• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

HORRORSHØW

lol rip swk monk. they need to reasses roland's set; make it less wrath-hungry and give a little more toughness. it's good until gr~35 or so but being so wrath-dependent and having no extra toughness really hurts in later grifts.

ZenaxPure

Grimløck;138136093 said:
lol rip swk monk. they need to reasses roland's set; make it less wrath-hungry and give a little more toughness. it's good until gr~35 or so but being so wrath-dependent and having no extra toughness really hurts in later grifts.

Apparently they are planning on lowering monster damage in GRs. Wish they would have done it from the start, but, oh well.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Player Power and Enemy HP creep still plagues their iteration process with this game.

If I were to change anything in general, it would be to lower enemy HP first and foremost, and if anything, raise enemy damage. Players should have a chance to be rewarded for skillful play as well as having a compelling reason to strike a balance between offense and defense for gear. Lowering enemy damage and leaving HP the same just means more five minute guardian fights. Zzz.

Still, this is no surprise at all. Every difficulty adjustment this game has had since Vanilla 1.0 has been a reduction.

Paganmoon

Added. Thanks, buddy!

Accepted, will send them when I get home (just got into work, so in about 8 hours)

Player Power and Enemy HP creep still plagues their iteration process with this game.

If I were to change anything in general, it would be to lower enemy HP first and foremost, and if anything, raise enemy damage. Players should have a chance to be rewarded for skillful play as well as having a compelling reason to strike a balance between offense and defense for gear. Lowering enemy damage and leaving HP the same just means more five minute guardian fights. Zzz.

Still, this is no surprise at all. Every difficulty adjustment this game has had since Vanilla 1.0 has been a reduction.

Raise the damage? when we already have insta-kill unavoidable abilities like Jailer? Sure why not :)

Smidget

Is there any way to see my PS4 build online anywhere?

I've been playing some T1 rifts, feeling kinda stagnant and I'm not picking up many legendary items that actually increase my DPS it feels like. How do I get out of this rut? Keep playing rifts/bounties until I get some sets or can upgrade my gems higher and higher and paragon levels too?

ZenaxPure

Here's the problem with that. There is no striking a balance of offense and defense in the current model already and raising the damage would only make it worse. The damage is already so high in middle 30s and beyond that you are forced into playing a ranged build if your class has it available or if you play melee like SWK or Raekor barb you are forced into using double unity and then using multiple defensive abilities. Raekor barbs currently use 3.5 active defensive abilities (2 of them 50% damage reductions ON TOP of 50% from Unity) and it is still possible to die in less than a second in the upper 30s if you let your perma-freeze down at any point. Hell even with perma-freeze you still have to skip fire chains and electrified packs because the damage will kill you instantly even with all of those defensive abilities.

Damage is just too high, all making it higher would do is lower how far every class could progress except demon hunter who it would force into playing the lightning ball M6 build even if you wanted to play a rocket build or something instead.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I found an extra Marauder helmet if anyone needs. Not the best stats in the world, but 2 dropped for me in the same run (and I was already wearing one).

Voidance

Online now, but haven't sent it yet, just received a gift from Raptor, and when I opened the mailbox the game crashed, started the game again and mail was gone, so I'd rather give it in-game. give me a holler when you're online.
That's happened to me too. I will be sure to let you know when I am on, but it'll be in about 6 hours (at work right now).

Paganmoon

That's happened to me too. I will be sure to let you know when I am on, but it'll be in about 6 hours (at work right now).

Alrighty, will probably been on then, but might be playing Shadows of Mordor, so just send me a PSN message when you get on and I'll jump on over.

On another note, of course, since I received the Etrayu, figured I'd test it out some, so today, on a regular rift, another dropped, gee thanks Blizzard.

Raptor

Alrighty, will probably been on then, but might be playing Shadows of Mordor, so just send me a PSN message when you get on and I'll jump on over.

On another note, of course, since I received the Etrayu, figured I'd test it out some, so today, on a regular rift, another dropped, gee thanks Blizzard.

Seriously, yesterday I recieved a gift from Sil it was a Sunwuko Shoulders and in the remaming time playing, those same shoulders dropped 3 more times, lol.

Really love my Holy Sunwuko Monk but they will ruin it?

:(

How do I put "Friends Only"

I tried to join some coop session the other day because non of you were online and it put me with some hackers, went out immediatly and after that I got joined all the time, I don't want to people to join me if they are not my friends and I forgot where to set it that way.

Paganmoon

How do I put "Friends Only"

I tried to join some coop session the other day because non of you were online and it put me with some hackers, went out immediatly and after that I got joined all the time, I don't want to people to join me if they are not my friends and I forgot where to set it that way.

Press options, then R3 I think, gives you the menu to set who can join your game.

Voidance, I'm beat, sent you the rucksack by mail, don't crash! :)

Raptor

Ok I will build a Lightning Monk to have fun, anyone want to trade some gear for some Sunwuku pieces? or Akkhans? or Marauders?

I need a Eye of the Storm, Odyns Son and a Wirdward Ring, everything else I have it already :p

Let me know if you have any of that stuff.

Voidance

Thank you for sending the items out! I got on later than anticipated -- sorry about that -- but you were nice enough to send them over.

Now I am in the market for a Ramaladni's Gift... Does anyone have a spare? I'll continue to pray to RNGsus in the mean time.

Raptor

Alright I reached 900k DPS on my Lightning Wizard with scraps gear I had, if I get a good Eye of Storm and the rainment gloves so I can change the boots with some ice climbers then I will be set.

Anyone needs a ANDARIEL'S VISAGE? I got 2 last night, using one and I have 2 spare ones.

Whats better Odyn's Son or Thunderfury for the lightning build? I read that odyn's son is way better.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Looks like there is some sort of patch today. It is rolling out on the xbone from the reports on the blizzard forums. It does lower enchanting costs which is great kadala still the same not so great. At this point rather have increased legendary chance than crafting mats.

Raptor

Looks like there is some sort of patch today. It is rolling out on the xbone from the reports on the blizzard forums. It does lower enchanting costs which is great kadala still the same not so great. At this point rather have increased legendary chance than crafting mats.

Great news for enchanting jewelry finally.

Nice. Been waiting for this on PS4.

Krayzie

Wow, thanks for the supply drop, Krayzie! Very kind :)

Sure man :)
I dont see many WD's around and rather give the legs away instead of just salvaging.

On another note, finally got the furnace.
Managed to beat GR37 but was a min too late on GR38.
If only the rift guardian was the stonesinger.

Raptor

Sure man :)
I dont see many WD's around and rather give the legs away instead of just salvaging.

On another note, finally got the furnace.
Managed to beat GR37 but was a min too late on GR38.
If only the rift guardian was the stonesinger.

That damn furnace!!!

Congrats man.

Raptor

Uh oh, is this Krayzie's last weekend with D3?

Now I'll have to play Biggie in the background myself.

Hey Sil, I will send those Jade Set pieces, Im no longer using them since Im too involved with the Monk now that I don't have time with a WD.

I rolled 3 sockets on the Chestpiece I hope I didn't ruined it.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
No worries, that'll be fine.

If you know someone else who will want them go ahead and send it all to that person first. I've got my WD basically equipped as I need it (with a few side options available), someone else should use those items if possible.

Krayzie

Uh oh, is this Krayzie's last weekend with D3?

Now I'll have to play Biggie in the background myself.

I told you man, D3 got its hooks in me pretty deep.
As long as there's mofo's to massacre, I'll always be bk.

Just completed GR38 with 2 minutes to spare.
Amazing how much of a diff the furnace has made so far.
That 50% dmg to elites is dynoooomiteeee!!

Krayzie

Yea Raptor, I'm gonna squeeze in as much D3 playtime till dragon age comes out next week.

Btw the patch that quest mentioned is up for the ps4. Bout 300+ mb

Raptor

Yea Raptor, I'm gonna squeeze in as much D3 playtime till dragon age comes out next week.

Btw the patch that quest mentioned is up for the ps4. Bout 300+ mb

Yes, Im going to do the same but Im waiting till Nov 29 when I will get the game I want GTA5 baby!!!

Then after that I will only play D3 when you guys here are online and playing the rest of the time I will be on the other game, good thing is that you can send invites even if you aint playing the game right?

Krayzie

Yea you can. Did you play gta on last gen?

Btw someone gave me the furnace earlier today. I didnt come across it myself per se.
It had INT and 43% dmg to elites so I had to reroll INT to STR.
Funny thing is that less than an hour after that, someone else gave me the one i'm currently using. Not only were the rolls brilliant, but it had 50% dmg to elite :D

In short, today has been a mighty fine day for me.

rataplein

hey guys, i play on ps3 with 2 friends a few nights a week. sometime less.

what's the best way to get specific items?. it's just pure luck?

because i got my crusader to level 70, and wnated to try that holy shotgun build, so i need a fate of fell weapon to start. its better to gamble it with kadala?. or just play bounties and rifts...

also, set items never drop for us. it's, crazy, i think we got around 6 in total... (we player t2 and 3 btw).

joeblow

Drops are governed by Blizzard-controlled "randomness". It isn't pure randomness, unfortunately. Some items are tagged with a smaller drop percentage to be more rare than other items. Fate of Fell is one such item (so is the Furnace).

The only thing you can do to improve the chance it will drop is to work your way up to the hardest difficulty (Torment 6) which will maximize the chance that legendary weapons will drop at all. Then you will want to run regular rifts for an even greater chance for legendaries. Repeat that strat infinitely until you get what you want.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
So I'm a Witch Doctor that pretty much relies on his minions. I've got the Zunimassa set, a RoRG, and I'm working on procuring other good stuff for my dude. I'm having a pretty easy time soloing Torment 5, but when I try Torment 6 I totally get my ass handed to me. It feels like there should be a difficulty level between 5 and 6, that's how much harder it feels. I last like seconds.

At any given time in battle I've got 29 minions going nuts all over, I've got me raining frogs and piranhas all over, and I'm doing just under 500k damage without Slamdance active (I think it's about 750k damage while Slamdance is down).

I just feel like, having played with some of you dudes and seeing what many of you are capable of, that I'm just not killing shit fast enough. Grand Rifts are a real challenge and sometimes I don't beat the timer. When I'm trying to get the bonus on a cursed chest I almost never do. I just feel like i'm missing something here. Do WD generally kill things this slowly? I've got good survivability in T5, but as I said it just takes a long-ass time to kill like elite packs and elite mobs and such. I'd like to cut that down some but it's really tough finding a better weapon. I just upgraded to a really sweet Legendary axe today after seemingly a week with my old weapon. I've made some real strides in DPS thanks to the past 24 hours and some incredibly lucky drops, but it all still seems not enough.

So I'm a Witch Doctor that pretty much relies on his minions. I've got the Zunimassa set, a RoRG, and I'm working on procuring other good stuff for my dude. I'm having a pretty easy time soloing Torment 5, but when I try Torment 6 I totally get my ass handed to me. It feels like there should be a difficulty level between 5 and 6, that's how much harder it feels. I last like seconds.

At any given time in battle I've got 29 minions going nuts all over, I've got me raining frogs and piranhas all over, and I'm doing just under 500k damage without Slamdance active (I think it's about 750k damage while Slamdance is down).

I just feel like, having played with some of you dudes and seeing what many of you are capable of, that I'm just not killing shit fast enough. Grand Rifts are a real challenge and sometimes I don't beat the timer. When I'm trying to get the bonus on a cursed chest I almost never do. I just feel like i'm missing something here. Do WD generally kill things this slowly? I've got good survivability in T5, but as I said it just takes a long-ass time to kill like elite packs and elite mobs and such. I'd like to cut that down some but it's really tough finding a better weapon. I just upgraded to a really sweet Legendary axe today after seemingly a week with my old weapon. I've made some real strides in DPS thanks to the past 24 hours and some incredibly lucky drops, but it all still seems not enough.

My WD is a hybrid pet/carnevil build (dogs, garg, and fetish) and I feel it's kinda faster than a normal pet build. When I have 20+ fetishes out, I can drop an elite in seconds. Before I got Carnevil, I used Rain of Toads instead of Poison Darts, and I felt time to kill was very slow. It doesn't help that I don't have any BiS gear. I currently have Carnevil and two pieces of Zunimasa, but stats aren't the greatest. If you can get increased Attack speed affixes, it should help your pet damage out.

Horseticuffs

Hey man want the jade set and quetz helm?

I also have this if you want http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/uhkapian-serpent

This stuff was of Sils but since I ain't using WD anymore maybe you can find it good use?
That Quetz helm sounds neat. I'm gathering equipment in case there's some non-pet build out there that's way better somehow on T6. Ideally I'd like to someday be able to solo 6 but I don't know realistic that is.

My WD is a hybrid pet/carnevil build (dogs, garg, and fetish) and I feel it's kinda faster than a normal pet build. When I have 20+ fetishes out, I can drop an elite in seconds. Before I got Carnevil, I used Rain of Toads instead of Poison Darts, and I felt time to kill was very slow. It doesn't help that I don't have any BiS gear. I currently have Carnevil and two pieces of Zunimasa, but stats aren't the greatest. If you can get increased Attack speed affixes, it should help your pet damage out.

I recently got my first socketed amulet, and I have a gem that allows me to have a 4 second buff of 1% attack speed each time I attack, and it stacks up to 15x. I haven't really been using it in lieu of a gem that gives my pets like 30% more damage. If I can somehow luck into a Carne that might really bring my game up to a whole other level!

Mask of Jeram has been the dream, but I'm open to other options.

ZenaxPure

Pet build doesn't really work well without a bunch of rare gear. Mask of Jeram nearly doubles pet damage, Tall Man's Finger transforms your zombie dogs into one large dog that can crit for 50 million in modest gear, Tasker & Theo makes them attack 50% faster, and a Star Metal Kukri makes it so you no longer need Zuni to keep Fetish Army up forever and on top of that it gives you 100% uptime on Big Bad Voodoo. While all of them are really powerful the Mask is by far the most important item to making a pet build work.

Horseticuffs

Pet build doesn't really work well without a bunch of rare gear. Mask of Jeram nearly doubles pet damage, Tall Man's Finger transforms your zombie dogs into one large dog that can crit for 50 million in modest gear, Tasker & Theo makes them attack 50% faster, and a Star Metal Kukri makes it so you no longer need Zuni to keep Fetish Army up forever and on top of that it gives you 100% uptime on Big Bad Voodoo. While all of them are really powerful the Mask is by far the most important item to making a pet build work.

That's what my brother tells me. I've gotten lucky with Zuni gear, but I need to find another piece because I've got a helmet (I've also got the chest and the mojo) which I'd need to lose if I ever am graced with a Jeram (I'm not holding my breath!).

Until that fine day I'm just riftin' and doing bounties. Trying to luck into that oh-so-rare gear! Definitely the Tasker and Theo and Starmetal sound great. More awesome drops to keep an eye out for.

Raptor

That Quetz helm sounds neat. I'm gathering equipment in case there's some non-pet build out there that's way better somehow on T6. Ideally I'd like to someday be able to solo 6 but I don't know realistic that is.

Oh man checking the names of the people I have added you are Splitdog and I have seen you playing but I couldnt remember so I didnt want to just jump in man lol, I will next time I see you, meanwhile tonight I will send you the stuff and if you are online I jump in and drop them out for you there.

:D

Horseticuffs

Oh man checking the names of the people I have added you are Splitdog and I have seen you playing but I couldnt remember so I didnt want to just jump in man lol, I will next time I see you, meanwhile tonight I will send you the stuff and if you are online I jump in and drop them out for you there.

:D

Thanks so much! Yeah, I often don't have a mic on and I'm usually only half paying attention due to life stuff but I'm always happy to see a fellow gaffer :)

Should I go with a gem that increases pet damage or attack speed?

ZenaxPure

That's what my brother tells me. I've gotten lucky with Zuni gear, but I need to find another piece because I've got a helmet (I've also got the chest and the mojo) which I'd need to lose if I ever am graced with a Jeram (I'm not holding my breath!).

Until that fine day I'm just riftin' and doing bounties. Trying to luck into that oh-so-rare gear! Definitely the Tasker and Theo and Starmetal sound great. More awesome drops to keep an eye out for.

Honestly a Mask of Jeram is >>>>> the Zuni set. Having all your pets do basically double damage makes a way bigger difference than the 8 or so fetishes you get from FA. Nowadays MoJ and TMF with well rolled other gear is enough to crush T6 pretty easily, don't really need Zuni at all if you can get those items. Honestly Zuni is just really depressing because all the pieces take up key slots.

Raptor

Thanks so much! Yeah, I often don't have a mic on and I'm usually only half paying attention due to life stuff but I'm always happy to see a fellow gaffer :)

Should I go with a gem that increases pet damage or attack speed?

Pet Damage, and for attack speed you will be looking for a Tasker and Theo gloves :)

Top Bottom