• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

IbukiLordSA

New update is great, messed around a bit, got a new piece of the Demon Hunter armor, seems like it's going to be very powerful.

SL2gn7y.jpg

Bu8KzdI.jpg

eRmt1I7.jpg

Maledict

Is there any way to change the status effect icons on the console version? As a wizard I need to keep track of my Tal Rasha's buffs, but other characters icons (such as monks mantras) take priority it seems which makes playing the class a lot harder than it should be.

Is there anything I can do about this?

So just wondering is the Infernal Pauldrons worth it? I see it's on the marketplace for 5 bucks but is that the same as the preorder voucher card for Infernal Pauldrons? or is it something different?

Nah, you'll find something better to replace it with an hour into the game. And the worst thing is it takes up a slot in your stash and you can't get rid of it.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
finally managed to get a good gaming session with a gaffer, m0nkeyhero! I noticed your invite for chatting after I quit, sorry about that! No lag, too I was impressed, I wish I could've stayed longer.

HORRORSHØW

downloaded the update. got the new bracers as a gift:

CCCHmNqW8AI4OGE.jpg

proceed to wreck gr44 with 2billion crits using junk gear:

CCCHpwBWYAEUGwm.jpg

and just cleared gr49 with rolands:

CCCMOJpWgAAakDv.jpg

Hey I'm running into a bit of an issue, looking for some help.

I finished all 5 acts in campaign mode and I'm up to Torment IV in Adventure mode (paragon 65 or so). My wife started a new character on her PSN account and we've been going through adventure mode together, but the difficulty is capped at Expert and won't let us go higher. How do I unlock higher difficulties for her? She's level 47 at the moment.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
It all generally looks smoother to me somehow. As far as I can tell, they've done no small amount of tweaking to the effects and it's all basically for the better.

I like that they show which gear slots correspond to the unique item names in the set lists now.

Turns out I had 20 Ramanaldis to stack. Glad to finally do that.

Just starting out, what class do you guys recommend? I have played Diablo 1/2 in the past as well as other games like it.
If all you care about is getting the highest damage output, try Demon Hunter or Barbarian. Monk and Witch Doctor are more useful for group play, and while Crusader is good and Wizard has been improved, they still don't surpass Barb or DH.

Is there any way to change the status effect icons on the console version? As a wizard I need to keep track of my Tal Rasha's buffs, but other characters icons (such as monks mantras) take priority it seems which makes playing the class a lot harder than it should be.

Is there anything I can do about this?
No there isn't, and it sucks.

It's particularly bad during the community buff events. I may have no idea when anything is going to wear off, but I am constantly aware that there is higher XP or GF or whatever it is at the moment. Thanks Blizz.

How do I unlock higher difficulties for her? She's level 47 at the moment.
For each account you need to have the first person reach 60 before Torment is unlocked.

Daigoro

anyone still playing on xbone that i dont already have on my list?

feel free to add, gt: Daigoro

been playing a fair amount since the community buff a few weeks ago.

HORRORSHØW

loving the reworked sets, especially tal's. much more fun and engaging than firebirds. raiment seems to be on par with the old SWK; roland's is much better than akkhans for me. slowly building towards the new delsere's magnum opus.

Grimløck;159431572 said:
loving the reworked sets, especially tal's. much more fun and engaging than firebirds. raiment seems to be on par with the old SWK; roland's is much better than akkhans for me. slowly building towards the new delsere's magnum opus.

So it's worth switching to Rolands? What build are you currently running? I believe I've a few ancients in my storage that I might be able to play about with.

HORRORSHØW

So it's worth switching to Rolands? What build are you currently running? I believe I've a few ancients in my storage that I might be able to play about with.

shield bash; fire rune. new bracers are essential. you crit 2-3 billion regularly. i was a couple of minutes off from doing a 52 without double unity and zero ancient roland's pieces. you'll need both defensive gems from last season, esoteric and gizzard. i also have full diamonds in my armor.

Error

I wish Blizzard would've implemented a way to tag these cheaters so they only get paired with themselves. Or a Paragon Level filter where you could choose a max PL you wish to be paired with when choosing quick game.

These fuckers one shot everything, and it ruins the game. It sucks so hard.

edit: omg Mask of Jeram is amazing, and I got one with a relative shitty roll and it's still such a beast. The passive at 76% is insane for Pet build, read you can get that passive up to 100%. Shit must be crazy.

HORRORSHØW

slapped together a half-decent delsere's set. not quite as face-roll as tal's but fun nonetheless. definitely a more team-oriented set.

Error

Almost done with my WD pet build, gotta say I'm pretty happy with it. Got lucky with TaT, the thing rolled with a 50% attack speed increase for pet, which is the highest. Rhen'ho Flayer is a very nice CK till I get SMK, it seems to proc the sycophant passive easily and that combined with the confusion passive of addling toads is amazing.

I can solo T6 Nephalem rift no problems, only mob that give me trouble sometimes are the Last of Us enemies.

Already thinking which character to try next, I have a DH at level 55, a Wizard at level 45, a Barb at level 34 and a Monk at level 70. Might try Crusader since it's the only class I haven't touched yet.

orochi91

What's the point of the level cap at 70?

I just started playing D3:UEE for the first time, so I'm unfamiliar with this restriction.

YoodlePro

Uhhh, nearly finished with my wd jade set... But I have to say, by putting the jade set and taking off what I had in previously my stats nearly halved.

Should this be happening?

Uhhh, nearly finished with my wd jade set... But I have to say, by putting the jade set and taking off what I had in previously my stats nearly halved.

Should this be happening?

Sacrificing some stats for a set bonus mostly is worth it but halved? I'm not sure. Jade set's bonus is insanely powerful so you might want to give it a run first, it isn't necesscarily worse.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
What's the point of the level cap at 70?
I don't understand what you mean in asking "what's the point". That's just where there's no more active or passive skills to unlock.

There's still Paragon beyond it, and 70 just happens to be where it was designed to end.

(As far as I'm concerned, "What's the point of non Paragon levels?" would be a better question, since reaching 70 before that point is just a time-wasting obstacle that you must endure before the ability to actually play the game properly is available.)

h3ro

I like the look of this new UE set for my DH. Still trying to finish the set but I can't wait to shoot my blue balls.

stn

So just wondering is the Infernal Pauldrons worth it? I see it's on the marketplace for 5 bucks but is that the same as the preorder voucher card for Infernal Pauldrons? or is it something different?
I'll bet its the same item. If yes, not worth it at all. The pre-order pauldrons were a level 1 item.

Where in God's name do I find Death's breath?

Been leveling up all day, doing Halls of Agony 3, with the occasional bounty run, and also rift. Both on hard and master. But ZERO Death's Breath. Not one. What am I doing wrong?

Crimzun Wolf

Neo Member
Where in God's name do I find Death's breath?

Been leveling up all day, doing Halls of Agony 3, with the occasional bounty run, and also rift. Both on hard and master. But ZERO Death's Breath. Not one. What am I doing wrong?

Are you level 61 or higher? You need be 61 or higher for death's breath to drop and they only drop from elites and champ packs.

Edit: better info below!

dog$

Hates quality gaming
http://www.diablowiki.net/Death's_Breath
Blizzard provided the drop rates for Deaths Breaths when complaints about their infrequency were voiced shortly after the launch of Reaper of Souls. These drop rates are the same for Demonic Essence and all legendary materials, when counted from valid sources.
Normal – 15%
Hard – 18%
Expert – 21%
Master – 25%
Torment 1 – 31%
Torment 2 – 37%
Torment 3 – 44%
Torment 4 – 53%
Torment 5 – 64%
Torment 6 – 77%
These items can drop from Elites (Yellows or Blue Champions), Purple Uniques, as well as from Treasure Goblins and Resplendent Chests.
Your character also must be at least Level 61.

Krayzie

Really impressed with the revamped rolands set.
Able to easily clear GR50 now, albeit lack of perm akarat results in dying a lot.
Gotta say, hitting almost 10 billion crit dmg on elites is fucking satisfying.

Paganmoon

Really impressed with the revamped rolands set.
Able to easily clear GR50 now, albeit lack of perm akarat results in dying a lot.
Gotta say, hitting almost 10 billion crit dmg on elites is fucking satisfying.

you know, I was about to start playing again, and then you go and post this...

Krayzie

you know, I was about to start playing again, and then you go and post this...

Lol!! You never cease to amuse me with these remarks man :)
You should use this as an incentive to get bk to D3, beef up your DH so you can finally silence my smug sader ass.

Well, or attempt to at least :p

Thanks for the info on Death's breath. I found a few now I'm level 61.

I thought I could get it earlier, because I saw a leveling guide, where some dude who was level 45 or something crafted a 60+ weapon, and then transmogrified it to '-15 level requirement.' But that's impossible without upgrading your blacksmith, and you need Death's breath for that. So how he did that, I have no clue.

orochi91

There's still Paragon beyond it, and 70 just happens to be where it was designed to end.

(As far as I'm concerned, "What's the point of non Paragon levels?" would be a better question, since reaching 70 before that point is just a time-wasting obstacle that you must endure before the ability to actually play the game properly is available.)

I see what you mean, there's this entire Paragon tab in the menus that I can't even do anything with right now.

So you're saying Paragon leveling will be accessible after I hit level 70?

Error

How's the PS4 community? I have had the game forever and never jumped in. Last time I played was 2 years ago on the PC.

It's alright if you stick to friends, playing games with randoms is ruined because of the cheating.

thanks for those items, sillysil or dog$ I think? I couldn't join you guys later, probably a problem with who was hosting, sorry for not talking too much, my english kinda sucks ;)

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Yeah that 57 run was nice. In comparison, doing the grunt work for getting all accounts some extra shard holding capacity was such a pain in the ass. 43 felt like such a chore.
thanks for those items, sillysil or dog$ I think? I couldn't join you guys later, probably a problem with who was hosting, sorry for not talking too much, my english kinda sucks ;)
You're welcome. Just make sure you wear those rings too. The Royal Ring is particularly important for most anything you're trying to do concerning multiple sets.

Error

Thinking of doing something different from the norm with my Wizard. Gonna prioritize stunlocking over pure damage so I'm gonna concentrate mainly on lighting skills and passive. Going for pure crowd control.

Hopefully it's viable for T6 and GRifts.

Dog$ thanks for tal-rasha helmet. I'll probably end up using that set so it's nice to have one piece already.

Revson

Loving the new Wizard changes, just need a damn Serpent's Sparker.

I've played the hell out of this game on 360 and XB1 and I've yet to see a single one drop.

:(

anyone still playing on xbone that i dont already have on my list?

feel free to add, gt: Daigoro

been playing a fair amount since the community buff a few weeks ago.

Added you, my GT is TPR Goat.

Tarazet

I spent all weekend on a new Barb. It felt terrible. It was nice never dying to anything, but even with numbers that I would call somewhat serviceable, I couldn't kill a wet paper bag. I was basically there to keep things corraled until enough Fallen Lunatics popped out of my Nagelring to kill mobs. Then 2p IK changed everything. Suddenly it's a different game. Before I was falling asleep during T1 rifts; I didn't change anything else but now was tearing through T4. Seems like things are as binary as ever with Blizzard's set balance; either you got it or you don't. Still trying to get sockets and CHD on all my jewelry.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Tarazet-1231/hero/60576776

How's the PS4 community? I have had the game forever and never jumped in. Last time I played was 2 years ago on the PC.

There are couple gaffers on my friends list who play it on a regular basis. I had my PS4 version since it came out and I just started playing it yesterday. Never to lays to jump in...

mackattk

Anyone playing on PS4? I am tired of gifting legendaries to people who don't play.

I spent all weekend on a new Barb. It felt terrible. It was nice never dying to anything, but even with numbers that I would call somewhat serviceable, I couldn't kill a wet paper bag. I was basically there to keep things corraled until enough Fallen Lunatics popped out of my Nagelring to kill mobs. Then 2p IK changed everything. Suddenly it's a different game. Before I was falling asleep during T1 rifts; I didn't change anything else but now was tearing through T4. Seems like things are as binary as ever with Blizzard's set balance; either you got it or you don't. Still trying to get sockets and CHD on all my jewelry.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Tarazet-1231/hero/60576776

Yeah thats where I am at now. I can clear T1 decently, but slowly. The IK set looks amazing. Is there any special place that it drops from?

Also, I hear some things about gambling, what does that mean in terms of Diablo 3?

Anyone playing on PS4? I am tired of gifting legendaries to people who don't play.

Yeah thats where I am at now. I can clear T1 decently, but slowly. The IK set looks amazing. Is there any special place that it drops from?

Also, I hear some things about gambling, what does that mean in terms of Diablo 3?

Play all the time, really need to have a clear up of my list as well tbh, I doubt most of those on my list play anymore given there are only about 5-6 names that I always see playing.

I've just started on PS4 and am playing a Monk, my ID is DamagedInc if you want to add me, any help greatly received.

Top Bottom