• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

HORRORSHØW

Hey Sil... Fist of Az + Gungdo gears =

wlJxB1p.gif

:lol
lmao. always great to see shit explode with EP. i've been running a flying dragon variant these days to change things up. not as good as bells but fun nonetheless.

I just started Diablo III last night as my first Diablo game. I'm jamming on PS4, and I have to say... I had no idea I loved loot so much. Finding rare or legendary drops made it impossible to drop the controller. That and really feeling the impact of my choices, be it in equipment, or attacks, or class. Not to mention joining up with people makes you feel unstoppable! I'll be excited to play with friends instead of just randos. I should have a couple somewhere.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I made a huge mistake!

I accidentally deleted my level 70 Witch Doctor !!!
Anyone here can help me out to level up back to 70¿?
PS4 ID: Fersis_4

Thanks!

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Is that even possible? @___@

If it hasn't been replaced by your more recent local save yes. You could simply download what you have stored online and replace your newer save, and potentially get your character back. Would work with USB saves as well of course if you have that.

Donos

Anything i need to know for importing all my PS3 chars to PS4? Someone posted here that the stash was to small in the PS4 version and he/she lost a lot of stuff.

johnhandy

Anything i need to know for importing all my PS3 chars to PS4? Someone posted here that the stash was to small in the PS4 version and he/she lost a lot of stuff.
It's pretty straightforward. Link PSN account with Battle.net account, and select Export from PS3. Only suggestion is to not get rid of your PS3 console/game until you're sure everything was imported correctly to PS4.

Donos

It's pretty straightforward. Link PSN account with Battle.net account, and select Export from PS3. Only suggestion is to not get rid of your PS3 console/game until you're sure everything was imported correctly to PS4.

And the complete stash will get moved over and all the gear/items my characters have?

maomaoIYP

Finally managed to get my 5th piece of the Firebird set last night. I took about 400k loss to sheet dps but now I can melt through T5 with no problems at all. My gear is still not optimal but it's already ridiculous how good the build is.

h3ro

PTR 2.2 Patch Notes were put up.

Some really interesting changes to streamline the game including this:
Regular Health Potions have been removed from the game
The Health Potion slot on the action bar is now a bottomless Heath Potion that will heal you for 60% of your maximum Life
The functionality of Legendary bottomless potions is unchanged

Interested in seeing how those Monk changes play out. Inna's build just got A LOT more interesting!

For my Monk bros:

Monk
Active Skills
Mystic Ally
Now has the same attack speed as you do
Passive Skills
Near Death Experience
Has been redesigned
When receiving fatal damage, you instead restore 35% Life and 35% Spirit and are immune to damage and control impairing effects for 2 seconds
This effect may occur once every 60 seconds

Inna's Mantra
Has been redesigned
(2) Set Bonus
Increase the passive effect of your Mystic Ally and the base passive effect of your Mantra by 100%
(6) Set Bonus
New Set Bonus
Mystic Ally casts Cyclone Strike, Exploding Palm, Lashing Tail Kick, Seven-Sided Strike, and Wave of Light when you do
Madstone
Bug Fixes
Fixed an issue that caused Exploding Palm to be applied after Seven-Sided Strike did damage
Raiment of a Thousand Storms
Has been redesigned
(2) Set Bonus
Your Spirit Generators have 25% increased attack speed and 500% increased damage
(4) Set Bonus
Increases the weapon damage of Dashing Strike to 5000%
(6) Set Bonus
Dashing Strike now spends 50 Spirit, but refunds a Charge when it does
New Monk Bracer (PH Name)
New Bracers
Your Spirit generators reduce your damage taken by 30-40% for 3 seconds

Raiment is still only useful for its transmogs.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
I lost 90% of my stuff in the stash and had rebuy stash slots. Most of my completed challenges reset too. If you have chars fill Em up with stash stuff first.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Now that's more interesting to read than the so-vague-it's-pointless PR piece.

I could see using an Obsidian ring now, for my one Wiz at least -particularly with how Tals is changed. DML quiver finally has something to differentiate it from the rest. The new DH set might be justifiable with the 4 piece Marauder set? Lots of nice sprucing up here overall. Hooray for crafting changes too.

As always, though, we have to wait for the other shoe to drop to see what the nerfs are.
Grimløck;153796940 said:
man, hopefully 2.2 hits consoles soon.
C'mon, you know it'll be no sooner than sometime within the first month after the current season ends, just as it happened for this current patch.

Raptor

And as soon it drops I will go back to Monk again since it will return to what I like meaning a pure generator build with the Dragon probably, going for pure APS baby!!

As Dabombh posted on the PC thread right now its looking so fucking good in the PTR.

maomaoIYP

Finally managed to get my 5th piece of the Firebird set last night. I took about 400k loss to sheet dps but now I can melt through T5 with no problems at all. My gear is still not optimal but it's already ridiculous how good the build is.

Quoting myself, because last night I realized that the same character which could only do T4 previously can now do T6 and not just T5. My sheet dps is only slightly above 1000k! Quite amazing how sheet dps really doesn't mean all that much in certain builds.

bobawesome

Heh....someone accused me of using modded gear in a T6 game earlier, how about that. My Crusader only has a modest attack of 1.8 million.

Mystic ally being able to cast Wave of Light seems crazy. WoL already feels OP as is.

Is there a known issue with blood shards disappearing if you move over them but don't have the capacity to hold them?

If I find a blood shard goblin, I have to leave and spend my shards or else I'll lose some or all of what the rift boss drops.

teiresias

So I was given the PS4 version of the game for Christmas and am just getting around to playing it. Is the campaign in this easy as hell, do I really need to bump it up to the hardest currently unlocked difficulty, or is it just easy because I'm only in Act II? I mean, I've had to use maybe five potions, maybe died once, and pretty much slaughter anything in my path without paying too terribly much attention to the gear I'm wearing. I'm playing a Crusader btw.

I haven't played a Diablo game since the first one, but I'm not really finding this nearly as engaging as I remember the first game being.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
So I was given the PS4 version of the game for Christmas and am just getting around to playing it. Is the campaign in this easy as hell, do I really need to bump it up to the hardest currently unlocked difficulty, or is it just easy because I'm only in Act II? I mean, I've had to use maybe five potions, maybe died once, and pretty much slaughter anything in my path without paying too terribly much attention to the gear I'm wearing. I'm playing a Crusader btw.

I haven't played a Diablo game since the first one, but I'm not really finding this nearly as engaging as I remember the first game being.

Set the game to the hardest available. If it gets too hard then you bump it down a notch.

jimmypython

Hi all!

I have probably a dumb question (yeah I just discovered that you can upgrade the stash after having 3 level 70 characters and paragon at 90 lolol)....is it possible to check the total play time for the character in the console version?

The campaign is super easy for an experienced gamer. Good news is that D3 doesn't really begin until post-70, so wait until rifts to decide if you like it.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk

It's brain dead even on the hardest available difficulty. Apparently the main game is irrelevant and it's all about end-game stuff now. Which I don't quite care for. I mean it's fine to have a challenging end-game, but there's no reason why the main campaign should be so damn boring. :|

teiresias

It's brain dead even on the hardest available difficulty. Apparently the main game is irrelevant and it's all about end-game stuff now. Which I don't quite care for. I mean it's fine to have a challenging end-game, but there's no reason why the main campaign should be so damn boring. :|

I agree, and since I hear the console versions are hacked to hell and back so my interest in online play is fairly nil, I think I'll probably just grind through the campaign and then trade it in towards Type-0 or Bloodborne. It's a shame because I love these kinds of games on a controller, and I think it plays well otherwise.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I agree, and since I hear the console versions are hacked to hell and back so my interest in online play is fairly nil, I think I'll probably just grind through the campaign and then trade it in towards Type-0 or Bloodborne. It's a shame because I love these kinds of games on a controller, and I think it plays well otherwise.
I agree. I played with my boyfriend so I didn't need to go to the hacked online for coop, at least, but I wish the game itself was more substantial.

HORRORSHØW

uhh. Managed to get a Calamity from Kadala and my game froze before it saved so I lost it :/
ancient or no? if ancient, RIP.

Finally got a level 70 witching hour to replace my level 60, it rolled as an ancient as well!
congrats! i've yet to see an ancient WH, or an ancient inna's belt for that matter.
--
running an arcane torrent: static discharge lightning wizard to change things up. pretty good for mid 30s GR.

Dazzyman

Me and the wife started playing this again last night high level 54 I think. We not played for months as a relapse with health.

If I want to get some goodies on xbox one add us both

Dazzyman
Ikkle Panda

maomaoIYP

Does anyone know if there's some sort of drop rate bug on T6? I've been farming for a few days with my main on T6 and I'm getting maybe like 1 legendary for every 2 rift bosses, with no drops from elites or chests. Last night I swapped over to another character on T3 and have like 4 legendaries and 3 set items within 90 minutes.

Raptor

Does anyone know if there's some sort of drop rate bug on T6? I've been farming for a few days with my main on T6 and I'm getting maybe like 1 legendary for every 2 rift bosses, with no drops from elites or chests. Last night I swapped over to another character on T3 and have like 4 legendaries and 3 set items within 90 minutes.

Maybe a bug or maybe just how the RNG works, I mean I have that happened to me too on ocassions too, not a single legendary in sight for an hour or more and then bam like 4 or 5 one after another.

quest

Not Banned from OT

That is just way the game is very streaky. Might do 10 rifts with crap for drops then go on a tear of 2 or 3 in a row where it is raining legendary left and right. Same with kadala might spend 2k shards and get 1-2 legendary. Then get 4 the next time I spend 500 shards.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Dumptruck Barb is silly. I knew that Leapquake was more flash than substance before, but actually using one is a night and day difference. I'm going to spend the week contemplating on how to make a build for it which doesn't use the big cooldown abilities - the gear does help to justify it, but I'd still prefer to have skills at the ready whenever available.

quest; It's like one of those party stories which starts with "just after you left", but seriously - within one or two rifts with Krayzie afterwards, I had a better Anc Maximus drop and Anc Gloves from Kadala (low CD but I could roll Cooldown on them). Those happening with the A Heart Slaughter right before that was pretty nuts.
Does anyone know if there's some sort of drop rate bug on T6? .... Last night I swapped over to another character on T3 and have like 4 legendaries and 3 set items within 90 minutes.
RNG.

On this past weekend it wasn't uncommon for me to have 5+ drops on a ten minute rift run, and that's before accounting for anything from Kadala.

7 drops in 90 minutes sounds low regardless. You might be able to survive T6 and run T3 more quickly but that kind of drop rate suggests that you're still not killing things quickly enough. It's difficult to say more beyond that without knowing your specs and playstyle.

A super awesome gaffer sent me an INT furnace. Thanks so much!
You're welcome.

iso135

I just picked up D3:UEE in the Best Buy sale for Xbox One. I have played about 150 hours on PC, but I am completely new to the console version.

What class should I play? I would prefer a class that can go into higher torments with a certain build, or a class where it really makes sense to aim for certain gear. Shooting to get certain gear to go with my build fuels me to play more.

For background, I already played a bunch on Wizard most recently, so I would rather skip that one. My most time played is with a Barbarian, so I'd rather not play that either, but could be convinced.

What class? What build? What gear? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
I just picked up D3:UEE in the Best Buy sale for Xbox One. I have played about 150 hours on PC, but I am completely new to the console version.

What class should I play? I would prefer a class that can go into higher torments with a certain build, or a class where it really makes sense to aim for certain gear. Shooting to get certain gear to go with my build fuels me to play more.

For background, I already played a bunch on Wizard most recently, so I would rather skip that one. My most time played is with a Barbarian, so I'd rather not play that either, but could be convinced.

What class? What build? What gear? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Monk was my first class on console, picked it to really get to appreciate the melee combat /direct control of the character vs the mouse control on PC.

Akhe

Me and the wife started playing this again last night high level 54 I think. We not played for months as a relapse with health.

If I want to get some goodies on xbox one add us both

Dazzyman
Ikkle Panda

Ahahah me and my wife too = D

Top Bottom