• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

HeeHo

Before I knew too much about how Greater Rifts work I got matched up with a hacked character and I gained like a 150 levels out of nowhere cause the greater rift level was so high.

I was paragon level 90 something before but it really took the steam out of playing for me. I'm trying to finish getting all the trophies (ps4 version) but playing T6 bounties, it's hard to get in a group without a party of people with hacked weapons.

Before I knew too much about how Greater Rifts work I got matched up with a hacked character and I gained like a 150 levels out of nowhere cause the greater rift level was so high.

I was paragon level 90 something before but it really took the steam out of playing for me. I'm trying to finish getting all the trophies (ps4 version) but playing T6 bounties, it's hard to get in a group without a party of people with hacked weapons.

This happened to me as well. I ended up gaining like 400 paragon levels in one rift and stopped playing after that.

Luckily my PS4 was acting wacky a while back and I lost saves for all my games including this one so I just started up a new character yesterday. I already had the Plat so I'm not upset about losing the characters and whatnot.

I'll just be playing solo unless I get in a legit group. No more randoms.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Me and the wife started playing this again last night high level 54 I think. We not played for months as a relapse with health.

If I want to get some goodies on xbox one add us both

Dazzyman
Ikkle Panda

Added. I need to start playing this more. I had a flirtation with Marvel Heroes that has ended.

Raptor

This reminds me of Sil for some reason, hey Sil got anything to say about gaining paragon levels out of nowhere when joining random public games?

:p

Krayzie

Reminds me of him as well.
Prob because he mostly responds whenever it happens I guess :) I share he's frustration whenever that happens too as it can be easily avoided. Just gotta do a lil research be4 hand is all.

Wouldn't you have to know before entering the grift what was going on? I really don't understand how that happens.

At any rate, I've had great experiences with public so far on XB1; although I run with GAFers more often than join publics.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Yeah, I was at work and saw the post. Here's my late response:
giphy.gif

Wouldn't you have to know before entering the grift what was going on? I really don't understand how that happens.
Here's the thing - even if you were completely and totally clueless about it all, the rate at which you gain Paragon levels in a GR100 stage, especially for a new player (which should be assumed to be the case, given that they are clueless), should be so rapid in comparison to what they have seen through the 1-70 leveling process and any PL acquired beforehand that they should know that something is very much not right within the first few seconds and probably seeing PL tick up with each such second.

Then to allow it to happen to the point that you gain 100+ levels? Give me a fucking break.

Allow an analogy.

You're a stranger in a bad town and walking a dangerous street at midnight, and turn a corner and get stabbed by someone on the street. OK, that sucks. There's your new player in a GR100 stage.

At this point, a normal person would immediately run away, right?

Instead, the person is standing there and allowing the attacker to stab him repeatedly over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and only after being stabbed a few hundred times does the victim finally crawl away and report to the police that he's been stabbed a few hundred times.

Zemm

Heeeey

I haven't played this game in ages but felt a sudden urge to start it up again, going to start a Season 2 character but I don't know which classes are fun and interesting anymore. What would you say is the most fun class with the most interesting skills and items?

Thank you in advance.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
giphy.gif

Here's the thing - even if you were completely and totally clueless about it all, the rate at which you gain Paragon levels in a GR100 stage, especially for a new player (which should be assumed to be the case, given that they are clueless), should be so rapid in comparison to what they have seen through the 1-70 leveling process and any PL acquired beforehand that they should know that something is very much not right within the first few seconds and probably seeing PL tick up with each such second.

Then to allow it to happen to the point that you gain 100+ levels? Give me a fucking break.

Allow an analogy.

You're a stranger in a bad town and walking a dangerous street at midnight, and turn a corner and get stabbed by someone on the street. OK, that sucks. There's your new player in a GR100 stage.

Instead, the person is standing there and allowing the attacker to stab him repeatedly over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and only after being stabbed a few hundred times does the victim finally crawl away and report to the police that he's been stabbed a few hundred times.
Maybe I'm assumptious but wouldn't the really stuttery and by no means instant process in which one acquires a high enough level grift key to even enter the grift in the first place key one into that something is fishy? I mean the people with the hacked gear need to pull "newbie you" through a trial for your key first before the action starts.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Perhaps, but I could at least imagine (and allow for the sake of argument in this discussion) someone being so clueless that they have no idea what the Greater Rift level digits even mean.

"I guess it stops at 100? OK, whatever. Let's see what happens."

HeeHo

giphy.gif

Allow an analogy.

...What? I don't think that analogy is very fitting. I get it. It just doesn't seem like the same thing. When something bizarre like this is happening I think it's quite natural to sit there and wonder what the hell is happening. It's not like being stabbed, it's like being scammed, where you initially thought something good was happening.

As someone who is new to Greater Rifts in general, and thus probably desperate for Legendary Gem upgrades, don't you think they wanted a guaranteed chance to upgrade? Yeah, I knew something was up but I was trying to upgrade my gem and also constantly dying. If it would've been 10 paragon levels and I quit before that, no sweat. But it happened very fuckin' fast and I didn't realize that the higher the GR level meant more exp. I wasn't happy about it at all but it was already too late. The level up notifications couldn't even keep up with the levels I'd already gained.

How is this so hard to understand if a person has little GR experience? I knew the guy was using a hacked weapon (but whoTF isn't) which bugged me but not as much as feeling like I supremely cheated afterwards. In my case, I didn't want to waste a keystones of trials which seemed valuable at the time.

Saying it's somehow the players fault too for all this shitty hacking going on where a new player can't even enter a major dungeon without gaining a few hundred levels if you don't quit right away is asinine.

If I could reset my paragon level, I would.

The only mode worth playing to me now is hardcore.

...where a new player can't even enter a major dungeon without gaining a few hundred levels if you don't quit right away is asinine.

You can't enter a grift that's already open, and opening it requires having earned a grift key of the appropriate level.

Kill stealing isn't really an issue in Diablo. It's a cooperative experience and all players share in the rewards.

When farming T6, you all kill so fast anyway that it doesn't matter. If someone's stealing your kill, that's probably an indication of a problem.

When pushing grifts, packs take time to kill, so you're all working together. It's actually very fun because you can run synergistic builds.

h3ro

I still don't get multiplayer. Other people are just stealing your kills, and possibly cheaters on top of that.

Yeah, I hate that. This one time, dude tried to steal my kill while facing Diablo. Had to let him know what was up and he backed off. If anyone is gonna kill Diablo, it's gonna be me.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Anyone wants to team up on PS4?
I wanna level my Witch Doctor to 70 and then go ham with the Barbarian.

My PSN ID: Fersis_4

Raptor

Yeah, I hate that. This one time, dude tried to steal my kill while facing Diablo. Had to let him know what was up and he backed off. If anyone is gonna kill Diablo, it's gonna be me.

Why you want to kill Diablo though?

There ia nothing else to do if you do.

There is no stealing. XP is shared and any loot you see only you can see.

What I mean is, the whole point of the game is to be powerful enough to efficiently clear areas for loot while maintaining survivability. Multiplayer is self defeating:

- the affect of your build is less meaningful, because you have help
- loot is less meaningful, because you accept gifts instead of using what you find, which is where the game really shines
- you basically lose the reward of surviving and clearing a crazy spot due to your own skill and effort into the build because you really didn't survive it due to what you did

Paganmoon

What I mean is, the whole point of the game is to be powerful enough to efficiently clear areas for loot while maintaining survivability. Multiplayer is self defeating:

- the affect of your build is less meaningful, because you have help
- loot is less meaningful, because you accept gifts instead of using what you find, which is where the game really shines
- you basically lose the reward of surviving and clearing a crazy spot due to your own skill and effort into the build because you really didn't survive it due to what you did

You must be a hoot to work with:)

IHaveIce

Banned
Man the Torch or the Az fist are just evasing me.. If anyone on Xbox One has a decent one and wouldn't mind duping them or something I would really appreciate that,

GT is IHaveAnIce, send me a message if you do or write here :(
Maybe I have something one of you guys would need

Is there any word on when the latest patch will make it to PS4?

WTF @ people bitching at kill stealing. How childish are you?

It's not kill 'stealing' per se. If you just want to run around the game blowing everything up, that's fine. Where the game shines, though, is building the most powerful build you can, which is less meaningful if your build isn't solely responsible for what's happening in the game.

Accepting gifts also devalues the endgame. If you have a stash full of gifted gear, you aren't really forced to make the best of what you have, and drops become less exciting if you already have tons of options.

IbukiLordSA

You must get amazing gifts because I have yet to get 1 gift worth using and I don't even remember the last time I got a gift and I play almost every day. Then again I don't die often unless I run a very high level grift.

Man I missed out on the sales for this game and it's back up to $60 everywhere. Anyone know where I can find a copy for a good price? Canadian btw

Just wondering something, if I play vanilla D3 on the PS3 (no updates) and manage to get a puzzle ring drop, would it be considered a legacy one if I then port that character to the PS4? I'm unsure of the patch version on PS3. Wouldn't mind equipping one on my follower just for the extra legendary chance.

Just wondering something, if I play vanilla D3 on the PS3 (no updates) and manage to get a puzzle ring drop, would it be considered a legacy one if I then port that character to the PS4? I'm unsure of the patch version on PS3. Wouldn't mind equipping one on my follower just for the extra legendary chance.

Patch version should be the same in the PS3 version.

YoodlePro

Have finally bought the game. Can't believe I held off so much time.

Roll on weekend!!! If I play local Co op with a mate can I also play online on psn with others at the same time?

Krayzie

Have finally bought the game. Can't believe I held off so much time.

Roll on weekend!!! If I play local Co op with a mate can I also play online on psn with others at the same time?

Yup you sure can.
As a precautionary note, do not ever join T6 public games, as it is packed with hackers and can ruin the game for you. Joining games below T6 should be fine as i doubt hackers would bother with it.

I suggest you add people from here if you want to receive gifts/encounter nemesis.
Feel free to add me @ krayzie_1988

YoodlePro

Yup you sure can.
As a precautionary note, do not ever join T6 public games, as it is packed with hackers and can ruin the game for you. Joining games below T6 should be fine as i doubt hackers would bother with it.

I suggest you add people from here if you want to receive gifts/encounter nemesis.
Feel free to add me @ krayzie_1988

Cheers mate! Will ad you. I may be naive but I thought the advantage of playing on console is to avoid hackers.

Cheers mate! Will ad you. I may be naive but I thought the advantage of playing on console is to avoid hackers.

Sadly PS3 version was hacked due to custom firmware etc, those people then import characters to the PS4 version with hacked items (I believe that's how it's all come about)

Feel free to add me AbandonedTrolley

jimmypython

still don't understand why blizzard can't just add an always online mode of the game for the console version. You have separate online characters only saved on the battlenet server just like the pc version. so we would have seasons and no/less hackers.

offline play is great but options are always welcomed.

Please add me too (PSN): jing_toleoringCA :)

dog$

Hates quality gaming
I don't think any kind of patch version matters, only that you are specifically playing Vanilla D3 on PS3 to get that ring. I don't see how it's possible for the legacy version to drop on PS3 ROS, regardless of what patch it has or doesn't have (the whole "original game included!" bullshit on the box is just that - bullshit).

That said, I also believe that you will want to make a new PS4 account to receive the transfer of the PS3 data if you do this. When you choose to link the two accounts between PS3 and PS4, the game only allows the data transfer to be done by overwriting anything that may already exist on the PS4. I presume that this is done to prevent easy duplication, but we know how the rest of that story goes.

I don't think any kind of patch version matters, only that you are specifically playing Vanilla D3 on PS3 to get that ring. I don't see how it's possible for the legacy version to drop on PS3 ROS, regardless of what patch it has or doesn't have (the whole "original game included!" bullshit on the box is just that - bullshit).

That said, I also believe that you will want to make a new PS4 account to receive the transfer of the PS3 data if you do this. When you choose to link the two accounts between PS3 and PS4, the game only allows the data transfer to be done by overwriting anything that may already exist on the PS4. I presume that this is done to prevent easy duplication, but we know how the rest of that story goes.

Yeah will be borrowing a friends D3 and just get farming I guess and hope for a drop.

cormack12

Gold Member
Hey GAF,

Looking for some friends. Just cleaned my friends list as I was getting gifts for people that didn't even play any more, so now I have one other active person playing.....I'm going to be quite active as I'm finishing my hardcore character to level 70 (currently 61), then will be going through the other 4 classes. Add for nemesis/drops or co-op for rifts and adventure mode in EU.

PSN: VersatilityToad

Please add a note saying GAF - I don't generally add randoms!

YoodlePro

Well I don't regret buying it, played for a while local with a mate and that was epic. Played alone and it was great as well.

Have a bunch of legendary items ( Thanks Krayzie by the way) and thinking to increase the difficulty a bit. What say you? Is it a stupid move?

maomaoIYP

Been farming like mad lately, finally I have 3 characters which can tackle T6 comfortably. Still can't find a WD build which feels fun though.

Krayzie

Well I don't regret buying it, played for a while local with a mate and that was epic. Played alone and it was great as well.

Have a bunch of legendary items ( Thanks Krayzie by the way) and thinking to increase the difficulty a bit. What say you? Is it a stupid move?

Anytime m8. Just remembered I didn't reply your psn message, sorry for that. Anyway if you need any crusader specific gear or even just gold/gems, just ask away.

As for your question, go ahead and increase the difficulty. If ever you find yourself taking too long to kill them demons, then lower it.

Paganmoon

Anytime m8. Just remembered I didn't reply your psn message, sorry for that. Anyway if you need any crusader specific gear or even just gold/gems, just ask away.

As for your question, go ahead and increase the difficulty. If ever you find yourself taking too long to kill them demons, then lower it.

I haven't seen you online in a while Krayzie, have you stopped doing all-nighters? :)

Oh, and grats on Member status.

Top Bottom