• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Do I need to pre-order for the PS stuff or will they be available later (TLoU area)?

Sorry if that question is constantly asked. :)

The Last of Us Rift and Shadow of The Colossus Transmog items aren't pre-order items. They are in the PS3/PS4 versions no matter when you get the game.

beanman25

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls - Ultimate Evil Edition | Xbox One Digital Download available now (AUS)

http://store.xbox.com/en-AU/Xbox-On...-Edition/998bb45d-6a74-4587-8c40-fee36e3fefc8

Size: 21.85 GB

If you want to download it now and you are not from Australia, just switch to Australia at the very bottom of the page.

And yes, it will work in your language.

Downloading now :)

How exactly do I buy it? It doesn't let me use one of the payment options from my US account?

You are in for a treat. The story is nothing much, but this game has been receiving so much work done to it since launch....it's amazing and jam full of content to last you a longgg time.

Awesome! I'm on my 4th character in Dark Souls II and getting a little burned out. Really hoping this can be the bridge between the empty summer and fall explosion (for me: Assassin's, Shadow of Mordor, Lords of the Fallen, Dragon Age).

Smidget

Is there a really good newbie guide anywhere? Never played Diablo III and want to get the basics and which classes to pick, etc. Googled some here and there, just wondering there's one nice consolidated place for everything :)

bought a game for a friend. said it didn't qualify for Release day delivery due to location (Florida) i'm like lolwut. asked for a 15% discount.

So any word on how good the remote play looks? Thinking about picking this up and a vita instead of a second DS4 to use as another controller.

I'd like to know this as well.

I've been playing the vanilla game on my laptop for the first time in 2 years this past week and I've really been getting into it, but I'm not sure if I should buy the PS4 version or if I should just upgrade my PC version. I've been playing a lot while watching baseball and NFL preseason games and if Remote Play works well I may just pick up the PS4 version instead of upgrading.

Is this available to download on the US store for ps4? I bought it on the store and it's now downloading a 28gb file but the name is diablo 3 reaper of souls uee. Is this just the expansion I've queued up or something?

Hoodbury

I'm a Diablo newbie, can you guys explain how partying works in this game? And is there any GAF unwritten or written "rules" for playing together for courtesy sake?

Do you just jump in the middle of a game with other people if they are already playing? Do you all have to group up before going out on a quest or whatever?

I've added a few GAFers from the list thread and I'll try to get a few more added before tomorrow but I don't want to do anything rude by joining a group I shouldn't join or cold inviting a bunch of people to start a group or something like that if people don't like random invites.

klodeckel

Banned
Oooooh! I didn't think that would work.

Doing so now. Do other games typically do like this with Australia?

I'm from Germany and the prices on the digital stores are simply ridiculous. That's why I am always using the US/AUS digital marketplace. Instead of 69,99 Euro ($93) I only pay about 42 Euro :)

Hey guys, wanted to give a follow up on the xbox store.

Im from the states. Opened in chrome and payment options wouldnt appear. For some reason they did in IE.

Entered my payment info as correct as I could. When I couldnt i just put something. Like the state is obviously not my home state i put somewhere in australia.

charged my card, and my xbox instantly started downloading it.

drotahorror

Didn't see it on the last couple pages, but is there any way to unlock the game early? ie Making a New Zealand account or something?

Have you found any rifts yet? Never played RoS before so I am not sure how those show up or work.

-Rifts are only in adventure mode, which unlocks when you beat act V
-Adventure mode has all areas of the game open and there are quests ("bounties") that you can see on the map
-Complete bounties for Rift Keystone Fragments
-In town, there's a stone pillar thing where you can use Rift Keystone fragments to open a Rift
-Rifts are randomly generated and ask you to kill enough enemies to make a boss appear. Kill the boss, collect his loot, go back to town and talk to Tyrael to close the Rift.

So the TLOU Rift is a random appearance in a specific part of the game. Though at max level you will spend a lot of time doing Rifts, so will see it more often then.

bidguy

Banned
I'm from Germany and the prices on the digital stores are simply ridiculous. That's why I am always using the US/AUS digital marketplace. Instead of 69,99 Euro ($93) I only pay about 42 Euro :)

yep i do the same usually

but this time i have a lot of us cash on my account and id rather wait and get this game for free that way :p

JCizzle

I'm a Diablo newbie, can you guys explain how partying works in this game? And is there any GAF unwritten or written "rules" for playing together for courtesy sake?

Do you just jump in the middle of a game with other people if they are already playing? Do you all have to group up before going out on a quest or whatever?

I've added a few GAFers from the list thread and I'll try to get a few more added before tomorrow but I don't want to do anything rude by joining a group I shouldn't join or cold inviting a bunch of people to start a group or something like that if people don't like random invites.
At least in the PC version, the etiquette for a normal group is to just kill shit without going afk for lengths of time. Also, don't join modes you're unprepared for just to leech. Other than that, nothing I can think of!

Im from the states. Opened in chrome and payment options wouldnt appear. For some reason they did in IE.

Entered my payment info as correct as I could. When I couldnt i just put something. Like the state is obviously not my home state i put somewhere in australia.

If only I hadn't already put the money on my Xbox account, I could be downloading it now. =/

Wanchan

Sorry if it's been said already thread is going fast, but any word on the region restriction? If i buy the US version, can i play with EU/ASIA players?

Didn't see it on the last couple pages, but is there any way to unlock the game early? ie Making a New Zealand account or something?

You dont even have to. Read my post above yours after going to the xbox store and changing your location to australia (click the United States button at the bottom)

Dahbomb

I don't know how things are on consoles but these are the general etiquette that people follow (or should follow) when playing online with others on the PC version at least.

*When starting out leveling your character from 1-70, it's generally a given that most people haven't seen the cutscenes yet. However this game has been out for 2 years so there will be many people who will be skipping cutscenes. That is why if you are interested in the story you should avoid playing with others as most people online skip everything. If you have beaten the game (seen the story) or don't care about the story then you would have no problems playing online.

*After LVL70 all cutscenes will be skipped, no question about it.

*Don't AFK while in a Party/Game. If you have to do something but still want to stay in the Party, you can leave the game so that your profile icon becomes transparent meaning that you aren't in-game. The reason why you shouldn't be in a game while being AFK is because the monster HP goes up if there are more players so you don't want to ruin other people's efficiency.

*When in higher level groups you generally want to avoid picking everything up and looking at every nook and cranny. You want to play at a brisk pace and get to the objective as fast as possible. Try to avoid going back to town to Vendor/Salvage frequently although in console version while in local play everyone gets teleported together so it's even more important to be wary of your pick ups.

*It's generally good manners to give item of good quality to someone else if you have something like it, even if its slightly better than what you had before. If its an item that is not of your class or is useless to your build then you should give it to someone else in your party as well. No one likes a hoarder in these games..... and trust me some people even on GAF like to hoard for no real reason! YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!

*Don't make fun of other people's build or class choice or item choice. You can ask questions about other people's builds like "why are you using that particular item for the build?" Usually you get the response of "well I don't have any thing better for this slot". or "I wanted to try something different from the usual builds". People in high level tend to be very critical of gear/build choices and don't want people with low efficiency in their party.

*Please stick to parties and content that is suitable for your gear/level. No one likes to carry someone who is vastly under leveled and holding back the group. Like for example don't attempt to join games that are T6 lvl70 while your character is lvl50 and is filled mostly with Rare items. The rule of thumb is that you should attempt difficulties that you can solo yourself so if you can solo T5 then you should join T5 or below games. In groups though you can generally handle one difficulty above your tier but anything more is usually too much (so a T5 solo character can handle a well organized T6 group).

*Ask before closing a Rift. Some people might have Legendaries still lying around the map that they need to collect.

*Ask before Salvaging/Vendoring an item that might be good... someone might actually want it.

*Don't start playing with Rifts with only a handful of Rift Key fragments. Make sure you are well stocked before doing some Rift runs... you don't want to be in a position where other people are paying for your Rift runs. This will be changed in 2.1 though but you would still need Fragments to run Rifts.

*When it comes to Split Bounties, people absolutely loathe AFKers. Never AFK in a Split Bounty, that's a form of leeching in the game. You want to play as far as possible in Split Bounties so make sure you have a build that allows you to run around fast and kill enemies fast (Split bounties are generally played at a low difficulty so people of all builds can clear content fast).

In general, don't be hostile, don't AFK repeatedly, don't get into games that are above your power level and don't try to take too much time with certain actions which may hold down the group.

-Rifts are only in adventure mode, which unlocks when you beat act V
-Adventure mode has all areas of the game open and there are quests ("bounties") that you can see on the map
-Complete bounties for Rift Keystone Fragments
-In town, there's a stone pillar thing where you can use Rift Keystone fragments to open a Rift
-Rifts are randomly generated and ask you to kill enough enemies to make a boss appear. Kill the boss, collect his loot, go back to town and talk to Tyrael to close the Rift.

So the TLOU Rift is a random appearance in a specific part of the game. Though at max level you will spend a lot of time doing Rifts, so will see it more often then.

Awesome!! Thanks for the additional deets. :)

JJD

I don't know how things are on consoles but these are the general etiquette that people follow (or should follow) when playing online with others on the PC version at least.

So loot is shared between all players?

Great tips man, thank you.

Dahbomb

Loot is shared if you are in a local co-op but not if you are playing against other people online.

Cool, so if I drop items that I don't want they will they appear to my teammates right?
Yes that's correct.

If i just want english , it's the 20gb file? the 37 one is multilanguage?

edit: Ok, this is really confusing, it was starting to download 5gb files?? what should i do? i dont want do download +60gb ffs

It's kind of disappointing to be seeing this early digital release from the other side this time. Sony guys jumped all over the fix for our early release, and Microsoft doesn't even seem to care. Unless I'm reading these posts wrong and this is the Xbox's version of a preload, and they aren't yet allowed to play.

It's kind of disappointing to be seeing this early digital release from the other side this time. Sony guys jumped all over the fix for our early release, and Microsoft doesn't even seem to care. Unless I'm reading these posts wrong and this is the Xbox's version of a preload, and they aren't yet allowed to play.
Ha ha, wow, next time speak in hushed tones you posted minutes after a Sony insider, unless it auto corrected itself since the insider says Sony isn't even awake yet.. on the bright side NZ saw an unusual spike in sales.

*Don't AFK while in a Party/Game. If you have to do something but still want to stay in the Party, you can leave the game so that your profile icon becomes transparent meaning that you aren't in-game. The reason why you shouldn't be in a game while being AFK is because the monster HP goes up if there are more players so you don't want to ruin other people's efficiency.

This is my biggest pet peeve of playing online. At least 1/3 of the time people enter the game and don't even move in town.

A few times I didn't mind as I was getting better EXP and magic find % but wtf??

Annoying you can't just kick them out, you got to drop the game and restart.

Ha ha, wow, next time speak in hushed tones you posted minutes after a Sony insider, unless it auto corrected itself since the insider says Sony isn't even awake yet.. on the bright side NZ saw an unusual spike in sales.
Thought I was on the wrong page or something. If you were one of the users up at around midnight 11 hours ago and I just don't recognize you, I apologize, I still have slept, but yesterday someone here posted about being able to use a NZ account to play the PSN digital version early, then the insider said he had emailed someone about it, then it was fixed shortly after, but the insider said it wasn't likely a result of his email.

Edit: I'm on mobile and it shows titles, but I don't see any insiders on this page.

In other news, my red controller showed up today.

Thought I was on the wrong page or something. If you were one of the users up at around midnight 11 hours ago and I just don't recognize you, I apologize, I still have slept, but yesterday someone here posted about being able to use a NZ account to play the PSN digital version early, then the insider said he had emailed someone about it, then it was fixed shortly after, but the insider said it wasn't likely a result of his email.

Oh my bad, I thought you were the person who suggested it in the first place, he was the one who posted right after the insider. I kinda saw it coming unfortunately.. Neogaf OT's have a microscope on them when it comes to those things.

DR3AMxCATCHER

Neo Member

Can confirm, I ended up having to call my bank to remove a restricted access on my card, but I did get the payment to go through after speaking to them to verify the transaction.

Downloading now. :)

Oh my bad, I thought you were the person who suggested it in the first place, he was the one who posted right after the insider. I kinda saw it coming unfortunately.. Neogaf OT's have a microscope on them when it comes to those things.
In retrospect, my post about it immediately at the top of the next page probably didn't help. I've just never seen something like this actually fixed, and so quickly at such an odd hour as well.

Top Bottom