• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Krayzie

Yo thx Pagan. I'm full fledged Krayzie now. Bye bye junior :)

Yea haven't done an all nighter in some time now. D3 is the only game I do that and haven't been playing much of it.

Perhaps if my Swedish brethrens came bk (yes you as well Tunesmith), that might change.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Still can't find a WD build which feels fun though.
Fetish darts is what I'm working with lately. it's decent.

Carnevil lets your fetishes echo your poison dart shots. Dagger of Darts lets those darts pierce - combine this with Zuni 4 piece to have to only summon the fetishes once. Alternatively, if you're lucky enough to have one, you can use a Starmetal Kukuri to keep casting Fetishes and Voodoo as often as necessary to essentially have it at the ready at all times (which gives you the freedom to not require the Zuni 4 piece bonus, which means you can do something like put a Tal's chest on instead). It's not a very quick build but it's rather effective against a single target.

The main things about WD which makes a build work are the weapon and hat. Set hats are auto-junk, and I don't see Manajuma doing anything special (not that I've made a point to look for build suggestions with it).

Ryhian

I'm starting to play again after a long break. Been playing my witch doctor which is able to handle T3 albeit a bit slow. Trying to figure out the gear and build situations again. Still rocking pet armies but not sure if it's still best. I'll prob post more details about my gear/build to ask for assistance.

In the few online with random games I've played there is always a duper who thinks he's hot shit. So annoying.

maomaoIYP

Fetish darts is what I'm working with lately. it's decent.

Carnevil lets your fetishes echo your poison dart shots. Dagger of Darts lets those darts pierce - combine this with Zuni 4 piece to have to only summon the fetishes once. Alternatively, if you're lucky enough to have one, you can use a Starmetal Kukuri to keep casting Fetishes and Voodoo as often as necessary to essentially have it at the ready at all times (which gives you the freedom to not require the Zuni 4 piece bonus, which means you can do something like put a Tal's chest on instead). It's not a very quick build but it's rather effective against a single target.

The main things about WD which makes a build work are the weapon and hat. Set hats are auto-junk, and I don't see Manajuma doing anything special (not that I've made a point to look for build suggestions with it).
I have the Mask of Jeram and Tasker and Theo but no Starmetal Kukuri, I'm using that passive that gives you fetishes with spell casts so I basically hold down poison toads, cast the occasional gargantuan, piranhas, locusts and fall asleep from boredom. I have 1000k sheet dps, and the build works fine on T5 (haven't tried T6, it probably works ok too), but it's terribly boring.

Ryhian

Longshot, but anyone wanna grind a little on ps4? Lowly WD looking for some tips as I haven't played in a bit. Currently doing T3.

ChazAshley

CharAznable's second cousin
What are some good end game stuff to do on the PS3?

Currently running a 'sader for some time doing Rift runs and whatnot. Then I recently discovered about the keyholders and farming for demon organs to make those XP bonus rings so i've been concentrating on that. Anything else that I'm potentially missing? Done Whimshire too.

Elfstruck

I just get started and got to lvl 45 wiz. I chose seasonal hero, so will my character get reset to zero once season ended? Also, should I craft rare items or just use whatever drop from mobs and quests?

I just get started and got to lvl 45 wiz. I chose seasonal hero, so will my character get reset to zero once season ended? Also, should I craft rare items or just use whatever drop from mobs and quests?

Seasonal characters are transferred to standard characters at the end of the season. (You're in the console thread btw, and seasons only applies to PC.)

Crafting rares/legendaries is definitely worthwhile even when you first hit 70.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
The Community Buff for the game's anniversary applies to consoles too.

+100% XP and GF from now until the 30th.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I looked at that Diablo Workshop stream on twitch yesterday. Man, I am such a casual player. I had zero idea what they were talking about for about 85% of the stream.

It feels like I have been absent from this game for a long time. With Bloodborne launching on Friday I may have to finish that before digging back into this game.

Have Blizz done anything about hackers yet? That really did annoy me.

Here's something I don't get.

Suppose I have some items that say, "Lightning damage increased by X %".
And suppose I select the runes that make my primary and secondary skill both of the type: lightning damage.

Does it matter, then, what type of damage my main weapon dishes out? Does it matter whether my weapon says '+1300-1400 lightning damage' or whether it says '+1300-1400 damage'??

Since my runes are lightning, would it not turn physical or whatever into lightning damage?

Paganmoon

Here's something I don't get.

Suppose I have some items that say, "Lightning damage increased by X %".
And suppose I select the runes that make my primary and secondary skill both of the type: lightning damage.

Does it matter, then, what type of damage my main weapon dishes out? Does it matter whether my weapon says '+1300-1400 lightning damage' or whether it says '+1300-1400 damage'??

Since my runes are lightning, would it not turn physical or whatever into lightning damage?

Iirc, weapon damage doesn't matter, could be any type, and will not be affected by the % damage increase to the elemental type. The rune however will be affected yes, they change the damage type of the weapon (for that skill) and will be affected by the % damage increase.

I think the +1300 lightning/fire/whatever damage is just flavor text, could be something that was important in Vanilla, but not in RoS / UEE at least.

Maledict

There's only one skill in the game which uses weapon damage - Elemental Exposure for wizards counts weapon damage type, and it specifically says on the skill it counts it.

Other than that, it's completely ignorable - doesn't affect anything no matter which type of damage you have, and nothing affects it.

h3ro

ANCIENT TORCH!!!!!

It dropped for my Demon Hunter. Rolled off attack speed 7% for 10% damage. Only negative of the drop is that it didn't roll with increased spirit regen which I did have on my original torch. It did roll with a nice amount of life per spirit spent bonus though.

Menaged

Never in my life I've played Diablo, and I'm hooked!

I have a co-op session with a friend, I'm a crusader and he's a wizard, and it's so much fun. I read that the game gets much better once you finish story mode, and it's so true. Rifts are just great. We got to a level 20 rift and managed quite alright, and then on 21 we got our asses kicked hard. That was humbling...

Today I started a hardcore run with a monk, and I'm loving it! It really changes the way you approach things. So far so good. I'm about to finish act I, and I'm already weary of Bilael at the end of act II. I remember he has this crazy move towards the end which demolishes the character. Hopefully I'll survive!

ANCIENT TORCH!!!!!

It dropped for my Demon Hunter. Rolled off attack speed 7% for 10% damage. Only negative of the drop is that it didn't roll with increased spirit regen which I did have on my original torch. It did roll with a nice amount of life per spirit spent bonus though.

Was good running with you last night, sorry I had to end it early, partner and little girl were asleep in the other room. Currently in the middle of moving, hopefully once that goes through then my gaming time will go back up!

Let me know when you need more crystals, I have a couple spare :p

YoodlePro

Halfway through act 2 and I'm level 45. Can I start playing torment once I reach 60 it do I need to finish act 4 to unlock anything higher than expert?

Finishing Act IV unlocks Master and then Torment is unlocked at 60.

So yes, you can play on Torment as soon as you reach 60, but if this a true first play-through, I think it might not be worth the effort.

Finishing Act IV unlocks Master and then Torment is unlocked at 60.

So yes, you can play on Torment as soon as you reach 60, but if this a true first play-through, I think it might not be worth the effort.

I'm on my first playthrough as well on Expert and by the end of ACT IV I was just rolling over everything with my demon hunter, it got too easy. I moved up to Torment 1 for ACT V and it's been fine so far, might try Torment 2. I'd say try out Torment and if it's too hard move down to Master.

iso135

I started post 70 play with my Monk yesterday at expert (I probably could have handled master), and then I changed all skills, passives, follower stuff, etc. to the Torch build Quin posted on DFans. Man, what a difference. I have NONE of the gear I need to pull off his build, yet I was still able to jump from expert to torment 1 instantly. Next time I play I am going to need to bump it up to torment 2 or above.

h3ro, you said the other day about not many ancient Akkhan pieces, this is my luck with Kadala!

lLVOIww.jpg

FU!!!!

Laconic

Banned
Hey, guys!

I enjoyed the whole gifting game, with you all.

But since console Diablo 3 isn't getting updated on the regular vis a vis keeping current with the Seasonal stuff, and since there is literally ZERO else that compels me in the PS4's library, I traded my PS4 in at GameStop (at profit) during that one promotion a month or so back.

If the console version ever starts to keep current with the PC version, and/or gets a new expansion, then I might be back.

But until then, GGs, guys! :)

Krayzie

Hey, guys!

I enjoyed the whole gifting game, with you all.

But since console Diablo 3 isn't getting updated on the regular vis a vis keeping current with the Seasonal stuff, and since there is literally ZERO else that compels me in the PS4's library, I traded my PS4 in at GameStop (at profit) during that one promotion a month or so back.

If the console version ever starts to keep current with the PC version, and/or gets a new expansion, then I might be back.

But until then, GGs, guys! :)

It's pretty apparent you have no idea what you're talking about.
For the last patch, consoles actually got it before the PC players.

As for seasonal items, consoles were given everything that came out with S2 on PC and It's very likely that we'll be getting S3 items as well with the next patch (which is coming within a weeks time)

quest

Not Banned from OT
Looks like Patch 2.2.0 is close.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/16860296597#1

I'm pretty psyched about the new content being added. Hopefully Blizzard will no longer laugh at us silly Barbarians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMKUMriSHZA

Na it is the crusaders turn to be the laughing stock. Barbs as of the last PTR are 4-5 levels ahead of all other classes in solo. You should have a fun time farming new gear for a WW/IK hybrid with near perm WOTB with all runes.

Can't wait for the patch to help you guys get stuff for your builds.

As for crusaders well this about sums it up from one of the best players in the world.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZglKjDHejw

Na it is the crusaders turn to be the laughing stock. Barbs as of the last PTR are 4-5 levels ahead of all other classes in solo. You should have a fun time farming new gear for a WW/IK hybrid with near perm WOTB with all runes.

Can't wait for the patch to help you guys get stuff for your builds.

As for crusaders well this about sums it up from one of the best players in the world.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZglKjDHejw

Any idea what build Crusaders need to run after 2.2 hits? I probably need to start looking for new gear....

Currently just running a pony build (2 piece Ancient Akkhan, Baleful Remnant) that gets me to around GR38 after that I'm not making the timers.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Any idea what build Crusaders need to run after 2.2 hits? I probably need to start looking for new gear....

Currently just running a pony build (2 piece Ancient Akkhan, Baleful Remnant) that gets me to around GR38 after that I'm not making the timers.

I don't see the need to change any build for Roland outside of being bored. Roland is clunky, very squishy, subpar damage(compared to the other new builds) and you need to spam a lot of skills very hard on the hands. The best Roland build is fire based pure shield bash. Just expect to die a lot as it is very squishy even with 2 defensive gems and diamonds in armor slots. I will have a Roland crusader but won't use a lot just more or less to have something to gear up. Will stick to Condemn and ZDPS for 95% of my play time.

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/53544-2-2-fire-rolands-grift-50

quest

Not Banned from OT
Wow Console get seasons, and the same updates that PC gets? Impressed.

Well get the seasonal gear there is no seasons on the console because of the offline mode allowing cheating.

Forgot to give my usual PSA before a patch. Backup your game before jumping into the game post patch incase there are some issues. That way you don't lose any progress.

Ploid 3.0

Well get the seasonal gear there is no seasons on the console because of the offline mode allowing cheating.

Forgot to give my usual PSA before a patch. Backup your game before jumping into the game post patch incase there are some issues. That way you don't lose any progress.

Ah, makes sense.

And the season exclusive gear? The gear that you can only obtain inside the season, not 2.2 patch. They just put it in normal unlike the pc version?

Season 3 exclusives for reference.

The following items are intended to be Seasonal only for Season 3. Note that not everything on this list is currently flagged as a Season 3 item at this time. This is a bug and should be fixed in a future PTR patch:

Dead Man's Legacy (rework)
Dread Iron (rework)
Nagelring (rework)
Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac (rework)
Hammer Belt (Placeholder Name)
Ranslor's Folly
Little Man's Finger
Spirit Guards
Iceblink (Legendary gem)
Mutilation Guard (Legendary gem)
Bottomless Potion of Amplification

quest

Not Banned from OT
Ah, makes sense.

And the season exclusive gear? The gear that you can only obtain inside the season, not 2.2 patch. They just put it in normal unlike the pc version?

Season 3 exclusives for reference.

Last time around console got all the season 2 exclusive gear day 1. The items were just part of the normal loot pool this includes the new legendary gems. I am expecting the same for season 3 items.

Lothars

So just wondering is the Infernal Pauldrons worth it? I see it's on the marketplace for 5 bucks but is that the same as the preorder voucher card for Infernal Pauldrons? or is it something different?

Maledict

Hmm - does anyone know when Europe will get the patch then? I had assumed it was a world wide release for consoles, but nothing appearing for me.

Ploid 3.0

Last time around console got all the season 2 exclusive gear day 1. The items were just part of the normal loot pool this includes the new legendary gems. I am expecting the same for season 3 items.

Wow I wonder whey they don't do that for PC. I guess it gives people a reason to participate in seasons, that and the transmog skins.

Top Bottom