? Thought it was their exp Lvl, but Calabi's number was 77 and well, don't think that's possible lol

Raptor

Y
As a Witch Doctor? It really depends on your build. What are you going for?

JADE SET, Quetz Helm

Haunt - Draining Spirit
Locust Swarm - Pestilence
Spirit Walk - Jaunt
Soul Harvest - Siphon
Summon Zombie Dogs - Life Link
Piranhas - Piranhado

Pierce the Veil
Grave Injustice
Spirit Vessel
Creeping Death

Is a build I found on the Blizz Forums, suposedly tro one shot elites on T6 but I can't see how lol.

ZenaxPure

Is a build I found on the Blizz Forums, suposedly tro one shot elites on T6 but I can't see how lol.

Well... You need the Jade set for it to work, the Quetz helm doubles the damage. It's pretty straight forward really, the 6 piece makes Soul Harvest consume a large duration of your Locust/Haunt DoTs (up to 30 seconds I think?) and deals the damage instantly instead of over time. You just run in, DoT everything, pull them together with Pirahnado and then Soul Harvest for obscene damage, it does pretty much one shot all elite packs on T6, usually in group games too.

Raptor

Well... You need the Jade set for it to work, the Quetz helm doubles the damage. It's pretty straight forward really, the 6 piece makes Soul Harvest consume a large duration of your Locust/Haunt DoTs (up to 30 seconds I think?) and deals the damage instantly instead of over time. You just run in, DoT everything, pull them together with Pirahnado and then Soul Harvest for obscene damage, it does pretty much one shot all elite packs on T6, usually in group games too.
Run in and DoT everything?

damage over time everything?

Sorry if I seem dumb man but is hard to imagining it, like for DH is easy I go in put a sentry and go back and see numbers go crazy, Monk I go in spam mantra and SW and clones do insane damage, Wizard I or rain fire or electrified all, but with this WD I cant seem to get what I should do, last night I was haunting and soul harvesting and was killing all but I dont know how or why, shit is to difficult to understand to me, but once it clicks it clicks and I begin to destroy all.

ZenaxPure

Run in and DoT everything?

damage over time everything?

Yes, Haunt and Locust Swarm both deal damage over time. But with the Jade set bonus it causes Soul Harvest to consume part of those spells duration and do the damage instantly. Haunt for example by default lasts 12 seconds, with the Jade set bonus though when you use Soul Harvest on an enemy with Haunt on them instead of doing the damage over 12 seconds it deals all the damage instantly.

Raptor

Yes, Haunt and Locust Swarm both deal damage over time. But with the Jade set bonus it causes Soul Harvest to consume part of those spells duration and do the damage instantly. Haunt for example by default lasts 12 seconds, with the Jade set bonus though when you use Soul Harvest on an enemy with Haunt on them instead of doing the damage over 12 seconds it deals all the damage instantly.
That makes sense, now I get it.

Thanks for having the patience and explaing it man lol.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Sorry I had to go Krayzie! Next time?

Thanks for the good fun Calabi/calabitale! Sorry I had to bail after beating the boss but now my gf demands my free time :p will be on again tonight around 3AM GMT as usual ;)

Finally almost at 70, only 4 levels to go!
Btw, when you're co-oping what's the blueish number next to your buddies' portrait? Thought it was their exp Lvl, but Calabi's number was 77 and well, don't think that's possible lol
Blue levels are paragon levels. They start at level 70 and don't have a limit.

Raptor

So anyone want to trade some Flawless Royal Rubies for Flawless Royal Topaz?

I have like 8 Rubies but only 2 Topaz and Im using my INT classes :(

Dash Kappei

Blue levels are paragon levels. They start at level 70 and don't have a limit.

Ooh, makes sense!
Damn, I can't imagine playing this game all alone without resorting to the community's tips and knowledge

Nope. 500 bounties is the one that took me longest.

You mean my OCD in getting rid of fog of war for every level to explore every nook and cranny has gone a waste?! That there are no trophies for picking up stuff and I could've been way more relaxed instead? Ugh!
Well at least I'll enjoy coop even more now that I know I won't leave anything behind by skipping exploration.

Raptor

You mean my OCD in getting rid of fog of war for every level to explore every nook and cranny has gone a waste?! That there are no trophies for picking up stuff and I could've been way more relaxed instead? Ugh!
Well at least I'll enjoy coop even more now that I know I won't leave anything behind by skipping exploration.

Thing is sometimes Legendaries are on jars or wood branches that are breakable lol.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Ooh, makes sense!
Damn, I can't imagine playing this game all alone without resorting to the community's tips and knowledge

There are challenges to pick up all books, hear every bit of dialogue, visit each tileset etc.. Challenges are the achievements from the PC version, so there's that. :p

Get rid of the habit of ridding the fog of war though, that's completely a waste of time.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Ok, so...

Playing this on PS4, couch co-op. The other player needs a PS+ account to play online? As in, you can't have a guest character and also play online? This is some BS.

Edit: Nevermind, it works as long as the main account is set to be the primary account.

Ok, so...

Playing this on PS4, couch co-op. The other player needs a PS+ account to play online? As in, you can't have a guest character and also play online? This is some BS.

The second person just needs to make a PSN account, it doesn't have to be PS+, to save character progress.

Edit- oh wait, online? Not sure if Plus is needed for it.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
so there isnt a new crusader set lol

New Sets:

Barbarian: Set based on Whirlwind and Rend.
2 Piece:Rend Deals 300% more damage.
4 Piece: Rend lasts 300% longer.
6 Piece: Targets affected by rend take +30)% Whirlwind damage.

Demon Hunter: Multishot and Discipline
2 Piece: Gain 2 Discipline every time you use a Hatred Generator.
4 Piece: Take 20% less damage if there are enemies within 40 yards.
6 Piece: Every point of Discipline you currently have increases the damage of your Hatred Generators and Multishot by 10%

Wizard: Slow Time
2 Piece: Casting Arcane Orb, Energy Twister, Magic Missile and Shock Pulse reduce the cooldown of Slow Time by 1 second.
4 Piece: Enemies affected by your Slow Time take 1250% weapon damage every second.
6 Piece: Enemies affected by your Slow Time take 500% more damage from your Arcane Orb, Energy Twister, Magic Missile and Shock Pulse.

Monk: Sunwuko Set Changes
2 Piece: Casting Cyclone Strike, Exploding Palm, Lashing Tail Kick, Tempest Rush or Wave of Light causes a decoy to spawn that taunts nearby enemies and then explodes for 100% weapon damage.
4 Piece: Enemies hit by the decoy explosion take 500% from your Cyclone Strike, Exploding Palm, Lashing Tail Kick, Tempest Rush or Wave of Light abilities for 3 seconds.

squadr0n

Random question, just reinstalled and know nothing about the latest update 2.1.0. What is the point of creating a season hero? Do i have to start from Normal with a season hero?

ZenaxPure

Unless they nerf m6 or sentries I don't see any demon hunter switching to the new set anyway.

Yeah, no way the new set will be as good unless they bring M6 down. Damage will probably still be pretty good when you consider 10% for 1 disc can add up once you start throwing on gear that has +disc, but, yeah not M6 level.

Random question, just reinstalled and know nothing about the latest update 2.1.0. What is the point of creating a season hero? Do i have to start from Normal with a season hero?

Wrong thread, but, to answer your question there are seasonal only items and it gives a fresh start for competitive stuff (there are a bunch of leaderboards on seasons, but, at this point most of them are impossible to make it on). Some other cosmetic stuff as well like a transmog set and banner shit. Adventure mode is automatically unlocked on seasons so you can just jump in and do whatever you feel comfortable with.

Sirim

A little confused by the OTs so I think I may have posted in the wrong one. Just in case...

Reposting here:

Can someone please tell me what the default audio volumes are in the sound options of the PS4 Diablo III?

I changed the sound settings, and then realized there's no Reset to Default and my obsessiveness is going haywire trying to remember what the defaults were.

The options I'm referring to are:

Master Volume
Music Volume
Effects Volume
Voice Volume
Ambient Volume

Paganmoon

Yeah, no way the new set will be as good unless they bring M6 down. Damage will probably still be pretty good when you consider 10% for 1 disc can add up once you start throwing on gear that has +disc, but, yeah not M6 level.

Yeah, but it ain't coming close to 4 sentries doing 4 attacks per second, just from hatred builder and multishot,

A little confused by the OTs so I think I may have posted in the wrong one. Just in case...

Reposting here:

Can someone please tell me what the default audio volumes are in the sound options of the PS4 Diablo III?

I changed the sound settings, and then realized there's no Reset to Default and my obsessiveness is going haywire trying to remember what the defaults were.

The options I'm referring to are:

Master Volume
Music Volume
Effects Volume
Voice Volume
Ambient Volume

Iirc defaults are all at 100%.

New Wizard set looks neat though I can't imagine it outdoing Firebird's just yet. For all their talk about diversifying gear I found it rather amusing that they showed off the "Slow Time gains the effect of all runes" Wizard Hat + the new 6pc Wizard set, making RoRG mandatory again.

Dash Kappei

Thing is sometimes Legendaries are on jars or wood branches that are breakable lol.

Goddamn, I forgot about that.
But hey, coop it's cool. Tho I'm always running out of space and don't wanna make buddies wait for me while I manage stuff.
How do you guys do? Any tips on inventory? At the end of the day when you count gems, potion, equipped items + 3 or 4 items to equip based on the situation, I only have like 15/20 spots free left at the most... it's maddening!
Dear Blizzard, what's the fucking point of not giving me 100 spots on my inventory? It's not like it's a gameplay mechanic like in the Souls games... probably a consequence of the PC version/always online/battle.net but seriously at least up the count to 100 or even goddamn 80!
There are challenges to pick up all books, hear every bit of dialogue, visit each tileset etc.. Challenges are the achievements from the PC version, so there's that. :p

Yeah, I enjoy those, I also normally don't give a shit about trophies, I dunno why this game's different

Get rid of the habit of ridding the fog of war though, that's completely a waste of time.

You guys make up your mind! I'll follow your advice tho just cause it's much more convenient :p
It's reeeeeeally hard for me to leave those blank areas on the map, ughhhh

Voidance

I know it's a stretch, but does anyone have a spare Bombadier's Rucksack? It doesn't have to be perfect or anything. Any help would be appreciated!

I have trade stuff too, if you need it. Mostly pet doctor and crusader goods.

gunstarhero

So I finally beat story mode (monk/t1), and started adventure mode (t2) today. Did some bounties and got a rift key, beat the rift and got a greater rift key.

How does this work? Do rift keys/grift keys drop at the end of rifts or at random during bounties?

Btw: The loot in T2 has been amazing so far! So. much. legend. :)

So I finally beat story mode (monk/t1), and started adventure mode (t2) today. Did some bounties and got a rift key, beat the rift and got a greater rift key.

How does this work? Do rift keys/grift keys drop at the end of rifts or at random during bounties?

Btw: The loot in T2 has been amazing so far! So. much. legend. :)
Rift guardians will usually drop a keystone of trials which is used to get a greater rift keystone.

Calabi

Goddamn, I forgot about that.
But hey, coop it's cool. Tho I'm always running out of space and don't wanna make buddies wait for me while I manage stuff.
How do you guys do? Any tips on inventory? At the end of the day when you count gems, potion, equipped items + 3 or 4 items to equip based on the situation, I only have like 15/20 spots free left at the most... it's maddening!
Dear Blizzard, what's the fucking point of not giving me 100 spots on my inventory? It's not like it's a gameplay mechanic like in the Souls games... probably a consequence of the PC version/always online/battle.net but seriously at least up the count to 100 or even goddamn 80!

Yeah, I enjoy those, I also normally don't give a shit about trophies, I dunno why this game's different

You guys make up your mind! I'll follow your advice tho just cause it's much more convenient :p
It's reeeeeeally hard for me to leave those blank areas on the map, ughhhh

You shouldnt drop yellow items. Never pick up or bother with white items, although I do sometimes. I keep all my gems in the stash I dont have any alternate items(maybe will later). I only use about three spaces in my inventory. You shouldnt need more than ten spaces in your inventory for items that you keep. Use the junk system to quickly mark items that you want to sell.

Paganmoon

I know it's a stretch, but does anyone have a spare Bombadier's Rucksack? It doesn't have to be perfect or anything. Any help would be appreciated!

I have trade stuff too, if you need it. Mostly pet doctor and crusader goods.

I've got a spare one, with 15% sentry damage to boot. Decent rolls on the rest, but not perfect rolls.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Monk: Sunwuko Set Changes
2 Piece: Casting Cyclone Strike, Exploding Palm, Lashing Tail Kick, Tempest Rush or Wave of Light causes a decoy to spawn that taunts nearby enemies and then explodes for 100% weapon damage.
4 Piece: Enemies hit by the decoy explosion take 500% from your Cyclone Strike, Exploding Palm, Lashing Tail Kick, Tempest Rush or Wave of Light abilities for 3 seconds.

Fuck that, completely destroys my Monk.

A good a time as any to quit I suppose.

ZenaxPure

Fuck that, completely destroys my Monk.

A good a time as any to quit I suppose.

Eh, who knows when that change will make it to consoles, don't even know when it will make it to PC at this point. Lots of time to prepare for whatever it is changed into (and Raiment as Raiment is getting changed as well) since there will be a PTR on PC where people will figure out whatever the best new build is.

cormack12

Gold Member
Just done my second playthrough with my DH on hard. Now hit level 70 - woo.

I've started getting paragon points, spent like 5 so far. Can these nerf my build if I put them in the wrong trees? Also, builds in general, do I need to be concerned about them? I'm trying to find good builds for DPS and my own construction seems to be going well. Haven't struggled too much yet except on those enemies that are like ghostly and have purple names - the gold elites have been quite easy to be fair. As a base build I have:

Elective mode
Entangling shot - Shock Collar
Rapid fire - Fire Support
Vault - Trail of Cinders
Fan of knives - Fan of Daggers
Rain of vengeance - Shade
Elemental Arrow - Frost Arrow

Passives are: Cull the Weak, Archery, Sharpshooter, Ambush
Big numbers are: 254k dmg, 1905k shield, 18.7k health
Stats are: 77 STR, 5124 DEX, 77 INT, 2789 VIT

I usually struggle with cooldown on Fan of Knives, and Shade during battle. Sometimes it feels as though Shock collar doesn't slow them down enough either. Just curious for tips from you guys - does this look for where I am with this char? I seem to be ok for resist fire damage etc. as I don't usually die. Beyond this is a bit of an unknown though. Don't have much legendary gear equipped.

Also feel free to add me, I'll be doing rifts and adventure mode exclusively with this DH now probably, starting a new hardcore character and playing through as the other classes from scratch. PSN is VersatilityToad :)

Paganmoon

I'm interested! Is there anything you're looking for?

Nothing in particular really at the moment, just recently got a pretty decent Etrayu from someone in a co-op game, so my gear is pretty set up right now. Just add me and I'll send it over, PSN is same as Gaf name.

Second playthrough? You mean you didn't go into adventure mode the second you killed Malthael? Also tip, play on expert or master, more XP, and when you feel it's going well there, go up to Torment 1.
Also, you can reset paragon points at any time, and spend those points on different things if it doesn't work out.

If you're going to continue on Hard, just go with whatever skills you think is most fun, at those difficulty levels I don't think builds really matter much.

Unless you mean hard as in hardcore, in that case, don't listen to any of my tips (other than paragon points resetting).

cormack12

Gold Member
Second playthrough? You mean you didn't go into adventure mode the second you killed Malthael? Also tip, play on expert or master, more XP, and when you feel it's going well there, go up to Torment 1.
Also, you can reset paragon points at any time, and spend those points on different things if it doesn't work out.

I did try adventure mode but didn't really understand it. So I started reading some 'what to do after completing d3 guides'. So now I understand that it's best not to touch story mode again now :) even with my alts!

Yeah I want to earn the best loot and really beef my character up so I'll be deffo going up in the difficulty levels as well, wanna really be playing T1 as soon as poss. Hard wasn't much of a challenge so I'm thinking master will be default for adventure mode from now on. Just looking at some builds now, quite varied and some are stating at least 350k DPS before attempting T1!!!

Paganmoon

I did try adventure mode but didn't really understand it. So I started reading some 'what to do after completing d3 guides'. So now I understand that it's best not to touch story mode again now :) even with my alts!

Yeah I want to earn the best loot and really beef my character up so I'll be deffo going up in the difficulty levels as well, wanna really be playing T1 as soon as poss. Hard wasn't much of a challenge so I'm thinking master will be default for adventure mode from now on. Just looking at some builds now, quite varied and some are stating at least 350k DPS before attempting T1!!!

350k DPS is probably enough for T2 or higher even, depending a lot on your toughness. Think I started venturing into T2 with around 270-300k DPS, just remember to put the highest level Emerald (green) gem you can on your weapon.

I've started getting paragon points, spent like 5 so far. Can these nerf my build if I put them in the wrong trees? Also, builds in general, do I need to be concerned about them? I'm trying to find good builds for DPS and my own construction seems to be going well. Haven't struggled too much yet except on those enemies that are like ghostly and have purple names - the gold elites have been quite easy to be fair. As a base build I have:

Elective mode
Entangling shot - Shock Collar
Rapid fire - Fire Support
Vault - Trail of Cinders
Fan of knives - Fan of Daggers
Rain of vengeance - Shade
Elemental Arrow - Frost Arrow

Passives are: Cull the Weak, Archery, Sharpshooter, Ambush
Big numbers are: 254k dmg, 1905k shield, 18.7k health
Stats are: 77 STR, 5124 DEX, 77 INT, 2789 VIT

I usually struggle with cooldown on Fan of Knives, and Shade during battle. Sometimes it feels as though Shock collar doesn't slow them down enough either. Just curious for tips from you guys - does this look for where I am with this char? I seem to be ok for resist fire damage etc. as I don't usually die. Beyond this is a bit of an unknown though. Don't have much legendary gear equipped.

Also feel free to add me, I'll be doing rifts and adventure mode exclusively with this DH now probably, starting a new hardcore character and playing through as the other classes from scratch. PSN is VersatilityToad :)

Regarding Paragon points: you can reset them and place them into different categories whenever you feel like it. I tend to go for:

Main stat
Movement speed
Resistance to all
Cooldown reduction
Resource reduction

Of course, your preferences may vary.

I always max movement speed before main stat so I don't have to worry if I don't have that affix on my boots. And movement speed maxes out at 25%, so if your boots have 12%, just add enough points for the remaining 13% and you're good.

Dash Kappei

You shouldnt drop yellow items. Never pick up or bother with white items, although I do sometimes. I keep all my gems in the stash I dont have any alternate items(maybe will later). I only use about three spaces in my inventory. You shouldnt need more than ten spaces in your inventory for items that you keep. Use the junk system to quickly mark items that you want to sell.

I'm not sure I agree, I mean 99% of rare items (yellow) are just shit to salvage and I have so many that I can't always be bothered to teleport to the blacksmith to salvage the junk (R3 on them so you can mass salvage when you're at the blacksmith) so I don't mind dropping them sometimes (of course I'll try to avoid doing that).
Gems pick up 6 spaces, I'd go crazy putting the gems in the stash every time I pick up one, so that's one tip I won't be following 'cause I'm too lazy... sorry! ;)
My problem is with alternate rings and amulets I want to keep in the inventory to swap depending on the occasion, same for my follower/s (and its relics).
I don't think I have that many stuff on inventory at all, it's just badly thought out by Blizzard, to be honest that's my opinion after 50 hours with the game and it ain't changing, if they wanted to keep the 60 items inventory on consoles (where you don't have use a snappy mouse) they should've at least made it so that only equipment items count, not consumables like gems, crafting materials and potions.

EDIT:

Well, thank YOU!
It seemed strange to me that you were well versed in the game and yet giving me kinda whack tips (lol sorry!) so I made a little research and found out WHY you should place all gems and crafting materials in the stash (thanks once again for not explaining shit Blizzard!):

DIABLO UEE WIKIA said:
you can (and should) drop all your crafting materials and gems into the stash. When you go to craft an item/gem the game checks your character inventory first, then checks your stash and uses materials from there. So by unloading your crafting items into the stash, you not only make more room for loot on your current character, but you make those crafting materials available to all of your characters.

So yeah, thanks! :)
Will unload materials and gems on the stash from now on, sweet.
Edit: aaaand done! Now I have 50 free spots on my inventory, based Calabi! :D

Top Bottom