• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Pah, who needs other games?
Is there a class that's best suited to primarily playing solo? Just got the game on PS4 and I don't have any friends that own this game.
Demon Hunter. Marauder set and Taskers. Who needs friends when you have turrets?

Voidance

After seeing a Crusader for the first time last night I'm definitely going to start one after I get another piece of Zunimassa's and Tasker & Theo and can comfortably solo T6 on my WD.

With the gracious gifts of GAF and RNGesus, I'm soloing T6 just fine outside of rifts. There's always that damned carrot on a stick, though.
I converted to a Jade Harvester build from a Pet Doc and I still can't solo T6 it seems. What kind of stuff are you using?

Raptor

Hmm I'll make sure to send you an invite and lure you bk into D3 whenever I'm on then :)

You can bet that if you invite me and Im playing other game I will put the D3 disc and play with you guys lol, there is still so many things I want to do.

I was reading the Blizz Forums and there is a thread there that made a theory of a ranged monk, seems it will be fun to play.

Jijidasu

Sent a couple of friend requests out from Aki_Rouscelia. Thanks!

I'm currently using some of the augilds gear I have. Does anyone have spare akkhans? I don't think I have any thing of value to trade yet, though :(

Edit: my weapon choice now is: golden flense with lightning damage, strength modifier. Not sure if this is good or what!

sheesh

i really really wanna come back and play this game again....but the grind for the furnace and the belt i needed for my wiz is sooo frustrating..... If anyone still plays this at T6 and etc add me guys :(

i need friends to play with

AldzDrakul#1229

Raptor

Sent a couple of friend requests out from Aki_Rouscelia. Thanks!

I'm currently using some of the augilds gear I have. Does anyone have spare akkhans? I don't think I have any thing of value to trade yet, though :(

Edit: my weapon choice now is: golden flense with lightning damage, strength modifier. Not sure if this is good or what!

I do have Akkhan stuff, add me xRaptor_1

In fact I will give you all the damn set lol.

Raptor

Wow, thank you very much! I sent you a request this morning actually! :)
Awesome, I will send you teh stuff tonight since In at work now, I will also sent you a Fate of the Fell for if you want tro try a Shotgun Build :)
If anybody wants to help gear up my lvl70 monk :), or just go on some runs, feel free to add me: PSN name: soupbones

I will add you, I have a monk myself and playing together will help with the drops, maybe we get better gear, I have some Sunwuku stuff too if you want.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
I converted to a Jade Harvester build from a Pet Doc and I still can't solo T6 it seems. What kind of stuff are you using?
It's funny Krayzie and Pons were having quite the time yesterday poking fun at my gear. It is sort of a hodgepodge to be sure.

I can't recall it all here at work but I've got a few pieces of Zunimassa's, I've got a RRoG, I've gota mask of Jeram, some other nice pieces that were donated kindly by dudes in this thread. I've got a few slots just filled with the best crap I can find until I get lucky.

When I've got all my shit going good I've got thirty things fighting for me, 29 of which have like 200℅ damage, much more than that when I throw Slamdance down.

I really like playing this way but pretty much every gaffer I run across simply shames me in how fast they can kill shit. It's ridiculous.

All part of the process I guess :)

Raptor

Remember Horseticuffs to reroll some sockets on Chest and Pants.

For end game stuff you need to put the higher gems on there so your dps can improve a lot, roll in CHC whenever you can on gloves, amulets, wrists, headpiece.

Horseticuffs

Remember Horseticuffs to reroll some sockets on Chest and Pants.

For end game stuff you need to put the higher gems on there so your dps can improve a lot, roll in CHC whenever you can on gloves, amulets, wrists, headpiece.
Here's where my relative newbie status kicks in. How do I enchant to ensure a slot? I've fucked up great gear with shitty enchants many times.

Raptor

Here's where my relative newbie status kicks in. How do I took to ensure a slot? I've fucked up great gear with shitty enchants many times.

Take your pants for instance to the enchanter and see in your rolls something to trade out like lets say "455 Armor" before you enchant make sure pressing square to see if enchanting may give you this "1-2 sockets" as possible enchants, it will be almost at t he top of the list, if its there enchant it and is a question of luck.

As to what to reroll lies the question, I always roll away things like elemental damage for instance for me is more important to have 2 sockets instead of "20% lightning damage on pants.

Horseticuffs

Take your pants for instance to the enchanter and see in your rolls something to trade out like lets say "455 Armor" before you enchant make sure pressing square to see if enchanting may give you this "1-2 sockets" as possible enchants, it will be almost at t he top of the list, if its there enchant it and is a question of luck.

As to what to reroll lies the question, I always roll away things like elemental damage for instance for me is more important to have 2 sockets instead of "20% lightning damage on pants.
It didn't even occur to me to press square to like inspect at a deeper level.

Thanks for the tips n' tricks, guys!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
So, I found 2 Unity rings (thx RNG). Is it an auto-add to my character/minion? I mean, I seem to be losing quite a bit of DPS from removing my SoJ.

So, I found 2 Unity rings (thx RNG). Is it an auto-add to my character/minion? I mean, I seem to be losing quite a bit of DPS from removing my SoJ.

I think for it to be really useful you also need one of the legendary object for your followers that make them invincible.

Raptor

If you have no use for them at all then I'd definitely put them to good use! :)

They are yours, in a few hours like at 15:00 CT when I get online I ll send them to you.

:)

EDIT:

Does anyone has a Meticulous Bolts?

I remember having ones but now they aint on my stash and I need them for my Lightning Sentry DH lol

Eh starting to lose steam in this game and am wondering if there's anything left for me. Been grinding for weeks at T4-5 for literally any good items and haven't found a freaking thing.

My character is a Crusader, paragon 118
DPS- 1.2 million
Armor- 6.7 million
Life- 26.5K

At this point just hoping to find some new legendaries or set pieces tht actually increase my stats to freshen things up. :

dog$

Hates quality gaming
What is your build and what legendary gems are you using (and what levels are they at). Sheet stats don't give the full picture of the best way to progress.

What is your build and what legendary gems are you using (and what levels are they at). Sheet stats don't give the full picture of the best way to progress.

Having zero luck finding new legendary or set items, all I can really assume I can do is upgrade my socketed gems. But a good deal of my gear I can't re-roll for sockets, but also can't seem to have any better options drop for me. As for the gems, ugh, so not looking to have to grind the millions of need to do that.

http://imgur.com/FMjUxmR
http://imgur.com/4jMBqh1
http://imgur.com/Nn1WkbW
http://imgur.com/fTx9uFo
http://imgur.com/RSvMIS6
http://imgur.com/p3kmDhw
http://imgur.com/FzWXYZ2
http://imgur.com/9PwHgIQ
http://imgur.com/NJj8fKX
http://imgur.com/LdDys32
http://imgur.com/JxUyI3l
http://imgur.com/CxcAGa4

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Thanks for taking the time to take all those pics.

OK, let's go around the dial.

Weapon: I have to wonder what its original STR was at for you to reroll that. Ideally you would have rolled the natural socket off to +%damage and then use a Gift to put that socket back on.

Ring 1 (Band): Pay special attention to any non-boot items which have movement speed on them (that, Compass Rose, Slave Bonds, Lacuni Prowler, Flavor of Time), as that affix can be rolled into something much more useful. If you kept its original STR value and rolled that movement speed into CC, that ring would be much more useful to you.

Ring 2 (rare): Fine. No RORG?

Boots: Even on boots, it's more useful to put the movement speed to something else and use Paragon points for your movement speed increase. There's not a lot to do with boots anyway so don't despair over these.

Pants: Hopefully you've been burning shards for this, as this should be the easiest thing for you to get in either Akkans or Rolands.

Belt: Probably as good as you can get for now until something like a String of Ears or Witching Hour comes along or maybe even a Thundergods if you roll with Lightning.

Shield: I've had a few of those equipped and I don't think I've ever seen that special actually occur. Does it? I honestly don't know. Tempted to say the socket should be changed to All Res, but it's probably not much different to just put a diamond in there anyway. I think I might have a Helskul laying around, and that would be a much better shield for you given your other item choices.

Bracer: I imagine a crafted Reaper's Wrap would help you out here at least. Bracer is one place where you can always have an elemental bonus and you don't have one here. This is a problem. More later.

Shoulder: Really nice roll here. Up the STR if you must, otherwise it's fine where it stands.

Amulet: If this was 90%+ CHD I'd say keep it, but you might be able to justify losing 64% CHD for a socket to hold a third legendary gem.

Helm: What's this ruby doing here? Otherwise, same as pants - should be easiest to get you a set item here from Kadala or drops.

Chest: Roll Life Per Second to %Life. Decent otherwise.

There's also the question of your build - it seems like you want to do Holy attacks but without +%Holy damage on your amulet or bracer, it's not going to be as effective.

So.

If I were you, I'd hunt out a new RORG to replace that Band of Untold Secrets and try to get 3 each of Akkans and Rolands, as I'm assuming that you're not trying to go Shotgun build at the moment.

Add some people like me (Sillysil) and others. I'm not sure what I have laying around but I think I have a few Crusader leftovers yet. Others who main Crusaders will likely have more stashed away. Playing in groups will help you acquire gems, mats, gold, and leftover items quicker.

I think you have a lot yet to go before throwing in the towel.

Thanks for taking the time to take all those pics.

OK, let's go around the dial.

Weapon: I have to wonder what it's original STR was at for you to reroll that. Ideally you would have rolled the natural socket off to +%damage and then use a Gift to put that socket back on.

Ring 1 (Band): Pay special attention to any non-boot items which have movement speed on them (that, Compass Rose, Slave Bonds, Lacuni Prowler, Flavor of Time), as that affix can be rolled into something much more useful. If you kept its original STR value and rolled that movement speed into CC, that ring would be much more useful to you.

Ring 2 (rare): Fine. No RORG?

Boots: Even on boots, it's more useful to put the movement speed to something else and use Paragon points for your movement speed increase. There's not a lot to do with boots anyway so don't despair over these.

Pants: Hopefully you've been burning shards for this, as this should be the easiest thing for you to get in either Akkans or Rolands.

Belt: Probably as good as you can get for now until something like a String of Ears or Witching Hour comes along or maybe even a Thundergods if you roll with Lightning.

Shield: I've had a few of those equipped and I don't think I've ever seen that special actually occur. Does it? I honestly don't know. Tempted to say the socket should be changed to All Res, but it's probably not much different to just put a diamond in there anyway. I think I might have a Helskul laying around, and that would be a much better shield for you given your other item choices.

Bracer: I imagine a crafted Reaper's Wrap would help you out here at least. Bracer is one place where you can always have an elemental bonus and you don't have one here. This is a problem. More later.

Shoulder: Really nice roll here. Up the STR if you must, otherwise it's fine where it stands.

Amulet: If this was 90%+ CHD I'd say keep it, but you might be able to justify losing 64% CHD for a socket to hold a third legendary gem.

Helm: What's this ruby doing here? Otherwise, same as pants - should be easiest to get you a set item here from Kadala or drops.

Chest: Roll Life Per Second to %Life. Decent otherwise.

There's also the question of your build - it seems like you want to do Holy attacks but without +%Holy damage on your amulet or bracer, it's not going to be as effective.

So.

If I were you, I'd hunt out a new RORG to replace that Band of Untold Secrets and try to get 3 each of Akkans and Rolands, as I'm assuming that you're not trying to go Shotgun build at the moment.

Add some people like me (Sillysil) and others. I'm not sure what I have laying around but I think I have a few Crusader leftovers yet. Others who main Crusaders will likely have more stashed away. Playing in groups will help you acquire gems, mats, gold, and leftover items quicker.

I think you have a lot yet to go before throwing in the towel.

Ok looks like I have some homework to do. Lots of abbreviations, too, so bear with me as I don't know some of what you're referencing. Pretty sure I have a complete Roland's set at this point, so guess I should re-roll on some of those pieces?

PS - I'm playing on XBONE. Gamer tag is: Korean B B Q

Frenden

Banned
Dunlop75
PS4

Just picked it up from that crazy sale

Hope there is a community to make it worth leveling.never played RoS, but had beaten Diablo3

Rad. I'll add you next time I'm on. I beat DIII on PC, but this is my first time back since a few months after launch. Digging the controller based method of play.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Finally got around to finishing up acts 4 and 5. Took my time through everything in the game, and upped difficulty pretty regularly, so I finished at level 69. Will mess around with adventure mode a bit later just to see what that's all about. But I probably won't sink my teeth into that for a while since Dragon Age is up next (and why I pushed through D3 this weekend to not have 2 RPGs going at once).

Jijidasu

I'm going to be running rifts and thinking about my first greater rift today if anyone is interested in tagging along! PSN Aki-Rouscelia.

Frenden

Banned
I got a Rainbow Goblin while in my second mission ever. Are these common or I did I get incredibly lucky? I cleared the Whimsy portal and got a few great (for a low level scrub) drops.

Top Bottom